Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v2 [Update on Post #5186]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCTphantom

formerly MX42
Looked over the WCOP usage stats and, oh god torn usage is low. Torn-T still feels quite solid right now. But if this reflects the current usage stats, oh no UU is in for utter hell until it gets yanked back here.

What do people think of torn-t? Still seems quite good, but underexplored in this current meta, which may be why it hasn't been used in WCOP all that much.
Very good, up there with Volcanion as one of the most slept on mons in the meta rn. I have loved using it. I mainly have gone with AV and Nasty Plot sets personally. I think its best used as a pivot abusing its absurd speed tier.

Mimikyu Stardust

Loli Kami Requiem~☆
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Genuinely dont understand the quick claw discourse, yea its a Luck Item but its not that powerful, just anoyying. i doubt anything will be done to it, besides if it ever gets banned, people will just use Focus Band since in practice its basically the same item.

give it 3 months and QCQD will be forgotten again, its just a fun strat.

Genuinely dont understand the quick claw discourse, yea its a Luck Item but its not that powerful, just anoyying. i doubt anything will be done to it, besides if it ever gets banned, people will just use Focus Band since in practice its basically the same item.

give it 3 months and QCQD will be forgotten again, its just a fun strat.
Mostly it's about where you fall on the spectrum of "RNG is bullshit". Some people just think chance-based stuff on the whole needs to go, which is very silly. RNG and 30% procs are what half of all Pokemon mechanics are built on and a line inevitably has to be drawn somewhere, so you can't really go "okay this RNG stuff is bad but this specific stuff is acceptable". You have to be really, really careful about setting that kinda standard. It's why the list of banned RNG items is basically just King's Rock and Bright Powder for encouraging degenerate strategies.

Mostly it's about where you fall on the spectrum of "RNG is bullshit". Some people just think chance-based stuff on the whole needs to go, which is very silly. RNG and 30% procs are what half of all Pokemon mechanics are built on and a line inevitably has to be drawn somewhere, so you can't really go "okay this RNG stuff is bad but this specific stuff is acceptable". You have to be really, really careful about setting that kinda standard. It's why the list of banned RNG items is basically just King's Rock and Bright Powder for encouraging degenerate strategies.
I wouldn't mind a quick claw ban if static goes too, just to be consistent with the remove luck based elements. :psysly:

them show me all you teams moveset and evs with that bc VGC does that
Nah. Everything BUT stats are shown, which means your EVs and IVs are entirely in the dark going into a match.
It's what makes seemingly small optimizations with big implications like running enough Defense EVs on Chien Pao to survive a Rapid Strikes from non-Band R-Urshifu viable in tournaments.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lol just watched this replay on ladder

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1893406269

Greninja does a kingambit style comeback 1v6 endgame

Thoughts on ash greninja?
I posed this question sometime yesterday and I think that Battle Bond Greninja is very cool but it really takes a liking to opposing offensive based teams (like nothing with an unaware mon) to favor a sweep. I've seen people have more preference and success when it comes to the Life Orb variant but I don't mind Choice Specs under Rain. I'm guessing in the replay the user was running Expert Belt (still fire)?

I think it personally is underrated and we need to see it more.

I posed this question sometime yesterday and I think that Battle Bond Greninja is very cool but it really takes a liking to opposing offensive based teams (like nothing with an unaware mon) to favor a sweep. I've seen people have more preference and success when it comes to the Life Orb variant but I don't mind Choice Specs under Rain. I'm guessing in the replay the user was running Expert Belt (still fire)?

I think it personally is underrated and we need to see it more.
Agreed with this. I think Battle Bond Greninja is really dope, but as stated, it's really a hit or miss Pokémon depending on MU. Which is really unfortunate.

Here's a cool replay from World Cup: [IND] pj vs. TPP [USS]

Lets fucking go the cooler dog beat the ban allegationsView attachment 530039
I believe that not banning this is a long term mistake, I find Zama being a bit unexplored outside the body press sets. While Crowned body press sets were more consistent, those stats while being able to hold an item gives a lot of possibilities of Volc level of adaptations to limit its counterplay, hope I'm wrong and this don't become a big issue later but for now I can't complain since I didn't get reqs. Bad internet made me lose 3 games for disconection when I was 25-1 and then the tild killed that alt and my motivation to get them this time.

luckie

unluckiest player
I believe that not banning this is a long term mistake, I find Zama being a bit unexplored outside the body press sets. While Crowned body press sets were more consistent, those stats while being able to hold an item gives a lot of possibilities of Volc level of adaptations to limit its counterplay, hope I'm wrong and this don't become a big issue later but for now I can't complain since I didn't get reqs. Bad internet made me lose 3 games for disconection when I was 25-1 and then the tild killed that alt and my motivation to get them this time.
If it becomes problematic down the road, can't another suspect test be held?

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
If it becomes problematic down the road, can't another suspect test be held?
In theory, yes. However, knowing the history of suspect tests, unless there is an explicit confirmation there will be, there won't be. If something is banned, it just never isn't unbanned that gen, and if something isn't banned, its almost certain it won't be until after that gen is over.
Honestly I don't think that dog is banworthy, just annoyingly bulky as shit. Im surprised it was let into OU without a hitch sans the crown of England Galar given its stats.

In theory, yes. However, knowing the history of suspect tests, unless there is an explicit confirmation there will be, there won't be. If something is banned, it just never isn't unbanned that gen, and if something isn't banned, its almost certain it won't be until after that gen is over.
Honestly I don't think that dog is banworthy, just annoyingly bulky as shit. Im surprised it was let into OU without a hitch sans the crown of England Galar given its stats.
Tutors still can give it some crazy moves, but idk, that is theorymoning a lot in advance.

Zamazenta GOT its “move it needed” in Body Press and now it’s still OU lmao, I dunno if anything shy of Recover is gonna suddenly push it Ubers. But hey, who the hell knows, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)