Gen 5 Steamed Clams - SpecialCloy Hyper Offense

Cloyster ./ico-a_old_091.gif
Steamed Clams
#149 Dragonite

:bw/cloyster: :bw/garchomp: :bw/breloom: :bw/scizor: :bw/starmie: :bw/dragonite:
Hello (for the third time)! This team emerged from one of my tutoring sessions with Monai (Goat thanks for everything). Mixed Cloy has become one of my favorite sets to use, and with the Cloyster suspect now underway, I would like to share my possible final attempt at a Cloyster team.
:bw/garchomp: Garchomp :bw/Garchomp:
The Saga Begins (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance​
Garchomp with Focus Sash helps act as an excellent lead, and because of its great speed which outruns base 100s like Jirachi and Tentacruel, which lets it set up a swords dance or get rocks without instantly dying to strong attacks. Max speed and Attack are best to maximize offensive potential, and the Dragon Ground stab combo hits everything except air balloon steels and Bronzong and Skarmory. I like to lead this against most sand teams, as Gliscor and Lando are easy targets to get hazards up, and Tyranitar lead lets me set rocks and attack because Chomp is faster than the standard Chople Tar.
#445 Garchomp

:bw/breloom: Breloom :bw/breloom:
Yoda (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Low Sweep
- Swords Dance​
Mushroom man gives us a fantastic tool in order to deal with pesky Skarm-Jelli Teams, as the stab combo OHKOs Skarmory after some chip damage, and can also gives us a priority tool against faster mons like Terrakion and Mamoswine. Breloom uses Life Orb to maximize its damage output, allowing it to secure clean kills on targets like Skarmory and Tentacruel. Bullet Seed is boosted by Technician, and it allows Breloom to hit Jellicent, Tentacruel, and Hippowdon. Low Sweep is the spammable STAB Move, and it also deters Latios and Dragonite from switching in, as the speed drop allows Chomp to outspeed non-ScarfTios and Dragonite after a Dragon dance.
#445 Garchomp
Breloom ./ico-a_old_286.gif

:bw/Cloyster: Cloyster :bw/cloyster:
Amish Paradise (Cloyster) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 180 Atk / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Rash Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shell Smash​
Cloyster, AKA Council enemy #1, and for good reason. Shell Smash boosts speed and both attacking stats, allowing Cloyster to end games with ease. This particular Cloyster set was given to me by Triple Axel Blaze and Chomp29 (Thank you both!). 76 EVs outspeed +1 Adamant Dragonite after a Shell Smash. Max Special attack is to maximize the suprise factor, and blow Keldeo and Skarmory to bits. Icicle spear is still strong enough to OHKO most super effective attackers and break Sash against Alakazam.
#445 Garchomp

:bw/starmie: Starmie :bw/starmie:
Can't Watch This (Starmie) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt​
Starmie gives spin, and with it's great speed tier, it can outpace and blow up Dragonite, Garchomp, and Volcarona faster than Fakes can say "Oh look, a Special cloy team by Mario." Rapid spin keeps hazards away, which lets Chomp keep sash and Dragonite keep Multiscale. Hydro pump is to chunk Tar and Hippo as well as a bunch of other Super effective threats. BoltBeam handles both Skarm-Jelli and the fast Dragons. Analytic is used to maximize offensive potential, and air balloon is so Starmie does not get chunked by spikes.
#445 Garchomp
Starmie ./ico-a_old_121.gif

:bw/scizor: Scizor :bw/scizor:
Trigger Happy (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance​
Scizor is yet another priority user that can blow past Alakazam and Latios, and Swords dance lets it threaten most of the Metagame. Bullet punch is the main stab move to hit Ice and Rock types like Tyranitar and Kyurem-Black who would otherwise cripple it with Fusion Bolt and Thunder Wave respectively. Superpower hits Ferrothorn and Excadrill as well as hitting Bronzong for good damage. Quick attack is to provide a revenge killer that can blow past Tentacruel, and hits targets that resist bullet punch. Swords dance is to add an extra kick to attacks.
#445 Garchomp
Scizor ./ico-a_old_212.gif

:Bw/dragonite: Dragonite :bw/dragonite:
Ebay (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed​
Dragonite gives us a Volcarona check, as well as another mon to threaten Ferrothorn and Skarmory. Dragonite can clean up teams with ease, and Dragon dance with Multiscale allows it to do so. Max attack lets it be as threatening as possible, and Fire punch hits the previously mentioned Ferrothorn and Skarmory. Outrage is the stab move to spam, and works perfectly with Lum berry, letting it block Burn, Paralysis, and spam Outrages without confusion. Extreme speed is to snipe faster targets like Latios after a boost.
#445 Garchomp
Scizor ./ico-a_old_212.gif
#149 Dragonite

https://pokepast.es/f53c3234160db49b
:keldeo:
Keldeo is a massive pain to this team, as once rain gets up, its stab moves can wipe out some of our mons, and depending on the Hidden power it uses, it can clean Dragonite or Starmie respectively.
:volcarona:
even though we have Dragonite, volcarona can still blow past this team once its chipped. priority and multiple faster mons does help a little though.
Weird Al parodies, my dad used to listen to them with me.

Last edited:

dawn to the dusk

during the tough day
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi coming later, this team is very similar to smurf,but when u change volcar to cloy, u will find that u got no will-o-wisp immu especially u let scizor take qa and superpower, so the thing that needs to be changed most is that you face jellicent's mu, my suggestion is this
scizor‘s item
>
and theif > bullet punch.
Opp's suicide Aerodactyl will kinda annoying and how about this
Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Earthquake
I believe this oblivious suicide lead will let u more eazy to against common lead like garchomp and taunt lead aerodactyl, the last thing is how to face scarf jirachi, yeah this is another big problem and i suggest that makes the scizor bulky so that u dont need change more. Hope u like it buddy!

Lead mamoswine seems interesting, and the thief idea on scizor feels cool. The one problem I have is bullet punch being swapped out. If I have enough tools against tenta and others, then shouldn’t I replace qa with thief?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)