Stockpiling!

Stockpiling!

(Need a banner)
by Chopin Alkaninoff

Approved by Eevee General and The Immortal

The idea is based on the move Stockpile, Spit Up, and Swallow. These moves are never used because it waste a turn. Now the players don't have to use these moves.

Rules:
1. Every time a player use a "non-damaging" category move (with exception of Recovery moves), it basically used the move "Stockpile. So the "Stockpile counter" increase by 1. It won't increase if it already have 3 counters.

List of Recovery moves: Recover, Softboiled, Wish, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Synthesis, Rest, Milk Drink, Slack Off, Pain Split

2. Every time the "stockpile counter" increase by 1, it's Def and SpD increase by 1 stage. When the stockpile counter goes down to 0, remove the boosts gained through stockpile counter.

3. Every time the user used any direct damaging move (not from Toxic or Leech Seed), remove all stockpile counters the pokemon has. The more stockpile counter the pokemon has, the more damage the move does.
If the stockpile counter is:
0, the power of the move is x1
1, the power of the move is x1.5
2, the power of the move is x2
3, the power of the move is x2.5

5. Note that if the move miss or fails, the stockpile counters is NOT removed. It stays.

6. Everytime the user used any Recovery move (listed in rule #1), remove all stockpile counter the pokemon has.
If the stockpile counter is
0, recovers the amount of health the original recovery move did, plus 0%
1, recovers the amount of health the original recovery move did, plus 25%
2, recovers the amount of health the original recovery move did, plus 50%
3, recovers the amount of health the original recovery move did, plus 75%

This won't change the base amount if the recovery moves, only adding the amount. So the original recovery moves still recovers 50% of health when the poke has no stockpile counter. It will recover by 75% if it has a counter.

This means non-weather based recovery moves (Softboiled, Recover) recovers full health when the poke have at least 2 counters, but it will remove ALL counters if it used a Recovery move, even if that poke has 3 counters. This also means that Wish passing will recover 125% of the original health if the poke that used Wish has 3 counters. This also means that all weather based moves will recover 100% if it has 3 counter, regardless of the weather.

7. If Sleep Talk select a damaging move, it removes all counters and the move gets the boost based on the amount of counters (unless miss).

8. All failed moves (example Sleep Talk select Rest when asleep) do not raise or remove counters. Parahax, flinches, attraction DO NOT raise a counter. Truant does not raise a counter in the skipping turn. Switch ins do not raise a counter. This explains the first sentence in rule #1.

9. Solar Beam or all moves that have a turn recharges, DO raise a counter in the recharging turn, as long as it has the recharging turn. Then remove all counters in the attacking turn (unless miss).

10. All amount based attacking moves (Metal Burst, Counter, Mirror Coat, Seismic Toss, Night Shade) doesn't increase in damage because it's not power based, but they still remove all counters because they are all attacking moves.

11. If the user used Stockpile, it doesn't raise two counters, only one. Spit Up and Swallow do exactly the same as described, meaning it doesn't get additional damage or recovery amount.

12. All others follow standard OU banlist.

None yet

Question: Should Pain Split be included in "recovery moves?"

I hope this is fun.

Last edited:
Are you able to pass your counters using baton pass?
Uh, I need to test this. If the original Stockpile can, the yes.

Magic Guard users can be a pain to take down. Otherwise, I think this is basically "Fuck you, Offense".
Well, offensive pokes also got the boost. You can basically use Swords Dance then attack next turn. It'll do 2*1.5 = 3 times damage because of Swords Dance and a stockpile boost. Its only for one turn though.

Also stall pokes with recovery moves need to think if it want to recover or not, as using recovery moves removes your counters.

Nice to see that this meta finally got approved. I have a set suggestion

Slowbro @ slowbronite
ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP/252 def/4 in whatever
Bold nature
- scald
- calm mind
- slack off
- filler

With shell armor, this thing is going to become a pain to take down, it also gets insane recovery due to the whole counter aspect and it has a decent offensive presence

Meep Meep, horrible gimmick coming through!

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Defense Curl
- Rollout
- Protect
- Shell Smash

Shell Smash is basically a free +2 Attack, Special Attack, and Speed boost here, as you'll regain more Defense/Special Defense anyway. This means that you could go for something like Cloyster....Or, you could go for a shit gimmick and eventually screw everyone over. The whole point behind this Shuckle is Rollout; Rollout has so crazy power here; Defense Curl can boost it by x2 in one turn (right?), not to mention how painful it would be at +2 & x3. Protect here is an instant x1.5 power boost, so its going on EVERY set. The rest of the set is used to keep Shuckle alive until he can pull it off.

