1v1 START OF YOUR ENDING - The Month One SV 1v1 Team [OBSOLETE]

1670712655170.png1670712560471.png1670712706948.png1670712574909.png1670712743678.png1670712600141.png
click on the mons to access the paste
With SV 1v1 reaching a more stabilized state, I thought it'd be a good idea to post a team that has already been spammed to the ends of earth.

Team History
As it happens when every new gen drops, chaos ensues. Everyone is excited to play Gen 9 on drop, and I'm no exception, I instantly hop on the ladder and spend a good amount of time trying out all the new stuff. After Terastal gets banned, Mimikyu goes, Custap Berry gets shot and Scream Tail is booted out of the tier, people start to really understand who's good and who sucks, what works and what doesn't, and new tech gets discovered by the minute. Debate and discussion ensue, sets get thrown out and called bad, but in the midst of this, there's no time to just sit around and wait! SIGMA OVERLOAD LADDER TOURNAMENT HAS COMMENCED! If I don't hurry up and make a good team, I won't have any chance to qualify. With the quick notice that the metagame has a severe lack of good Dragon types that dominate it, I go back to the one tried and true 1v1 core: Fire Water Grass. I open my builder, and here they come:

1670712655170.png
1670713904853.png
1670714027969.png

CATWOMAN (Meowscarada) @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Giga Impact

My favorite starter of this generation, somehow underrated as hell until release and even after, but boy does it hit hard. Barely seen during early ladder due to Terastalization ruining its niche, but after the ban, the cat can go absolutely rampant, with Protean, great coverage and incredibly strong nukes allowing it to OHKO mons left and right. This Pokemon works as simply as it looks: if the opposing Pokemon is weak to one of its moves, it's probably already dead; if it isn't? Good luck surviving that Giga Impact. Pokemon like Gholdengo, Annihilape, Azumarill, Dondozo, Sableye melt from super-effective stabs, but even Pokemon like Chi-Yu and Iron Moth can be blown back by an insanely strong Impact. That said, this Pokemon is not without counters: Faster Pokemon like Flutter Mane and Dragapult threaten it quite considerably, mons like Sylveon and Corviknight can easily live its attacks and win the 1v1, and even guys like Ting-Lu and Iron Hands can just raw tank a super-effective attack and OHKO right back.

1670712706948.png
1670714793775.png
1670715610680.png

THE DEEP (Azumarill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Charm
- Icy Wind
- Rest
- Amnesia

As one of the only Water-types and few Fairy-types left in SV, Azumarill was obviously gonna see the spotlight. But beyond every exceptation this guy seemed to be on every team. And abusing the fact that basically everyone was running offensive sets with Assault Vest or Life Orb, I started running the low-key stronger Stall set. With Sap Sipper, great movepool and an amazing defensive typing, this mon's potential was crazy, especially with its ability to bait in a lot of grass types like opposing Meowscarada, Breloom and Brute Bonnet and completely shut them down. Don't be fooled by the simplicity of the EVs, they are as optimized as they come. Any special attacker you beat, like most Chi-Yu and Dragapult, are already beaten by the sheer typing, so all investment goes into beating physical attackers. Pokemon like Arcanine, Great Tusk, Chien-Pao get completely walled and struggle to death. Leftovers is a necessary addition to help with certain rolls like Modest Specs Chi-Yu but also to give it enough longevity and avoid having to Rest. This gives us better counterplay vs critical hits and also helps preserve Rest PP.

1670712743678.png
1670716409099.png
1670716465618.png

HEATBLAST (Skeledirge) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Yawn
- Hex
- Torch Song
- Protect

At last we find Skeledirge, the modern day gifted child of 1v1. Started off as S tier contender thanks to Terastal and Custap Berry, but as both of these sneaked out the backdoor, Skeledirge finds itself stuck with Wisp and Yawn sets, still very good and respectable sets in their own right. I adopted for a Max Special Defense Unaware Yawn Weakness Policy set for this team. The combination of Unaware and Weakness Policy and such a good bulk makes this set an unsupervised hydrogen bomb ready to blow up in your face. Yawn allows skeledirge to get a free wp proc and also powers up its Hex to a 130 BP nuke. Torch Song is one of the best signature moves of all time and it synergizes perfectly with Yawn due to how easily it is to snowball special attack while opponent is asleep, and also the fact that it bypasses Substitute, allowing you to still win even if you carelessly Yawn t1 on Sub users. The Special Defense is incredibly useful, and allows to tank mons like Flutter Mane and Dragapult, which the team would otherwise struggle against. Skeledirge rounds the team up nicely by covering big weaknesses like Corviknight and Sylveon that the other 2 Pokemon don't beat.

THREATS
As with every team, and especially early gen team, you simply cannot beat them all; here's a list of all the Pokemon this team struggles against

:iron-bundle: Big fella is fast and hits everyone super effectively. Specs or Modest Booster leave you hoping that Skeledirge has good Luck IVs and dodges Hydro Pump

:ting-lu: a well crafted Ting Lu set can be a real headscratcher. This Pokemon's stats, ability and movepool allow it to tank and OHKO Meowscarada with Weakness Policy, Taunt Azumarill and kill it with +2 attacks after an Icy Wind, and Taunt Skeledirge and easily 1v1 it.

:donphan: with the ability Sturdy, high attack, and perfect coverage, donphan can OHKO each mon on the team, effectively leaving Gunk Shot miss as the only counterplay

Possible changes
- Meowscarada can run an Adamant nature for extra damage, Sucker Punch for Dragapult, or Trick to surprise certain Stall mons like Azumarill and Corviknight
- Azumarill can run Bulldoze, in the form of a speed control move that doesnt proc Ting-Lu's Weakness Policy
- Skeledirge can run a Passho Berry to try and remove the Iron Bundle weakness

s/o The Tripster for the idea of an RMT and for the format i mostly stole, I'm gonna leave his own RMT here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)