Not open for further replies.
YOOO BAX WILL FINALLY GET BANNED LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOO
On the downside, 3 new 4x bug resists for my boy Lokix :((((((((((

OR SO YOU THOUGHT!!!!
YOU SEE THIS?
:sv/Lokix:
View attachment 551493
THAT'S RIGHT, BRO HAS 2 STABS
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Tera Dark Lokix Throat Chop vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Okidogi: 208-246 (65.6 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Tera Dark Lokix Throat Chop vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Fezandipiti: 284-336 (89.5 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
MOLTRES? HAHA DONT MAKE ME LAUGH
252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Dark Lokix Throat Chop vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Moltres: 188-222 (49 - 57.9%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
ITS LOKIXING TIME
2hkoing okidogi is kinda neat, tinted lens is one hell of a drug

Zamazenta says hi. Then again, it's the Pokemon took Kyurem-B's title of most pathetic Cover Legendary and managed to easily keep that title even after gaining Body Press.
Went over this in the last thread thread but (as you implied) people knew Zama and KyuB had pretty glaring weaknesses and relatively poor defensive typings. This isn't the case with most of the Ubers that people have talked about dropping, even the Arceus forms with the worst typings. Darkrai, even in a hypothetical tera-less meta, has stats that are comparable to things like Flutter Mane and Iron Bundle, not to mention boosting and (albeit unreliable) sleep w/ Hypnosis. Plus Dark has been an inherently good attacking type ever since the Steel nerf in XY.

(For the record I think dropping ZamaC was one of the more questionable decisions the council made, even if there was a rationale for it)

Went over this in the last thread thread but (as you implied) people knew Zama and KyuB had pretty glaring weaknesses and relatively poor defensive typings. This isn't the case with most of the Ubers that people have talked about dropping, even the Arceus forms with the worst typings. Darkrai, even in a hypothetical tera-less meta, has stats that are comparable to things like Flutter Mane and Iron Bundle, not to mention boosting and (albeit unreliable) sleep w/ Hypnosis. Plus Dark has been an inherently good attacking type ever since the Steel nerf in XY.

(For the record I think dropping ZamaC was one of the more questionable decisions the council made, even if there was a rationale for it)
Honestly though if tera goes maybe we can talk about Darkrai, but for now I think its best to leave Darkrai be

Also interestingly Volc hasn't dropped...

Baxcalibur needs a quickban lol

"erm actually that's too soon"

first of all, baxcalibur should have been suspected a million years ago and probably banned, and now it has one of the best tools it could have ever gotten, with better support, and better conditions in the meta

you are kidding yourself if you think this mon isnt getting banned so we frankly should skip the headache

Baxcalibur needs a quickban lol

"erm actually that's too soon"

first of all, baxcalibur should have been suspected a million years ago and probably banned, and now it has one of the best tools it could have ever gotten, with better support, and better conditions in the meta

you are kidding yourself if you think this mon isnt getting banned so we frankly should skip the headache
I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up on the first QB slate we get, especially considering it was probably gonna be the next suspect had HOME meta gone on for 1-2 more months

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
YOOO BAX WILL FINALLY GET BANNED LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOO
On the downside, 3 new 4x bug resists for my boy Lokix :((((((((((

OR SO YOU THOUGHT!!!!
YOU SEE THIS?
:sv/Lokix:
View attachment 551493
THAT'S RIGHT, BRO HAS 2 STABS
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Tera Dark Lokix Throat Chop vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Okidogi: 208-246 (65.6 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Tera Dark Lokix Throat Chop vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Fezandipiti: 284-336 (89.5 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
MOLTRES? HAHA DONT MAKE ME LAUGH
252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Dark Lokix Throat Chop vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Moltres: 188-222 (49 - 57.9%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
LOOK OUT OU, ITS LOKIXING TIME
Good news

It gets Knock Off now :D

Gekokeso

Mind the bad garmmar.
is a Pre-Contributor
LOOK OUT OU, ITS LOKIXING TIME
As a fellow Lokix enjoyer i must remind you it gets knock off now
252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Dark Lokix Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Moltres: 228-270 (59.5 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As a sidenote I don't think pre-Dlc bax was as broke as people make it out to be, but there is no way in hell mon isn't broken now that Ninetales returns strongers than ever.

