Street Fighter X Tekken (and Tekken X Street Fighter)

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Titel: Street fighter X Tekken
Developer: Capcom/Namco
Genre: Fighter
tba
tba
tba

Fresh from the Comic-Con, comes capcom and namco's crossover fighter.
There will be 2 versions, one made by the capcom team under the leadership of yoshinoro ono and one made by the namco team under the leadership of Katsuhiro Harada.
Both developers have had a crossover game before in the form of Namco X Capcom, a Tactics RPG to never be released outside of Japan

the capcom version will obviously be using the SF4 Engine
most likely is that the namco version will be using the Tekken 6 engine (if it is that)

First footage of the SF4 version (albeit very bad quality):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-EBx-MFNw

Edit1:

Official Teaser Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9EpHRdlI3M

Screenshots:

wait, that videos the street fighter version? seemed a whole lot more tekkeny what with the tag tema and the camera and stuff ?_?

either way this is pretty cool

Using the better quality video, can anyone identify the two silhouettes fighting in the background? I'd think they are capcom or namco characters from something. I've always loved the detailed backgrounds in the newer Capcom fighters.

Anyway yea, this looks cool, though fireballs in a 3d engine (if that's really what TxSF will be) sounds pretty crappy. Tekken in a 2d engine seems fine though. Gotta wait for more info before passing judgment of course, but that's something to be wary of.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
They didn't know which engine to make it with, so they are making it with both? When did Tommy Wiseau start making video games?

Looks nice. But I am more a fan of Street Fighters so I think an new Street Fighters without Tekken would be better but this also seems to be very interesting

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They didn't know which engine to make it with, so they are making it with both? When did Tommy Wiseau start making video games?
Uh, they've been doing this for crossovers since the beginning. Capcom vs SNK and SNK vs Capcom. The company developing the game uses their engine.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, but they weren't made simultaneously. First SNK made a portable game, then a year later Capcom vs. SNK came out. They made a sequel a year later, while SNK made the card fighter games. Then in 2003, SNK made SVC chaos. Why would Namco and Capcom make two games that will compete? Especially when the Capcom version is gonna be much better. Nothing against Tekken, but 6 was subpar and it's hard to imagine how projectiles will work in 3d.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They may want to revitalize Tekken with the addition of Street Fighter characters. Tekken's sales have been dropping and Street Fighter is popular again.

Nina has a rape face :(. Copy and paste Capcom...again. I can't wait til they make us pay 5 bucks for each character's alternative costume. I hope Namco makes their own version screw lazy Capcom. Making me pay for things that are already on the dvd. I see alot of free passes since they are doing MvC3...they at least made new models in that game/males look male and females look female...Srsly screw SF4 Plus mega edition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)