Suspect SV AAA Suspect #7: Annihilape

Status
Not open for further replies.
1699510572192.png

Even though Ape wasn't obscene in my run, I still think its a fairly unhealthy presence between the all-punishing avalanche of a move that is Rage Fist, Annihilape's decently potent utility options (Taunt, Encore, Stealth Rock) and underrated set diversity. You prep for one ape, you might get another and just lose.

Team: :ribombee::annihilape::hydreigon::ogerpon-hearthflame::zamazenta-crowned::zapdos:
Webs HO (s/o Quantum Tesseract) with some edits of my own along the way

PociekMociek

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
apesussy.PNG

awful w/l but ig that's what happens when you load up HO and ladder at 7 am during school
can't believe the council actually pushed the suspect through
annihilape is incredibly tier warping, you're often forced to guess the ability or lose on the spot (cough cough Giagantic's Balance getting shmixed by PSalt ape), we already have incredibly powerful U-Turn abusers in TDebris guys, we already have very viable triage guys, we already have somewhat viable demon mons
without ape in the picture the tier is much healthier it's as le as that

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
1699677824563.png

I finished my bit of using a different team for each game, was fun.

I intended to write an essay in defense of Annihilape, but the vast majority of voters seem pretty convinced that it's broken, so I'll save my energy for posting about other things after this suspect test...

kDCA

into the endless night
is a Top Tiering Contributor
1699682785024.png

Ngl havent touched AAA for a while I just saw an ape HO that looked fun and decided to hop on ladder, the guy defo needs to go but pretty sure everyone also shares the sentiment after glancing at other posts

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 11.34.03 AM.png

I thought ape would be running around everywhere so I decided to use cute little fox guy to hard counter it. ironically my two losses were to an ape team bc zorua still takes like 35% from u-turn, don't try this at home.

:scream tail: :great tusk: :corviknight: :goodra-hisui: :weavile: :zorua-hisui:

I actually didn't see ape much during the run, need to use it/see it more to make a decision

edit: nvm this thing is still broken as hell get it out of here

Last edited:
image (4).png

First time getting reqs, this was pretty fun, although it took me a few tries until i got it right.I will be voting BAN, that thing is too stupid and easy to setup, i had a lot of games where it was able to bullshit its way into winning with rage fist.

Used this team mostly, which i honestly can't remember if i made from scratch or not

:annihilape: :Enamorus-Therian: :Manaphy: :Corviknight: :Weavile: :Zapdos:

Used this team of breakers with no special switch ins to try and speed run reqs with fast games: https://pokepast.es/46566fd872d48735

:roaring moon: :weavile: :scream tail: :corviknight: :sandy shocks: :gengar:

The mon is centralising to ensure you have a counter in your team to deal with it. And it changes gameplay to avoid switch moves. Games become very MU dependent. The main set I thought was too centralising was triage, as DP/rage fist coverage is too good. Unaware is not really a counter (as like other BD triage mons), as rage fists power still increases. There becomes a lot 50/50s to go to your counter on a triage DP, instead of them predicting and using rage fist.

While triage or ragefist remains legal, I would vote BAN.

JDandTurk

7FE22C06-C23D-45DD-BCA5-1722062429E6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)