Super Sandstorm! A SS RMT. Updated with AB2's changes.

Okay, i was going to post this team up yesterday or 2 days ago, but right when i was done typing it, i hit the back button and i went back to the OU teams section lol. So yeah. This team is meant to replace Solum's Bore, and is actually a really good team. Its been having a bit of trouble lately, but when i made it, it was really good and tearing up the ladder. Just try and help me with this team please and rate it and see what should be changed. I am not going to post up a Team building process because This team has been worked on for months, and to do that would take nearly 2 hours of my time to be completely honest. Changes will be made in Bold.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpA)
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- SuperPower

Okay, so Tyranitar is my Sandstormer, and is honestly a better option than the opposing Hippowdon. First of all, he gets the Special defense boost from the sandstorm since he is rock type, which Hippowdon doesnt get. I decided to go with AB2's choice scarf variant over my original Mixed/Special wall set so that i could revenge many rain sweepers and other weather abusers easily with physical attacks, coupled with an amazing physical attack stat that gets around 390. Crunch and Stone Edge are for STAB, and Ice Punch and SuperPower are for coverage. If you want to go more in depth, please see AB2's post.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Swords Dance

Gliscor is my physical wall, and is really amazing at what he does. His main goal is to try and set up lategame to sweep, and before that, wall physical threats, focusing on the infamous Excadrill. Protect is there so that i can recover a extra HP with the Toxic Orb and poison heal combination, which is really a boost for Gliscor. Earthquake is there for STAB, and IceFang is there for anything that resists or is immune to Earthquake. Finally, Swords Dance is there to give these moves a boost. Gliscor is a part of my core, and is really helpful in game. It's the same moveset as before, I just changed some EVs to outspeed some pokemon.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom Wash is also really good this gen just like he was last gen. With his only weakness being Grass, and bulky stats, he is perfect for a wall, and is the second part of my core. I have Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump for STAB, which is really important for Rotom Wash, since he is my main counter to rain teams. I have Will-O-Wisp for physical attackers, to weaken them and help my Gliscor Sweep with weakened physical attacks. Finally, Pain Split is there as a form of recovery, which is really awesome for Rotom given his very low HP. He is a defensive wall/special attacker, and works really well with this team. Just changed my EVs around a bit from what AB2 said. The moveset remained unchanged.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SDef)
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Since I have Tyranitar as my revenge killer now, i didnt find a need to have two Choice Scarfers on my team, so i decided to make Landorus a Rock Polsih set while i look for a pokemon to replace him. I decided to give him life orb, because coupled with SandStorm and Sand Force, Earthquake's base power reaches 252, while Stone Edge reaches somewhere in the 160s.Earthquake is STAB, plus the sandstorm boost, and SandForce make it really deadly. Stone Edge is here for coverage, and the Sand Force boost as well. My last moveslot is Hidden Power Ice for the gliscors and other pokemon that resist my first 3 physical attacks, which is also why i have Naive nature instead of an jolly nature on Landorus. Didnt change anything else except i made it Naive instead of Naughty to outspeed mence, which is going to gain in popularity since Chomp is banned.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Roar
- Lava Plume

Heatran is my new Special wall replacing Jirachi. Since Tyranitar is now scarfed, he helps my team more than Jirachi, providing Rocks, a solid counter to Sun teams, and a check/counter for Ferrothorn. He also acts as a phazer, using roar to its advantage. I gave it a similar set to my Rachi set, except a different nature to hinder attack because of Lava Plume, and Heatran's amazing special attack stat. The EVs are the most beneficial for this set. Lava Plume is also for STAB, and so that i dont become Taunt Bait.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SAtk / 24 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Celebi is my new special sweeper, and replaced Reuniclus. NP Celebi is really awesome here, and works really well with Heatran and Rotom-Wash, which completes my core. Celebi also absorbs status for me with Natural Cure. I have Nasty Plot on this set so that i can set up late game. Giga drain is there for STAB, and a recovery move. Hidden Power Fire is here for pokemon that resist Giga Drain, such as other Grass types, and steels. Finally, Recover is for a reliable Recovery move, for when I think that a giga drain recover won't be enough in a certain situation.

Pokemon that used to be in my team:

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus is my main late game sweeper, and is really amazing. I like the Trick Room set better than the calm mind set because Reuniclus is already really slow. Also, Reuniclus gets great coverage with its special attacks. Trick Room is for Reuniclus to set up on a switch. Psychic is for STAB, and is my go to move unless something resists it. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast are there for coverage against pokemon that resist Psychic, or are weak to ghost or fighting. I have 0 speed IVs on him as well, so that i am slower than every single pokemon barring hindering nature + 0 IV Spd Ferrothorn.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Thunderbolt
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

Jirachi is the last pokemon in my core. He is used a lot this generation as a specially defensive wall, just like i am using, with a hax set. I chose thunderbolt over body slam or Thunderwave because my team has a weakness to rain teams, and Thunderbolt helps me against the common Specs Starmie Hydro Pump. On anything else, I hope for a paralyze due to Serene Grace, and then i usually spam my next move, Iron Head. Iron Head is STAB, and does a lot of damage before the opponent begins to attack due to Flinching, or Paralysis. Wish and Protect are my last 2 moves, so that i can get recovery, and pass wish if i really need it. I also use Protect to scout out my opponents moves sometimes if i know they are choiced, or to see what set the opponent is running.

Importable:
Black Santa (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Sand Devil (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Magic Carpet (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Genie (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Roar
- Lava Plume

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SAtk / 24 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

So thats my team, please rate and comment on it, and i will test it out to see if it works! Thanks!