Edit: More sets I see being fun here.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Beedrill basically mega evolves into the biggest battering ram ever: Adaptability+Protect is a deadly combo, as you can easily stall break anything. U-turn makes this even more dangerous, as it doesn't mind the stat drops.The rest of the set is standard.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus seems to be an obnoxious threat to be honest. Despite it's massive Special Attack after a Nasty Plot, it lacks Protect, so it doesn't really seem to be that much. Thunder Wave makes the opponent slow, which provides more setup opportunities, And the rest of the set is self explanatory.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Return
- Protect
- Pursuit

CurseLax, much like the other setup sweepers in this metagame, is very much a threat. Curse is the star of this set; Here, it is effectively a +2 Attack and Defense boost, while only dropping the Speed by -1! Protect, of course, is spam worthy, since everything enjoys that x1.5 boost. Pursuit is to kill ghosts, while Return is STAB.

Also, I feel like you need to do something about CroCune; it's so damn bulky, and it can easily setup to +6 here. Once it is a +6, it will destroy your team instantly. Well, assuming you don't crit, at least.

I do want to mention that Protect is completely overcentralizing. That free x1.5 boost means its literally on every viable offensive set. I would advise that you keep an eye on Protect.

Last edited:
Yeah, Protect is basically free Stockpile boost and almost everyone learns it. But I won't ban anything before it got coded at least.

Also, I forgot to mention this here.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earthquake

Good luck breaking this. I might need to do something with this if it proves to be broken.

interesting to note that this set might actually be viable:

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry/Silk Scarf
-Belly Drum
-Extreme Speed
-Protect
-Shadow Claw

hits at 6x almost every time it attacks

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Christ quick pass is amazing now. Scolipede gets free defense boosts from protect, and +3 def from iron defense, which allows it to survive even talonflame. Shell smash no longer gives def drops, so passers can run something else instead of white herb. Calm mind boosts espeon's stored power by 80 power now, and the defense boosts make it even harder to take down.

SPEAKING OF STORED POWER
Swoobat gets a 180 BP stored power after just one calm mind boost, as well as doubling its shit defenses.

Christ quick pass is amazing now. Scolipede gets free defense boosts from protect, and +3 def from iron defense, which allows it to survive even talonflame. Shell smash no longer gives def drops, so passers can run something else instead of white herb. Calm mind boosts espeon's stored power by 80 power now, and the defense boosts make it even harder to take down.

SPEAKING OF STORED POWER
Swoobat gets a 180 BP stored power after just one calm mind boost, as well as doubling its shit defenses.
Speaking of Stored Power, I was thinking about Espeon earlier today. It isn't bulky, granted, but Work Up gives it Massive boosts. Clefable can easily abuse all the setup with Unaware+Psych Up. Why bother eliminating setup when you can abuse it?

Seems like no one answered this question yet. So I'll ask again.

Question: Should Pain Split be included in "recovery moves?"
Also, will this metagame favor Offense or Stall? Kinda confusing since it boost Stall due to defenses boost, but also boost Offense because it increase the power of the attacking moves.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I have a question. If your status move gets bounced and it hits, who gets the Stockpile boost?

Also I think Pain Split should count as a Recovery move.

The user should be the one who get stockpile boost. Otherwise, I don't wanna see something broken like mega Sableye or Diancie getting 2 stockpile boost in a turn because it uses Calm Mind and a move bounced from Magic Bounce ability.

Edit: for Pain Split... It's actually based on amount of HP, so even if it counts as recovery moves, it won't increase the amount of percentage. That's why I didn't include it as recovery move at first. But I included Rest as a recovery move to nerf something like RestTalk Calm Mind Suicune. That's why I asked that question.

Last edited:

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
I think most playstyles benefit from this meta, interestingly enough. The only playstyle that I see that doesn't benefit as much is hyper offense, which will have a hard time beating down the defense boosts without getting beat down itself. It attacks too often too take advantage of the defense boosts, and the attack boosts aren't really enough to outpush the defense boosts. HO rarely uses non attacking moves as it is, only for sweeps / cleanup / hazard control and stuff like that. The fact that the stacks are consumed makes it even harder. I think the playstyles the benefit the most from this meta would be stall and quickpass. Stall uses status moves extremely often and (usually) attacks rarely, so it can benefit a lot from the defense boosts. Quickpass HUGELY appreciates the free defense boosts and the extra stacks for stored power. And depending on the order the procs are programmed, baton pass itself might even pass stockpile boosts when it's used, as it's a status move o.o

I foresee phazing being very, very good here, at least on things that can afford to take a boosted hit first -- it even goes through Protect! Unless we're talking about Espeon, in which case you should have a Circle Thrower / Dragon Tailer. But that's niche anyways, probably only worthwhile on quickpass.