Edit: Ninja'd

1LDK

Trial by fury
is a Top Team Rater
I want a baxcalibur suspect instead of a quickban, mainly because I wanna see Blue Sky Rhapsody as the theme song of the suspect test
And also I don't have to build until Saturday afternoon, so I need to experiment with it

Outside of that, I really wanna try grassy terrain HO, a lot of new potential grassy terrain sweepers came out and Im dying to trying them out, the certified 1LDK heat is coming soon people

What do we think about okidogi, definitely seems like it definitely could be good.

Also Torn-T is so back, mon never should have lost knock in the first place

And yes, Bax should go asap, Mon was suspect worthy before but its quickban territory now

2. What are you excited for most?
3. What are your expectations regarding hyper offense?
4. What are your expectations regarding bulky offense?
5. What are your expectations regarding balance?
6. What are yuor expectations regarding stall?
7. What former OU mon(s) are you expecting to plummet to UU or below?
8. Which mon(s) if any do you believe will get banned by the end of the month?
9. Is Knock Off enough to save Tyranitar from falling to UU?
10. Did you enjoy the Teal Mask DLC? Either way, I hope you enjoy the new changes for OU and have a nice day
don't play ou much but I got into it 3 days agoish. and the dlc dropped today and I wasn't expecting that. bruh

2.) TORTERRA BABY YEAAAAAAAAAH LETS GO LETS FUCKIN GO THATS WHAT WE'VE WANTED TO SEE WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
...is what I would say if this were the UU or RU forums. I'm only now getting back into comp mons after a short hiatus, and the only thing in OU I think is relevant to me is Flip Turn Samurott and MAYBE the Fire/Grass form of the new legendary, since that's my favorite typing of all time. Maybe the new Ursaluna could be pretty damn funny? I loved clicking Gigaton Hammer and seeing things drop, after all. Grassy Glide Breloom also sounds really funny, so I hope it's good.

3/4/5.) I haven't had much time to play around with things, but I like the feel of Balance and Bulky Offense against me, but some HO styles feel super volatile and matchup-fishy. I'm sure its been talked to death but Sneasler just sometimes wins the video game and it doesn't feel fair using it. And I don't even use HailVeil or dual screens.

6.) I hope it's dead by this point. No hate to stall players, but I despise your team style.

8.) byebye Baxcalibur, it was nice knowing you from your short stint in UU buddy.

9.) I hope so. It feels sacrilege to see how far our man's gone, but I also understand it with all the top meta mons in OU just dogpiling it.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
What do we think about okidogi, definitely seems like it definitely could be good.
Guard Dog prevents phasing and deflects Intimidate, so Bulk Up Drain Punch variants could definitely be on the table considering it's really solid typing and ability to Tera to work around the Psychic vulnerability. With Taunt, however, Toxic Chain could be a really potent choice as well.

Access to Knock Off, great coverage, and Toxic Chain might also leverage a more all-out offensive variant, too, whether that's with a Choice Band or simply just Bulk Up 3 Attacks. I doubt it will be terrible by any means.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was just going to lurk, but no one brought this up so far. Original Ninetales gained Healing Wish as an Egg Move. Does that give it enough of a niche to consider using over Torkoal? I know Torkoal is probably better most of the time anyway because of Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. I just think it'd be neat if both Drought Pokemon ended up being viable. Also, how much worse would Baxcalibur be if Alolan Ninetales got Healing Wish too? :P

Zamazenta says hi. Then again, it's the Pokemon took Kyurem-B's title of most pathetic Cover Legendary and managed to easily keep that title even after gaining Body Press.
Zama was nerfed in multiple ways by GF this Gen, at least have solid reasonings behind delusions

Guard Dog prevents phasing and deflects Intimidate, so Bulk Up Drain Punch variants could definitely be on the table considering it's really solid typing and ability to Tera to work around the Psychic vulnerability. With Taunt, however, Toxic Chain could be a really potent choice as well.

