Resource SV OU Great Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Thank you very much slainey for such a wonderful project, & also to SetsuSetsuna & other Moderators for providing me this opportunity! From this very moment, I & Foufakirby will be hosting the SV OU Good Cores.

The post-DLC slate is open now! We'll be eagerly waiting for your cores! The Hall of Fame will be updated soon!

:quagchamppogsire:

:ursaluna_bloodmoon: :alomomola: Balanced Core
Ursaluna-Bloodmoon @ Leftovers
Ability: Mind's Eye
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blood Moon
- Earth Power
- Vacuum Wave
- Calm Mind

Alomomola @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flip Turn
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect

Wish and Pivoting Support allow Ursaluna-Blood Moon to repeatedly enter the field safely and threaten high amounts of damage, as well as opening up an extra moveslot on Ursaluna-BM without sacrificing longevity. A pretty self-explanatory pairing I feel.

:ogerpon_wellspring: :cinderace: Balanced/Offensive Core
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech
- Taunt
- U-turn

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Court Change

These two together make for an excellent pivoting core, capitalizing on their rather deceptive good defensive profiles to switch into resisted attacks or straight up immunity in case of Ogerpon-Wellspring. Cinderace draws in Water- and Ground-types, which often struggle dealing with Ogerpon-Wellspring, while Ogerpon-Wellspring appreciates Cinderace spreading burns and removing hazards out of their side of the field.

Last edited:
Would appreciate the :alomomola: set on my :alomomola: + :ting-lu: core being updated to run wish, protect, scald, flip turn, thanks!

(Bulky) Offensive core: :walking wake: + :amoonguss:

Note that the given core is very customizable—:walking wake: in particular has a ton of options now that can tailored to your team’s needs, even if sticking to specs. I would suggest that :amoonguss:’s ability to support :walking wake: as well as it does is contingent on :walking wake: being specs since the checks it shores up really well are generally those that specs wake has to worry about (mainly, what happens when you thud into an immunity), while the mons that check something like lefties :walking wake: may not be so easily handled with :amoonguss:.

:walking wake: just got several notable buffs after already being one of the best breakers in the tier. Access to flip turn, scald, and knock off make it much harder to counter. For the purposes of this core I will be looking specifically at the use of knock off on hazard stacking teams in order to break down would-be checks such as :slowking-galar:, :blissey:, :clefable:, spdef :gastrodon:, and WA :clodsire:.

:walking wake:
Walking Wake @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water / Dragon / Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald / Hydro Steam
- Draco Meteor
- Knock Off
- Hydro Pump / Dragon Pulse / Flamethrower

The breaker of the core. Specs wake is very difficult to swap into, especially in sun (in which case hydro steam and dragon pulse/flamethrower should be used) although sun is not strictly necessary for it to function. The given set proto boosts spatk, but depending on your team’s sun matchup (or if running sun, your team’s needs), you may want to drop 8 EVs from spatk to boost speed.

Newfound access to scald and knock off further limits its switch-ins, with the latter being particularly useful on hazard stack teams. :slowking-galar:, :amoonguss:, :blissey:, WA :clodsire:, etc have a much harder time maintaining high health once their boots are gone. Even :clefable: has to be pretty wary of hydro pump, which has a 91.4% chance to 2HKO (58.5% acc adjusted) lefties max spdef :clefable: and a guaranteed 2HKO (64% chance acc adjusted) if lefties are gone. This said sometimes you’re just gonna click the wrong move and hit a fairy or water absorb. :ogerpon-wellspring: in particular is on a ton of teams at the moment in no small part due to water absorb—while it’s already a quad resist, blocking flip turn, not worrying about scald, and downright disincentivizing water moves as a whole by healing off them has proven incredibly useful. And it can’t be knocked off, so you have to click draco to threaten it, which could let in one of the many powerful fairies. That’s where :amoonguss: comes in:

:amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Red Card
Tera Type: Water / Fire
EVs: 240 HP / 200 Def / 68 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain / Grass Knot
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog / Stomping Tantrum

:amoonguss: spent quite a while in the SV OU limelight for being an excellent pivot for offense teams, thanks to its ability to neutralize a heavy hitter once or twice per game (even more if your opponent is overly passive) while threatening sleep as a manner by which it can itself break holes in the opposing team. While its usage has fallen off some as :gholdengo: and hazard stack in general have seen increased usage (the former being a counter to it and the latter making it harder for it to take knock off or run an item other than boots), it is still an incredibly useful mon for bulky offense teams and in particular for :walking wake:, being able to blank almost every immunity or bulky resist to :walking wake:. Stomping tantrum is anti-:gholdengo: tech as non-balloon offensive :gholdengo: switching into spore will take 62.2-73.6% from the following stomping tantrum, while physdef :gholdengo: will take 37-43.9%—nothing crazy, but enough to motivate a recover. Clear smog is necessary to consistently check :ogerpon-wellspring:, though. Giga drain is preferred over grass knot in this case because grass knot is only 60 BP against :ogerpon-wellspring: and :azumarill:, both of which can check :walking wake:, but the latter does more against :dondozo:, :ting-lu:, and :great tusk:.

Edit: As for the EV spread, the stated purpose of the smogon spread (252/172+/84) is to always avoid 2HKO from specs :dragapult: shadow ball barring crits/spdef drops. This can be done with just 68 spdef EVs though, and you can drop 12 HP EVs, and because your nature is +def you even get an extra stat point in defense when you jump from 172 to 176, to top it off. Thus the given spread provides the maximum physical bulk possible while avoiding 2HKO from specs :dragapult: shadow ball. If you want to max HP instead then 252/188+/68 is still perfectly reasonable.

I’m not going to include the hazard stack itself as there are simply so many ways to stack hazards in this meta, although :gholdengo: is certainly a useful extension of this core. As far as monsthat you may want further help beating, opposing :gholdengo:, :amoonguss:, :volcanion:, :cresselia:, psychic :slowking-galar: (as opposed to FS), and :hatterene: could all be problematic for you—mons like spdef :gholdengo:, AV :samurott-hisui:, amnesia :clodsire: especially with tera steel or dark, :heatran:, and :ting-lu: can act as potential answers to multiple of these threats at a time, although depending on your offensive structure trying to fit a defensive check to multiple of these threats at once may be unnecessary.

