Other Metagames [SV BH] AFTERLIFE - Mega Garchomp Semistall (peaked 1572 Elo)

:sv/blissey: :sv/chansey: :sv/arceus-poison: :sv/audino-mega: :sv/ferrothorn: :sv/garchomp-mega:
(click on the sprites for the team!)

AFTERLIFE
1. Introduction
I've always wanted to do an RMT for a while, and this seemed like one of my better teams to do it on. This started as a sudden complusion to build a stall after Mega-Mewtwo-X and Kartana ban, then after some testing I've found out that I didn't really like stall but what I did like was the core - so boom, we have this.
This is also my first ever RMT, please give me some advice to improve on further RMTs I might do!
:blissey:
I started with MG Blissey, a potential Sapblocker, and capable of checking various offensive special threats like Miraidon and Take Heart Arceus formes.

:blissey: :arceus-fairy: :audino-mega:
Blissey hated physical attackers but is able to check most special attackers very well, so I added two FC mons. Audino-Mega is capable of checking No Retreat Arceus-Ghost, physical Dragons like Choice Band Garchomp-Mega given decent prediction, and also has naturally low attack for additional Sapblocking. Arceus-Fairy was here as a generic physical wall, and having additional counterplay vs the physical Dragons.

:blissey: :chansey: :arceus-fairy: :audino-mega:
I added Imposter Chansey because it's Imposter Chansey. You can't have anything that resembles non-HO without Imposter Chansey, really.

:blissey: :chansey: :arceus-fairy: :audino-mega: :ferrothorn:
I wanted to try RegenVest Ferrothorn out as it covered Audino-Mega's/Arceus-Fairy's Steel/Poison weakness, have less passive counterplay into Take Heart Arceus formes while additionally patching up RegenVest Kyogre-Primal weakness, and giving slowpivots out.

:blissey: :chansey: :arceus-fairy: :audino-mega: :ferrothorn: :celesteela:
The original idea of the team was PSea + AV Celesteela alongside Wish support to really shit on Diancie-Mega (which sounds as bad as it was).

:blissey: :chansey: :arceus-poison: :audino-mega: :ferrothorn:
It was decided the original idea was completely unusable, so I swapped Celesteela out and switched the Arceus forme to Poison as the Diancie-Mega check and to not stack Steel/Poison weaknesses with Audino-Mega.

:blissey: :chansey: :arceus-poison: :audino-mega: :ferrothorn: :garchomp-mega:
I decided I did not like stall at all, but I really loved the defensive core so I thought 'Why not build semistall?". Garchomp-Mega was handily improofed by Audino-Mega, and is IMO the most dangerous attacker right now.

:blissey: :chansey: :arceus-poison: :audino-mega: :ferrothorn: :garchomp-mega:
Movesets tweaks.

2. The team

:sv/blissey:

paper (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Wish
- Burning Bulwark
- Topsy-Turvy
- Teleport

Magic Guard Blissey is capable of checking many special threats like Miraidon and Fur Coat Arceus-Ghost and even softcheck some mixed threats like Diancie-Mega given good prediction with Burning Bulwark. Magic Guard is chosen so you can boldly stay in versus things that would naturally force you out or straight up kill you - Salt Cures, Mortal Spins, Thunder Cages, etc. , Its naturally extremely low attack is also appealing as some of the aformentioned threats rely on Strength Sap as their only form of healing - versus this, they'll click Strength Sap only to heal a gamebreaking amount of twenty five (25) HP. Wish + Teleport is very potent as a method of burst healing on your mons that are low on HP, saving them from dying to simple chip damage and additionally save PP.
Improof: Garchomp-Mega (Tidy Up as they Bulwark), Ferrothorn (Knock Off)

:sv/chansey:

patchworks (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Shore Up
- Teleport
- Topsy-Turvy
- Heal Bell

It's Imposter Chansey.
Imposter allows the team to scout for potential threats, limiting opposing defensive mons, and is a decent method of anti-cheese. Because of such, it's also a great T1 lead, and against opposing Imposter you can also Teleport for a potential slowpivot. It can also softcheck threats like certain coverage Mega Diancie should Arceus-Poison and/or Ferrothorn gets too low. Topsy also allows Chansey to improof Arceus-Poison in a massive pinch.
no i'm not posting city's entire paragraph sorry

