Staller Baller

Staller Baller
(In the words of Wiz, "Uh huh, you know what it is.")

Introduction
Hello everyone! I'm Incon (clearly) and this is my first RMT. Woot Woot! Anyway, i have been playing Pokemon my whole entire life and just recently started battling competively. I can still remember the days in second grade when my life goal was to essentially "catch them all." On a side note, second graders can be malicious, evil fiends especially when they trick you into deleting your game, thus erasing all your hard work and crushing your dreams, when you only have a couple pokemon left in the Pokemon Silver Natl. Dex. Damn my second grade classmates. Now back on topic! I started out playing OU. I played it for about a week and I was tired of it. Same pokes, same movesets, same strategy. It was boring. So perused the other tiers and came upon ru and nu. Both tiers i love with a burning passion. Ive been trying to be more active in the forums and irc, however i dont know anyone nor do i know what to say so please excuse my random and awkward posts lol. With the help of a member i met on the smogon server of PO (Lukeplots...thank you!), we made this team. Because this is basically my first team ever, it was pretty successful by my standards. I was ranked pretty high on the nu ladder before the resets. The strategy is stall, albeit one of the hardest strategies in the tier due to hard hitters such as magmortar, etc. Of course when we were creating this, i did not know. Still, this team proved effective and it holds a place close to my heart, as it was my first succesful team.
Overview
In Depth

Ole Bessy (Miltank) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Milk Drink
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam

Miltank or Ole Bessy as i like to call her is a top notch special wall. Her ability gives her pseudo resistences to fire and ice, allowing me to switch in on pokes such as magmortar and charizard who threaten my team with strong, unresisted fire attacks and set up a stealth rock. However, she must watch out for Mag's focus blast (miss). Miltank is also an awesome check to Cryogonal. It can shake off Cryo's ice beams and heal bell off toxic, as well as ko with body slam. If the event occurs in which Cryo rapid spins, i can switch in to Bessy, threaten it with body slam and proceed to set up my rocks again, which is very nice indeed. She can produce her own milk so she has a large supply, allowing her to heal back any damage that she might have taken with milk drink.

Cellulite (Duosion) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover

Cellulite is as scary on the battlefield as he is on women's legs! Duosion is a premier physical tank allowing it to take non super effective moves with ease. After a few calm minds and this poke opens a can of whoop ass. This is a great counter to the ever so common (although falling in usage) Sawk, as it virtually can't touch it, while i can fire off a psyshock or proceed to set up with calm mind. Magic guard is very useful as i dont take any hazard damage or status damage. Para can be quite annoying but im so slow it usually doesnt matter. Recover heals off any damage. I basically love him. He sweeps teams with a few calm minds. However, he must watch out for absol. Unless boosted or banded, Absol cannot Ohko at full health, allowing me to get off an hp fighting, which either ko's or brings it down really low. Overall Duo is a beautiful poke no matter how ugly its name is.

Giggity Goo (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Scald
As the great Quagmire from Family Guy once said "Giggity Giggity Goo." It just so happens that that is all i hear when this fellah comes into battle cuz he all "giggity goo on yoo." I know, I know... lame. On topic, Quagsire is the best check to boosters. It walls shellsmashers that don't carry hp grass (which is becoming more common due to the awesomeness of King Derpy), as well as SD Absol which is a threat to my team in general. It is able to tank physical hits, fire off scalds(possibly inflicting burn - my luck it doesnt), and recover off any damage taken. Quags is one of my fave pokes on the this team and a reliable mon to stop boosters in their tracks. Giggity Goo indeed Quagmire, Giggity Goo indeed.

Weezer (Weezing) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split

Oh, Say it aint so that i'm being sent to an Island in the Sun because My Name is Jonas and i live in Beverly Hills (Weezer reference woot). Anyway, another check to sawk as well as torterra. I can fire off a WoW to cripple their physical prowess and hit with sludge bomb for high damage on the latter. Pain split is basically for longevity, as it is kind of hard to keep alive. Weakest poke on the team at the moment.

Ben Dover (Throh) (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Guts
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Payback
- Bulk Up
Ben Dover does one thing and one thing only; makes you bend over. Seriously, i bend over just thinking about this getting ready for the ass beating of my life. It is basically the inverse of Duosion. Because of lack other recovery, i use chesto rest. This certainly pisses people off because of the hard time people have taking it down. It can take a psychic and counter with a payback for an Ohko ( depending on the pokemon) and phaze with circle throw.

Hookah (Musharna) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Moonlight
- Energy Ball
Musharna is a beastly special defensive wall and i honestly dont know why its not in higher tiers. This set is only 3hko by Magmortar's powerful fireblast which allows me to set up a trick room or moonlight the damage off. My psychic in turn 3hko's him so Mushy is a reliable counter to him. Energy Ball is for the unsuspecting Quags ,as energy ball isnt that common on Musha. She is truly a baller.
Threats
Magmortar - Once Musharna is gone, it can do a large chunk to my team with fire blast and to Miltank with focus blast.

Absol and Skuntank - If Quags is dead, these can do a huge chunk to my team. I have to watch out for the sucker punches and pursuits and predict effectively to get around these two.

Im sure there a more threats and counters to my team, but im a noob and cant think of any. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed!

Ole Bessy (Miltank) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Thick Fat
- Milk Drink
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam

Giggity Goo (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Scald

Cellulite (Duosion) (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover

Ben Dover! (Throh) (M) @ Chesto Berry
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Payback
- Bulk Up

Hookah (Musharna) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Moonlight
- Energy Ball

Weezer (Weezing) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split

INCON OUT!

