Resource SS UU Team Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two teams for the bazaar post-DLC drop! Both are formed around the core of Jirachi + Latias + Zarude which has wonderful type synergy together. I've found physically offensive Jirachi to be the most effective variant right now, and is best used to come in on a resisted hit then either hit back or punish the switch-in with its amazing coverage. Latias is a ground immunity with a ton of coverage options and outspeeds most things that aren't scarfed, while providing a Fire resist. Scarfed Zarude is faster than just about everything and still hits very hard and can keep momentum with U-Turn as well.

Diancie acts as a check to the powerful special attackers running around the tier and a rocker, as well as possibly throwing out powerful Body Presses after the defense boosts from Diamond Storm. Hippowdon is fully specially defensive and exists to be fat, as well as getting chip damage with sand and Toxic. Protect scouts choice-locked moves. Magnezone helps to maintain momentum, beat the scary fairies in the tier, and to beat Celesteela. This team's Latias is more purely offensive and aims to hit everything with its coverage.

Rotom is a bulky pivot that deals with Celesteela and other walls as well as providing a great electric resistance. I haven't settled on the EVs yet so don't put any stock in them. Hatterene is the hazard control for this team and makes a great lead, as well as being remarkably difficult to KO with all the damage it heals off with Draining Kiss, especially at +1. Krook sets up hazards and feigns a scarfed lead, allowing it to snowball with Moxie. It also provides an electric immunity.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/9c7d321ddf9ddc16

Latias is the main speed control of the team. She helps with many dragons and revenge kills them at +1, has trick to cripple walls like chansey, celesteela, jirachi, and more. Recover is there for so she can fulfill her role throughout the battle and also makes residual damage not as significant. Dual stabs is all she needs. And the next mon will help her with the mons that resist it.

Magnezone is the main breaker of the team via specs volt switches and flash cannons. It traps the pesky jirachi if it doesn't have U-turn, removes celesteela to help latias. It also puts in work against non-steel teams because it has volt switch to pivot out of danger. Teleport is its 4th move because it doesn't have much of a need for the last slot so I chose a move that can help with pivoting. I chose Teleport > toxic because hippowdon isn't such a problem.

Kommo-o is the rocker of the team, it has a nice typing that helps the team against many dark, grass, fire, rock types that the team can face. It has a strong body press and toxic can cripple the main pokemon who want to switch in. It also serves as the main blacephalon answer to the team because of bullet proof and its resistance to its stabs.

Rotom-Wash serves us as the main defogger of the team. It has levitate and can threaten many rockers via hydro pump,volt switch to pivot out of unfavorable situations, and pain split as a recovery and a way to whittle down high hp opponents while recovering your own.

Jirachi is the main way of recovering hp of teammates via wish. Jirachi serves as an answer to latias, alakazam, articuno-galar, regidrago, and a temporary answer to kyurem. It has 100/100/100 bulk making it very tanky and even capable of taking strong non-stab super effective hits like kyurem's earth power of scarf hydreigon dark pulse.

Amoonguss is the main pivot of the team. It also serves as a pivot to many others due to regenerator and annoys many opponents with stun spore and spore. It also absorbs toxic spikes for the team to help kommo-o with its issue for longevity.

Things to watch out for: Volcarona, this team struggles against volc in sun because pump from rotom wash does 20-nothing, so your best bet is to have kommo-o at full and tank a psychic and retaliate with a toxic, or chip it down into scarf latias range.

Weavile, it is a problem to them team via knock off, strong priority, and with boots its hard to wear down

Last edited:
Got here a hazard stack volturn that was originally inspired by OU's Pre-dlc2 Zera/Cinderace offensive combo. This team revolves around a mixed Zera and specially defensive Incineroar, a very synergetic duo, as your main momentum grabbers with the double knock off spam meant to eliminate any heavy duty boots to help your hazards take effect. As far as hazard stacking goes, Golisopod is your spike setting pivot serving as a necessary ground resist as well, while Kommo-o sets up rocks and can abuse the hazard stack with dragon tail. Aegislash is the team's main psychic resist and spin blocker rocking a physical sub/toxic set meant to force switches with the toxic pressure while maintaining an offensive presence against calm mind users. The crit chance with shadow claw in combination with the hazards can rack up massive damage real quick. The final member of the team is a scarfed Articuno-galar meant to provide additional speed control since the team is rather slow barring Zera, and having Competitive can let it punish defog attempts too.

Some of the tougher match ups for the team are sub belly drum Kommo, bd Azumarill, psychic spam teams, Mamoswine, Draco spam from mons like Hydreigon and Latias, and Volcanion. Overall, it's been my favorite team to use in this meta so far.

Got here a hazard stack volturn that was originally inspired by OU's Pre-dlc2 Zera/Cinderace offensive combo. This team revolves around a mixed Zera and specially defensive Incineroar, a very synergetic duo, as your main momentum grabbers with the double knock off spam meant to eliminate any heavy duty boots to help your hazards take effect. As far as hazard stacking goes, Golisopod is your spike setting pivot serving as a necessary ground resist as well, while Kommo-o sets up rocks and can abuse the hazard stack with dragon tail. Aegislash is the team's main psychic resist and spin blocker rocking a physical sub/toxic set meant to force switches with the toxic pressure while maintaining an offensive presence against calm mind users. The crit chance with shadow claw in combination with the hazards can rack up massive damage real quick. The final member of the team is a scarfed Articuno-galar meant to provide additional speed control since the team is rather slow barring Zera, and having Competitive can let it punish defog attempts too.