Happy laddering!

Edit: never set :amoonguss:’s tera type, fixed!

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/42a826a7304b1fed

This is an idea that I think holds a decent amount of water, and I'll sit you down and explain why I think this balance core can do some work.

You may notice that there are a lot of options for moves in the paste, these will all be explained to at least some extent, however the ones I put down below are only the ones that I personally think are the best for this pairing so don't worry about it.

Gliscor + Dragapult

Because the only way to make ghost stab even more broken is adding chip damage.

:xy/gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turnProtect
- Spikes
- Toxic

This gliscor set is designed to do as much chip damage as possible, between toxic and spikes chip this set can probably do about 250% total damage without ever throwing out a direct attack. Other options for this set include toxic spikes over toxic and knock off over either the other hazard or u-turn. If you decide to bring toxic spikes you should always bring knock off in my opinion - as heavy duty boots mons will be entirely unthreatened by this mon's passive damage otherwise. Gliscor is a simple mon - this overview is barely needed you already know exactly what it does, the only thing I really need to explain is why this mon is physically defensive rather than specially defensive and it's as simple as I don't have protect to deal with ursaluna-blood-moon and quite frankly it isn't an amazing check anyway so I didn't really need it anyway.
The recovery is too worth it use protect

:xy/dragapult:
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Hex
- U-turn

Specs dragapult can basically be called "ol' reliable" at this point, despite being not old by any definition of the word but it's consistently been a great mon in both last gen and this gen. Most notably dragapult now has the understated benefit of infiltrator which allows it to laugh at veil teams as it fires off stab moves into them. Hex is for - you know what it's for, toxic spikes on gliscor theoretically lets you click the funny move more, but spikes is just a better move overall, you do get some very funny calcs though that give you a reason to use toxic on the magic guard mon.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 225-265 (57.1 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
max spD btw, I even forgot to add tera onto it, it takes up to 90 if you do burn the resource

Modest is used here because the only somewhat relevant speed benchmarks you lose out on by taking the power is weavile, which still kinda sucks, and zamazenta, who can be checked by gliscor with relative ease or is running a set that lacks the power to immediately threaten the rest of your team.

In terms of other options, this one's a doozy - dragapult can choose to run it's standard specs set with flamethrower over hex, and perhaps even tera dragon if you'd rather have incredible power without spikes at a much greater cost, there's even the choice of the glassic gambit lure set where you run tera fighting tera blast just to lose to it anyway because it clicked tera fairy for some odd reason.

Your options for teammates on this team are rather wide, but the big thing is hazard removal, as your main damage dealer is vulnerable to spikes that are only there because your only options for hazard removal probably won't work even half the time, but no point in not even trying - with that said :corviknight: brings this, while also completing the trifecta of u-turn mons and being the second one on your team that is relatively slow, while also meaning that you're less reliant on gliscor's u-turn to pop gholdengo's air balloon. You also have the option of your own :gholdengo: although I'm not over the moon about the idea due to having half a team that's afraid of kingambit sounding like a good way to die it does a good job at keeping hazards up while being threatening against slower teams due to the incredible power of boosted make it rain. Speaking of wallbreakers and rain, :ogerpon-wellspring: does a good job of being another secondary wallbreaker with a setup move that allows it to threaten large swathes of the metagame that are slower than it - similarly to :mamoswine: another option that can set up another hazard in stealth rocks itself, though it is reliant on super effective hits due to a lack of boosting, but does actually resist ice, which this core is weak to. Maybe you want role compression, and for that :heatran: is your best bet, with spD heatran being capable of absorbing special attacks such as those attacks from gholdengo, while also threatening just about everything defensive - magma storm and taunt are incredible ways of wallbreaking, it was in contention for best mon in ss ou for a reason after all. The last mon I'll be mentioning is :zamazenta:, as being strong, bulky and a fighting type is appreciated by this core - especially so when it comes to dealing with gambit (until it clicks tera fairy).

Have a good time with this one, at least until Big Offence™ decides to send gliscor into ubers for it's crimes against ho.

Last edited:

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Ursaluna-Bloodmoon @ Leftovers
Ability: Mind's Eye
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blood Moon
- Earth Power
- Vacuum Wave
- Calm Mind

Alomomola @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Flip Turn
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect

Wish and Pivoting Support allow Ursaluna-Blood Moon to repeatedly enter the field safely and threaten high amounts of damage, as well as opening up an extra moveslot on Ursaluna-BM without sacrificing longevity. A pretty self-explanatory pairing I feel.

Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech
- Taunt
- U-turn

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Court Change

These two together make for an excellent pivoting core, capitalizing on their rather deceptive good defensive profiles to switch into resisted attacks or straight up immunity in case of Ogerpon-Wellspring. Cinderace draws in Water- and Ground-types, which often struggle dealing with Ogerpon-Wellspring, while Ogerpon-Wellspring appreciates Cinderace spreading burns and removing hazards out of their side of the field.
Thanks, kindly specify the type of core please! :tyke:

Hi ! Here's some core i have seen / been using in post dlc ou.

Core 1 : Offensive Core
:sv/ribombee::sv/gholdengo:
Well, this is a pretty classic core in Webs Offense. Ribombee is the Webs Setter. Gholdengo will really appreciate Webs on the opponent's side so it can outspeed the opposing threats. It also serve as the spinblocker so ur Webs will stay all the match long. Nothing to say much, pretty classic core on this one.

Core 2 : Weather Core
:sv/pelipper::sv/barraskewda::sv/manaphy:
This core pretty much replaced the Pelipper - Gren - Bascu-M on Rain Offense, even if it's quite similar. You have Pelipper as the rain setter, Barraskewda that replace Bascu-M as the Physical WallBreaker and Manaphy, a Pokemon that arrived with the DLC which will be the Special WallBreaker / Sweeper of the core.

Core 3 : Defensive Core
:sv/dondozo::sv/blissey:
Idk if this Core has been previously mentionned, it's pretty old but still not in the Great Cores. Dondozo and Blissey are the two staples of Stall this gen. Dondozo is the physical wall, it will check Kingambit, Ogerpon (with Tera), Roaring Moon, etc... Blissey is the special sponge of the Core. It will counter almost every Special Pokemon, like Iron Moth, Walking Wake, Manaphy, etc... Stall is kinda broken this gen, look at Blissey that went from NU to OU in one month !