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hey, this is a cool sandstorm team but it has its weaknesses. Drizzle can really be a huge issue because the only team member that you have to fight it off is Rotom-W, who can only do that to a certain degree. Latios also looks like it could be a bit of a problem. You are not running body slam or thunder wave on Jirachi, so that means that Latios can spam surf or draco meteor and a lot of this team [Tyranitar is 2HKOed by the EVs and nature you're running on it]. To remedy this problem, running a Nasty Plot Celebi and swapping Tyranitar to a scarf variant would work very well. Maxing out speed and attack on Tyranitar would be the best choice for an EV spread, while running Crunch | Pursuit | Ice Punch | Stone Edge would be a good moveset. You can also run Superpower to hit stuff like Ferrothorn and Lucario if you want to. This will allow your team to take on Drizzle easily with Scarf Tyranitar taking out many weather abusers such as Starmie and Thundurus while changing the weather. Nasty Plot Celebi would work well over Jirachi since you have a good check to Lati@s in Scarf Tyranitar. Using 232 HP EVs while maxing out special attack and putting the rest of the EVs in speed on Celebi would be optimal. Also a moveset of Nasty Plot | Giga Drain | Hidden Power [Fire] | Recover would work well. You could try and opt for using Psychic over Recover for the extra coverage, although Recover comes in handy more often than not.

With Tyranitar gone, you now lack stealth rocks. Also, Chesto Rest Volcarona can give this team some problems. It gets up a Quiver Dance for free on some of you team members and you do not really have much to stop it with. A Specially Defensive Heatran would work well over your Reuniclus because it helps you fulfill all of these requirements that you need for this team. Since you pack Gliscor, fighting types such as Conkeldurr and non Ice Punch Toxicroak will be kept in check. Heatran also gives you excellent synergy with Celebi and Rotom-W so it fits into this team perfectly. Maxing HP and Special Defense would be the most optimal spread while running a calm nature and Lava Plume | Protect | Roar | Stealth Rocks would work the best. If your Landorus set does not give you enough speed, I would suggest that you run a Naive nature over naughty. Naive Landorus allows you to outspace threats such as +1 Dragon Dance Salamence and Volcarona. You could also bump Gliscor's speed up to 247 which allows you to outrun Specially Defensive Jirachi, other Celebi, and Timid Magnezone. A spread of 252 HP | 184 Def | 72 Spe would work if you wish to speed your Gliscor up a little bit. Rotom-W would also work much better if you invest enough speed to outrun Adamant Breloom and most Gliscor. This can allow you to get a Will-o-Wisp off on Breloom if they come into Rotom wanting to force you out and put something to sleep. This means that an EV spread of 112 HP | 252 SpA | 144 Spe would be optimal to outrun these threats.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the nice Rate AB2. I'll probably decide to run your changes since i know you and you are an amazing battler. I'm on Smogon PO right now if you want to test it out. Also, i'm just wondering what natures you think that i should put on the pokemon that you specified that i should change. Also, do you think that i should switch the set of Landorus since Tyranitar will be my revenge killer from now on???

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Thanks for the nice Rate AB2. I'll probably decide to run your changes since i know you and you are an amazing battler. I'm on Smogon PO right now if you want to test it out. Also, i'm just wondering what natures you think that i should put on the pokemon that you specified that i should change. Also, do you think that i should switch the set of Landorus since Tyranitar will be my revenge killer from now on???
I'd run modest on celebi and jolly on Tyranitar. Sorry I forgot to mention those. You can still run Scarf Landorus if you want to, but the rock polish or even substitute set would work well too.

I'd run modest on celebi and jolly on Tyranitar. Sorry I forgot to mention those. You can still run Scarf Landorus if you want to, but the rock polish or even substitute set would work well too.
Okay, thanks for the sets! I'll update the RMT later.

I think that i'll try Swords Dance first, and if that doesnt work, i'll go to rock polish, but i think i'd rather substitute him, since with him on my team, i'll have 3 weaknesses to ice. Even with 2 resists to ice, I think thats a little Drastic.

Hey,

This has become a very solid team with all the changes, I have a suggestion that could help patch up the rain weakness. Currently you have four pokemon weak to water which is kind of a problem against rain teams. Specs Politoed can wreak havoc spamming Hydro Pump's all day, causing major damage. To help remedy this I will suggest specially defensive Gastrodon > Landorus to combat and help out against rain teams. As you already know, Gastrodon has the ability Storm Drain and every time your opponent attacks with a water move you get a boost in special attack. Gastrodon would help Heatran wall effectively and with Toxic you can now status opposing Thundurus, Politoad, and Starmie won't be an annoyance to your team. Test it out and see if it helps.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

Hey,

This has become a very solid team with all the changes, I have a suggestion that could help patch up the rain weakness. Currently you have four pokemon weak to water which is kind of a problem against rain teams. Specs Politoed can wreak havoc spamming Hydro Pump's all day, causing major damage. To help remedy this I will suggest specially defensive Gastrodon > Landorus to combat and help out against rain teams. As you already know, Gastrodon has the ability Storm Drain and every time your opponent attacks with a water move you get a boost in special attack. Gastrodon would help Heatran wall effectively and with Toxic you can now status opposing Thundurus, Politoad, and Starmie won't be an annoyance to your team. Test it out and see if it helps.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover
Thanks a lot man, i'll try it out. It looks like it would work really well in place of Landorus though. Thanks!

bump! I took out the other 2 pokemon. Gastrodon seems like a good fix atm, but i'm not totally in love with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)