Summer Freedom Pre-Evolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had a lot of people ask me about pre-evolved pokemon and I finally realized I simply had not devoted enough thought to the matter. Kadabra and pupitar are scary indeed, and haunter isn't bad.

Quite a few people are telling me that it would be an extremely bad idea to allow them, and I'm not quite sure whether I agree or not.

This is a vote, but not a poll because this is only somewhat a democracy and I want actual logic behind votes.

I think they should be allowed, but only for SF and the like.

Who cares if they Rape at first. We'll find counters soon. And if not, then we'll ban them.

w00t! first post!

They might be too good for an unevolved only metagame, but considering people can use stuff like Scizor and Typhlosion and even Gligar it doesn't make sense to even restrict, let alone ban, PUPITAR.

I wouldn not like to see them. UU is a place where we can use the pokemon that don't do well in the rgular (OU) metagame, it would be unfair to use mini tyraniatars/alakazams/gengars/etc instead. Not to mention they would be broken. Haunter has three immunites as well as two 4x resists so it makes an easy switch on cbers. It may not to have the movepool of gengar, but it still has many moves such as w-o-w and bolt/drain. It can still hidden power, too. It can take down all physical walls. If you are desperate, it can shadow abll grumpig, hypno, etc or even explode on them. Pupitar? Dragon Dance? STAB EQ and RS? Normal and Flying Resist? No thanks. There are little phazing attempts. Gligar and Solrock don't like its Rock slides and it can hidden power bug if you want it to. Kadabra is too fast and powerful for uu, imo. It outruns every UU (not counting bls) but persian and electrode. It has monster special special attack and trickband can ruin piggy/hypno.

PokeRealm allows all pre-evos in UU play, except for Chansey and Wynaut.

While we do have stuff like Ursaring, Steelix and Scizor in our UU metagame, I still don't think they would make much of an impact here. Kadabra is easily handled by Lanturn or Hypno.

Pupitar has so many counters that it's not funny.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
why allow them is the better question. I say ban the lot cause I want to see uu pokemon not rip offs of ou.

I fail to see how Lanturn can stop a Kadabra. One calm Mind on the switch, and the next Psychic would do roughly 45-55% (judging from the fact that timid pikachu does 40%ish with hpgrass) also depending on EVs. What does Lanturn do while Kadabra psychics? well it can attack, but won't ko. It could twave, but what if kadabra has lum berry? which is sensible since alot of the uu does sometimes try to incorporate plenty of status in it, therefore lanturn is killed next turn and potentially a sweep. hpdark would also cover hypno, seeing as it can't do much either.

Do away with them please, I dont want to see Kadabra when they could be using Mr Mime. I dont want to see Pupitar when they could be using Golem, Aggron or Cradily. I dont want to see Scyther if they could use Hitomonlee or Primeape.

See the picture? Let SF actually give UU some play because after all thats what the tourny is all about right?

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I agree with the whole thing Warthog said about this tourney being for UU's... don't let unevolved shit in this.

Warthog said:
Do away with them please, I dont want to see Kadabra when they could be using Mr Mime. I dont want to see Pupitar when they could be using Golem, Aggron or Cradily. I dont want to see Scyther if they could use Hitomonlee or Primeape.

See the picture? Let SF actually give UU some play because after all thats what the tourny is all about right?
If Pre-Evos are disallowed, Scyther will still be allowed due to the fact that technically it's a final evolution. Scizor is a kind of add-on evolution. Same goes for onix.

I don't see the logic of banning them.
Who would use them anyway?
Their stats simply aren't as good as fully evolved UU pokes. And Wynaut is hilariously weak, I tried it and it gets 2hkoed easily by a non-CB kangaskhan. I think most people that think they're overpowering haven't even compared the stats. Pupitar is a joke compared to golem, the only reason you'd possibly use it would be for dragon dance. But it needs like 3 of them to sweep succesfully and in that time Golem could've gotten off 3 EQs off his much higher attack. I won't even start on Kabadra. A magikarps fart would OHKO that thing.

So anyway...it doesn't matter, if so many people say they're unfair, then just ban them. It's not like anyone would use them anyway.

NNEM, Scyther is a beast. Swords Dance, Silver Wind, Reversal, Substitute. 339 SPD, 319-350 ATT passing most pokemon not named Crobat, Swellow, Buzz, Manetric. It doesnt even need Salac to sweep.. thats how sad it is because most likly it will be running Liechi.

The only UU Counter being Gligar and the BL being Crobat. Pair this with Cloyster and you have an awesome duo, because Cloyster feeds on these two counters.

Just play SSBM Roy and you will see the power of it. Everyone else would say the same, atleast the ppl from PR.

Um Kadabra 339 Speed and 339 Special attack anyone?
Shegon 289 Attack, 299 Defense, Rock Head Double-Edge makes up for lack of STAB Sala got not to mention Dragon Dance and no clear cut way to OHKO it without boost since its only 2x Ice'd.
Does anyone really want another Mini Sceptile running around UU? Grovyle has 289 speed 269 special, SubSeeding abilities and what not.
Marstomp is basically one Water Absorb away from being way better than Quagsire since it does have roughly better stats.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ban all except scyther imo, kadabra is really really annoying :/ with that speed and sp. atk, otherwise this is just OU - 1 evo stage

man sorry but I will keep this short...

Pre-evos....GTFO seeing as I made this post at 8 in the morning you can see why

i know i've already posted, i'm not trying to double vote.

there is no good reason for banning weaker pokemon than we already have in uu. Top tier uu is far and above whatever most nfes can throw at you, and if people want to get their rocks off by losing with a combusken, i dont see any problem with that. Kadabra (perhaps grovyle, though it has to get up a safe sub, and is still worse than pluff) is the only problem because it's better at what it does than anything else in uu. Pupitar is outclassed by so much, perhaps shelgon would be a worry... but it can't quake like mence, and has no utilizable stab, so all its going to do is get shit on by golem, blastoise, meganium, togepi

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IMO don't allow: Pupitar and Kadabra. Also, perhaps Vigoroth, Grovoyle, Haunter, Shelgon and Scyther. Definately Pupitar and Kadabra, the latter I'm not too bothered about, but would still like to see banned.

Kadabra is my main consern because it outspeeds almost everything in the UU Metagame (Excluding Electrode, Manectric etc.) and has a huge Sp. Atk. If we have this, why would we use other Sp. Atkers?

no. just don't. its easier not to allow them then have to go through and determine which ones are OK and which are too similar to their fully evolved forms. it'll just cause unneccessary conflict.

Just don't, it makes it all too wide, and some UE's are really just OU gimmicks you don't want in UU. Agreeing especially on the Kadabra matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)