Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit. I was already having a hard time waiting. Now it's being released AFTER I get back from my month-long winter break. I was going to be playing Brawl then, but no. Nintendo had to be a bitch. I'll forgive them if they put in Golden Sun ppl though.

this was the only game in the foreseeable future that i was seriously interested in purchasing

:(

oh and nice vids

nice to see what part of the character select will look like

oh and fucking awesome character intros are back

game does look a bit slower than melee...can't really complain though maybe now i'll be better

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thank god for these Vids, Firestorm. However you keep finding them, well, keep finding them!

Unless this is a demo version, not all the characters (newcomers and returning) seem to be right off the bat playable.

Also glad to see the new Metroid Stage.

Although, for some reason i can't see the Gamevideos ones, which i'd love to look at.

Everyone should watch those 5 vids from Firestorm, very good stuff.
Also :((( at delay.
And whoever said that, I'm sure it's a demo, otherwise there isn't enough room for all the characters :/

This thread is going insane... but... ahhh i want to whine as a fat fanboy too, stupid release date ;(.

Good videos BTW, there is a Metroid stage that isn't in the blog (or is it?).

I haven't watched it yet, but I think I know the stage you're talking about - it showed up twice in the trailer recently posted, once with wario+torchic, and once with charizard. I had assumed it was either norfair or a bowser level.

Watching right now.

edit: ah, was hoping to see some gameplay footage. At least we know it's norfair, anyway. I always loved norfair in the metroid games.

Link vs Sonic- Sonic was CPU
Samus vs Mario- Mario was CPU
You'll notice the CPU had little attack variety, was slow to react, and didn't use recovery moves.

level one...

remember how melee had difficulty sliders on the character select screen? Same way maybe, except I wouldn't be surprised if they were locked into level one for the demo....

...I'm going to commit suicide.
EDIT: Great. Just great. It was going to be 51 days until Smash Bros, now they pushed it back to 121. FUCKING 121 OF THEM.
This game better kick serious ass.

level one...

remember how melee had difficulty sliders on the character select screen? Same way maybe, except I wouldn't be surprised if they were locked into level one for the demo....
Although they would still use recovery moves even at lvl 1 unless the difficulty has been killed at the low levels.

IGN has some new videos up where you can see Ike in play. He's a fucking tank, his Smash attack has fucking tremendous knockback.

Also I think he might have counter, I can't be sure though. I swear I saw it at one point, can anyone confirm/disprove?

Also I hear wavedashing is back.

Also I hear wavedashing is back.
I haven't heard that, at least not from a reliable source. But it's not like there's a reason for it to be removed anyway. L-canceling was a mistake in SSB I hear, but was actually intentionally left in SSBM. Plus Nintendo knows about wavedashing anyway so yeah.

Btw, did you notice how the "animations" before battle of each character are apparently back?.

You can see it on Samus vs. Mario video (Samus walking out of the capsule-thing and Mario from the pipe), remember that was discussed here?.

I loved that on N64, i'm glad it's back.

Also lol Pikachu has now the other costume googles Pichu had.

from IGN said:
Since each character can also switch colors pre-fight, Nintendo took the opportunity to seamlessly include Dark Link as one of the character options.
Greaaaat.

IGN said:
Other attacks we've seen already include a floating Metroid that sucks onto battlers, a massive attack of multiple 2D Advance Wars sprites, various Pokemon, a dashing Drill Dozer attack
Even more AT.

Btw, did you notice how the "animations" before battle of each character are apparently back?.

You can see it on Samus vs. Mario video (Samus walking out of the capsule-thing and Mario from the pipe), remember that was discussed here?.

Yep. They're back in all thier awesome glory. :D

Greaaaat.
QFT, :) the starting animations are so awesome. Has Ikes been shown been show yet?

and yea, Ike is a tank. And from his attacks it looks like Marth is gone, or at least has a very new moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)