Core 4 : Defensive Core
:sv/clefable::sv/gliscor::sv/gholdengo:
This is a pretty common Core on Hazard Stack team like Fat, Semi-Stall or Stall. Clefable is the Rocker, but also the Wisher that can pass wish to gliscor and gholdengo to let them stay healthy during the all game. It's also the garg switch'in, even if it dropped to uu. An other advantage of clefable it that it's a rocker that threaten Tusk, the main spinner of the tier. Gliscor is the Spiker and the Koff absorber, that's a very annoying mon to break through atm, as it can also Toxic opposing Spinner. Thanks to its typing and ability, Gholdengo would block the opposing rapid spin and defog, so the opposing team will be chipped a lot with entry hazard.

Core 5 : Offensive Core
:sv/sneasler::sv/kingambit:
A Physical spam core that i found really strong. Pads snealser is really useful to spread status on Kingambit check like Great Tusk, Dondozo and Moltres to make them weak to gambit in late game, and Kingambit will switch on the ghost-types that will try to counter sneasler. This core don't have a lot of counter. Gliscor is the main counter of this core, as it's immune to poison and is not weak to kingambit. Enam is a great addition to the core because it can break opposing physical walls and can pass a healing wish to kingambit for late-game.

Btw this core is outdated, Bax is banned.

Well that's pretty all i have to say, goodbye and have fun !

Given that Ursaluna Bloodmoon got banned, I would like to submit another core as a replacement:
:rillaboom::sneasler: Offensive Core
Rillaboom @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Fire / Grass
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance

Sneasler @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Flying / Ground
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Dire Claw / Gunk Shot
- Acrobatics / Tera Blast

Rillaboom is the best terrain setter to pair with Unburden Sneasler due to both sharing checks in Zapdos, Moltres and Colbur Berry Slowking-Galar. The former can cripple physically bulky pokémon such as the aforementioned Flying-Types and hit Gholdengo for SE damage with Knock Off, paving the path for Sneasler to clean up more easily.

kd458

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Rilla-Sneasler is a fantastic offensive core, can attest to using it myself on a lot of my builds even pre-DLC, would like to submit a great mon that I think can be easily tacked onto this:

Rilla-Sneasler-Zamazenta

:sv/Rillaboom: :sv/Sneasler: :sv/Zamazenta:

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Sneasler @ Grassy Seed
Tera Type: Dark / Ghost
Adamant Nature
- Dire Claw / Gunk Shot
- Close Combat
- Lash Out / Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Zamazenta @ Leftovers
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpD / 172 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam / Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Iron Defense

More traditional Max-Max/Sample EV spreads can be run, these are just my personal spreads (Rilla outspeeds min speed Zap and the rest in bulk, Zama has a significantly stronger press than the sample set and maximises lefties + terrain % healed at the expense of some special bulk).

These mons all break for one another and provide fantastic offensive synergy, I got reqs for the Gambit, Bloodmoon and Roaring Moon suspect with builds all using this core and used it in one of July's featured RMTs. All 3 apply heavy pressure to Flying types like Zapdos and Moltres that are tasked with switching in on Fighting attacks and Wood Hammer, and possibly the #1 hard stop to Sneasler and Zamazenta is Dondozo; Rillaboom is one of the very few physical attackers that can OHKO Dozo with its banded Hammer while Tera Grass Hammer even has a 75% chance to OHKO a max Phys.Def Gliscor from full.

Move Choices:
:Rillaboom:
Drain Punch can be used on Rillaboom to hit Kingambit, but this core has Zamazenta to deal with Gambit, while Sneasler OHKOs and resists Sucker Punch, so Knock Off to remove Heavy-Duty Boots from Flying types and deal huge damage to Gholdengo and Slowking-Galar is preferred. High Horsepower is a niche option to hit Heatran while also hitting Ghold and Gking, but Knock Off is usually better and forces progress against the opposing team.
:Sneasler:
Although Acrobatics is a strong option on Sneasler, I find that this core does not struggle with Great Tusk and a move to hit Slowking-Galar, Gholdengo and Dragapult, mons that can be a significant roadblock to Zamazenta in particular, is much more valuable. Lash Out is my preferred option, maintaining your resistance to Kingambit's Sucker Punch even post-Tera, while Shadow Claw hits the same targets and gives you an immunity to Dragonite's Extreme Speed at the expense of a weakness to Sucker. Sneasler also has the option to run Gunk Shot as a non-contact option that OHKOs Zapdos at +2, but I personally enjoy the consistency of and chance to get bailed by Dire Claw.
:Zamazenta:
Stone Edge is an option on Zama to act as a lure to either KO or significantly damage Zapdos and Moltres, paving the way for Rillaboom and Sneasler to be a problem for the enemy team. However, I personally prefer Tera Steel Heavy Slam for the OHKO on Valiant and Enamorus and the 2HKO on Clefable.

General Set Choices:
Choice Banded Rilla is a fantastic breaker able to muscle through the main Phys.Def Unaware mon in the tier in Dondozo, while also enabling Unburden on Sneasler and providing Zamazenta with extra passive recovery that it greatly appreciates. Knock Off is very effective too with Stealth Rock support, as Flying types that load well into this core do not appreciate having to take heavy hazard chip.
Grassy Seed SD Sneasler pairs excellently with Rillaboom, able to activate its Unburden on demand and deal heavy damage or eliminate key targets that are also tasked with checking Rilla like Zapdos and Moltres. Often, Sneasler will not even need to set up an SD before it accomplishes its task of breaking those targets, but it can also be preserved as an endgame cleaner into a team weakened by the other members of this core.
Leftovers with Iron Defence allows Zama to function as a potent wincon that can sweep through teams with weakened Ghost, Psychic and Flying types, which makes it a fantastic pairing with Dark/Ghost coverage Sneasler in particular. Terrain support lets this mon 1v1 almost any physical attacker in the tier, and Tera Steel resists Moonblast and grants a crucial immunity to Gliscor's Toxic, letting you set up Iron Defences on it and take almost nothing from EQ especially with terrain up.