Although, if we're talking boosted hits, I must point out

Fuck around stalling for a few turns, making yourself unbreakable with defensive boosts, then dropkick the opponent with a Scald/Earthquake that they don't have the defense boosts to tank. Clefable can do the same, especially with the aforementioned Psych Up.

The only playstyle that I see that doesn't benefit as much is hyper offense, which will have a hard time beating down the defense boosts without getting beat down itself. It attacks too often too take advantage of the defense boosts, and the attack boosts aren't really enough to outpush the defense boosts. HO rarely uses non attacking moves as it is, only for sweeps / cleanup / hazard control and stuff like that. The fact that the stacks are consumed makes it even harder.
Possibly, yeah, but I think it's worth taking into account that Protect will be spammed in this meta so much that with some good prediction you can afford to run more setup moves and entry hazards to take advantage of people stalling for boosts. I think that HO will be viable in the hands of a competent player.

First of all, as far as I'm concerned about Pain Split, it should count as an outside move; i.e., it doesn't lose you any counters at all, but it doesn't gain you any counters either. The only other fair way would to have it count as a recovery move when it gains you health, but as a status move when you lose health. Comments?

I think this should be this OMs banner. Lol.

Also, Unaware Pokemon do come at a price; namely, they are very weak in terms of base stats. Clefable won't be tanking those Bullet Punches from Scizor-Mega. Quagsire, well, is Quagsire. He REALLY hates those Giga Drains. Also, Mold Breaker Setup sweepers do exist here. Here are a few examples that leave these Unaware screaming for mercy.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Gyarados mega evolves and sweeps entire teams. I don't think I can make it any simpler. He would be afraid of Mega Beedrill, however.

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
- Protect
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Meet the great and mighty....HAXORUS! He returns to power in this generation! Please note that you can run Dragon Dance or Swords Dance; The choice is yours.

Hawlucha @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Baton Pass
- Roost

And of course, we have a much more gimmicky Moldy, Hawlucha. Mono Swords Dance Hawlucha at that! Basically, you Swords Dance until you see a ghost and then wet your pants Baton Pass to someone who can handle ghost types. With Hawlucha's speed, it could very well happen.

Also, I don't really like Unaware as a method to stop all the setup in the meta, because 1. Mold Breaker exist. 2.Stockpile doesn't simply boost defenses, as it also gives power boosts. My preferred method of stopping all the setup is:

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Agility/Hidden Power Fire

Critdra! And I did just use Copy-Paste from Smogon to bring this here. ._.

First of all, as far as I'm concerned about Pain Split, it should count as an outside move; i.e., it doesn't lose you any counters at all, but it doesn't gain you any counters either. The only other fair way would to have it count as a recovery move when it gains you health, but as a status move when you lose health. Comments?
If it's possible, even though I doubt it. For counting as an outside move thing, no. It's a status move and I must do something with it for consistency.

For the time being, I now list Pain Split as a Recovery move. I'll make changes if necessary.

Only useful for slicing right through the opposing Stockpile defensive boosts. The offensive boost isn't a stat stage modification, and therefore Unaware Pokemon do "care". They only go "I don't care" against stat stages.

This gives us stuff like....

252 SpA Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 142-168 (36 - 42.6%) -- 94.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

is the normal upper limit on a Calm Mind Keldeo vs Clefable, barring running Hydro Pump and still crying. Here, if you Calm Mind three times, you OHKO Clefable if it doesn't give itself any defensive boosts.

Of course, realistically Clefable is putting up its own Cosmic Power if you're spending time going for the offensive boosts, and if I understand this meta correctly that is +2/+2 to its defense. A more probable scenario is replacing Simple Swoobat with Unaware Swoobat and exploding opposing Unaware Pokemon.

252 SpA Swoobat Stored Power (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Clefable: 226-267 (57.3 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

This is after two Calm Minds, ignoring the fact that it will be doubled by the Stockpiling boost. So Swoobat Calm Minds twice, and OHKOs Clefable, full stop, because lol Unaware. Now, Clefable will OHKO right back with Moon Blast after a couple of boosts, but Swoobat is faster and Calm Mind can be replaced with Protect+Substitute, so we get this

252 SpA Swoobat Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 177-208 (44.9 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

after three Substitute/Protect uses total, only it's 2.5 times stronger than that and therefore is an automatic OHKO if Clefable isn't itself abusing Substitute.

Honestly, I expect Roar/Whirlwind to be on everything just to push past Protect and Substitute based shenanigans. Terrakion might actually run Sacred Sword over Close Combat, too, and critmaster builds in general are a lot more relevant to Hyper Offense. Storm Throw and Frost Breath might be worthwhile coverage just to punch through the Stockpiling boosts.

