SS UU Steamed Oysters (Sun Hyper Offense)

STEAMED OYSTERS
1575426950547.png

ABOUT ME
Hey , its the LordJet with probably my first real RMT since the old days of Serebii forums and PO. I haven't been active in tournaments since Gen 5 but I have always kept myself knowledgeable of the meta game of most tiers, but this Gen really makes me want to shake off the rust and begin climbing the ladder once again. Historically I've hated the UU Tier it has always been way to defensive and slow paced for my taste, but with Showdown now having UU as a playable tier, it seems UU has become substantially more aggro. With this new found interest in actually playing more often i present to all of you...

THE TEAM
1575428335450.png
1575428089277.png
1575428337574.png

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Spikes
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast​
The pokemon I've decided to build a team around, mainly due to it being a very powerful lead with spikes and its access to Shell Smash. The Set is fairly standard Shell Smash , Spikes , Icicle Spear and Rock Blast. I've Opt to run Rock Blast over Liquidation so i can hit pokemon like Jellicent and Araquanid Etc, basically bulky waters that want to switch into Cloyster. In certain situation you will not want to lead with Cloyster so he then can become a potent late game sweeper.
1575428363465.png
1575428117365.png
1575428365621.png

Espeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind​
Espeon does wonders on a team such as this. Just seeing Espeon can make someone think twice before setting up hazards, or trying to status my pokemon. The set is meant to punish pokemon like Hippowdon who if physically defensive will get OHKO'd by Life Orb Boosted Grass Knot. Shadow Ball is just decent coverage so you do not get completely walled by every Steel Type pokemon that exist, with the deletion of Hidden Power from the game you are forced to run this. Calm Mind allows Espeon to soften and deal crucial damage to the opponents team or straight up just Sweep Them.

1575428395543.png
1575428152284.png
1575428397379.png

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Encore​
The main weather starter for the team. Ninetales ev spread just allows it to get a quick WoW on slower pokemon and live some hits. Roar isn't as strong as it use to be due to Dynamax but predicting someone to try set up freely in front of Ninetales in comes up ... also in the same vein Encore accomplishes the same function , locking non Dynamax pokemon into moves such as Spikes, Stealth Rocks Etc. I Prefer to run Ninetales over Torkoal mainly due to the fact Ninetales is easier to fodder and has a bit more utility to stop yourself from being swept.

1575428482998.png

Charizard @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast​
Our main Dynamax abuser, Solar Power Modest Charizard...IN TIMBS. This set is as simple as it gets, brings Zard in with the hot steaming sun out and blow something up. The set features 4 attacks, Hurricane for +1 Speed In Dynamax , Fire Blast to set the sun back up in Dynamax, and Solarbeam and Focus Blast for coverage. With the introduction to TIMBS into Sword and Shield pokemon who once loathed the thought of coming in on to Stealth Rocks now do not have to rely on a spinner or defogger to support them.
1575428511336.png
1575428223012.png
1575428512954.png

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Solar Blade
- Throat Chop​
Sun abuser and potential secondary Dynamax abuser physical Shiftry. I've been testing Shiftry since Sword and Shield became playable on Showdown , but the OU Meta just isnt the place for out little guy here. UU with less powerful pokemon allows Shiftry to shine just a bit more with less weather wars. Recent change I've made before posting this RMT is changing it's nature from Jolly to Adamant. The speed threshold this pokemon has to hit is far lower so jolly is not needed and now with Adamant it now can secure more kills with it's stab moves. I don't need to explain Sucker Punch and Throat Chop, but i will explain Solar Blade. Solar Blade is the best physically based grass move at base 125 not running this on a sun team will be criminal.

1575428529908.png
1575428245911.png
1575428531469.png

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head/Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance​
Finally Doublade . A UU staple since release, I'm Mainly using him to counter physical dragon types, fighting types without access to Knock Off, and to give my team more priority with shadow sneak. I believe this pokemon should be staple on any serious UU team , it is very strong , very tanky , and is just an overall great filler. The set is 100% standard, Gen 8 has blessed him with Close Combat to hit normal and steel types harder than sacred sword, and Swords Dance also makes this pokemon a capable late game sweeper.

Conclusion
This Team is Hyper Offense so you must be able to THROW AWAY pokemon at the right time, switch aggressively and know your win condition within team preview and play accordingly . If you treat and use this team passively you will be punished in battle and LOSE!

Pokemon to watch out for that threaten this team:
Inteleon
Coalossol
Cloyster
Mamoswine
Weavile

Replay
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1022137941
it seems i havnt saved many replays but here i guess , hahaha yikes... but yea literally every game basically goes like that.

Importable: https://pokepast.es/15e45ade20e985fe

1575431845764.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)