Project SS UU Victim Of The Week v2- Week 53: Darmanitan (Submissions)

Voting has concluded! Congrats to Celebiii for winning the week for the checks, BigFatMantis for taking second, and scorbunnys for finishing third! All of your submissions will be added to the Hall of Fame. Now, lets round up the points to see who is the winner for the third cycle of victim of the week!

HydreigonTheChild-19
Monky25-15
avg-12
Celebii-7
StarFalcon555-7
D5405-4
scorbunnys-4
Dr Ya Yeet-4
style.css-4
Mystras Leoxses-4
martinvtran-3
montegom-2
HiddenPower23-2
Estarossa-2
Lolito-2
Leafium Z-2
Magnum-2
BigFatMantis-2
yourwelcomethanku-1
Bandkrook-1
TotomonGang-1
As we can see, the winner of the third cycle of victim of the week, also known as weeks 24-36, is HydreigonTheChild! Thanks so much for your continued support, and a giant thank you to everyone who has participated and allowed me to host this project as long as I have. Like I said earlier, this project will be taking a break for a week, so I’ll see you then.

And we are back! Hope everyone has been enjoyed their October so far, and now it’s time to start up the 4th cycle of victim of the week. Will we see HTC win yet another cycle or someone new to compete and win? This weeks victim is down below.
:ss/Excadrill:
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

For this week we have the meta mole excadrill! Exca has quickly risen to be one of the best Pokémon in the tier after being OU for generations. It’s amazing attack stat coupled with its typing make it an excellent Pokémon capable of taking down former staples like aegislash, nihilego, and rotom-H. How will you take on excadrill? Submissions are due November 2nd at 11:59 PM PST

:dp/skarmory:
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- Roost

Counter. You sit on everything Exca throws at you and comfortably 2HKO it in return.

200+ Def Skarmory Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 296-350 (81.9 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

cheru

formerly romanji
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:ss/Celesteela:

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Celesteela resists Iron Head and is immune to Earthquake. Also 2HKOes with Flamethrower. Counter

252 Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 176 Def Celesteela: 55-66 (13.8 - 16.6%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 176 Def Celesteela: 111-131 (27.9 - 32.9%) -- 87.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Excadrill: 194-230 (53.7 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
:ss/conkeldurr:
Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Oh boi oh boi I wonder what will the conk do! Super hard check cus mach punch just kinda vaporizes this thing

CALCS
252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 177-208 (50.4 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 1032-1214 (285.8 - 336.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 344-408 (95.2 - 113%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Spr 4d 146.png
@ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 88 HP / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost

Not only does moltres outspeed excadrill which means it is immune to iron head hax, not only does it ohko, but every time excadrill uses a damaging attack against moltres it risks a 30% chance to absolutely ruin excadrill via flame body. Moltres is taking minimal damage and even if they Swords dance that is no big deal as flamethrower is a guarantee ohko. Rapid spin threatens excadrill with a burn and even if they outspeed they have to not get burnt for several turns while also risking getting ohko'ed and doing even less damage

168 SpA Moltres Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Excadrill: 380-450 (105.2 - 124.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 88 HP / 0 Def Moltres: 73-87 (21.2 - 25.3%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO

Last edited:
:ss/thundurus-therian:
Thundurus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

An Electric type that can check Excadrill? Impossible! Perhaps the archives were incorrect? Prequel memes aside, Thundy-T is a solid check to Excadril. Its Flying typing means that it its immune to Earthquake, forcing Excadrill to use the resisted Iron Head to try and take it down. Thundy-T, meanwhile, can outspeed Excadrill and OHKO it with Focus Blast, even if it hasn't gotten a Nasty Plot boost.

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus-Therian: 90-106 (30.1 - 35.4%) -- 28.3% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Thundurus-Therian Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Excadrill: 400-472 (110.8 - 130.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Reserving PhsyDef Primarina
Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
So I've found this mon to be a solid check, as it can hurt Excadrill w Scald and Exca doesn't 2HKO. Rest is abusable tho.

Last edited:
:bw/Salamence:
Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

This checks Exca with intimidate and 2HKOes with Flamethrower.

:ss/diggersby:
Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- U-turn
- Spikes​

Diggersby tho :v4:

Anyway submitting as a check, eq does way too much to the bunny but you outspeed and OHKO with your own eq so who cares

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diggersby: 210-247 (67.5 - 79.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 638-752 (176.7 - 208.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 88 HP / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost

Moltres can easily handle Exca with flamethrower but even if it cant flame body can burn leaving exca useless at that point.

:ss/Azumarill:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Ability: Huge Power
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Liquidation
- Knock Off

Well shit, I let this week run a lot longer than I would've liked. I was hoping I could get some more submissions so I extended it, but it happens though. Anyway, Azumarill checks excadrill by being able to revenge kill it with Aqua Jet.

Now, its time to vote! Down below are the checks and counters submitted this week for Excadrill!
Checks
by TotomonGang
by Monky25
by StarFalcon555
by scorbunnys
by Mystras Leoxses
by smokeyinferno
Counters
by iceblazer
by avg
by HydreigonTheChild

Voting ends November 14 at 11:59 PM GMT_8. My votes are
Checks: Conkeldurr and Salamence
Counters: Skarmory and Celesteela

Voting has finished! Congrats to TotomonGang for winning the checks and Monky25 for taking runner up. Meanwhile, congrats to HydreigonTheChild for winning the counters and iceblazer for taking runner up. All of these submissions will be added to the Hall of Fame. Now, let’s introduce this week’s victim
:ss/Tapu Bulu:
Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat

This week we have the untamed bull of UU, Tapu Bulu. Tapu Bulu is one of the most fearsome wallbreakers in the tier, being able to shred defensive Pokémon like slowking, chansey, and mandibuzz with ease. It’s typing also gives it great utility in beating Azumarill and soft checking thundurus-t. How will you stop this rampaging deity? Submissions end Thursday Novermber 18 at 11:59 PM GMT-8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)