Stratagy Pokedex weakness/resistances

I know this has been suggested before (By me)
but it got quite a few positive answers, and no one disliked the idea openly. However, it was never implemented.
The idea is simple, place a weakness chart on each pokemon's page.
say, Heatran.
x4 Fire
x2 Fighting
x2 Water
Etc.
I don't know the best format, So idea's are welcome.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That could be easily implemented either by analysis writers making custom charts, or automatically. I would suggest we do the first until the second is coded.

Agreed. Nearly every other site has this, and it's very annoying to have to keep switching from Smogon over to some bloated site like Bulbapedia just to get that info. We don't need everything that Bulbapedia has (like the full learnsets by generation), but this at least is very useful.

The main argument people seem to have against it is that it's easy to derive. After all, we all know what type is weak to what. But I often want to glance quickly and see, for example, what are Heatran's 4x resistances. It is silly for me to have either to say, "Ok, wait, so Fire resists Grass, Fire, Ice, um, Bug? Or is it just super effective on it? I think it resists it, so, that means..." or just go to Bulbapedia to get the table. There's no reason for it not to be on the analysis page.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think anyone's opposed to it, I think it's a matter of doing it.

I like the idea, to centralize the information. I use a lot smogon when battling via wifi. Specialy the damage calculator.

I second this idea, or third it or whatever. Having to use Serebii or something for this information on some of the more obscure typing combinations (Cradily I'm looking at you) is just plain annoying.

I would suggest a table with columns of Immunities, 4x resists, 2x etc, as this is more competitively relevant than an excessively wide or long table with a list of every type and it's effects on the pokemon. Colour coding could be useful here, by column. Ability dependent types could have a * next to them to easily refer someone to check the ability. Perhaps pokemon with only one ability, or one competitively viable one, should have it by default in the section that ability would place it in (Ie. Shedinja) but those with multiple options (ie. Arcanine) could place the Type in the column of both, or the default one when the ability is absent?

I'd also like to throw up for debate whether the types that hit something neutrally are relevant, as they can be easily derived by scanning the table/chart, or if they should be included for the sake of completeness.

GB_Packers_Ftw

LOOKS LIKE FAVRE GOT SHUT DOWN
yeah this would be great. theres always a couple times im not sure if something is going to be NVE or normal damage this definately could help.

hey marriland has this team builder that shows a whole team's weaknesses and strengths so we might wanna add that in also maybe. but if not, i still totally agree with this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)