SS RU SS RU-The Slow Bro's

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
The Slow Bros
Importable: https://pokepast.es/7fa7222d63a11502
Introduction
Hello, my name is Aquarius Ghost and this is my second rmt, I hope you all like it. When I first joined the RarelyUsed community I was told that stall was a very inconsistent playstyle. After a few months in I began to lose hope I became both confused and motivated to make stall work. I soon met one of the best people in RarelyUsed Community named Mac3. Mac3 was one of the best stall builders in RU. I was amazed by just how incredibly successful Mac3's teams had been despite its gigantic weakness to Arctovish and Golurk. The RU tier was filled with Wallbreakers such as CB Golurk / Exploud / Gardevior / Centiskorch etc. When I was informed by one of the best stall users in Ru (mac3) that the method to dealing with the wide array of wall breakers involved a combination of the team's unbelievably defensive presence, and switching a Bronzong into a Gardevoirs Mystical Fire and Exploud's boom burst in order to waste the PP moves, I was absolutely amazed on how Mac3 dealt with these two special breakers. All of my experiences participating in RarelyUsed battles up until that point had led me to believe that every successful stall team must need a solid switch-in and counter the tiers abusers, no matter what. And upon seeing that someone was able to reach #1 on Pokemon RU ladder with 1700+ points. I was completely awe-inspired by just how far sheer defensive pressure can get a team, even if it does not have a real check to what is one of the most threatening Pokémon in the entire game. And thus I was motivated to make the team for myself, and during that process, I made several tweaks and modifications to its Pokémon's moves, EVs, Natures, and most notably, I replaced Steelix with Bronzong in order to somewhat mitigate the team's massive weakness to Exploud. Galarian Slowbro to wall some physical attackers such as Hitmonlee and Passimain. Slowbro Galar is also baiting for Water + Ground types so it can effectively hit them with Grass Knot. Although my belief in the utmost importance of a team having a solid counter to all the abusers in the RarelyUsed tier.
Closer Look at the team:

Icy table (Avalugg) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Body Press
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

As what is perhaps my favorite spinner in the Ru tier, due to it being probably being the most useful member in countless RarelyUsed teams that I have created, and being easily one of the best and most underrated NU Pokémon in the RU metagame, that very same Pokémon has returned to serve me once again. Blessed with the Ability to remove entry hazards. Avalugg is a great necessity to this team, considering the fact that of the other five members of the team, two of them are weak to Stealth Rock, four of them are susceptible to both Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and only two are immune Toxic. However, Avalugg's makes it a viable asset to the team since it can force out wish passers like Togedemaru and Umbreon with a body press. Toxic helps the team provide pressure on set up mons and put them on a timer while being able to do minimal or maximum damage outputs. Avalugg is incredibly reliable at keeping entry hazards off the field due to the prevalence of some insanely bulky that can switch into most physical attackers such as Golurk, Copperajah, Golispod, and Dhelmise. However, in the case of opposing Special attacking leads, which can easily kill Avalugg so beware of that. For example, when faced with a lead Vikavolt, Coalossal, or a Bronzong, it is much safer to simply lead with Galarian Slowbro and attack the opponent's lead with Sludge Bomb or scald on Turn 1 than to lead with a different Pokemon and predict the Stealth Rock by switching Pokemon. Avalugg has 252 Hp and 252 Physical defense with impish nature to maximize is physical bulk so it can your main Physical Wall. Moving on to pokemon número dos!

PsychoBell (Bronzong) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Heatproof
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Heavy Slam

In my opinion, Broznong is the best Special rocker in the RU tier, being even better than any other contrary rocker in the metagame. As it is this team's primary check to the dreaded Gardevoir and Exploud, Bronzong relies largely on its spd to revenge-kill them with Heavy slam, while bronzing can rest spam. aside from its utility as a revenge staller, it also often finds itself as an excellent late-game saver, as trick especially tends to clean up amazingly against opposing Special set up sweepers. With Bronzong only having its stab it becomes pretty passive and is usually chosen as an Spd wall since it can be the team's status absorber or be the team's rocker which can be incredibly helpful. Rest on Bronzong generally makes Gardevior and Cm users such as Espeon and Sigiliyph much easier to deal with because you can just trick them and give them your scarf while being able to PP stall them with rest. Bronzong's ability is heatproof so it can take minimal damage from a Fire Blast coming from the Exploud or Gardevoir. Although so many people ask me a question on how do I deal with Arctovish, the main thing to deal with Arctovish is to swap from Galarian Slowbro to Avalugg. People usually get confused about why I have Choice Scarf and Trick on Bronzong, well these two details are very helpful because you always pressure other leads such as the opposing Bronzong and Steelix, this set also helps deal with Calm mind users such as Espeon, Klefki, and Xatu. In conclusion, this set is very unpredictable and very hard to counter since it has reliable recovery, while also being your trick abuser and the team's Stealth Rocker.