Threats:
:Gliscor:
Gliscor hard walls Sneasler, takes very little from any of Zama's attacks and while Rilla can almost guaranteed OHKO it with Tera'd Hammer, unless you are playing against stall where Rilla has a fantastic matchup with Tera Grass you may often want to save Tera for one of your other mons on the team. Zamazenta can set up on Gliscor and beat it 1v1 with Tera, but this is again reliant on you having that to play around Toxic; Slam-less Zama with Substitute feels almost unusable in the current meta with Val and Clef. Good teammates that can deal with this mon include Hatterene, who can also make use of Terrain to run Grassy Seed or simply get more passive recovery, and your own Gliscor, who can use this mirror matchup as an opportunity to get up your own entry hazards.
:Zapdos:/:Moltres:
Both of these mons wall all 3, with Moltres in particular being a threat due to Flame Body. However, with offensive pressure you can often break through them and allow for another member of the core to sweep; I've often sacrificed Sneasler for a large amount of chip on Zapdos so that later it cannot take a Grassy Glide from Rillaboom, or I only have to risk one Static proc while attacking with my Zama. I have previously used Gliscor and Ting-Lu to answer the two and use them to get up hazards, but a more offensive build can even forego this for more mons which pressure and can remove these defensive Flying types.
:Amoonguss:/:Toxapex:
Amoonguss can tank most of this core's attacks, and a mon that can take advantage of it like Heatran is often a good pick with Grassy Terrain. If you do let it Spore one of your other mons though, Sneasler and Tera Steel Zama can use it as setup fodder, with the latter notably blocking Clear Smog and taking very little from Foul Play. Pex is a similar story, able to force out Sneasler and Haze both it and Zamazenta, but Wood Hammer deals massive damage and Sneasler will often drain enough Recovers with its ability to hax with Dire Claw to leave Pex unable to handle the rest of the team.
:Dondozo:
While Dondozo drops to Wood Hammer, if they Tera into a Grass resist they wall all 3 mons, and even without Tera it's not a good feeling to have it force out your Sneasler and burn your Unburden. Mons that can force progress with Knock Off like Great Tusk, Samurott-H and Roaring Moon are good picks for teams with hazards that are able to pressure it with that, while strong special attackers like Iron Valiant and Dragapult that can force it out are also valuable teammates.
:Iron_Moth:
Speed Booster Moth is one of very few offensive mons that this core cannot out-offence, as Sneasler, even when outspeeding it, cannot KO it and in return is OHKOd by Psychic variants or takes massive damage from Fiery Dance, while Rillaboom cannot touch it with Grassy Glide. Zamazenta lives any hit from full, but needs +6 to kill it with Body Press, although +4 is enough after rocks. Heatran, Sp.Def Gliscor and Ting-Lu are again good picks defensively into Moth, while other noteworthy options include Empoleon and Garganacl.
Opposing ID Zama can take advantage of your own Grassy Terrain to set up, on paper able to 1v1 all three members of this build after a single ID. Knock Off from Rillaboom can severely limit this, and they are unable to switch in hard on Hammer, while Sneasler can often fish for hax as they need several IDs to KO with press and I run 172 Spe Zama specifically to outrun and 1v1 the sample Zamazenta spread. Mons that can handle Zama even if it sets up like Cresselia, Gholdengo and Dragapult are useful picks to help with this matchup, and Gliscor can assist here too if they aren't Tera Steel or Poison.

Notes:
Other good teammates that I've found useful for this core are Cinderace, Great Tusk and Kingambit, with all three appreciating the chip healing of terrain while providing utility in hazard removal in the case of the first two, and alternative sweepers in the latter two. This build also invites a lot of Fairy and Flying type attacks, and so a solid Steel type or alternative resist is appreciated so as not to be too reliant on Tera Steel Zama. Many mons that lack reliable recovery like Manaphy, Volcanion and Heatran enjoy making a home on Terrain teams, and for a HO build with this core alternative support in Aurora Veil from Ninetales-A or even Sticky Web from Ribombee can be considered. Lastly, powerful breakers with poor longevity can be considered as more niche picks; Guts Ursaluna appreciates being able to maintain and actually leverage its bulk, and even Life Orb attackers like Greninja are able to get more turns from the gradual healing of terrain.

Rilla-Sneasler is definitely the more common element of this core, with those two in particular being the overall highest-usage combo of two mons in SCL as of Week 4. However, despite its much lower usage in tandem with these two, I think that Zamazenta is at least worth consideration as a third pick to support and complement the pair, and the underutilisation of this is more due to a reluctance to build around mons with shared weaknesses when those can instead be turned into shared checks.

FFK

formerly Foufakirby
is a Tiering Contributor
Rilla-Sneasler is a fantastic offensive core, can attest to using it myself on a lot of my builds even pre-DLC, would like to submit a great mon that I think can be easily tacked onto this:

Rilla-Sneasler-Zamazenta

:sv/Rillaboom: :sv/Sneasler: :sv/Zamazenta:

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Sneasler @ Grassy Seed
Tera Type: Dark / Ghost
Adamant Nature
- Dire Claw / Gunk Shot
- Close Combat
- Lash Out / Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Zamazenta @ Leftovers
Ability: Dauntless Shield
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpD / 172 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam / Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Iron Defense

More traditional Max-Max/Sample EV spreads can be run, these are just my personal spreads (Rilla outspeeds min speed Zap and the rest in bulk, Zama has a significantly stronger press than the sample set and maximises lefties + terrain % healed at the expense of some special bulk).

These mons all break for one another and provide fantastic offensive synergy, I got reqs for the Gambit, Bloodmoon and Roaring Moon suspect with builds all using this core and used it in one of July's featured RMTs. All 3 apply heavy pressure to Flying types like Zapdos and Moltres that are tasked with switching in on Fighting attacks and Wood Hammer, and possibly the #1 hard stop to Sneasler and Zamazenta is Dondozo; Rillaboom is one of the very few physical attackers that can OHKO Dozo with its banded Hammer while Tera Grass Hammer even has a 75% chance to OHKO a max Phys.Def Gliscor from full.

