Other Metagames SV Doubles UU Balanced Offense

This team was kinda cobbled together with just some ideas that were in my head and I wanted to see if there were any holes that you all could help me identify! The main idea is that Skeledirge can snowball really quickly with torch song, Tauros-P can threaten a good chunk of the metagame on the physical side, and the other mons are there to handle specific things. I developed this team to counter Trick-Room which is really popular and to deal with some of the major threats like Espathra, Azumarill, Mimikyuu, Skeledirge, etc.

1676584832086.png

Brute Bonnet is here for bulk and to complete a Fire-Water-Grass core with Skeledirge and Tauros-P. It can take some hits decently well on either side with bulk investment, tera Fairy is to counter any bug moves, and it carries spore for disruption. It's job is to take 1 or 2 hits, put something to sleep, and threaten Azumarill and Espathra since I knda got bodied by them in the past.
Brute Bonnet @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 78 Def / 78 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Spore

1676585121793.png

Scizor is a part of my anti Trick Room mode since Mimikyu and Oranguru are both threatened to take a ton of damage from Bullet Punch and U-Turn respectively. Tech boosted Bullet Punch 1 shots any Mimikyu that isn't max HP after disguise busting and U-turn does over 75% to any common Oranguru set. Tailwind is for secondary speed control in case there's a late game scenario I need to outspeed a threat and Talonflame is dead.
Scizor @ Occa Berry
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Tailwind

1676585165852.png

Mimikyu is the other half of my anti Trick Room mode w/ Shadow Sneak breaking other Mimikyu disguise, and Play Rough bringing Oranguru into Scizor U-Turn range guaranteed. I also have Trick Room on mine to reverse Trick Room if need be and to turn the tables late game if I need to stop a mon that's already set up. Will-O-Wisp is there to handle the abundance of physical attackers in the tier.
Mimikyu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Disguise
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Serious Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room

1676585213058.png

Talonflame is there for speed support, to occasionally pick up a quick KO, and spread burn if need be. Fairly self-explainatory
Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Gale Wings
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Tailwind
1676585299862.png

Tauros-P is here to clear screens and threaten physical attacks on the tier. Raging bull removing screens is surprisingly useful, especially Light Screen for Skeledirge. It also carries Wave Crash in case extra power is needed.
Tauros-Paldea-Aqua @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Raging Bull
- Close Combat
- Drill Run
- Wave Crash
1676585327524.png

Skeledirge is the main powerhouse of the team. I run even bulk investment because Throat Spray + Torch Song tends to make it plenty strong in my experiences. I have found that being able to take hits fairly well on both sides lets Skeledirge avoid being completely wiped by certain mons and lets it wait on the team to cripple the threat for it. Will-O-Wisp + Hex is also insanely strong at +2 which is nice.
Skeledirge @ Throat Spray
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 78 Def / 100 SpA / 78 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)