Some of the tougher match ups for the team are sub belly drum Kommo, bd Azumarill, psychic spam teams, Mamoswine, Draco spam from mons like Hydreigon and Latias, and Volcanion. Overall, it's been my favorite team to use in this meta so far.
1) kommo-o runs toxic to hit things like hippo and counters on the switch. It also wants eq to hit stuff like victini harder
2) incineroar shouldn't have u turn on a swords dance set you should have close combat
3)golisopod is rather unviable in the meta and is not viable as a water type or bug type.
4) zeraora always should have plasma fists otherwise it dosent have good physical stab and if you are running special u should run thunderbolt
5) aegislash on sub toxic should be shadow ball, but it should be mixed life orb because on spikes offense u want to pressure not stall
6) articuno just has a shitty set, its better to run CM and its rather outclassed by latias

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Volt Switch

Krookodile @ Chople Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 4 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
- Rapid Spin

We, uh, got no samples. I highly doubt this will make it in, but hopefully it'll attract our better builders to start giving us samples. But, in the meantime, I will do the best I can.

This is a Volt-Turn bulky offense/balance team I constructed featuring Zeraora and Victini. With Hippo and Hydreigon leaving, both of these got better then before. Victini provides speed control, namely picking off threats with V-Create and Bolt Strike, such as Gyarados or Blaziken. Zeraora is able to threaten most of what checks Victini, namely things like Rhyperior, Kommo-o, bulky waters, etc. and either crippling them with Knock Off, or threatening to severly weaken or KO them. Krookidile is the premier Ground type in the tier, alongside Rhyperior, in Hippowdon's wake, which functions as the team's rocker. Krookidile also helps keep fightings like Terrakion or Blaziken from getting too out of hand by means of Chople Berry, which alongside intimidate, allow it stomach a super effective fighting attack and retaliate. Celesteela is one of the best pokemon in the tier right now, as it checks so many things, from Latias, to Tapu Bulu, and is overall just a great Steel in the tier at the moment, only rival'd by Aegislash. Tangrowth provides an answer to Ground and Water types, as well as being able to sit on a lot of physical attackers, such as Zeraora or physical Aegislash variants. Finally, Tentacruel gives the team hazard control, insurance vs Azumarill and Celesteela, and also adds a fighting answer. Something else I will note is that Zen Headbutt can be used over Trick if you still struggle with things like Blaziken, but losing Trick really hurts your matchup vs fatter builds. Nidoqueen is also very good vs this team, so play carefully around it.

https://pokepast.es/0e74fa5c7952635d

This team was an old team, but after the bans it got much better due to struggling with volc and weavile and that being no longer the case, this teams focus is to use zeraora as a main pivot with knock and volt switch to soften targets up for a late clean with CB victini. It also acts as an electric immunity of the team because of how well it matches up against them like rotom heat trying to volt switch on victini thinking it gains free momentum or on kommo-o thinking its going to bring a free breaker in. Boots help it with longevity and its speed is amazing which outspeeds every unboosted mon in the tier.

CB victini is the main breaker of this team which absolutely decimates slow offensive teams and it has respectical bulk in 100/100/100 and has a nice typing. V create is the main move its spamming with no good pokemon to absorb it and the pokemon that can are either u turned on or get v created again the next time victini decides to come in. Victini also has great coverage in bolt strike which allows it to slam the wannabe switchins with a 130 CB move that nails rotom wash, gyarados, and azumarill while not lowering its speed tier. U turn is for momentum so it can get out of situations it does not find favorable like against rotom wash, or rotom heat. Trick is to cripple bulky walls if victini is unable to break through and makes them easier to deal with in the long run.

Kommo-o is the rocker of choice because it provides a resist to dark, grass, fire, and immunity to shadow ballvia bullet proof while providing utility with rocks and spreading toxic. Stab body press deals a lot of damage to anything that doesn't resist it

Rotom wash is the main defogger of choice due to beating most of the rockers in the tier. It has recovery in pain split and utility in volt switch to get out of those unfavorable matchups like tapu bulu and magnezone

Tangrowth role on this team is as a special wall. Its useis to check special walls like life orb latias spamming draco's while reggening the health it lost. It also spreads knock off and poison with sludge bomb which helps victini and zerora break later in the game.

Celesteela's main role is to wall fairies, psychics like jirachi without thunder, and steels like scizor, latias locked into draco/psychic. It also helps weaken many mons via leech seed protect and its 120 BP heavy slam considering its heavier than the entire metagame.

Thats all I have to say, there isnt much to say for the last 4 mons because their role is the help victini and zeraora break throught the teams while the other 4 create holes in them. For example a rotom heat with boots can switch in multiple times into victini, but without them it gets worn down quickly and isn't able to check victini. Another example is that removing celesteela leftovers is huge because its going to be taking more damage that can't be easily recovered and will have to spam leech seed more aggresively to gain back the hp instead of protecting and gaining the leftovers. A problem I see is galar zapdos and blaziken but I feel that this team can stop them from snowballing out of control, you just have to play very well.

