Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool update we got to know 2 assist trophies and Excitebike was one of my favorite games as a kid and its cool to see them making an appearance. Does anyone else feel they made assist trophies basically slightly better pokeballs?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Spinies Return!

They haven't had a good comeback or even been in a Mario game for years. Sure, we've had spiked koopas and things like that, but nothing matches the pure awesomeness of the Spiny.

The updates keep getting better and better IMO (ergo, I'm making more posts in this thread). The "retro" assist trophies seem like a great way to pay homage to Nintendo's past characters, who otherwise might not've been cut out for Brawl.

pinecone, I agree that thus far, ATs are looking to be a better Pokéball in a sense. I wonder if there is still something to be revealed about one of them?

I view Assist Trophies as a way to get characters into the game that have little chance at becoming a real character...

but I do think it is quite possible that some of the ATs in this game will be playable in the next. Samurai Goroh goooo

But yeah they are basically cooler pokeballs

^ I agree. Maybe they might have a survey on favorite assist trophies (either online or on the Wii's wifi capability) and that could help advance certain characters for future games.

This update was a bit of a letdown after yesterday's amaaaazing update, but then again, there's not much topping Snake aside from finding out all the characters, and etc.

I love the assist trophy idea though!

Normally, I find AT updates a little boring (Devil World...), but today was better than usual. If they had something like this in Melee, the bikers would probably be new character models rather than their pixelated counterparts. This and the Lakitu AT really preserve the "retro" feel of it, and I hope Lakitu moves the way he does in the original SMB. Great work Nintendo! Now just confirm Megaman X, please. ):

Late Comment: My brother is named Ray.
It was nice for us to see our Metal Gear counterparts make an appearance in Brawl. :D

Double update, cool. Shileding and dodging seem to work the same as in Melee. The Landmaster looks pretty awesome, I'm glad it makes an appearance! I'm hoping we get to see the Blue Marine too, heh.

Hell yes! Landmaster tank!

Judging by the controls mentioned, I would say it's similar to Bowser's FS in which the original character transforms into(or in this case, brings out) a huge form to control. It says you can hover, roll, and fire the cannon, so it could have some, if very little, ability to jump, attack, and defend itself.

Also good to see the same tactics returning from SSBM for shielding and dodging.

Shield Update: I'm glad to see it return? o_0
Final Smash: Meh. It would have been better for Fox's Final Smash to be an arwing bombardment, but I guess that was too obvious.
I'm kinda so-so about today, you guys.

I'm kinda so-so about today, you guys.
I didn't liked the land master missions on Star fox 64, but somehow i like the final smash featuring it, i mean is a damn tank!!, rolling over others and shooting at them at less than two meters, lol, for me it looks well!.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Falco was the one renowned for his Arwing prowess, so this (awesome) update is leading me to believe we may still see an Arwing related FS yet...

I didn't liked the land master missions on Star fox 64, but somehow i like the final smash featuring it, i mean is a damn tank!!, rolling over others and shooting at them at less than two meters, lol, for me it looks well!.
Tank missions and using the Tank in Star Fox: Assault was fun though, no? =]

Landmaster is cool. Wish they did (like someone said) a bunch of Arwings like attacking and shooting laser beams.

Woo for shielding and dodging update. The shield looks different this time.

I thought Fox's FS was gonna be like, Arwings flying all over and gunning people down, but the Landmaster looks cool. Shielding seems to be the same, but I wanted individual shields, like Yoshi had his Egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)