Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The 10th thing wasn't actually in that post, I was putting 2 and 2 together. There's supposed to be a conference on the 10th by Nintendo where they at least go over the release dates for Smash and Wii Fit in Japan. So that might also be the event where they show Smash to be playable, Reggie said there would be an event for the press to play it.

If it does happen, E For All having it playable wouldn't be TOO large a stretch. The game is released like a month and a half after that. It'd be great if it were there so we get impressions from real people who play the game and not the press that end with "The game looks to be shaping up and you'll be able to beat up Pikachu with Mario on December 3rd!"

Anyway, the source seems reliable enough. SRK isn't a nobody community, the guy is a Premium Member who probably has history there, and his story does hold up (and has pics).

I'm gonna guess that this Oct 10 thing is what Nintendo Power was talking about when they mentioned their hands-on for the next issue. The timing is perfect. However, it's far more important to have actual gamers on scene instead of medias saying "hmm, it looks just like the trailers! And the controls are good also!". I'd be so cool of Ninty if they let the winner of Super Champ Comb (is that over yet?) playtest the game and release impressions.

Aww man, i really hope this is not the "good bye" for Ness...

"While he is timid in nature, he fights splendidly. Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!".

ohhhhhh a fellow PA player! come play me @ melee. I'm in shippensburg/erie/philly, I get around a lot.

for the record, lucas looks like another big headed char =/.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Haha, Lucas looks so freakin' cool. I'm glad Nintendo aren't neglecting some of their lesser-known characters. Pit, Meta-Knight, Ike and now Lucas all look awesome. I can't wait.

Which reminds me, I just started playing through Kid Icarus on the Virtual Console. Awesome game, I'd reccomend it. :heart:

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I agree that, on one hand, this could mean the end of Ness - a prospect I'm not big on.

On the other hand, if this improves the chances of a stateside Mother 3 release, HELL YES.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's going to be hard as to what's going to happen to Ness. Will he be a second character for the Earthbound series instead of just a replacement? Who knows, we'll just have to wait and see!

I think Ness is out personally. Why show a new character from a previously repped franchise before the one from the past two Smash games?

I'm gonna guess that this Oct 10 thing is what Nintendo Power was talking about when they mentioned their hands-on for the next issue. The timing is perfect. However, it's far more important to have actual gamers on scene instead of medias saying "hmm, it looks just like the trailers! And the controls are good also!". I'd be so cool of Ninty if they let the winner of Super Champ Comb (is that over yet?) playtest the game and release impressions.
FYI Mew2King got First in singles and Azen+Chillin got 1st in doubles

FYI Mew2King got First in singles and Azen+Chillin got 1st in doubles
Yeah, I just checked, lol at Ken getting 7th in both singles and doubles.

Anyway, Lucas looks nice. I really wonder what they're doing about Ness- I mean, Ness is already such a unique character that he can't be changed that much without altering his whole style. Maybe give him a better approach, or boost his throws a bit. Really, a few tweaks and he's a solid high tier, he's only really that low because nobody plays him.
So, Lucas. I expect we'll see a profile sometime this week or next. If he has the same moves as Ness, I think we can say he's a probably Ness replacement; it would make more sense to keep Ness's moves and give Lucas the new set.

I seriously doubt that Ness is out. =\ He's been in the first two games.

I'm sure the development team gave Lucas some new abilities to distinguish him...I don't see what the point would be of taking Ness' moveset and sticking it onto a new character, then kicking Ness out.

@ the "released new character before vet from same series" thing..."Ike"

I personally hope that Ness is out. I really don't like Mother games. Lucas looks cooler than Ness and this may make me want to play a Mother game if he is good.

If Ness is out, maybe he could be a cameo boss in the story mode for Lucas or something. That might explain the "can he surpass Ness?" thing. Personally, though, I hope Ness stays.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Matt Casasawasmassomething on IGN says that the October 10th event is in San Francisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)