Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Fire Emblem 1/3 remake is coming out for the DS, and we all know Marth is in that. I still think Marth'll be in the game but I suppose a closer look at Ike's attacks is in order I suppose. He seems pretty beefy though, unlike Marth who is all about range and comboing.

Nice vids. I see Ike being a high-tier person just like Marth. And they need to improve the AI, it seems really choppy.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sonuis! Tell me what you know!

But seriously, i haven't stopped shaking. From Ike footage, to the SMART BOMB from starfox, to AW orangestar toops, to how much i love Delfino Plaza...

it makes the wait that much harder.

Where's this Ike footage?
Also, is it just me, or does everything seem to have more knockback? It looks like people are getting koncked really far at like 100%. I wonder if the damage ratio is going to be more like 64?

Sonuis said:
I like-a to steal IGN Insider movies. Also, they're really awesome clips.
that really surprised me actually, using Safari all I do is right click and download O_o. I'm not complaining though :P

And the vid with Ike in it is on IGN. He looks awesome, with some seriously powerful attacks.

What do you mean by "high tiers?" I didn't play Melee competitively, so can someone let me know the tiers from last game and what you guys are expecting for the characters now?

Can someone paste the link to the Ike video?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I had ot go to school for a project and missed a shitton of videos. I'm downloading everything.

Mark Bozon of IGN got to play the Brawl demo, and later made a Q&A thread on the IGN boards.
Just played again:

You CAN get more than one Smash Ball per level; the whole "one per match" must have been BS. For Samus you use that to change to/from Zero suit. I just played and had 4 show up in one fight.

L-catch works. Wavedash hasn't yet... on Wiimote it'd be a pain in the ***, but it might still work with Classic Controller. We tried for a few seconds (multiple players) and couldn't get it.

Out again.
I don't know how reliable he is, but at least he's trying. Does anyone else have any information about WDing in Brawl?

~Dac

directly from smashboards

Guess I was lied to, 4channers and anti-"tournament player" trolls are having a field day.

Too bad Wavedashing isn't as important as they think it is ;D. Still, it's a shame that it might be taken out, it added some depth. Overall I think it's best that we wait until E for All to get some true confirmation, as hardcore smash players will be there.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It was in Melee... this is an improved version but unless they have instant replays you can pause and take pictures of (a la Halo 3), this won't be used much.

Currently, your friends would kill you. If in a tournament, you'd be disqualified.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
About the blur, one possibility could be a "print" button. How exactly it would work, I have no idea, but you could hook a USB printer up to the Wii or do it via WiFi. It would also be interesting if they allowed you to print the stickers on to sticker sheets.

More realistically though, I'm thinking its some sort of "upload to get rated" where they have a voting type channel for people to rate snapshots.

Metaknight seems extremely noob/newb friendly (in that he's easy to learn, and spam certain attacks with if you're a dumbass), which is likely why IGN's all over him. >_>

Anyways I'm probably getting my hopes up but I'm sincerely hoping that the extra secret is some sort of way to record matches, it would be incredible for the smash community since a lot of us lack direct feed capturing devices.

Why the harshness to Metaknight?, nobody of you have played with him yet... i mean to label him like that. IGN played with him, sure, they just gave their point of view.

I don't think either of them were being harsh. Blame Game just made a reference to Mewtwo and just because someone might be "noob" friendly doesn't mean they can't be a solid character i.e. shiek, fox.

And the update, Eh he just gave us Sonic and pushed back release so hes giving us a breather.

I think the Norfair stage looks pretty awesome. Can anyone tell what the music playing on the IGN clip was?

Also Metroid AT sounds awesome.

i've been trying my best to spot any previously unrevealed moves for characters, but no luck yet.

edit: sonic seemed to do some sort of wind up punch like dks, but i doubt its a special move for him.....

well its not a bad thing its being held back.. usually thats a good thing. Remember we probably have 6 or more years with this game before we get a sequel so lets get as much shit crammed into it I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)