Sticky Web Hyperoffense Ft. Rillaboom + Tera Water Dragapult

I think this is a straight forward hyper offense team, just looking to get some advice as to if a mon is sticking out as not belonging, certain matchups that are team breaking, or if there are specific EV spreads I should be using.

The lead. Pretty obvious.
Not sure how I can fill three lines explaining Ribombee.
This mfer has sticky web and ocasionally hits stun spore lmao.
Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sweet Veil
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Sticky Web
- U-turn
- Stun Spore

Stops corv, and people dumb enough to hit rapid spin when it's still alive.
T-wave recover works as a good neutral pivot vs balance or stall teams as well as using it to paralyze and sacrifice to set up for later mons.
Hex cause this guy isn't sticking on the field for very long. 90% of the time i'm hitting t-wave first turn in. This man just isn't fast enough to justify using it as a Nasty plot sweeper, even after a sticky web hits the field.
Gholdengo @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Make It Rain
- Thunder Wave
- Hex

THAT'S A LOTTA DAMAGE!
No but fr grassy seed + Acrobatics is so good in this metagame. There are very few instances where this team is switching in on an attack instead of just revenge KOing and Grassy seed lets rillaboom come in on pretty much any neutral physical attacker and set up. Can function as a lategame sweeper or as an early grassy terrain setup as almost everything benefits from the healing.
Rillaboom @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Acrobatics
- Grassy Glide

This is the mon i'm least sure about. The Fire+Poison typing is really helpful to help deal with fairy types, and tera grass energy ball takes advantage of grassy terrain really well. Choice specs gives it a potential to nuke through most of the metagame.
This thing is quite good as a sweeper as long as sticky web has been allowed to stay on the field, but struggles immensely once it's been taken off.
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Discharge
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Wave

Lando-T often runs choice scarf as speed control but as I have sticky webs i'm not as worried. This also pairs well with Gholdengo as t-wave lets this bad boy come in on pretty much anything neutral to it to set up.
Tera-flying Tera Blast and EQ is my secondary method for dealing with the Elephants if Dragapult dies early.
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Tera Blast
- Stone Edge

Counters both Elephants, can switch in on a Pyro Ball, and also outspeeds Maushold before a tidy up. Can't kill Maushold before Tidy up so you can hit DD and sweep. There aren't enough Psychic types or Ghost types in the metagame to justify running any form of Ghost stab on this man. Psychic Fangs ohko's iron val after DD and Dragon Water Psychic is almost perfect coverage, with Empoleon being the only relevant mon that can wall it.
Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Tera Blast
- Psychic Fangs

Tyvm I appreciate u all

would you like me to rate this? i'm not sure if it even matters as DLC 2 is dropping in a few days... (3 i think)
Yeah wouldn't be posting if I didn't want it rated. I'm almost certain hyper offense teams are going to be the meta for a good bit when the dlc drops so teambuilding beforehand is good practice.

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey, thank you for submitting the team. I'm gonna go ahead and point out some things that are pretty problematic for your team before suggesting some changes:
  • First of all, your team is extremely weak to opposing Dragapult. Most Pult sets nowadays run Clear Body specifically to counter Web teams, so a regular max Speed set would actually end up outspeeding every single one of your mons while threatening KOs left and right. Pult is also one of the most popular mons in this meta (and this won't change with the DLC2), so you will face it pretty frequently. With no Ghost-resists in your team you could literally end up getting 6-0d by a Specs Pult set with Shadow Ball, especially if it uses Tera Ghost to further boost its damage output.
  • Second, you're pretty weak to Cinderace as well. With Court Change, Cinderace threatens to switch your own Sticky Web to your side of the field, suddenly turning the tables of the game. You are also quite vulnerable to it from a defensive standpoint, since Ribombee, Gholdengo, Rillaboom, Lando and Pult all fear either Pyro Ball or a potential burn from Wisp. Even Iron Moth isn't a good answer, since Ace can just U-turn on its face to pivot into another one of your opponent's mons. It also doesn't help the fact that every popular Cinderace set runs Heavy-Duty-Boots, which basically makes your Web irrelevant in the first place against it.
  • Finally, both Heatran and most notably Skeledirge also give you a hard time as well. While the former can get threatened by Tera Water Pult + Lando, the latter actually threatens your team in a similar way to Cinderace, by spreading Burns with Wisp, using a STAB Fire move and also ignoring all of your Set Up mons' boosts due to Unaware. Furthermore, Skeledirge can potentially just sit on your Pult and Lando since it could simply Tera into a Fairy type and burn both of them. Heatran, on the other hand, has a really good matchup against Gholdengo, Iron Moth, Rillaboom and obviously Ribombee, and it can completely wall them with a simple SpDef set.
Considering this premise, this is how I would change the team without being too excessive and while still keeping your main Rilla+Pult strategy:

Big changes

:landorus-therian: ---> :kingambit:

As I said above, your weakness against opposing Dragapult is quite important. The first and most substantial change to address this problem is swapping Lando-T with Kingambit. Gambit is by far one of the best answers to Pult in the current meta, being able to tank both of its STABs and threaten it back with priority Sucker Punch. It's also an incredibly good addition to Web teams, as it can threaten more effectively a vastitude of mons that would otherwise outspeed it, such as Tusk, Gholdengo, Rillaboom, Samurott-H and potentially other Max Speed Gambits.

