SS UU Stacune - My current UU team

Hi, first time posting one of my teams here :) After my previous team that was performing for me was ruined by the Latinas ban and Zeraora leaving us, I went through a few iterations to land at this.

https://pokepast.es/7efd56ed14d992a7
1619820980296.png

Stakataka @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Stakataka is one of my favourite mons and very underrated imo. It can set up trick room against a few fairly common Mons (the hat, jirachi, nihilego, moltres to name a few) and if you can get trick room up it rips holes in the opponent's team. After a boost or two, gyro ball can rip through resists too. With a bit of damage on some of the mons it can't ohko, it can be a fantastic win con.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Protect

Vincune does vincune things. Another win con (I call this team Stacune because more often than not Stakataka or Suicune will win the game), with a calm mind or two up it can stall it's counters out of the moves that can beat it if they're not set up. I've cheesed plenty of wins with pressure stall antics.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

I don't think I've ever clicked superpower on this, and I rarely click knock. Either u turn for momentum or BP for revenge killing or as a win con.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

This sometimes misses dazzling gleam against the rare guzzlord (kitten milk almost walled me with their Guzzlord team but scizor came in clutch), but in general the coverage is great. I don't get to set nasty plot up too often, but if the opportunity arises it can sweep. The immediate power from life orb usually let's it do it's job, although it tends to kill itself before it can properly break bulkier teams.

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Roar
- Earthquake

Standard lead, roar is useful if you fuck up and let something set up against you and your focus sash is unbroken. Struggles vs opposing lead krook due to not getting to participate in the lead taunt race, otherwise pretty unremarkable.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Thundurus is a surprisingly effective defogger since it scares out a lot of the stuff it switches into. For the same reason u turn has proven to be amazing in a great number of games, giving great opportunities for Stakataka or Suicune to come in and get set up cheaply. Thunderbolt is just a fantastic nuke. Struggles vs opposing thundurus though which tend to carry psychic to hit you back. The whole team is kind of weak to opposing thundurus though, although Stakataka can check variants without focus blast at full hp.

That's the team. I'm definitely not the strongest Pokémon player but this team has gotten me to around 1550 and I really enjoy using it, especially when Stakataka or Suicune can clutch wins. It struggles with the Pokémon I mentioned plus Kommo-o (which walls Staka with bulletproof) and can get overwhelmed by screens HO, at least in my hands. I think it's fundamentally solid and I've gotten wins against some strong players, but I welcome any suggestions for improvements.

It would also be a great honour to face this team on the ladder, good luck to anyone who gives it a go!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)