Sunny Sunny Day Y'all

Hi. It's been a while since I've been on Smogon, so I don't know how much has changed. But here recently, I've made a new Drought team. It's been doing decently, but I'd like for someone outside opinions. Fair warning, though, it's hella weird.

(Lead)
Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Health, 252 Defense, 4 Special Defense
Nature: Impish
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

I chose Sandslash as Lead because he can set up Stealth Rocks, and he's physically bulky enough for me to rely on him to keep up Rapid Spin support. His ability, Sand Rush, also doubles his speed in a Sandstorm, so I can take advantage of my opponents Sandstorm... if they have that, that is. Plus I get the EQ/SE coverage. I tried running Donphan as a lead because Donphan is bulkier and hits harder, but I've found that the Sand Rush ability makes Sandslash that much more useful.

(Sun Setter)
Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Health, 120 Special Defense, 136 Speed
Nature: Calm
-Flamethrower
-Protect
-Substitute
-Hypnosis

The typical defensive Ninetales set. She always forces switches because my opponent wants to set their own weather back up, so I usually Sub on the switch and then Protect to scout my opponent's counter. And then I hope I'm lucky enough for Hypnosis to hit, lol. I'm generally a lucky person, so Hypnosis has done me fairly well. And putting Politoed to sleep has never put me in a bad mood. :P

(Special Sweeper)
Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Health, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Modest
-Sleep Powder
-Growth
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power Fire

Ayeeee, it's a Venusaur. I'm not creative, so I just used the most OP Sun Abuser. Basically just put my opponent to sleep, set up a Growth, and then spam Giga Drain or HP Fire. Giga Drain helps me get back some of that Life Orb recoil and I THINK HP Fire is boosted by the sun. I dunno, though. Someone help me on that? And do you think I should replace HP for Sludge Bomb? I dunno, just some ideas.

(Physical Sweeper)
Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Health, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Adamant
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge
-ExtremeSpeed
-Close Combat

Arcanine is by far my favorite Flash Fire-er. Not only does he act as my Physical Sweeper, he absorbs anyone trying to take advantage of my sun with their own fire moves. Flare Blitz does a shit ton under the Sun plus STAB AND a Flash Fire boost. And no Tyranitar likes to get CC'd. I really like this guy.

(Special Wall)
Snorlax @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Health, 72 Attack, 184 Special Defense
Nature: Adamant
-Return
-Pursuit
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

Here's where my team gets kinda weird. I wanted to try to be original, so I made a kinda offensive defensive Pokemon. Lol, lemme explain. Thick Fat helps me out with absorbing any fire type attacks if Arcanine goes down, and helps me tank any Ice attacks from some Hail team. The weird thing is, this Snorlax is pretty offensive. I run a Choice Band on him to boost his attacks and then run rampant. A lot of Special Sweepers usually switch when they see Snorlax because they immediately think he's gonna wall. That's when a Choice Banded Pursuit ruins their day. A Choice Banded STAB'd Return hurts almost everything, too. Fire Punch can help me fight off any Hail Team Pokemon, and if the sun is up, it get's boosted. And I have Earthquake for coverage. I'm actually pretty happy with this Pokemon, but I'm up for changes.

(Physical Wall)
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Health, 72 Attack, 184 Defense
Nature: Relaxed
-U-Turn
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Roost

I got kinda desperate when I found Gliscor. I was in need of a good Physical Wall and I thought the best would be Gliscor. After a bunch of tries, I think I've got a moveset that actually works. Gliscor and Snorlax work well together (Gliscor sponges the Fighting moves aimed at Snorlax and Snorlax does the same for Gliscor with Ice attacks). Gliscor also is my answer to Excadrill. One thing I like about Gliscor is that it forces switches. Someone sees Gliscor and they're gonna switch because, well, it's Gliscor. Normally, that's when Gliscor would use Substitute and start spamming Swords Dance and go offensive. BUT, I thought it'd be a good idea to U-Turn on the switch so I can safely get in my counter so it's like a double switch plus some damage to the new Pokemon. And Gliscor's attack is high enough to actually do some damage. I dunno, I thought it was pretty cool.

Well, that's my team. What do you guys think? I didn't think I did too bad for my first try at a Sun Team. I usually run a Trick Room team, so a more fast paced team for me is kinda awkward. But please rate and let me know if there's anything I can do or change to make this team better. Thanks!

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
your rmt is untidy and its presentation needs improving so it suits the standard set by the rmt rules. i will give you a chance to lurk around other active rmts to get a feel on how we expect you to display your team.

correct the format, otherwise your thread will be locked.

your rmt is untidy and its presentation needs improving so it suits the standard set by the rmt rules. i will give you a chance to lurk around other active rmts to get a feel on how we expect you to display your team.

correct the format, otherwise your thread will be locked.
Is that better? LOL, so much has changed since I've last got on here. Sorry for seeming like a noob.

Hi. It's been a while since I've been on Smogon, so I don't know how much has changed. But here recently, I've made a new Drought team. It's been doing decently, but I'd like for someone outside opinions. Fair warning, though, it's hella weird.
Ok.

BTW, good luck using 5 instead of 6 Pokemon

(Lead)
Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Health, 252 Defense, 4 Special Defense
Nature: Impish
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

I chose Sandslash as Lead because he can set up Stealth Rocks, and he's physically bulky enough for me to rely on him to keep up Rapid Spin support. His ability, Sand Rush, also doubles his speed in a Sandstorm, so I can take advantage of my opponents Sandstorm... if they have that, that is. Plus I get the EQ/SE coverage. I tried running Donphan as a lead because Donphan is bulkier and hits harder, but I've found that the Sand Rush ability makes Sandslash that much more useful.
Please be aware that the concept of lead is outdated with the introduction of team preview. Of course, no one will stop you from leading with Sandslash every time, but if you have team preview in mind you will perform much better.
(Special Sweeper)
Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Health, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Modest
-Sleep Powder
-Growth
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power Fire

Ayeeee, it's a Venusaur. I'm not creative, so I just used the most OP Sun Abuser. Basically just put my opponent to sleep, set up a Growth, and then spam Giga Drain or HP Fire. Giga Drain helps me get back some of that Life Orb recoil and I THINK HP Fire is boosted by the sun. I dunno, though. Someone help me on that? And do you think I should replace HP for Sludge Bomb? I dunno, just some ideas.
HP fire works great in the sun, I'd definitely keep it.

(Physical Wall)
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Health, 72 Attack, 184 Defense
Nature: Relaxed
-U-Turn
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Roost

I got kinda desperate when I found Gliscor. I was in need of a good Physical Wall and I thought the best would be Gliscor. After a bunch of tries, I think I've got a moveset that actually works. Gliscor and Snorlax work well together (Gliscor sponges the Fighting moves aimed at Snorlax and Snorlax does the same for Gliscor with Ice attacks). Gliscor also is my answer to Excadrill. One thing I like about Gliscor is that it forces switches. Someone sees Gliscor and they're gonna switch because, well, it's Gliscor. Normally, that's when Gliscor would use Substitute and start spamming Swords Dance and go offensive. BUT, I thought it'd be a good idea to U-Turn on the switch so I can safely get in my counter so it's like a double switch plus some damage to the new Pokemon. And Gliscor's attack is high enough to actually do some damage. I dunno, I thought it was pretty cool.
Excadrill is uber as of now, btw.

I suggest you use Donphan over Sandslash as its beter. It has Sturdy, good bulk and has access to Ice shard, Stealth Rock, Rapin Spin and EdgeQuake combo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)