SS PU surrender your soul - 1K RMT

sasha

one eyed owl
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Introduction

Hello, the end of SS and my 1000th post have lined up almost perfectly, so I wanted to make my post an RMT of a PU team that had some success in SCL and in general. It’s not a tried and true perfect team but I didn’t want to my 1k post to be something random so I decided to make this instead. This team was made during Week 2 of SCL for soulgazer when he played Lambovino. It was largely made to beat bulkier teams/stall but does fine into any other matchup otherwise as I feel Centiskorch + Tspikes abuses many common balances along with hyper offense.

centicard.jpgdoubcard.jpgweezingcard.pnggigalithcard.jpgeldegosscard.PNGribombee.jpg

:ss/centiskorch: :doublade: :weezing: :gigalith: :eldegoss: :ribombee:
doomsday (Centiskorch) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Lash
- Leech Life
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

The mon that I wanted to build around and the star of the show we have Centiskorch. It’s ability to freely reduce Defense via Fire Lash and access to decent coverage allows it to defeat foes it would struggle with otherwise such as Weezing and Gigalith with small chip, which makes it pretty fearsome as a wallbreaker imo. Its ability to also recover HP with Leech Life also makes for a great asset as you aren’t forced to run a Wish-passer in order to keep your breaker healthy and are able to play a tad bit riskier as a result, or at least that was my thought process when using Centi.

:centiskorch: :ss/doublade: :weezing: :gigalith: :eldegoss: :ribombee:
deadtalks (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 228 HP / 92 Atk / 120 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Doublade doesn’t completely do its job as a Steel-type as it’s easily dismantled by most special attacks, however: with great physical bulk, setup potential, priority, and flexibility in its ev spreads, it becomes quite hard to pass up in the builder. In general, Doublade is just the steel-type glue that holds the team together against fairies such as Ribombee and Whimsicott, while also blocking spin from Eldegoss, which is invaluable given the limited removal in the tier. I can’t quite remember what the EV spread does but any bulky Doublade spread will do honestly.

:centiskorch: :doublade: :ss/weezing: :gigalith: :eldegoss: :ribombee:
distance (Weezing) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split

Weezing is another glue mon that gives a Ground-type immunity and Knock absorber for a better matchup into Sandslash, while also crippling the opposing team with Toxic Spikes and being able to Wil-O Tspike immunities such as Doublade, Togedemaru, and opposing Weezing. Tspikes also enables Centiskorch's ability to break much easier by essentially removing Leftovers recovery from Gigalith, providing ailments versus stall and pressuring clerics to spam Aromatherapy/Heal Bell which gives you a pretty good way to gain momentum easily.

:centiskorch: :doublade: :weezing: :ss/gigalith: :eldegoss: :ribombee:
starstream (Gigalith) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Protect

The best rocker in the tier, it's unlikely that Gigalith is going to not be on a team I’ve made unless its stall or Hyper Offense. With access to hazards and its ability to switch into basically every prominent special attacker in the tier such as Charizard, Ribombee, non specs Guno, and more, it is (to me) mandatory on a lot of teams and I use it on most if not all of my balance builds. Not much else to say about it. You can opt for Rest over Protect to help deal with eating Toxic from Charizard since there's no cleric on this team, but I haven't felt the need to do it and I like the extra Lefties turns with Protect anyway as well as being able to stack Toxic damage from Tspikes.​

:centiskorch: :doublade: :weezing: :gigalith: :ss/eldegoss: :ribombee:
surrender (Eldegoss) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rapid Spin
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

One of the limited forms of removal in the tier, it has access to an ample amount of utility alongside Rapid Spin such as Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Aromatherapy, Charm, access to Regenerator etc. I don't run aroma on this Elde as this team puts on pressure quickly so the need to keep the game dragging out by healing potential Toxic’s and other status and what not hasn’t really brought itself to my attention while using this team. Charm is usable on this set though as this team is quite weak to doublade although Wil-O Weezing and Centiskorch should be able to handle it easily, but not every game can go perfectly I guess.

:centiskorch: :doublade: :weezing: :gigalith: :eldegoss: :ss/ribombee:
fireflies (Ribombee) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Roost
- Quiver Dance
- Switcheroo

The queenie fairy in the tier, we have Specs Ribombee. I mainly see Specs on more offensive oriented builds rather than balance but when prepping for Lambo I thought the prospect of being able to trick a choice item onto stall/fatmons was very useful and vs something like offense being able to click such a strong STAB Moonblast was incredibly hard to pass up. With Specs, Ribombee finds itself putting in work against pretty much every matchup you may come across. Tricking away Specs and Quiver Dancing versus balance/stall is also pretty much a game winner as you are likely to trick and cripple their prime Ribombee check as many people will go something like Gigalith or Charziard as a knee-jerk reaction to Ribombee being on the field. Although you can go Choice Scarf as well as it gets the same job done by being able to Trick and cripple a mon and it matches better into all the HO right now with Scarf.​

Threats

jellicentcard.jpg
gunocard.PNG
doubcard.jpg

Specs Jellicent - The team doesn't have a Ghost resist which is a big oversight from me but I don't find it completely unmanageable, Gigalith can take a few hits and between rocks/sand chip/Tspikes and protect stalling with Giga, Jelli shouldn't be able to stay on the field or healthy for too long. Not to mention Knock and Power Whip from Centi.

Galarian Articuno - Has unpunished U-turn vs this team and if its specs Giga is kinda owned by Psyshock and there's no way to combat Future Sight but Future Sight is broken so thats my cope. The main issue is unpunished U-turn because you get vortexed any time you go Giga and they turn, Bee and Doublade deal with it fine offensively, but sometimes risky plays have to be made to get around this.

Doublade - if you play Centi poorly it kinda mows down the rest of the team, however with Weezing Wil-O and being able to trick with Bee it should be manageable but also as aforementioned, putting Charm on Eldegoss can be used to combat this as well.

Replays

I unfortunately don't have many replays and I don't want to try to ladder on a dead ladder for them but here's three from my recent memory:

Soulgazer vs Lambovino (SCL) (W)
Mushamu in TLT playoffs (W)
z0mog vs Leru (SCL) (L)
z0m changed some sets on the team which I thought were not very good and I think should have won with a better played Centi but this replay shows a poor MU nonetheless so I thought it would be nice to show. The team also did pretty well on ladder asw when I had originally built it but its ladder so..

Shoutouts

gum avarice sensei axew Felines snaga mushamu - Thanks for being my besties and being there for me in general, always enjoy spending my time with you guys :3
KM Lily Lunala yass you guys always have great input
Everyone in Golducks, pretty crazy that I've been there for almost 2 years now, very glad I get to have a great group of friends away from my IRL ones. P.S Sage come back queen..
TPP Aliss We don't talk as often and that's my fault because I suck at responding but you guys have been kind to me and I always appreciate it
maroon Ticken and other Monotype girlies keep the tier I play the most fresh and fun
and anyone else I regularly DM, don't wanna keep mass tagging T_T.

Thanks for reading ^_^.​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)