SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two questions:

1) Yesterday, I got a very obviously hacked Crabrawler, but that's not the matter. The matter is one of the ribbons it had - it was a Footprint Ribbon. Does the NPC that hands out that Ribbon even exist in Sun and Moon? I don't remember having seen that one.

2) Is it even worth purchasing one of the Gen VI games given the Pokebank update is close? Or there is nothing worth getting there that I could not simply get on a Wonder Trade or GTS?
The footprint ribbon dude is in the Hotel Grand Resort. The big building beside where you do the Pyukumuku chucking.

Depends on what you want from them. They're decent games like any other Pokémon. It's very much worth noting though that due to Bank they're the only Pokémon games not needed in a transfer chain; you can transfer right from Gen 5 to Gen 7 without needing Gen 6.

How much accuary increase is a +2 in accuary? I thought it would be a x2, but I still get some sings missings after using a X accuary.

Also, what are the spreads a legendary can have for getting HP fire? All I know it can't have 31 in Speed.

Also, what are the spreads a legendary can have for getting HP fire? All I know it can't have 31 in Speed.
HP doesn't matter.
Attack must be an even number if Defense is an odd number.
Defense must be an even number if Attack is an odd number.
(Attack and Defense cannot have both even or odd IVs)
Special Attack must be an even number.
Special Defense must be an odd number.
Speed must be an even number.

In other words, these are all valid IV possibilities for HP Fire on unbreedables:

31/31/XX/XX/31/XX
31/XX/31/XX/31/XX

(Where XX is an even number)

Last edited:
HP doesn't matter.
Attack must be an even number if Defense is an odd number.
Defense must be an even number if Attack is an odd number.
Special Attack must be an even number.
Special Defense must be an odd number.
Speed must be an even number.

In other words, these are all valid IV possibilities for HP Fire on unbreedables:

31/31/XX/XX/31/XX
31/XX/31/XX/31/XX

(Where XX is an even number)
thanks. That means I can use a final gambit instead of false swipe since the HP will always be max, otherwise I need to SR

Wrulfy said:
How much accuary increase is a +2 in accuary? I thought it would be a x2, but I still get some sings missings after using a X accuary.
Accuracy and evasion use a slightly different modifier than the other statistics. At +2 you receive a multiplier of 5/3, so for Sing the modified accuracy will be about 91.67%.

do bubble spots have higher chances of getting the rare item (heart scale/pearl string/bottle cap) or they have the same chance?

does sticky hold (since I can't test now with suction cups but they seem too work the same) affect the item drops, or only removes the chance of no bites? because I think I might be getting more battles that I usually get.

Is there a compiled list for the best EV training spots in Sun/Moon? Working on my in-game team and just wanted to grind a bit.

Is there a compiled list for the best EV training spots in Sun/Moon? Working on my in-game team and just wanted to grind a bit.

Hp - Caterpie ( route 1, 20% encounter rate - 1st two fields of grass east of the player's house )
Atk - Pikipek ( same as above ).
Def - Roggenrola ( 30% encounter rate, Ten Carat Hill)
SpA - Magnemite ( 50% encounter rate, Trainer's School )
SpD - Tentacool ( 40% encounter rate, surfing anywhere)
Spe - Wingul (50% encounter rate, Hau'oli Outskirts - Beachfront )

Not sure if those are the "best" spots but they all have relatively high encounter rates and are accessible very early in the game ( barring tentacool, you can EV chain all others as soon as you're done with the 1st trial ), plus they're all close by so you don't have to use Fly as often if you're in post-game.

