SV OU stall user tries treads HO

poke paste: https://pokepast.es/f691f3f1baba2db8

Before I made this team, I exclusively played stall and got hated for it. I decided I wanted to try something new, and that new is at the other end of the spectrum: HO. I previously had HZoroark but I replaced it with pult due to u-turn and spammable STAB shadow balls.

TEAM ROLES
:sv/iron treads:
This is my choice of lead. It is easy to hate on treads, but it is a decent lead as it gets up rocks, removes opposing hazards and can give a free switch with steel beam, which also hits very hard due to its high base power and STAB. Knock off is there to hit spin blockers and do something before its time to steel beam. This also bluffs iron head so it deters hatterene or forces her to tera.
:sv/baxcalibur:
Before we get into it, take a moment to admire this awesome looking mon. I added it due to its massive wall breaking power. MAVERICK SHOOTERS prefer SD bax and so I ran that to see if I like it over DD. Ice shard provides good utility in the form of priority and loaded dice + icicle spear and glaive rush hits so hard, and this is all coming off a base 145 attack stat. This also gives me a fighting chance against stall.
:sv/iron valiant:
Ugly design, but I needed it for a fast special attacker. This is the standard CM set, but I am considering dropping CM for shadow ball to run over balance and BO. Moonblast is very spammable and psyshock makes it very hard to play around. Thunderbolt is a great auxiliary coverage for hitting many things neutrally while also hitting corviknight and waters super effectively.
:sv/hatterene:
Eject Button hatterene is there to take a hit and pivot out to another threat, while also reflecting hazards and status. Standard eject button set. Nuzzle is very useful to hinder sweepers. Healing wish can provide another free switch, even when all teammates are at full HP which is crucial in HO.
:sv/roaring moon:
Roaring Moon is my favourite mon this generation, and is a powerful cleaner with acrobatics and tera flying. I chose this over kingambit because I feel kingambit is much more risky and I really want high speed to compliment my baxcalibur. Dragon dance sets up a sweep, while tera flying acrobatics deals massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Crunch hits ghosts and psychics, while EQ has amazing coverage.
:sv/dragapult:
I needed a pivot, and pult provided that along with a spammable STAB shadow ball to clean up the opposition. Amazing speed is also good and flamethrower torches kingambit and other steels. Draco meteors breaks through unaware mons.

That's it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)