Move Choices:
Drain Punch can be used on Rillaboom to hit Kingambit, but this core has Zamazenta to deal with Gambit, while Sneasler OHKOs and resists Sucker Punch, so Knock Off to remove Heavy-Duty Boots from Flying types and deal huge damage to Gholdengo and Slowking-Galar is preferred. High Horsepower is a niche option to hit Heatran while also hitting Ghold and Gking, but Knock Off is usually better and forces progress against the opposing team.
Although Acrobatics is a strong option on Sneasler, I find that this core does not struggle with Great Tusk and a move to hit Slowking-Galar, Gholdengo and Dragapult, mons that can be a significant roadblock to Zamazenta in particular, is much more valuable. Lash Out is my preferred option, maintaining your resistance to Kingambit's Sucker Punch even post-Tera, while Shadow Claw hits the same targets and gives you an immunity to Dragonite's Extreme Speed at the expense of a weakness to Sucker. Sneasler also has the option to run Gunk Shot as a non-contact option that OHKOs Zapdos at +2, but I personally enjoy the consistency of and chance to get bailed by Dire Claw.
Stone Edge is an option on Zama to act as a lure to either KO or significantly damage Zapdos and Moltres, paving the way for Rillaboom and Sneasler to be a problem for the enemy team. However, I personally prefer Tera Steel Heavy Slam for the OHKO on Valiant and Enamorus and the 2HKO on Clefable.

General Set Choices:
Choice Banded Rilla is a fantastic breaker able to muscle through the main Phys.Def Unaware mon in the tier in Dondozo, while also enabling Unburden on Sneasler and providing Zamazenta with extra passive recovery that it greatly appreciates. Knock Off is very effective too with Stealth Rock support, as Flying types that load well into this core do not appreciate having to take heavy hazard chip.
Grassy Seed SD Sneasler pairs excellently with Rillaboom, able to activate its Unburden on demand and deal heavy damage or eliminate key targets that are also tasked with checking Rilla like Zapdos and Moltres. Often, Sneasler will not even need to set up an SD before it accomplishes its task of breaking those targets, but it can also be preserved as an endgame cleaner into a team weakened by the other members of this core.
Leftovers with Iron Defence allows Zama to function as a potent wincon that can sweep through teams with weakened Ghost, Psychic and Flying types, which makes it a fantastic pairing with Dark/Ghost coverage Sneasler in particular. Terrain support lets this mon 1v1 almost any physical attacker in the tier, and Tera Steel resists Moonblast and grants a crucial immunity to Gliscor's Toxic, letting you set up Iron Defences on it and take almost nothing from EQ especially with terrain up.

Threats:
:Gliscor:
Gliscor hard walls Sneasler, takes very little from any of Zama's attacks and while Rilla can almost guaranteed OHKO it with Tera'd Hammer, unless you are playing against stall where Rilla has a fantastic matchup with Tera Grass you may often want to save Tera for one of your other mons on the team. Zamazenta can set up on Gliscor and beat it 1v1 with Tera, but this is again reliant on you having that to play around Toxic; Slam-less Zama with Substitute feels almost unusable in the current meta with Val and Clef. Good teammates that can deal with this mon include Hatterene, who can also make use of Terrain to run Grassy Seed or simply get more passive recovery, and your own Gliscor, who can use this mirror matchup as an opportunity to get up your own entry hazards.
:Zapdos:/:Moltres:
Both of these mons wall all 3, with Moltres in particular being a threat due to Flame Body. However, with offensive pressure you can often break through them and allow for another member of the core to sweep; I've often sacrificed Sneasler for a large amount of chip on Zapdos so that later it cannot take a Grassy Glide from Rillaboom, or I only have to risk one Static proc while attacking with my Zama. I have previously used Gliscor and Ting-Lu to answer the two and use them to get up hazards, but a more offensive build can even forego this for more mons which pressure and can remove these defensive Flying types.
:Amoonguss:/:Toxapex:
Amoonguss can tank most of this core's attacks, and a mon that can take advantage of it like Heatran is often a good pick with Grassy Terrain. If you do let it Spore one of your other mons though, Sneasler and Tera Steel Zama can use it as setup fodder, with the latter notably blocking Clear Smog and taking very little from Foul Play. Pex is a similar story, able to force out Sneasler and Haze both it and Zamazenta, but Wood Hammer deals massive damage and Sneasler will often drain enough Recovers with its ability to hax with Dire Claw to leave Pex unable to handle the rest of the team.
:Dondozo:
While Dondozo drops to Wood Hammer, if they Tera into a Grass resist they wall all 3 mons, and even without Tera it's not a good feeling to have it force out your Sneasler and burn your Unburden. Mons that can force progress with Knock Off like Great Tusk, Samurott-H and Roaring Moon are good picks for teams with hazards that are able to pressure it with that, while strong special attackers like Iron Valiant and Dragapult that can force it out are also valuable teammates.
:Iron_Moth:
Speed Booster Moth is one of very few offensive mons that this core cannot out-offence, as Sneasler, even when outspeeding it, cannot KO it and in return is OHKOd by Psychic variants or takes massive damage from Fiery Dance, while Rillaboom cannot touch it with Grassy Glide. Zamazenta lives any hit from full, but needs +6 to kill it with Body Press, although +4 is enough after rocks. Heatran, Sp.Def Gliscor and Ting-Lu are again good picks defensively into Moth, while other noteworthy options include Empoleon and Garganacl.
Opposing ID Zama can take advantage of your own Grassy Terrain to set up, on paper able to 1v1 all three members of this build after a single ID. Knock Off from Rillaboom can severely limit this, and they are unable to switch in hard on Hammer, while Sneasler can often fish for hax as they need several IDs to KO with press and I run 172 Spe Zama specifically to outrun and 1v1 the sample Zamazenta spread. Mons that can handle Zama even if it sets up like Cresselia, Gholdengo and Dragapult are useful picks to help with this matchup, and Gliscor can assist here too if they aren't Tera Steel or Poison.