Last edited:
Hp - Caterpie ( route 1, 20% encounter rate - 1st two fields of grass east of the player's house )
Atk - Pikipek ( same as above ).
Def - Roggenrola ( 30% encounter rate, Ten Carat Hill)
SpA - Magnemite ( 50% encounter rate, Trainer's School )
SpD - Tentacool ( 40% encounter rate, surfing anywhere)
Spe - Wingul (50% encounter rate, Hau'oli Outskirts - Beachfront )

Not sure if those are the "best" spots but they all have relatively high encounter rates and are accessible very early in the game ( barring tentacool, you can EV chain all others as soon as you're done with the 1st trial ), plus they're all close by so you don't have to use Fly as often if you're in post-game.
Thanks, that's a great start! Though if there are better SOS locations somewhere else in the game--I have up to Poni Island, I'm just waiting for Pokebank to update for my adamant synchroniser-- I would love to hear them too.

Thanks, that's a great start! Though if there are better SOS locations somewhere else in the game--I have up to Poni Island, I'm just waiting for Pokebank to update for my adamant synchroniser-- I would love to hear them too.
If you are looking for Pokemon that give out 2 EVs per stat (Only 7 SOS KOs needed to get 252 EVs if with Pokerus and a Power item), then the following can work, as they can only call the same species:

HP - Gastrodon (Poni Wilds. Be wary about its annoying Muddy Water and Body Slam)
Attack - Trumbeak or Ariados (best on Route 11 as both can be found there. Best at night because Ariados can only be found at that time)
Defense - Pelipper (Pretty much everywhere in late Ula'ula and Poni. Pelipper on Poni have Roost, so chaining can last longer than expected)
Special Attack - Oricorio (best on Melemele Garden due to low level)
Special Defense - Pyukumuku (surfing on Hano Beach or Route 7. Bring enough healing items because of Innards Out)
Speed - Fearow (trees in Route 10)

They don't exactly have the best call rates, though, but it's pretty solid.

If you are looking for Pokemon that give out 2 EVs per stat (Only 7 SOS KOs needed to get 252 EVs if with Pokerus and a Power item), then the following can work, as they can only call the same species:

HP - Gastrodon (Poni Wilds. Be wary about its annoying Muddy Water and Body Slam)
Attack - Trumbeak or Ariados (best on Route 11 as both can be found there. Best at night because Ariados can only be found at that time)
Defense - Pelipper (Pretty much everywhere in late Ula'ula and Poni. Pelipper on Poni have Roost, so chaining can last longer than expected)
Special Attack - Oricorio (best on Melemele Garden due to low level)
Special Defense - Pyukumuku (surfing on Hano Beach or Route 7. Bring enough healing items because of Innards Out)
Speed - Fearow (trees in Route 10)

They don't exactly have the best call rates, though, but it's pretty solid.
using power items, sos battles and pokerus, you get 36 evs per battle against something that gives 1EV and 40 if it gives 2.
you still need 7 battles in both scenarios, 8 if the power item isn't the same IV as the one you're killing.
2 EV pokemon are better for when you're not using power items, or simply giving EVs to a whole party. Aside most 2IV pokemon have horrid call rates

To tack on, Tentacool is a 100% encounter rate as an ambush encounter at Hano Beach. I also prefer Psyduck at Brooklet Hill to Magnemite for SpA (since Magnemite can have Sturdy), and Spearow that drop from the sky on route 3 also work.

I have a question regarding RBY Pokemon with movepool additions due to the upcoming Bank update. For example I will use Machamp with Fissure.

Q. When I transfer a Machamp with Fissure to S/M and breed it; will the Machop have the move Fissure?

I have a question regarding RBY Pokemon with movepool additions due to the upcoming Bank update. For example I will use Machamp with Fissure.

Q. When I transfer a Machamp with Fissure to S/M and breed it; will the Machop have the move Fissure?
Nope. It's not an Egg Move.

Treat Pokemon coming from the Virtual Console games as if they were event Pokemon, and the moves they only get in RBY (such as Reflect Chansey) as event-only moves.

Nope. It's not an Egg Move.

Treat Pokemon coming from the Virtual Console games as if they were event Pokemon, and the moves they only get in RBY (such as Reflect Chansey) as event-only moves.
Thought this would be the case. :(

These Pokemon are going to be a pain for getting the right natures and IIRC a lot of the RBY TMs we're one per game. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)