(I hate some of you guys)

Last edited:
Long time since I've last posted here so I wanted to share a team Ive had pretty good success with

:ss/slowking: :ss/kommo-o: :ss/celesteela: :ss/amoonguss: :ss/zeraora: :ss/azumarill:
-click sprites for importable-

The team was built at the beginning of the Slowking rising hype to counter some top meta mons, like defensive Celesteela. That reminded me that Future Sight was a broken mech and made me want to build around it. LO Clanger sets up rocks and breaks stuff, fighting move + future sight being as strong as ever. Celesteela + Amoonguss complete the defensive core, keeping a majority of the tier in check. Zeraora blocks volt, brings much appreciated speed control and additionnal momentum to the team. Last slot is Azumarill cause I definitely wanted breaking power and it's the only one that can achieve that + keep blaziken in check.
The key to play this team is rly to keep momentum w/ teleports and volt switches, while breaking w/ clanger, zera and azu + future sight. Some sets can be adjusted if needed . One can run itemless amoonguss to not get annihilated by bd azu. Ice punch azu can work for better among luring. Kommo can run soundproof cause toxtricity basically 6-0s, and run clangorous > flame. Ive even tried bulk up zeraora here, and it worked pretty decently as an anti offense tool.
I'm aware the team has holes and doesn't exactly have the best offense matchup, but I'm still pretty happy with the results I got with it, so I wanted to share it. Hopefully that'll make other people want to share some more solid stuff o/

oml is the end

:ss/Ninetales-Alola: :ss/Celesteela: :ss/Gyarados: :ss/Krookodile: :ss/Azumarill: :ss/Mew:

Veils HO: https://pokepast.es/76b31e797d590a67 (intended for a post-Blaziken meta)

Pretty basic HO team: You get rocks up with Krook, Veils up with Ninetales, then choose your sweeper. Celesteela is EV'd to outspeed Jolly Zeraora at +2 and also guarantee you survive at least one Jolly Plasma Fists. Azu is EV'd to outspeed any Tang/Amoonguss in case someone tries silly sets, and also outspeed max defense Volcanion and max defense Bulu. The HP EVs do end up helping it survive just a bit longer. If you are going to tinker with Azu EVs, make sure to keep the HP even so berry can activate.

Gyara is pretty self explanatory, although be warned you need +2 to outspeed fast scarfers like Latias. You can opt for HDB instead of Lum if you want. The Mew is just... well it will automatically win you some games just based on matchup alone. Once it gets going very little things can stop it.

Again, very easy team to just plug in and use. I personally use a more exotic variation with Pyuk, but that wouldn't be a good sample team, so I submit this instead. Enjoy!

UPDATED 1/1/2021 - I changed Azu's EV spread to guarantee you outspeed Adamant 252 Spe Conkeldurr

Last edited:

Sulo

the blade i hold
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnus
National Dex Leader
magnezone + rachi balance
:ss/Magnezone: :ss/Jirachi: :ss/Lycanroc_Dusk: :ss/Slowking: :ss/Tangrowth: :ss/Rotom_Heat:

The main offense of the team is Lycandusk, Jirachi, and Magnezone. Lycandusk can easily be replaced for something like Terrakion. I only chose it because of STAB Tough Claws boosted priority, and it's speed tier. Jirachi does a lot on the team; provides speed control, serves as the U-turn piece of the VoltTurnTeleport core formed on the team, and provides support w/ Healing Wish. I paired Magnezone with the other two because once mons like Skarm and Celesteela are gone, they can clean up the opposition with ease.

The defensive core of the team is Slowking, Tangrowth, and Rotom-Heat. Slowking provides Future Sight + Teleport support to further chip and pressure the team, as well as simultaneously giving free switches to the breakers on the team. Tangrowth is another defensive pivot on the team; it also wears down and cripples the opposition with Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, and Knock Off primarily, as well as threatening mons immune to Sleep Powder with a super-effective Sludge Bomb. Rotom-Heat is the main defogger on the team, and also serves as a check to various offensive threats like Victini and Zeraora.

The EVs are nothing special, most of them are max-max, but I gave Slowking minimal special defense investment to be able to better handle Nidoqueen and Latias. It is important to watch out for Blaziken, as it is one of the things this team struggles with. Azumarill can be annoying, if it somehow gets a chance to set up.

--

Have fun with it!
(edit: magnezone is kinda subpar in the tier, so replace it with what ever you want, ty for using the team if u do <3)

Last edited:
Edit 1st January : Team no longer playable due to Regieleki rise to OU !

Heres my Regieleki Screens HO Version 2.0 that I made since I knew Blaziken was about to be banned. I fixed some details compared to the V1 that you can find here. The team is pretty straightforward as you can tell. Krookodile sets Stealth Rock, bother the opponent with Taunt and Knock Off and basically paves the field to allow Regieleki to set its Screens. Then you can abuse those Screens thanks to 4 great abusers. SubBD Kommo-o is insanely nasty under Screens and can set-up on a lot of Pokemon and win on its own a lot of games. The same applies to Demon Mew which is disgusting af at the moment. I changed the EVs spread to allow it to outspeed stuff such as Jolly Mamoswine which is always nice in my opinion. You can even invest more speed to outspeed Krookodile but you lose a lot of bulk and therefore some power on Body Press. Moltres-Galar is another dumb abuser under Screens. The EVs spread allows it to outspeed Timid Regieleki after an Agility. Last but not least Thundurus is the new Pokemon of the team and the substitute for Blaziken, it has a great speedtier and pretty filthy coverages. I know it may be tempting to play Scolipede over Blaziken since they're both sharing SD + Speed Boost but Scolipede has not the great offensive typing of Blaziken and can't beat Celesteela which is gonna be better for sure without Blaziken in the tier. Hope you'll enjoy the team !
Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin / Volt Switch
- Explosion

