Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahahaha the best fucking part of all this is how that one guy at smashboards told everyone he'd be on it today and everyone jumped on his fucking back

this is great

not a huge sonic fan but i like him. hopefully all the third party characters will be awesome because...let's face it, a lower tier third party character would be terrible. but i suppose konami and sega wanted to make sure they'd be awesome.

yeah
1. I actually kind of believed that guy to be honest. That's why the update was surprising and unsurprising tbh.

2. I agree, the two characters I'm most excited for are Snake and Sonic. They both look fun to play as.

ahahaha the best fucking part of all this is how that one guy at smashboards told everyone he'd be on it today and everyone jumped on his fucking back

this is great

not a huge sonic fan but i like him. hopefully all the third party characters will be awesome because...let's face it, a lower tier third party character would be terrible. but i suppose konami and sega wanted to make sure they'd be awesome.

yeah
yes, that was funny xD

also SONIC IN BRAWL lol

awesome, but shame about the release date.

Somewhat surprised me, I just didn't think they'd come up with enough specials for him, but I guess I was wrong!

Also, I'm not too worried about the release date, Sakurai will pull through for the Americans.

Hahaha saw that one coming! Now we can kick the blue hedgehog's pasty blue ass, the way it should be. Does anyone think this could take away from Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games sales though?

EDIT : Ouch, release date indeed is TBD again. Not looking too good in that respect. Gameplay looks awesome though. Also,

KYOGRE AND TORCHIC IN BRAWL!!

i bet that sonic is going to be a secret character, where the criteria is finishing a racing stage in under a set time

and then every fucking fanboy on youtube will post a sonic vs. mario video

it feels as though history is once again repeating itself, only this time in one of the most anticipated games for the Wii

I know everyone knows already but...

a,sdflqiwufhZOMFGlkagsdfiNOWAIlaksjdfh SONIC IS IN BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to get that out of me, sorry, lol

I seriously can't beleive they actually revealed him though. I would have figured that hed come as a surprise post-release

Wow didn't notice before now... Sonic got a really retarded voice... i mean seriously it was better back in the Sonic adventure 2 days wasn't it?:pirate:

I, for one, am not that excited by Sonic.

However, the Ashley song from WarioWare is soo amazing. I'm glad they added it.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh shit. To all my Smash thread regulars, i feel sorry i missed out.

"SONIC IN BRAWL"

...ahem.

Still, i'm loving the new taunts for each character, and all of Sonic's moves.

ESPECIALLY WHEN HE POWER BALL/BUZZSAWS DK THROUGH THE SKYWORLD STAGE.

Seconding former sentiments and disagreeing with Hazerider, i'd streak through my hometown and quit my job and and and and piss in a water cooler if Megaman were said to be the next 3rd party candidate.

oooh, the shakes, the shakes!

Wow didn't notice before now... Sonic got a really retarded voice... i mean seriously it was better back in the Sonic adventure 2 days wasn't it?:pirate:
That's what happens when 4Kids actors get hired. Combine that with increasingly bad scripts after Sonic Adventure 2, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Man. The feelings I have about this update are so comparable to the feelings I had when Steve Irwin died (no offense); Even after seeing it a billion times, I still can't believe it.
Honestly, the only thing this game needs to feel complete is Megaman X, and I have myself something that will keep me busy for ages.

OHMYGODDDDd.

When I saw this I was ilke just like O.O I can't believe it happened!

I'm glad he's in even though I won't use him a lot.. but if he has obvious weaknesses or something you can figure out, you can beat all the newbs on wifi.. ehehehe.

The Sonic video is awesome and love the music! The Fall Conference video looks good too. :( at TBA date now..

Awesome update today. Nintendo is really out doing themselves with this game and I'm loving it! I would really like to know if L-cancels are coming back though. Wavedashing I don't care about as much even though I do it very often but L-canceling is a must to me. Not like I won't play the game if it doesn't have it though. GOOD STUFF!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OHMYGODDDDd.

When I saw this I was ilke just like O.O I can't believe it happened!

I'm glad he's in even though I won't use him a lot.. but if he has obvious weaknesses or something you can figure out, you can beat all the newbs on wifi.. ehehehe.

The Sonic video is awesome and love the music! The Fall Conference video looks good too. :( at TBA date now..
From the looks of it, Sonic is SSBM Fox+. Very fast, but likely very difficult to control with any precision. He also likely won't have projectiles and if anything beats out his hit priority he could be stopped fairly easily.

StrangerDanger

From the looks of it, Sonic is SSBM Fox+. Very fast, but likely very difficult to control with any precision. He also likely won't have projectiles and if anything beats out his hit priority he could be stopped fairly easily.
Calling all Falcos! We need your help, Star Fox!

StrangerDanger

Also, here's some food for thought.

The way the characters are positioned, what if those things we saw weren't Alternate Taunts, but rather Victory Poses, which are now done on the stage?

My personal theory is that those are the intros before battle. Victory poses is entirely possible however.
Also, at Deck Knight, wouldn't that make him more like CF?

Heh, after the rushed effort to get Melee in I'm willing to wait for Brawl.

I mean, holding the release date for 2 months, 3 months, etc. etc. for a game I'm potentially going to be playing for several years? Hell, people still play Smash Bros original. Hell, I still play Super Mario World.

Then again, I've been waiting for several years for the next Nethack release, so I guess I'm just used to waiting for games.

Not to mention, with all these demos out we know that the game isn't vapor ware (*cough* Starcraft Ghost *cough*)

I, for one, am not that excited by Sonic.

However, the Ashley song from WarioWare is soo amazing. I'm glad they added it.
It will be fun to battle in that stage with that awsome music in the background.

Sonic in brawl >.>

I hope Marth comes back even though I don't main him anymore. Random thought. Now Roy I don't care about as much but the more the merrier!

Btw, if you remember SSB64 had character intros so it's possible the may be back in Brawl.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My personal theory is that those are the intros before battle. Victory poses is entirely possible however.
Also, at Deck Knight, wouldn't that make him more like CF?
No, CF was fast but pretty easy to control because he had decent melee range, his falling speed was managable and even the Knee was easy to time, whereas Fox falls like a brick and most of his attacks require extremely close range. Note that even among the best players, Infinite shine was mostly plausible, not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)