Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice update today. Love the co-opness that this is getting in Brawl.. I'm going to have so much fun.. xD

I love the PT customization. Shiny Ivysaur looks pretty awesome.

Looking forward to using the PT, and finding out the costumes.

Co-op Target Test is going to be interesting though. Green targets, mmm.. preferred red though xD

Having nearly everything in the game be co-op is pretty damn awesome, even if I could very well never use the co-op Event option. Still, having the OPTION there is really nice and pretty damn cool.

Though the remainder of this week could very well lead to me placing my foot in my mouth for saying this, it seems as though the updates are starting to get much more interesting.

Thunderhorse already mention this but...

The second event match, Charizard's color is like... Shit green. Uggglllyyyy. >:

And, can anyone tell what that weird black thing is in the 5th event match? (Nearest to the front, not Link in the back).
Oh yeah i wanted a green Charizard colour!, it looks more like a dragon... or something.

That shadow looks like Guts Man from Mega man haha (i know IS NOT in brawl and has 0 chances, is just a joke).

EDIT Great!, new stage =D. More metroid. Seems to rotate, that could be very....Brinstar, but i like it is based on Metroid Prime at least.

Also some Mother 3 music :D.

What if for PT depending on the colour that 1 pokemon become shiny and the rest become that colour
eg your team colour is green so ivysaur is shiny but charizard and squirtle are green or you are team red so charizard is black but ivysaur and squirtle is the colour red

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the new stage is kinda crummy, like all Metroid stages

HOWEVER! that music is absolutely incredible, but of course a big Mother 3 fan like me would say that

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I like the idea--but i like even more so that our Stage Page is filled, because i think 20 Stages is a good Dojo number.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Its better than widescreen support.

Anyway, the music was interesting. The stage looked boring.
If widescreen support was on the site before we learned it was in at E for All, you'd hear me cheering from all the way in wherever you live.

Liked the music, though it got a bit repetitive.

Stage looked cool. I was hoping the Parasite Queen would spray acid out, or break through the barrier and attack or something, instead of just getting
dark / whole stage flipping (Or is it only the camera...?). Still interesting and cool stage though!

Hmm... A Sky World stage from MP3 would be cool... It'd be like... There's a medium platform (Or that cage thing from later in the level) wizzes around Sky World and comes to a stop at larger platforms (More of an actual stage set up). You stay at each station for x number of seconds/minutes/whatever. And so, it'll start on the moving platform take you to the first station (Moving to the right) and when you board the station, the next moving platform is on the right, and it'll leave whether you are on it or not.

Of course, those weird blade things and doors will appear to try and kill you whilst moving around on the moving platform.

I hope that made sense!

I actually like that stage.

The first thing I thought of was "OH shit the first Metroid stage WITHOUT any fucking lava."

Never played M3 but the music sounds pretty tight.

For a moment I was hoping there would be a second prime inspired level, but then I remembered that there was already norfair in the game. Oh well, it's cool to finally have a metroid level that wasn't entirely focused on acid or lava.

However, I'm a little worried about the camera changing being disruptive to the flow of the battle. The stage flip doesn't actually seem THAT bad, seeing as they give you a warning beforehand, but I would've much rather seen something from the surface of Tallon IV, rather than the space pirate frigate.

the team heal item looks really good and not that broken considering you can't heal yourself and it's not garunteed to heal your team members

I think we might be seeing a tourney legal item for the first time in smash history. But that's only if you can turn exploding containers off, and even then it's not assured. Still cool though.

So, nearly a month till the Japanese release dates, and about 2 days after that we'll know everything there is to know about the game, if we care to look of course.

Still, with no release date set for europe yet, which is surprising considering, that all voices & Songs so far contain English phrases within the other language sites (Referincing Ashley's theme here). I don't see why Britian and the rest of europe are shafted when it comes to games, There's many a'games that I want that'll never make it across the pacific ocean, even though all you'd have to do is change it from region 1 to region 2 (Square Enix is one of the biggest assholes for this)

Alas, I just can't see why they can't at least give us a time frame on the site, so we at least know. It's the same with FE:RD there's no guarenteed release across on these here shores....

Still seeing how I like to play Handicap and team battles this is both a good and bad update for me (Seeing how I normally play 1 against 3 :D)

I can't wait for this game, I love the old one on N64, this game is one of the reasons I brought a Wii :). I guess I'll just play on Mario Galaxy and Pearl and my 360 before this comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)