Notes:
Other good teammates that I've found useful for this core are Cinderace, Great Tusk and Kingambit, with all three appreciating the chip healing of terrain while providing utility in hazard removal in the case of the first two, and alternative sweepers in the latter two. This build also invites a lot of Fairy and Flying type attacks, and so a solid Steel type or alternative resist is appreciated so as not to be too reliant on Tera Steel Zama. Many mons that lack reliable recovery like Manaphy, Volcanion and Heatran enjoy making a home on Terrain teams, and for a HO build with this core alternative support in Aurora Veil from Ninetales-A or even Sticky Web from Ribombee can be considered. Lastly, powerful breakers with poor longevity can be considered as more niche picks; Guts Ursaluna appreciates being able to maintain and actually leverage its bulk, and even Life Orb attackers like Greninja are able to get more turns from the gradual healing of terrain.

Rilla-Sneasler is definitely the more common element of this core, with those two in particular being the overall highest-usage combo of two mons in SCL as of Week 4. However, despite its much lower usage in tandem with these two, I think that Zamazenta is at least worth consideration as a third pick to support and complement the pair, and the underutilisation of this is more due to a reluctance to build around mons with shared weaknesses when those can instead be turned into shared checks.
I was doing a similar post lol, great core ! I don't think Zamazenta :zamazenta: is that useful but thank you for your core !

kd458

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I was doing a similar post lol, great core ! I don't think Zamazenta :zamazenta: is that useful but thank you for your core !
Thanks, and yeah that’s totally fair! Just noticed that it’s been something I’ve included on almost all of my post-DLC offence builds, has been one of the best performing cores for me though that might just speak to how good Zamazenta is as a sweeper when paired with mons that can weaken its checks.

FFK

formerly Foufakirby
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey, thank you for the cores but I Feel like basculegion is just better in the rain core because of it's immunity to extreme speed

FFK

formerly Foufakirby
is a Tiering Contributor
The original post of the thread has been updated with all the chosen cores. Congratulations to those whose core's have been added to the archive !

If your core had not been chosen for the archive, please try again with revisions ! There were quite a few good cores we eyed that had just barely met the mark, and whether it be due to slightly un-optimal sets or missing explanations on EV's revisions can still be made to further strengthen your submitted core. If you want to revise your core but are confused on why it was rejected from the archive, please DM me on Smogon or Pokemon Showdown (PS alias: FFK Foufakirby), I'd be happy to give you advice on your submitted cores to turn them from good to great !

Last edited:
Balanced Core

:gholdengo:+:gliscor:
this, is heat. gliscor's access to spikes, to eq, its passive heal, Ground immunity and its koff-absorbing status gives ghold a very valuable ally. ghold also can switch in Ice moves, can recover All by itself, take avantage of gliscor's hazards While preventing from removing em, and the offensive options of this pokemon lets It hit hard Even not invested (we speak of 133spaatk mon w/ access to nasty plot and a steel-and-better draco meteor). While you may think hamurott is Too much water pressure on this core, no no no, ghold can run Tera water, fairy, flying, and gliscor can Also run water, fairy, etc. Now let me create the sets and prepare the emotional damage calculator.

The sets:
Gholdengo @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Make It Rain
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic

The calcs:
See there is that fun option of select All moves' calcs at the same time So here we go
Gliscor's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Earthquake 38.6 - 45.7%
Toxic 0 - 0%
Protect 0 - 0%
Spikes 0 - 0%
Samurott-Hisui's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Ceaseless Edge 24.7 - 29.2%
Razor Shell 14.2 - 16.7%
Knock Off 24.7 - 29.2%
Aqua Jet 5.1 - 5.9%​
0 Atk Tera Water Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Samurott-Hisui: 124-147 (38.6 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 3 layers of Spikes

252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Ceaseless Edge vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Tera Water Gliscor: 87-103 (24.7 - 29.2%) -- possible 6HKO after Poison Heal

As for the most important ones as Tera water is the way to go to beat hamurott.

Earthquake 38.7 - 46%
Toxic 0 - 0%
Protect 0 - 0%
Spikes 0 - 0%
Iron Valiant's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Moonblast 52.2 - 61.6%
Close Combat 14.4 - 17%
Thunderbolt 0 - 0%
Psyshock 14.4 - 17.3%​
252 SpA Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Gliscor: 184-217 (52.2 - 61.6%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal So count on gholdengo to deal With It.

obviously, as this is a balanced core, gliscor also takes the win against ghold counters.

Earthquake 47.6 - 56.9%
Toxic 0 - 0%
Protect 0 - 0%
Spikes 0 - 0%
Kingambit's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Iron Head 26.4 - 30.9%
Kowtow Cleave 27.5 - 32.6%
Sucker Punch 23 - 27.2%
Swords Dance 0 - 0%​

+2 252+ Atk Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 195-229 (55.3 - 65%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal be careful, gliscor is not orthworm, but protect helps in that matchup we miss you, roost.

Earthquake 102.5 - 121.2%
Toxic 0 - 0%
Protect 0 - 0%
Spikes 0 - 0%
Heatran's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Magma Storm 48 - 56.5%
Earth Power 0 - 0%
Stealth Rock 0 - 0%
Taunt 0 - 0%​
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 396-468 (102.5 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO yeah it's funny How specially defensive heatran lacks physdef.
Gholdengo's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Shadow Ball 25.5 - 30.1%
Nasty Plot 0 - 0%
Recover 0 - 0%
Make It Rain 82.7 - 97.6%
Zamazenta's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Body Press 0 - 0%
Crunch 27.5 - 32.8%
Substitute 0 - 0%
Iron Defense 0 - 0%​
0 Atk Zamazenta Crunch vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Gholdengo: 104-124 (27.5 - 32.8%) -- 74.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Guess Who wins.

0 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain over 3 turns vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Gliscor: 448-530 (127.2 - 150.5%) -- guaranteed KO in 3 turns after Poison Heal While gliscor is So dumb, the more consistent recovery i. recover of gholdengo lets It win the duel.

Core has threats. that's mainly Why we have 6 members in our teams Uh? this core is very good to me, Even more now that roaring moon's gone. Mainly, we have water Type. I promise a grass and a water type would be a good addition to a team If based on this core. As main threats we have:
:greninja:
:samurott-hisui:
:ogerpon-wellspring:
:volcanion:(ohko both With a good offensive set)
And prob more that I can't think of now. These threats need Tera or support from team members to be stopped, but like nO core is flwless. Even pex+corv+tinglu is flawed: boltbeam.