Access to Knock Off, great coverage, and Toxic Chain might also leverage a more all-out offensive variant, too, whether that's with a Choice Band or simply just Bulk Up 3 Attacks. I doubt it will be terrible by any means.
Heck, AV could be really neat too since it has just enough special bulk to make it work

It’s not even November yet and the meta is already a winter wonderland thanks to Godchilla and Icy Ninetales shaking things up. Weather wars are back in season ig

Also, Shell Smash Torterra with Tera Rock is fun asf to sweep and wallbreak with. Try it lol

It’s not even November yet and the meta is already a winter wonderland thanks to Godchilla and Icy Ninetales shaking things up. Weather wars are back in season ig

Also, Shell Smash Torterra with Tera Rock is fun asf to sweep and wallbreak with. Try it lol
OHHHH NO, THERE GOES TO(U)KYO, GODCHILLA
Yeah, I have been using a sticky web ribombee and defensive pivot Empoleon team first few games.

Not that I don't think Bax will be insane, but every time a mon gets hyped up, we get an Ursaluna situation where it turns out it has answers lol.

So... we'll see what happens. It getting banned would be good for Garchomp at least.
Honestly more concerned about Ninetales giving Bax a Def boost + aurora veil than Scale moon Shot.
Bax already has Glaive Rush and unlike Scale Shot it doesn’t require loaded dice to deal high damage. You can give it leftovers or boots or what ever with Glaive Rush. Additionally if you’re using Sword Dance + Scale Shot it’s a lot easier to play around than Dragon Dance + Glaive Rush.
Having a Snow setter that can also set up screens is a bigger change imo.

Anyways

It’s pretty unique and overall better than regular Ursaluna. I was surprised it was a Special Attacker given its design.
Guts is honestly a meme ability that people overhype. I knew day one that Ursaluna would drop because Guts mandates you use a specific item that also chips you over time to be effective. That burn damage stacks up over time and makes Ursaluna much easier to play around. Bloodmoon has similar power since it can run items, but doesn’t have the burden of being on a timer. Additionally Bloodmoon has Old Scrappy (in this case it benefits Bloodmoon since intimdate will lower its Atk its not using) + Keen Eye, and Vacuum Wave too. Regular Ursaluna actually has pretty similar stats to Kingambit with a major difference being that Kingambit has priority. Well not only does Bloodmoon have priority too, it’s pretty important too. It hits Baxcalibur, Kingambit, Gholdengo, Greninja, Meowscarada, Samurott-H, the Rock form of Ogerpon, and opposing Bloodmoons super effectively.

No way this has any shot in OU but I want to say #JusticeForMeltan #JusticeForPhione
This thing can use Eviolite but Meltan and Manaphy’s baby can’t. This is load of horse and makes me hate how Eviolite seems to just have a mind of its own. I don’t care that Phione doesn’t technically evolve into Manaphy it should be an except if this thing can use Eviolite!

The worst part is this thing doesn’t get Shell Smash. What’s even the point?

Zarud-I mean Okidogi here would be pretty decent all things considered if Sneasler wasn’t in the tier. Sneasler looks overall better but Okidogi does have a few things Sneasler would love, like Knock Off, Ice Punch, High Horsepower, and Toxic Chain being an upgrade from Poison Touch.

Probably the best of the Loyal trio. Where as Okidogi would get walled by Ghost and Poison and some unique type combos, Poison/Psychic is only walled by Steels and other unique type combos. Munkidori and Okidogi both have coverage moves around this, with Munidori getting Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, and Grass Knot. It also gets Nasty Plot and speed toes Enamorus-I too.
Also may be a meme, but Venoshock/Hex may be viable on Munkidori because of Toxic Chain being able to badly poison Pokemon 30% of the time with any attacking move.