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Thundurus (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic / Dark Pulse

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof / Soundproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Weakness Policy
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 20 Def / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Fiery Wrath
- Air Slash

Mew @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Rest
- Stored Power
- Body Press

Last edited:
1609516644185.png

https://pokepast.es/36bbee795d66fe78

1609539984557.png

I decayed pretty badly after not playing since uult days and used this to get back to 1637 without losing a single game.

The EVs are random, I'll put my hands up and say that I have really poor metagame knowledge and just made this on a whim but it works so if anyone who has metagame knowledge can modify the EVs it'd be appreciated.

The idea is you bounce back hazards or status and/or get screens. If you are lucky enough you memento and then bring an appropriate set up sweeper.

Substitute in multiple mons mean that you get the one up vs ditto stall and can block annoying status abusers.

Zera is the MVP, it actually 6-0d a team that a 1600 user with rocky helmet had by actually just beating Tangrowth 1 v 1 which was insane.

Moltres is absolutely weak and I am disappointed that I even have it on this team but oh well, couldnt find anything better.

Enjoy kekekeke​

Last edited:
Edit 1st January : Team no longer playable due to Regieleki rise to OU !

Heres my Regieleki Screens HO Version 2.0 that I made since I knew Blaziken was about to be banned. I fixed some details compared to the V1 that you can find here. The team is pretty straightforward as you can tell. Krookodile sets Stealth Rock, bother the opponent with Taunt and Knock Off and basically paves the field to allow Regieleki to set its Screens. Then you can abuse those Screens thanks to 4 great abusers. SubBD Kommo-o is insanely nasty under Screens and can set-up on a lot of Pokemon and win on its own a lot of games. The same applies to Demon Mew which is disgusting af at the moment. I changed the EVs spread to allow it to outspeed stuff such as Jolly Mamoswine which is always nice in my opinion. You can even invest more speed to outspeed Krookodile but you lose a lot of bulk and therefore some power on Body Press. Moltres-Galar is another dumb abuser under Screens. The EVs spread allows it to outspeed Timid Regieleki after an Agility. Last but not least Thundurus is the new Pokemon of the team and the substitute for Blaziken, it has a great speedtier and pretty filthy coverages. I know it may be tempting to play Scolipede over Blaziken since they're both sharing SD + Speed Boost but Scolipede has not the great offensive typing of Blaziken and can't beat Celesteela which is gonna be better for sure without Blaziken in the tier. Hope you'll enjoy the team !
Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin / Volt Switch
- Explosion

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic / Dark Pulse

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof / Soundproof
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Weakness Policy
EVs: 20 Def / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Fiery Wrath
- Air Slash

Mew @ Chesto Berry
Timid Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Rest
- Stored Power
- Body Press

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Moltres-Galar @ Weakness Policy / Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Fiery Wrath
- Air Slash

Mew @ Chesto Berry
Timid Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Rest
- Stored Power
- Body Press
Version 3.0 of the Screens HO is finally live ! Grimmsnarl over Regieleki because it's better in my opinion than Ninetales-Alola. Nothing didn't really change over the 2.0 version except the Moltres spread since it doesn't need to outspeed Regieleki anymore. The spread allows it to outspeed Choice Scarf Latias after an Agility and stuff like Jolly Bisharp without any boost. To understand the team and how it works, just read the post of 2.0 version here.

Last edited:
Really should update the op sometime soon, especially since the meta has reached a stable point. Anyway got past 1600 on the ladder using a combination of bullshit HO and a team I made for the UU rating competition round 2. I thought that I should share this team since it was good enough to allow me to advance to the semi-finals, so here it is.
https://pokepast.es/6198fb6eb81489d5

The team is build around boots victini and CB azumarill as an incredible breaking core. I've experiment with band victini+ specs prim before, but decided to switch the offensive roles this time around with victini being more specially oriented. Victini is a mon that has gotten a lot better with recent shifts, as mons like salamence have become less common with Blaziken's ban, meaning victini can shine more. It's pretty unpredictable, you don't know whether it is band or scarf or boots and its pretty hard to figure out without sending a mon in risking it. The team consist of a solid defensive core in rotom-wash, tangrowth, and jirachi, being able to cover the entire metagame. Washtom fulfils a volt-turn core with victini as it can pivot it into mons like amoongus, tangrowth, and tapu bulu. RH tang is the best mon we have to answer the popular terrakion and also covers mons like lycanroc-dusk, tapu bulu lacking mega horn, and azumarill lacking ice punch. Tangrowth and rotom wash exert solid offensive pressure while still maintain their defensive composure. Jirachi acts as both the rocker and the healer to this team, being able to set rocks, answer mons like tapu bulu, nihilego, alakazam, and the super awesome latias while keeping it's team healthy with wish support. Lastly, scarf krookodile compresses both speed control and an electric immunity in one convenient spot, being able to revenge kill zeraora, latias, terrakion, nihilego, jirachi, victini, nidoqueen, and bisharp. The team is really good against the majority of the metagame, being able to cover the most common threats and answer the most threatening pokemon. I hope more people give this team a go as it has worked for me both on my main and my testing alt. I'm glad to hear any feedback as to improve my team and I'm also glad that all team archetypes ranging from HO to balance to stall to bulky offense can all work in this metagame.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