Last edited:

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Balanced Core

:gholdengo:+:gliscor:
this, is heat. gliscor's access to spikes, to eq, its passive heal, Ground immunity and its koff-absorbing status gives ghold a very valuable ally. ghold also can switch in Ice moves, can recover All by itself, take avantage of gliscor's hazards While preventing from removing em, and the offensive options of this pokemon lets It hit hard Even not invested (we speak of 133spaatk mon w/ access to nasty plot and a steel-and-better draco meteor). While you may think hamurott is Too much water pressure on this core, no no no, ghold can run Tera water, fairy, flying, and gliscor can Also run water, fairy, etc. Now let me create the sets and prepare the emotional damage calculator.

The sets:
The teambuilder won't load for Now, be patient please.

The calcs:
See there is that fun option of select All moves' calcs at the same time So here we go

Earthquake 38.6 - 45.7%
Toxic 0 - 0%
Protect 0 - 0%
Spikes 0 - 0%
Samurott-Hisui's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Ceaseless Edge 24.7 - 29.2%
Razor Shell 14.2 - 16.7%
Knock Off 24.7 - 29.2%
Aqua Jet 5.1 - 5.9%​
0 Atk Tera Water Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Samurott-Hisui: 124-147 (38.6 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 3 layers of Spikes

252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Ceaseless Edge vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Tera Water Gliscor: 87-103 (24.7 - 29.2%) -- possible 6HKO after Poison Heal

As for the most important ones as Tera water is the way to go to beat hamurott.

Earthquake 38.7 - 46%
Toxic 0 - 0%
Protect 0 - 0%
Spikes 0 - 0%
Iron Valiant's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Moonblast 52.2 - 61.6%
Close Combat 14.4 - 17%
Thunderbolt 0 - 0%
Psyshock 14.4 - 17.3%​
252 SpA Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Gliscor: 184-217 (52.2 - 61.6%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal So count on gholdengo to deal With It.

obviously, as this is a balanced core, gliscor also takes the win against ghold counters.

Earthquake 47.6 - 56.9%
Toxic 0 - 0%
Protect 0 - 0%
Spikes 0 - 0%
Kingambit's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Iron Head 26.4 - 30.9%
Kowtow Cleave 27.5 - 32.6%
Sucker Punch 23 - 27.2%
Swords Dance 0 - 0%​

+2 252+ Atk Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 195-229 (55.3 - 65%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal be careful, gliscor is not orthworm, but protect helps in that matchup we miss you, roost.

Earthquake 102.5 - 121.2%
Toxic 0 - 0%
Protect 0 - 0%
Spikes 0 - 0%
Heatran's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Magma Storm 48 - 56.5%
Earth Power 0 - 0%
Stealth Rock 0 - 0%
Taunt 0 - 0%​
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 396-468 (102.5 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO yeah it's funny How specially defensive heatran lacks phydef.
Now, gholdengo calcs.

Gholdengo's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Shadow Ball 25.5 - 30.1%
Nasty Plot 0 - 0%
Recover 0 - 0%
Make It Rain 82.7 - 97.6%
Zamazenta's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Body Press 0 - 0%
Crunch 27.5 - 32.8%
Substitute 0 - 0%
Iron Defense 0 - 0%​
0 Atk Zamazenta Crunch vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Gholdengo: 104-124 (27.5 - 32.8%) -- 74.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Guess Who wins.

0 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain over 3 turns vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Gliscor: 448-530 (127.2 - 150.5%) -- guaranteed KO in 3 turns after Poison Heal While gliscor is So dumb, the more consistent recovery i. recover of gholdengo lets It win the duel.

Core has threats. that's mainly Why we have 6 members in our teams Uh? this core is very good to me, Even more now that roaring moon's gone. Mainly, we have water Type. I promise a grass and a water type would be a good addition to a team If based on this core. As main threats we have:
:greninja:
:samurott-hisui:
:ogerpon-wellspring:
:volcanion:(ohko both With a good offensive set)
And prob more that I can't think of now. These threats need Tera or support from team members to be stopped, but like nO core is flwless. Even pex+corv+tinglu is flawed: boltbeam.
Nice core, but the thread seems a lil messed up!! If you don't mind, could you please use Spoilers for the calcs??

Thanks!

I’m surprised I haven’t seen many Alolan Ninetales cores on this forum. So I figured I’d share a duo that’s both cute and deadly.

:SV/Ninetales-Alola: + :SV/Manaphy:

Manaphy has been a hot topic this meta with its access to an incredibly nasty double dance and stored power combo. Having toys in Acid Armor, Scald, and its new move in Take Heart allow Manaphy to set up freely without the fear of status. Pairing it up with Aurora Veil from Alolan Ninetales and Manaphy becomes a disgusting monster despite looking so adorable.

Sneasile (Offensive Core)
1698627070998.png
1698627101519.jpeg

https://pokepast.es/f903eeb4e11a3a16

I feel like there is no surprise that Weavile is slowly climbing up the ranks in this metagame with him gaining Knock Off, and maybe even gaining triple axel in the Indigo Disk! So pairing him with his Hisuian Counterpart is not only fitting, but it also threatens most of the top pokemon in the metagame. Weavile counters and threatens to KO Sneasler’s biggest threats like Gholdengo and Gliscor, while Sneasler can spread status for Weavile to sweep late in the game. Weavile also absorbs psychic type moves with its dark typing, which Sneasler has a quad weakness, and Weavile has a quad weakness to fighting, which Sneasile resists.

Threats
Zamazenta-Hero Is a very big threat to this team, as it can demolish Weavile and Both Weavile and Sneasler can’t really do much to stop it.

Some sets of Booster Valiant can also be a threat if it has the right coverage moves.