I might add mega Sableye to a possible suspects. It can't be statused, can easily boost its stats with calm mind for instant +2 in Special defense. It doesn't have to worry about its weaker physically defensive side because of Will O Wisp. I see this will be a hell to break.

Edit: nevermind. Substitute Mega Gardevoir can beat it. Clefable can also beat it, because it doesn't care about its boost. Basically the same as OU mega Sableye.

Last edited:

Sableye @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
Prankster
252 HP/4 Dfc/252 SpA
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot

Here's your big massive tank for this meta. Already a threat in OU this becomes insane; every Calm Mind becoming a +1 SpA/+1 Dfc/+2 SpD, and then this just gets boosted even more with Recover or Nasty Plot. Gets off one of these first turn guaranteed with Prankster for a nice and quick defensive boost, then just keeps boosting up and recovering until you need... what, Clefable to deal with this thing? Honestly scary. And of course, Nasty Plot becomes +2 SpA/+1 Dfc/+1 SpD. You could even forego CM for it if you really wanted; I'm kind of surprised no-one brought this up.

Weavile @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Jolly/Adamant Nature
Pressure
252 Atk/4 Dfc/252 Spd
-Punishment
-Knock off
-Ice Shard
-Low Kick/Icicle Crash

The big thing I'm getting at here is the little thing in the first move slot. Punishment. A move pretty much everyone ignores but in a meta where 'mon boost their defences fast, this'll be great on a lot of things that get it, first and foremost a very good offensive threat with STAB on it.

Fucks over just about any Calm Minder or whatever. 20 X 4 = 80, so right off the bat Weavile has a 140 Base Power move to abuse. With STAB this becomes 210 Base Power, and with Choice Band... well, this might just continue it's OU job of being an amazing revenge killer.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
Prankster
252 HP/4 Dfc/252 SpA
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot

Here's your big massive tank for this meta. Already a threat in OU this becomes insane; every Calm Mind becoming a +1 SpA/+1 Dfc/+2 SpD, and then this just gets boosted even more with Recover or Nasty Plot. Gets off one of these first turn guaranteed with Prankster for a nice and quick defensive boost, then just keeps boosting up and recovering until you need... what, Clefable to deal with this thing? Honestly scary. And of course, Nasty Plot becomes +2 SpA/+1 Dfc/+1 SpD. You could even forego CM for it if you really wanted; I'm kind of surprised no-one brought this up.

Weavile @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Jolly/Adamant Nature
Pressure
252 Atk/4 Dfc/252 Spd
-Punishment
-Knock off
-Ice Shard
-Low Kick/Icicle Crash

The big thing I'm getting at here is the little thing in the first move slot. Punishment. A move pretty much everyone ignores but in a meta where 'mon boost their defences fast, this'll be great on a lot of things that get it, first and foremost a very good offensive threat with STAB on it.

Fucks over just about any Calm Minder or whatever. 20 X 4 = 80, so right off the bat Weavile has a 140 Base Power move to abuse. With STAB this becomes 210 Base Power, and with Choice Band... well, this might just continue it's OU job of being an amazing revenge killer.
Sableye was mentioned already. Weavile hates ALL hazards. Not to mention that it is really weak to almost every attack in the game. Not to mention how Unaware doesn't give a fuck about setup, so Weavile's resume goes in the garbage can in this metagame. Punishment in general is iffy, since you might encounter that oddball who's all about sweeping, and actually uses webs offense. Seriously guys, Webs aren't dead!

Also, Mach Punch is a thing. Keep that in mind when your Weavile encounters my Guts Conkeldurr. :)

Yeah I almost put Mega Sableye in potential suspect list, as it gets harder to break with its defenses boosts. For Weavile, I say running something with Protect is more useful than all attacking moves. Choice items are also kind of bad idea in here I think.

Yeah I almost put Mega Sableye in potential suspect list, as it gets harder to break with its defenses boosts. For Weavile, I say running something with Protect is more useful than all attacking moves. Choice items are also kind of bad idea in here I think.
Yeah, I get what you mean. I did put Band purely because you might wanna hit hard and fast before they get another defensive buff.
I brought up Sableye mostly because I didn't see Nasty Plot mentioned. Of course it would be overlooked due to being useless in OU, but this is like the CM set on steroids. Still, I'd just play the meta for a while to see how shit develops

Tested Stockpile + Baton Pass, then the next poke used Spit Up. Yeah. It pass counters to the next poke and Spit Up works, as well as removing counters from the previous pokes. Don't have the replay, though.

And I actually need someone who's kind enough or have time to code this. Too busy with life right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)