DD Mence is the most basic bitch set ever but it's good enough. Specs tricity helps to break down some of the decent checks to Mence such as Primarina, Skarm, and absorb statuses such as Toxic/Thunder Wave. Rachi lent itself to checking scarf Latias and granting pivots/trick disruption which can followup into more set up opportunities for Mence. Tangrowth + Toad is to help assist with some of the top dogs like Zera/Scizor/Bulu while providing the team a defensive core to use for creating situations to double on the opponent for tempo. Entei was added to break Steel-types since it's something that Mence would steel appreciate, especially Celesteela as well as gives them team some priority. Team feels fine but i dunno if someone would change some stuff about it to make it better at handling stuff like opposing dragons but wanted to post it anyways.
Malygos (Salamence) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake

Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
Timid Nature
- Overdrive
- Sludge Wave
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Trick

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

1611617612190.png

https://pokepast.es/a2383a2f7657c45e

38-2 currently (95% win rate). Lost twice to full on stall with tenta + quag but thankfully rare. very good vs opposing screens offense or BO / Balance.

There are several win conditions and the dual psychic scarfers really give an element of surprise and really mess with fatter tanks on the opposing team.

Scizor can use a different set/spread, it is a nice Pokemon but I havent used anything outside of Bullet Punch in over 18 consecutive games so Superpower and other stuff are options. Maybe even a more physically defensive variant to really withstand Mimkyus attacks better.​

:ss/Crawdaunt: :ss/Slowking: :ss/Nidoqueen: :ss/Jirachi: :ss/Salamence: :ss/Tapu Bulu:

https://pokepast.es/ea6f26698dd45cf8

Hopping on the train of samples being posted, here is a futureport crawdaunt team I built for the UU rating competition, allowing me to advance to the finals. This team has yielded me great success on the ladder near the mid-high 1500s but I haven't used it an a while so I feel I can post it now. Crawdaunt acts as the teams main breaker and is supported by slowking. Future sight helps Crawdaunt absolutely obliterates its switch ins like amoongus, kommo-o, and tangrowth. Slowking acts as a defensive pivot and can bring its teammates safely with teleport. Nidoqueen helps support this team, acting as a hazard setter and dealing with pokemon like Zeraora and Tapu Bulu, pokemon that threaten daunt and slowking. Nidoqueen is able to 2HKO nearly every pokemon in the tier so it helps the team be more offensive as well. Jirachi and salamence make the standard defensive core checking the metagame's top threats. Jirachi provides the team with wish support and thunder wave to cripple sweepers while mence acts as hazard control. Lastly, choice scarf Tapu Bulu acts as speed control, being able to deal with BD azumarill, crawdaunt, terrakion, keldeo, latias, primarina, krookodile, nihilego, gyarados, kyurem, suicune, and lycanroc dusk courtesy of it's sky high attack stat and strong movepool. It's also able to provide the team with grassy terrain support, allowing the team to passively heal damage taken like jirachi coming into take a hit or daunt's LO recoil. Scarf bulu is underexplored and should be tried out more. I hope some of y'all are able to try this team out, it makes me feel happy when I run into one of my own teams I've posted on the ladder.

Last edited:
:ss/rhyperior: :ss/tapu-bulu: :ss/scizor: :ss/chandelure: :ss/slowking: :ss/mamoswine:
https://pokepast.es/bdbde068a0b58bc4

I'd like you all to see my baby :3, this is a standard UU balanced team but with an incredibly underrated mon in specs chandelure as the main breaker, with the help of bulky scizor and slowking it gets into the field pretty easily and does it SR weakness matter when everytime it comes in it gets a kill? Apart from the main attraction we also have SD rhyperior as a SR setter which can lay the rocks many times and acts as a rotom-heat counter, scarf bulu acts as a form of speed control which surprises a lot of players however it isnt gimmicky at all, then bulky spdef scizor is the defogger of the team and a bulky pivot (there really isnt need for SD), slowking is neccessary as a defensive piece and a teleport bot (psyshock is there becasue without it the primarina and keldeo matchup is a bit iffy) and mamoswine is a secondary wallbreaker packing powerful priority.
Honestly Im pretty happy with this team even tho it has an incredibly big weakness to the standard gyarados set and hazard stacking is also hard for the gang, with this team I managed to reach spot 21 in the UU ladder and a decent amount of success in tours so I consider it pretty decent, if some of you beautiful people could try it and expand on it that would be also pretty cool. Thanks for ur attention.
Captura de Pantalla 2021-01-29 a la(s) 17.47.54.png

Dont laugh at my trash GXE :(

Last edited:
:sm/victini: :sm/primarina: :sm/scizor: :sm/kommo-o: :sm/amoonguss: :sm/rotom-wash:
https://pokepast.es/b8c469d251323774
Hey guys, this is my first time posting a team here. I used it to get from rank 1000 to the 1500s, so I'm pretty confident in posting it. This team is built around a core of Choice Scarf Victini, Choice Band Scizor and Calm Mind-Substitute Primarina, with the three of them covering each other's weaknesses beautifully. Scizor helps beat threats like Lycanroc, Terrakion, and Alakazam, Victini beats Grass and Steel types types like Tangrowth, Amoonguss, Scizor and Jirachi, while Primarina takes care of Fighting, Dark, Ground and Fire types like Kommo-o, Krookodile, Mamoswine and Conkeldurr.