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Replacing Throh with Gurdurr will help deal with your Absol / Skuntank problem. It has enough physical bulk to withstand multiple attacks from both and can break them down with Drain Punch.

Gurdurr (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge

I also would suggest swapping out Musharna for something else that can take care of Magmortar since Mushy is reather redundant with Duosion. Specially Defensive Flareon could work in this spot as a solid counter to variants of Magmortar without Earthquake. However, this is up to you as it may open up a potential weakness to water type attacks.

Flareon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
- Wish
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Toxic / Roar

Good luck with the team!

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Hey there Incon! Nice team but I have a few suggestions that might help you out! So lets get this started shall we? Now first off, you say Weezing is the weakest link for you atm and I agree. I'm going to suggest that you use a Frillish over Weezing. (I'll include the set(s) at the end). Now even though Frillish has a fighting immunity its defense is pitiful so it won't appreciate a Stone Edge to the face. The only reason I'm suggesting this over Misdreavus is because Frillish BEATS Cryogonal. This is huge for stall teams. Being able to repeatedly switch in to spin-block is fantastic for stall teams. And since you have Heal Bell on two mons and Garbodor, Toxic shouldn't be a problem. Also Frillish handles Gorebyss pretty well and also handles Magmortar pretty easily.

Secondly I dont really see what Musharna is doing for you. Trick room really doesn't do much for your team and looks kinda awkward. It looks to me like you are using it as a special wall and I think that a Lickilicky would benefit you more. You lose a fighting resist but in turn you gain a better special wall overall, a cleric, and a wish passer. Licky also can run Dragon Tail to phaze out sweepers and provide a good check to Baton Pass.

Thirdly I suggest using a Garbodor over your Throh. Throh really doesnt look like its doing all that much for your team and I think Garbodor would fit better. It gives you T-Spikes which is incredibly useful for a stall team and also soaks up T-Spikes on the switch in. It also gives you an Absol check.

And just a minor thing but run HP Bug over HP Fighting on Duosion. You still hit Absol and Skuntank but now you hit Exeggutor for super-effective damage as well.

You can also add a Bastiodon over your Miltank to provide Stealth Rock if you find that Magmortar isnt an issue anymore since Licky and Frillish can pretty much handle any special attacker between the two of them. I'll include his set below as well!

I also wanted to add a Cryogonal to spin away hazards and help with tanking Gorebyss and other strong special attackers but I feel like I've changed a lot already and I think if you were having problems with hazards you would've said so but keep that Cryo in mind if hazards become an issue! These changes make you slightly weaker to Torterra but I think it helps with your Magmortar issue and other small issues.

Hope that helped! And good luck! Sets are below

Garbodor (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Stench
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Clear Smog
- Gunk Shot

Frillish (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SDef
- Night Shade
- Recover
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp

Lickilicky (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 SDef
- Wish
- Protect
- Body Slam/Heal Bell
- Dragon Tail

Duosion (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Recover

Bastiodon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
- Magic Coat

Thanks for the suggestions!

I also would suggest swapping out Musharna for something else that can take care of Magmortar since Mushy is reather redundant with Duosion. Specially Defensive Flareon could work in this spot as a solid counter to variants of Magmortar without Earthquake. However, this is up to you as it may open up a potential weakness to water type attacks.
- flareon really intrigues me and i will definAtely test that out.

I'm going to suggest that you use a Frillish over Weezing. (I'll include the set(s) at the end). Now even though Frillish has a fighting immunity its defense is pitiful so it won't appreciate a Stone Edge to the face. The only reason I'm suggesting this over Misdreavus is because Frillish BEATS Cryogonal. This is huge for stall teams. Being able to repeatedly switch in to spin-block is fantastic for stall teams. And since you have Heal Bell on two mons and Garbodor, Toxic shouldn't be a problem. Also Frillish handles Gorebyss pretty well and also handles Magmortar pretty easily.

I think that a Lickilicky would benefit you more. You lose a fighting resist but in turn you gain a better special wall overall, a cleric, and a wish passer. Licky also can run Dragon Tail to phaze out sweepers and provide a good check to Baton Pass.
Wow, thanks for the great rate. Frillish is a great idea for weezing. Definately trying it out. Lickylicky also seems like a better option for musharna. I would be able to wish allowing for longevity. Also, as soon as i wrote this i thought of hp bug

Thanks for the feedback!

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, a slightly offensively focused stall team without Toxic Spikes/Spikes? Interesting...

The first this I noticed was that Choice Band Braviary will destroy you immediately. You have absolutely no reliable switch-in to it, and even Weezing will be 2HKO by Brave Bird. I'll try to not completely change your team (no offense MMF :) ), but this team is unwieldy. Your defenses aren't high enough to wall the stronger attackers of the tier, and you have no way to mitigate residual damage on most of your Pokemon. MMF's suggestions of Bastiodon and Lickilicky are very good ones that i also recommend. While truthfully I also agree with his other suggestions, I feel that these two are the main suggestions you NEED to actually create a stall core. It wouldn't hurt to ahve a way to handle Duosion as well as a win-condition strategy like residual damage with phazing.

In all honesty, I would call your current team a bulky offensive team, since you seem to rely on offensive moves to deplete your opponent's HP. If that is the case, Gurdurr would be much better than Throh, since you have only Stealth Rocks to abuse his Circle Throw with. Hope I helped! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)