Cinderace and Iron Moth are also big threats because of the same reason as Zamazenta. For all three, just spam dire claw and fake out and hope for the best.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Gonna post a real common core that works separated and together, allowing for combinations

Offensive core

:sv/ogerpon-wellspring: + :sv/rillaboom: + :sv/Iron Moth:

Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Grass / Ghost
EVs: 124 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- Encore

Rillaboom (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn

Rilla provides wallbreaking power + Priority + U-turn to bring moth and oger + to weaken the opposing team, the most luxurious benefit comes from grassy terrain, which benefits oger in making her stab grass move, and benefits moth in laughing at his ground weakness with tera, you can also use it to boost energy ball damage and also get some healing to spam subs. Grassy stab will force either a sack into donzo tera or straight up donzo tera, from which you can capitalize later depending on the tera

Oger brings anti kingambit tech in Encore, which can save Iron Moth's live by stunning one of its better checks, oger also shits on heatran and ceruledge, mons that can answer to both rilla and moth thanks to its typing and Magma Storm + Earth Power on the former and Flash Fire / Weak armor + sd + bitter blade on the latter, not to mention that with encore + water absorb, she can safely check manaphy, which would otherwise have no problem in dispatching moth and rilla with tera and coverage

Moth brings speed control with booster energy, benefiting from grassy terrain by rilla and or having gambit on speed dial with encore or its own sub, which can also easy prediction and allows you to farms boost, moth can also help in pack watch common physical walls such as corviknight, tusk and zapdos, dispatching gholdengo safely is also pretty cool

Gonna post a real common core that works separated and together, allowing for combinations

Offensive core

:sv/ogerpon-wellspring: + :sv/rillaboom: + :sv/Iron Moth:

Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Grass / Ghost
EVs: 124 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- Encore

Rillaboom (F) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn

Rilla provides wallbreaking power + Priority + U-turn to bring moth and oger + to weaken the opposing team, the most luxurious benefit comes from grassy terrain, which benefits oger in making her stab grass move, and benefits moth in laughing at his ground weakness with tera, you can also use it to boost energy ball damage and also get some healing to spam subs. Grassy stab will force either a sack into donzo tera or straight up donzo tera, from which you can capitalize later depending on the tera

Oger brings anti kingambit tech in Encore, which can save Iron Moth's live by stunning one of its better checks, oger also shits on heatran and ceruledge, mons that can answer to both rilla and moth thanks to its typing and Magma Storm + Earth Power on the former and Flash Fire / Weak armor + sd + bitter blade on the latter, not to mention that with encore + water absorb, she can safely check manaphy, which would otherwise have no problem in dispatching moth and rilla with tera and coverage

Moth brings speed control with booster energy, benefiting from grassy terrain by rilla and or having gambit on speed dial with encore or its own sub, which can also easy prediction and allows you to farms boost, moth can also help in pack watch common physical walls such as corviknight, tusk and zapdos, dispatching gholdengo safely is also pretty cool
Going to mess with you a bit, Imma post a core that counters this one >:)
nah jk this core works really well, building a new team w it nstuff.

Defensive Core, Pivot Spam:

:sv/zapdos::sv/toxapex::sv/Amoonguss:
Zapdos + Toxapex + Amoonguss
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Thunder Wave / Discharge / U-turn
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch
Toxapex @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Toxic
- Surf
- Recover
Amoonguss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Dark / Flying
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Spore

:zapdos:: Zapdos is a great "check everything" mon. Its Static ability discourages U-turn spam, as well as spamming physical moves. On this core is full Def, with enough speed for the "Slow" speed tier (Defensive Ghold, Tusk etc..) Also helps with being a slow pivot. This is a pretty standard moveset, just Discharge over Twave if you want damage, and U-turn over Volt-Switch for Ting-Lu and getting good chip vs Blissey. Tera Fairy is for a Dragon Immunity, and a Dark resist. It checks pretty much every Physical attacker in the tier, with exceptions being Ogerpon of all forms. Just a general tip, you want to use Amoonguss as a Knock Asorber instead of this, as Amooguss is less vulnerable to hazard chip and matches up well vs the Knockers of the tier. This is also your check to Sneasler if it has Acro. You can also make this SpD, for a better Hatterene and Heatran matchup.

:toxapex:: Toxapex is here to give support to great burst damage. Think of things like Specs Draco Metor from Dragapult. Its general bulk allows it to take most neutral hits (on top of resists). It stops setup with Haze so it beats things like IronPress Zamazenta and with correct play, Manaphy. Not much to explain this is just the standard SpD Pex set. Just as much bulk as possible, but 24 Def to survive an offensive Great Tusk's Earthquake. Surf over Baneful Bunker or Psn Jab for Sneasler. This mon also checks all variants of Sneasler, but make sure you don't let it get out of hand. With Tera Steel, it beats Hatterene and other Stored Power users like Polteageist.

:amoonguss:: Amoonguss is the "Glue" for our core, as it counters Ogerpon-Wellspring and Rillaboom which this core is very weak too. 4x resistance to grass prevent Rillaboom from brute forcing through Zapdos (Tera + Terrain + Band Wood Hammer is a 2HKO on Zapdos). Max Def to eat as much as possible, and Foul Play over Clear Smog to deal big damage to Ogerpon and other strong attackers. This checks Sneasler too, but you need to watch out for Acrobatics on it. You can bait the Acro with Amoonguss then go to Zapdos to fish for the Para. It also checks Val with no Psyshock and will force it to tera. Tera Dark for a stronger Foul Play, but to also resist Dark from Kingambit. Flying can also be used to avoid Spikes, which abuses Regenerator to the fullest. You want to use this as your main Knock-Off asorber.

This core is weak to: Heatran, Iron Moth w Psychic, and late game Kingambit. We can mod this core to suit each matchup better. For a better Heatran and Iron Moth matchup, make Zapdos SpD and swap Thunder Wave for Discharge. For a better Kingambit matchup, add a Great Tusk/Any natural Dark resist to this core. Tusk also adds hazard removal.

Um yeah, thats all. Feel free to ask questions if needed.​

:ss/rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn

:ss/sneasler:
Sneasler @ Grassy Seed
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot / Dire Claw
- Acrobatics / Shadow Claw / Lash Out

This offensive core provides extreme amounts of pressure from the word go and has been dominating the ladder as of recently, especially now that Gliscor is banned. Rillaboom can wallbreak effectively, can serve as an effective revenge killer with its obscenely powerful priority, and greatly enables Unburden Sneasler which is in and of itself a terrifying threat that can utilize an array of Tera types effectively thanks to Grassy Surge and U-Turn to pivot Sneasler in safely. Sneasler, of course, is one of the tier's premiere lategame cleaners and with Gliscor's ban it has a much easier time slotting in the coverage it needs to deal with Gholdengo in the form of Lash Out or Shadow Claw.

EDIT: fuck lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)