This team is supported by a defensive core of Body Press Kommo-o, Rocky Helmet Amoonguss and Defog Rotom-Wash. Kommo-o is used to combat threats such as Choice Band/Scarf Victini, Crawdaunt and Tentacruel while also applying pressure with Stealth Rock and status. Amoonguss is used to cripple threats such as Bisharp and Scizor with sleep and act as a defense against grass types like Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth. Finally, Rotom-Wash gets rid of screens and hazards that impede the offensive core's pressure while simultaneously pivoting into them with Volt Switch.

Notes for some of the choices in this team: An Adamant nature for Victini is used over Jolly in order to give more power to its moves while still out-speeding the entire unboosted metagame. Dual Wingbeat on Scizor is used to more effectively hit Pokemon like Kommo-o, Amoonguss, Keldeo and Conkeldurr. The stat spread on Kommo-o is used to outspeed Adamant Scizor and hit it with Flamethrower. The stat spread on Rotom-Wash is to help take one hit from Nidoqueen's Sludge Wave and Boots Victini's Energy Ball and then kill them with Hydro Pump.

I really think this team does a good job against most team builds, from Hyper Offense to Balance. The only team style I'm unsure about is stall, and that's because I encountered no hard stall teams while rising the ladder. I hope you guys have as much fun using this team as I did!

Last edited:
gm. I messed up a bit w/ Zarude lately and I wanted to share two teams I've had decent success with on ladder & roomtours. Not a big achievement for sure, I'm just willing to put the lights on Dada, especially after being so wrong in my viab post (give this mon B+ or higher asap)

:victini: :zarude-dada: :rhyperior: :skarmory: :slowking: :zeraora:
click the sprites for importable
I'm pretty sure you've seen a lot of teams like this, seing how common Tini + Zera (+ Spikes) is. Zarude fits well with this core, enjoying the fact that Zeraora can Knock the Helmets from the fat grasses & unsets like defensive Kommo-o, Vic breaking through its checks ; as well as the insane pivoting vortex those two can create. I didnt feel confident w/ Zeraora being my only speed control seeing how dragon dancers could just obliterate me, so I chose to go for scarf, with CC being here to have an emergency answer to bisharp, which kinda runs through this team otherwise. Tini & Zera sets are standard and their roles are pretty straightforward.
Rhyp brings rocks and a check to Zeraora & Salamence. I felt like Protect was the better option on the 4th slot in this team to keep the momentum vortex on, but tox or sd are both valid. Goggles Skarm checks krook & grasses and brings much appreciated chip through spikes + whirlwind. Slowking rounds up the team pretty well by doing slowking things, notably futureport and checking a few threats like Nidoqueen, Keldeo & special Mence. The goal of the team is to spend half the game clicking pivoting moves and hope that works, and it's been doing decently.

:mamoswine: :slowking: :zarude-dada: :salamence: :jirachi: :kommo-o:
sprites
This one was originally meant to be built around Mamoswine, but I quickly realized that, somehow, BU Zarude would enjoy the fact that Mamo can power through Regen cores + Mence so I tried to make that work. Zarude can work as a solid win condition against fat builds once they've been weakened by either clanger or Mamo, and can check some stuff mid-game. Slowking brings future port, which is much appreciated by both (Mamo can't rly switch in on anything and that allows to pressure Guss/Tang/Mence for Zarude). This mence set looks like hot trash but it actually checks stuff like Victini, Krook, Zarude and Scizor much better than the standard offensive boots one (w/ the spread allowing it to outrun Krook). Spreading toxic is also nice, esp on stuff like Slowking/Rotom-Heat/Zeraora that could feel safe switching-in. Scarf Jira brings both speed control and key resists (ice/fairy/dragon notably). Zen headbutt > Trick can slightly help against Zeraora which can easily annihilate this team with the right set, but I'm pretty sure that's a lost cause anyway. Lastly, Goggles Rocks Kommo-o is a fun tech that allows to completely abuse Amoong, get rocks up, throw big hits and check some threats like Chandelure or Bisharp.
Try and somehow avoid getting 6-0d by Zeraora and that should be a fun squad.

jessep123

Banned deucer.
gm. I messed up a bit w/ Zarude lately and I wanted to share two teams I've had decent success with on ladder & roomtours. Not a big achievement for sure, I'm just willing to put the lights on Dada, especially after being so wrong in my viab post (give this mon B+ or higher asap)

:victini: :zarude-dada: :rhyperior: :skarmory: :slowking: :zeraora:
click the sprites for importable
I'm pretty sure you've seen a lot of teams like this, seing how common Tini + Zera (+ Spikes) is. Zarude fits well with this core, enjoying the fact that Zeraora can Knock the Helmets from the fat grasses & unsets like defensive Kommo-o, Vic breaking through its checks ; as well as the insane pivoting vortex those two can create. I didnt feel confident w/ Zeraora being my only speed control seeing how dragon dancers could just obliterate me, so I chose to go for scarf, with CC being here to have an emergency answer to bisharp, which kinda runs through this team otherwise. Tini & Zera sets are standard and their roles are pretty straightforward.
Rhyp brings rocks and a check to Zeraora & Salamence. I felt like Protect was the better option on the 4th slot in this team to keep the momentum vortex on, but tox or sd are both valid. Goggles Skarm checks krook & grasses and brings much appreciated chip through spikes + whirlwind. Slowking rounds up the team pretty well by doing slowking things, notably futureport and checking a few threats like Nidoqueen, Keldeo & special Mence. The goal of the team is to spend half the game clicking pivoting moves and hope that works, and it's been doing decently.