Holy shit is this thing hot garbage.
Look at this movepool. It’s one of the worst movepools I’v seen for a fully evolved Pokemon, by far the worst movepool for fully evolved legendary. Fezandipiti not only is easily the worst of the Loyal trio, it easily fits right in with the “Articuno Legion”. Pokemon in a Legendary Trio that clearly are the worst ones and additionally are also shit like Articuno.
In this Loyal trio, every Pokemon’s STABs do get walled by at least 1 mono typing, Ghost, Poison, and Steel respectfully. And also some funky type combos like Gholdengo, Landorus, Skeledirge, Ting-Lu, etc. Okidogi and Munkidori are fine with this since they have coverage options for all these Pokemon.
Fezan is unique as it shits the bed when any team has a Steel (or Tera Steel) and/or Poison (or Tera Poison) type. In its entire movepool, your options for beating Steel are Double Kick, Heatwave, and Tera Blast. That’s literally it. Coming off 91 Atk and 70 SpA, they hit like a pool noodle without investment or +2 boost from Sword Dance/Nasty Plot. If Steel wasn’t nerfed in Gen 6 these 2 moves would literally be the ONLY moves Fezan has to hit Steel types with at all. And that’s for just Steel. Literally Fezan’s ONLY option for hitting Poison super effectively is fucking Tera Blast.
Btw here is what Heatwave does to Scizor, and for bonus points lets also add Sun too.
0 SpA Fezandipiti Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 248-292 (72 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Weezing Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 332-392 (96.5 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Even with full investment and neutral nature, it’s NOT EVEN GUARANTEED to OHKO Scizor (Bug/Steel type) with a Fucking Fire move
And here is Double Kick, with Technician so you don’t get that 30% chance to badly poison each hit. Against Bisharp for good measure.
252 Atk Technician Fezandipiti Double Kick (2 hits) vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Bisharp: 216-256 (76.8 - 91.1%) -- approx. 2HKO
So yeah basically if your opponent has any Poison or Steel type, even ones neutral to Fairy like Lucario or Kingambit, you are free set up fodder for those Pokemon, which is the other issue Fezan’s movepool has.
This things has almost no utility. Not only does it not have offensive capability to threaten 2 whole types what so ever, it doesn’t even have the utility threats either.
No hazards to set up.
No Knock Off to remove their item.
No reliable way to paralyze or burn Pokemon immune to poison status.
No Haze to threat PP stall against set up sweepers
Not even Clear Smog, something fucking Munkidori gets
Fezandipiti‘s only saving grace is access to U-turn that can badly Poison you (which doesn’t matter since Poison is always a free switch-in and Steel is almost always a free switch-in), and Taunt (and confusion hax)
That’s literally it. That’s literally all it can do against Poison types and majority of Steel types. U-turn on them and possibly Taunt them.
I genuinely would not be surprised if Fezandipiti ends up in NU. This thing does fucking nothing but hit you with weak ass attack and sometimes Toxic you if you don’t have a toxic immune Pokemon.

I think Walking Wake actually gets a little worse after the DLC, not better.
:Empoleon: walls all Speed-boosting Wakes, and is a pretty decent scout for spatk-boosting sun sets - you pivot to something like Glowking or Clodsire on a balance/bo team. it's not a hard counter but it's a safe switchin.
:Ninetales-Alola: :Pelipper: Both Snow and Rain are now much better, interrupting Sun from being kept up for the entire game.
:Heatran: this is a weird one but with Clef, Alolatales, Fezant and Monke, i think Tran will gain usage which can severely limit Wake's options on Specs sets.
:Gholdengo: this mon likes most of the DLC changes and will enable the better webbers (esp. Ribombee) as well as even more spikestack (Alo+Ting-Lu+Gholdengo is now a thing), both of which Wake dislikes
244 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 252 HP / 180+ SpD Empoleon in Sun: 181-213 (48.6 - 57.2%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

244 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper in Rain: 189-222 (58.5 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

244 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 252 HP / 212+ SpD Heatran: 270-320 (69.9 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

244 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gholdengo in Sun: 362-428 (95.7 - 113.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Ok yeah you do flop against a tales but you've got a bigger threat looming

more like banxcalibur amirite

no but seriously this thing needs to go. it was broken before, now it's broken with 3 times as much defense and loaded dice scale shot. i realistically see no way that it stays and i think a qb within the next couple days is warranted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)