Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Doom Desire
- Aeroblast
- Roost
- Toxic

I’m not that confident in this set’s viability, but I have fun using it. It can keep pressure up with Doom Desire and wallbreak with Toxic. It checks a lot with its typing and can heal or set up a Doom Desire on the switch. It forms a pretty good defensive core with Rotom, being able to switch into Ground types and cripple them with Toxic.

:ss/rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Strength Sap
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Strength Sap is just an amazing move in general. Rotom works as my premier pivot with Scald and Volt Switch and offers Defog support for its team. I sometimes find it difficult to switch in safely with it, but it has impressive walling potential once it’s in.

:ss/darmanitan:
Darmanitan (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Bulk Up
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Sheer Force Pyro Ball hits way too hard. I didn’t put a whole lot of thought into coverage but EQ beats Rock and Fire types, Iron Head helps break some Fairies. Bulk Up is a weird choice but I like it, boosting Pyro Ball to insane power levels and insuring it against physical revenge killers. Somewhat reliant on Rotom to Defog any rocks.

:ss/terrakion:
Terrakion @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Rest
- No Retreat

I loved the idea of Diamond Storm + Body Press. I added Rest for sustainability and gave it even more cleaning potential with No Retreat. When I send it in, it either dies immediately or is untouchable. Rock + Fighting coverage is pretty good, too.

:ss/scizor:
Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Fell Stinger
- Gear Grind
- Dual Wingbeat
- U-turn

Took this from the STABmons thread. Fell Stinger is obviously terrifying, but the threat can be stronger than the execution if I bait a switch and U-Turn to a counter. Like Terrakion, I usually save it for late-game cleaning, because once it’s locked into Fell Stinger it’s pretty easy to wall. Gear Grind hits hard too and Scizor would really appreciate not being choice locked so it can utilize it at +3, but it needs the speed to sweep with Fell Stinger.

:ss/kingdra:
Kingdra (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Dragon Darts
- Flip Turn
- Iron Head

Kingdra is great with Band as it really only needs one move to obliterate everything. Flip Turn is a great move with a band, Dragon Darts is its secondary STAB and lets it beat slower Dragons, and Iron Head is there because Kingdra literally does not learn any other physical coverage moves.

Last edited:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Out-of-battle form changes work like evolutions, where you can get moves of their types even when not in that form. The idea is supposed to be like: “there’s a tutor or TMs that lets any pokemon learn a move of their type” so you would make your Rotom Mow form, give it SSap, make it Fan Form, give it Defog, then make it Wash Form and give it Scald. Hence why Rotom is such a great Pokemon in the tier, getting moves from 7 types

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)