:mamoswine: :slowking: :zarude-dada: :salamence: :jirachi: :kommo-o:
sprites
This one was originally meant to be built around Mamoswine, but I quickly realized that, somehow, BU Zarude would enjoy the fact that Mamo can power through Regen cores + Mence so I tried to make that work. Zarude can work as a solid win condition against fat builds once they've been weakened by either clanger or Mamo, and can check some stuff mid-game. Slowking brings future port, which is much appreciated by both (Mamo can't rly switch in on anything and that allows to pressure Guss/Tang/Mence for Zarude). This mence set looks like hot trash but it actually checks stuff like Victini, Krook, Zarude and Scizor much better than the standard offensive boots one (w/ the spread allowing it to outrun Krook). Spreading toxic is also nice, esp on stuff like Slowking/Rotom-Heat/Zeraora that could feel safe switching-in. Scarf Jira brings both speed control and key resists (ice/fairy/dragon notably). Zen headbutt > Trick can slightly help against Zeraora which can easily annihilate this team with the right set, but I'm pretty sure that's a lost cause anyway. Lastly, Goggles Rocks Kommo-o is a fun tech that allows to completely abuse Amoong, get rocks up, throw big hits and check some threats like Chandelure or Bisharp.
Try and somehow avoid getting 6-0d by Zeraora and that should be a fun squad.
Zarude is underrated

Just posting two teams I enjoyed using in the last 1-2 weeks before the meta changes with shifts at the end of the month. Tbh I don't have many diverse teams, due to how this tier currently is, which you can probably tell by me following the standard structure for BO being Scarf Krook, bulky Grass of choice, Steel-type of choice, and a hazard remover out of the huge pool of options we can choose from. I've mainly tried to stick to ones that use mons/sets that aren't used a whole lot to compensate. Click the sprites for importables.

Used this to get reqs for the Aegislash suspect. I wanted to build around SubCM Primarina, not sure if I fully prefer it over another alternative but the bulk is very much appreciated here and it was fun to use when it got going. Standard core after that bulky Grass for Zeraora, Scarf Krook, Rotom-H for removal + Scizor check. I went with Lycanroc-D because I felt like using it and was tired of Galarian Moltres sweeping me on ladder. Finally, Steel-type and I wanted to try Aegislash. Scizor works fine here too though + gives a safer Kyurem matchup. The team does get rolled by Primarina, which is nothing new for anything I build :blobthumbsup:

I think Mienshao is pretty cool right now post Terrakion, so I've been using LO 4 Attacks a lot more lately. You can go Poison Jab last here but I never ran into too many Fairy-types to warrant it compared to Salamence. Again Scarf Krook, Grass- and Steel-type of choice, and removal with Washtom. In the last slot I could have been boring and used Slowking but I went with Mew and decided to try out a 3 Atks + Soft-Boiled set. I didn't really care for anymore Knock Off support and while I would love to run Spikes I valued having Flamethrower and Ice Beam a lot on this squad. Decided to go a Goggles Mew because you pressure Amoonguss a bit better than Scizor can. The spread is faster than Rotom formes and enough SpA to drop no HP mence. It still has enough bulk to deal with pivoting into special Mence consistently, but a more SpD Washtom could be an option.

I look forward to how shifts change shit up, no longer will I use SpD Scizor when Kyurem rises and we eventually ban Zam.

Team I used to get to slightly shy of 1700 on ladder. Regidrago is used to punch holes vs stall and scale shot allow it to sweep once the opposing steel-type has been neutered. Sleep Talk allows me to sponge sleep whilst being one step away from OHKOin almost anything with Outrage without having to be stuck in a loop. Kommo can set up on a myriad of threats, from the likes of choice locked Krook to Amoongus and also Toxic Aegislash who can't touch me. I use Regidrago at times to nuke opposing Primarina and other fairies with Explosion, thus allowing Kommo a shot at sweeping. Mew hurts most of the tier after a single dd and pressures the opponent to revenge kill with a scarfer which then can be abused by my other Pokemon. Scizor is the best Pokemon hence it's on the team while Necrozema is another win condition. Photon Geyser is amazing vs Pokemon with annoying abilities that would otherwise wall it. Finally the Pokemon I almost always lead with is Lycanroc and Endeavour is fantastic for two reasons. Without an opposing Ghost-type I usually get two kills or one kill and severely cripple another Pokemon. Additionally, if the opponent has a Ghost-type a.k.a Aegislash, I get to scout its set early on in the game and adapt my gameplan based on the set.