:kingambit:
Kingambit @ Lum Berry/Air Balloon
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Tera Blast
- Sucker Punch

This is a pretty standard set, with Max Atk and Max Speed to optimize its offensive potential with Webs. With Tera Fairy and Tera Blast, Gambit can plow through opposing teams after a single Swords Dance, picking up KOs against Tusk, Dragonite, Garchomp, Iron Valiant and Gren, which might not expect the sudden Tera. Gambit also obviously offers you a solid answer against common Ghost threats like the aforementioned Pult and Gholdengo, and it also functions as a great Revenge-Killer thanks to Sucker Punch. With Lum Berry, Gambit can also dismiss Wisp attempts from the likes of Dragapult, Cinderace and Skeledirge, potentially KOing them in that same turn or afterwards with Sucker.

---
:iron-moth:
Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 124 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

While your Specs set isn't bad, especially as a Wallbreaker, I strongly believe that this Iron Moth fits best in your team as a potential Sweeper, Revenge-Killer of Heavy-Duty-Boots/Clear Body users or as an actual defensive tool against Cinderace. Your Moth set, in fact, was vulnerable to U-turn pivots from Ace, which could just switch into a partner with a better matchup against your offensive threat; with this set, on the other hand, you can take advantage of Cinderace by simply using Substitute to become even more threatening to your opponent's team, or you can simply damage it with Sludge Wave to potentially KO it later. Iron Moth with Booster Energy is also very good against opposing Web teams and Dragapult, being your second main answer to it and being able to OHKO it with Dazzling Gleam after it Teras into a Fairy-type. As a suggestion, don't lead with Ribombee against teams with Ace in it, and instead keep your Moth around to continuously check/threaten it. After dealing with it you can focus on your regular strategy with your other mons.

---
:gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 148 HP / 144 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Psyshock

Once again, your set isn't bad but it doesn't make the most of your team. You don't really need T-wave when you already have Sticky Web as your main Speed control tool, and you could take advantage of said Web to turn Dengo into a powerful Wallbreaker able to outspeed plenty of common mons. Gholdengo also offers great resistances for common threats such as Valiant (which could still outspeed you with Webs up thanks to its Booster Energy), Zamazenta (same thing, it could outspeed you if it runs Heavy-Duty-Booyts) and a bunch of Stall mons. This set also helps to replace Iron Moth's Wallbreaking role in your team, with Nasty Plot to boost its SpA and 3 attacks to break through almost anything. In particular, this Gholdengo is by far your best answer against Stall teams, so keep this in mind. With Air Balloon/Tera Flying you can Set Up against opposing Clodsire/Ting-Lu's without needing to worry about any of their moves (since you become immune to EQ), and with Psyshock you can obliterate opposing Blissey, giving you the chance to sweep through the rest of their team. Besides Stall, Dengo is still an amazing Wallbreaker that has the chance to outspeed almost everything with 216 Speed EVs and Sticky Web, apart from Valiant and Zamazenta (against whom you have a good matchup anyways).

Small changes

:ribombee:
Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Sticky Web
- U-turn
- Stun Spore

Not much of a change honestly, but you should run Tera Ghost just in case you face potential lead Spinners that may try to get rid of your Web. Also:
Ignoring spore is more valuable. It's a sacrifice lead so not being able to deal chip damage or stun spore is way more valuable than dodging a Para or a stat drop or whatever.
I feel like ignoring Flinches/Fake Out that can break your Sash is actually way more valuable than a potential Spore. And from whom are you fearing it anyways? Amoonguss, which you outspeed and you can simply U-turn on to get your Dengo in?

This is my take on your team, so I hope I could help you somehow. Have fun on the ladder!
Here's the link to the PokePaste: https://pokepast.es/329320fb3601158c

Last edited:

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
I feel like ignoring Flinches/Fake Out that can break your Sash is actually way more valuable than a potential Spore. And from whom are you fearing it anyways? Amoonguss, which you outspeed and you can simply U-turn on to get your Dengo in?
That's what I was thinking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)