:sv/arceus-poison:

mechanical (Arceus-Poison) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Fur Coat
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Take Heart
- Judgment
- Thunder Cage
- Recover

Arceus-Poison is very much the only viable Diancie-Mega check (I've tried), so it was a no brainer to put on a defensive team. Take Heart provides a bulkier lategame wincon if Ice Scales users have been removed beforehand. Thunder Cage allows me to hit Flying types like Celesteela that would otherwise completely blanket conventional Arceus-Poison, and also chip down stuff in the earlygame/midgame. Recover is chosen over Strength Sap so my team doesn't get entirely bullied by Sapblockers.
Improof: Blissey (Topsy -> Teleport), Ferrothorn (Salt Cure -> U-Turn), Chansey (Topsy -> Recover if low -> Teleport, DNU unless absolutely necessary), can selfproof in a pinch.

:sv/audino-mega:

clay (Audino-Mega) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Strength Sap
- Haze
- Moonblast
- Spikes

Audino-Mega is a fairly potent physical wall that synergies quite well with Arceus-Poison, taking hits from Garchomp-Mega, checking SNR Arceus-Ghost without the need of an Arceus, and with Covert Cloak, also deterring Salt Cure from screwing over Arceus-Poison's setup shenanigans. Spikes is a way to gain progress from the Dragons you'd force out with Moonblast, and also a way to stop Imposter from farming Ferrothorn too much. Strength Sap is mandantory to improof Garchomp-Mega.
Improof: Blissey (sapblocks, Teleport into Garchomp-Mega if they're low enough), Ferrothorn (Knock Off -> Mortal Spin/Salt Cure, hard Mortal Spin/Salt Cure if they're already Knocked).

:sv/ferrothorn:

polygonal (Ferrothorn) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 99
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Salt Cure
- Mortal Spin
- Knock Off
- U-turn

An underexplored mon, this provides additional insurance vs most Take Heart users, provides Knock Off support and Mortal Spin removal, blocks opposing Mortal Spin and also is a great status absorber, softchecks a lot of stuff similar to Steelix-Mega and also has the slowest non-Teleport pivoting of any mon in the meta, which Garchomp-Mega appreciates. Also provides minor midground vs any Arceus-Ghost, which is useful if it techs for conventional checks, though if it's Knock Off it'll be kinda annoying.
Improof: Selfproofs w/ Salt Cure & Spikes up, U-Turning and Burning Bulwark-ing between itself and Blissey work fine if Spikes aren't up.

:sv/garchomp-mega:

organic (Garchomp-Mega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tidy Up
- Headlong Rush
- Glaive Rush
- Jungle Healing

Garchomp-Mega is, in my opinion, the most dangerous attacker in the meta right now, capable of demolishing entire teams with one boost & deal heavy damage even when unboosted, which can then turn into opportunities for Sapblocking against certain FCs. Tidy Up was chosen over Shift Gear as my team kinda lacked hazard removal. Jungle Healing is useful to ward off crippling Mortal Spins/Glares, and you don't need Strength Sap as your main form of healing will come from Blissey's Wishes. EVs allow you to OHKO Eviolite Imposter at +1.
Improof: Audino-Mega (Strength Sap, they can never 2HKO you from full, and a crit doesn't OHKO. Do not try to setup if Audino-Mega would be below 70% switching in.)

3. Threatlist

:choice-specs: :kyurem-white:
Matchup is hard. Blissey gets 2HKO'd w/ +SpA Specs Boomburst after mere 15% chip, and the Improof is often Chansey which you definitely can't break through. Best option is spam Spikes so it can't get in multiple times (you can maybe even grab their Stone Axe mon with Imposter), or try to out offense it with Tidy Up Garchomp-Mega.

Psychic Surge :deoxys:/:necrozma-ultra: + Fire coverage
1704474270218.png

This is a literally unplayable matchup. As usual, you can out offense it with Garchomp-Mega, or try to hax their improof with Imposter somehow.

:choice-band: :kyurem-black: + Spikes

No Ice resists means this is rather tricky to beat. Coupled with opposing hazards and a solid improof, this is a nightmare to switch into. Same counterplay methods as Kyurem-White, though with 2 FC users you're allowed a bit of leniency.

4. Proof of peak

Unfortunately I didn't save (or screenshotted) the game that gave me peak. I do however have the game that lost me the peak though (:sob:)
1704475072732.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)