Tspikes nihi + Hatt

This team is build around nihilego and krookodile hazard stacking. Nihilego pressures pokemon like moltes, moltres-g, tapu bulu, thundurus-t, and rotom-heat. Knock off is a very useful utility move for nihilego as it can lure in pokemon such as rhyperior, aegislash, and jirachi and remove their leftovers. The team is built around nihilego's weaknesses such as physical priority, aegislash, jirachi, krookodile, nidoqueen. Krookodile is the speed control and the stealth rock setter of the team. Nihilego pairs well with krookodile as it sets up toxic spikes for pokemon such as tangrowth, tapu bulu, buzzwole, and kommo-o. In return Krookdile pressures Pokémon that give it problems such as aegislash, jirachi, and nidoqueen. Krookodile also supports the team with knock, which helps weaken opponents whether that is removing their scarves, leftovers, or heavy-duty boots. Hattrene is the first win condition of this team utilizing its good typing of psychic/fairy to check Pokémon such as kommo-o, conkeldurr, and azelf. Magic Bounce keeps hazards at bay against kommo-o, mew, seismitoad and helps against stall which relies on hazards and passive for doing damage. The speed creep is to outspeed amoonguss so it can hit it first instead of risking a crit or sludge bomb poison. Scizor is the second win condition of the team it provides the team with a very strong bullet punch that can revenge kill Pokémon such as nihilego, lycanroc-dusk, and worn down pokemon are all victim to it. SD provides scizor to set up on pokemon it can take advantage off such as Tangrowth, Tapu Bulu, Chansey, and it can use oppurtunities to set up on pokemon that it forces out such as lycanroc-d, tapu bulu, or Pokémon that are in range of bullet punch, such as salamence, krookodile, azelf, zygarde-10%. Amoonguss and Rotom-W form a great defensive core, as they both cover scizor to help this team with its weakness to it with foul play and rocky helmet and will-o-wisp. Amoonguss' spread allows it to survive a 2hko from primarina hydro pump after stealth rocks to allow it to force it out. Amoonguss spreads poisons around to pokemon such as buzzwole, overcoat Kommo-o, and moltres. Amoonguss spore is highly valuable in shutting down threats such as scizor, aegislash, and kommo-o. Rotom-wash distrubts the opponent team with will-o-wisp making sure that no physical attacker would want to switch into it directly and volt switch takes advanatage of pokemon such as krookodile locked into earthquake, scizor, and buzzwole. Amoonguss and rotom-wash help check keldeo and primarina by scouting one of the choice locked moves with amoonguss and switching into rotom-wash on something like hydro pump or air slash.

Last edited:
hi,
With shifts right around the corner (i think) i'm willing to share a bunch of teams i've laddered with lately (except during uult, other than a few games, cause i don't like pain). They all feature stuff that people would call unviable, aegislash spreads that would make any decent player collapse and most of them suffered a guzzlord loss, but I had fun regardless

:mew: :zarude-dada: :magneton: :rhyperior: :salamence: :tentacruel:
A team I submitted as a sample but I replaced primarina by tentacruel on ProDigeZz' advice and i think it works better this way, also changed the mew set to a more reliable one in most of the matchups (it's worked well for me in a billion tries before the changes, but i feel it's easier to use this way). It's standard enough I don't feel it needs in depth explanations, Stalk > Tport on Mag is fine and Heat Crash > SD on rhyp's worked decently well.

:nihilego: :tangrowth: :krookodile: :salamence: :scizor: :rotom-wash:
Standard looking squad that loses to a lot of Clanger sets. SD DwB zor lures stuff like Buzzwole, Kommo-o and Keldeo esp once sd has been revealed, which greatly helps against otherwise deadly threats. Also powers through aforementioned Buzz and Amogus for band Krook. Mence's spread is the one I use the most recently, does a bunch of stuff defensively including having great odds against lycan (esp non edge but it lives one and kos back w/ draco after rocks+lo) and Zarude while still outspeeding stuff cause slow mence sucks. Scarf Trick Rotom can act as emergency speed control and punish bulky setups the team would struggle with, mostly Hatterene or glowbro if Krook is weakened

:noivern: :slowbro-galar: :krookodile: :rotom-wash: :buzzwole: :aegislash:
Volt Turn + Fsight + LO Buzz + wrap up the team to make it as close to decent as possible. Metal sound Aegi is a fun tech against Slowbro Galar but CC is also fine here (flash canon isnt and sub would waste turns which isnt what you want here). The team was getting destroyed by many screens so I had to put it on the side for a while but it still decently holds up. In my experience it gets easily overwhelmed by weather but outside of that it works pretty well.

:zarude-dada: :slowbro-galar: :rotom-wash: :lycanroc-dusk: :aegislash: :salamence:
shoutouts Tuthur
Team that's been reworked billions of times but ended up working at long last, even if that meant having to run rocks Lycan which I'm incredibly sorry for. You mostly get to click rocks in fat buzzwole matchups, which is actually less punishing than clicking the wrong move against it (but you can't break it after chip :v( ). I could roll with no rocks and psyfangs over it but rocks give me a mental edge when playing. Twave Rotom brings additional speed control to an otherwise not lightning fast team and I never felt like wisp was mandatory in this squad. Defog > Status on tom and Hurricane/Tox > Defog on mence worked but Mence sits on rocks Krookodile which is incredibly valuable on ladder.

thanks for reading, don't blame me if they suck, I gave you a good amount of fair warnings and have a good day
peace o/

should've made this my 200th msg instead of my 201th rip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)