Twilight (Umbreon) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Umbreon is this team's cleric, Wishpasser, and general support Pokemon. With its specially-defensive EV spread, Umbreon can manage some incredible feats such as stopping Choice Specs Indeedee-f, taking a hit from Golurk, and living most hits from the special attackers. With its ability Synchronize it helps pressure opposing status user, Umbreon also serves a vital role in this team's resistance against Psychic and Ghost-types, as whenever a Ghost-type comes in against a Pokémon it can easily be threatened by Umbreon and can be switched in to provide support and negate most Special attacking moves. The 56 Speed EVs on Umbreon allow it to outpace Dhelmise and Rhyperior so then you can be able to threaten them with Foul Play. Occasionally Umbreon allows Bronzong to trick the foe and quickly apply pressure on the opponent. Wish is to heal the teammates and keep them healthy throughout the match. Finally, Umbreon becomes this team's main support Pokemon with viable defense stats and its usual role as a cleric in the Ru metagame.

Sting Ray (Mantine) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roost
- Scald

"Mantine is the second removal on the team. It is able to remove on 'mons like Steelix, Bronzong, Copperajah, Runerigus, Mudsdale, and Coalossal, threatening all with scald and the burn chance. Roost and defog are self-explanatory as they provide recovery and hazard removal." (from mac3) I chose toxic as a fourth over other moves like haze, or flying STAB, as it is being able to either pivot between Quagsire and Mantine or Mantine and Vaporeon and pressures them with toxic. This pokemon has water absorb to be immune to water users like Inteleon, Blastoise, and Vaporeon.

Quagmire (Quagsire) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Haze
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earthquake

Quagsire is this team's unaware user to stop physical set-up sweepers like sd Drapion, sd Bewear, dd or bu Scrafty, and BU Braviary. Earthquake is chosen for a STAB that has very few immunities paired with toxic, unlike waterfall. Haze is chosen over Scald or curse as otherwise, Stored powdered users such as Sigilyph and Espeon would be super hard to deal with as they shrug off toxic. The EV spread is just used to max out the physical defense in order to better check the Silvallies, and fighting- and rock types. Quagsire is used to take hits from Drapion so that Bronzong doesn't have to worry about it. Haze is also on Quagsire to PP stall tricked mons from Bronzong. Toxic helps pressure offensive grasses such as Decidueye and Virizion, with Quagsire also being ur main Galarbro switching.

Cerebro (Slowbro-Galar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
- Grass Knot

(i have the slowpoke gif cuz the slowbro galar gif ain't out yet.)

Finally, we have the team's final member, an Assualt Vest Galarian Slowbro. Slowbro Galar's defensive stats and viable typing allow it to walls a lot of the meta, it's slow speed stat is covered by the move-pool and its ability. Aside from serving as this team's main defensive user, which is helpful late-game and works very effectively after the opponent's team has been sufficiently weakened by the rest of Pokemon, Slowbro-Galar, just like all the other members of this team, has excellent utility for both offensive and defensive purposes, which is exactly what justifies its use in this team. Firstly, because this team's Umbreon is specially-defensive rather than physically-defensive, it cannot handle a Passimian Close Combat as effectively as most other Pokemon and will be worn down if it takes too many hits from it, which would be devastating for this team. Secondly, Galarbro also pairs very well with this team because of Quagsire for the purpose of dealing with Psychical setups. Thirdly, Galabro's ability to take defensive shots while being able to gain health whenever it switches out and is able to threaten most things with its move-pool such as Seismitoad, Silvally Fairy, Copperajah, Steelix, Mantine, and Rhyperior. Pokemon could prove to be very troublesome for Slowbro Galar such as Cb Rhyperior, offensive Seimitoad, Sigilyph, and Mudsdale. Although, all these weaknesses to Slowbro Galar all get pressured by the rest of the team support mons. Somehow, and this is also the main reason why Slowbro Galar's item is AV since it can chip tank hits from most physical attackers while providing chip against Dragalge with psychic and Vikavolt with a sludge bomb. Finally, Slowbro Galar doesn't have the recommend Smogon Ev's because I feel like the Smogon Ev's are useless, and it has Av to help with its special Bulk while the using the Cm set Ev's to maximize its Physical bulk.

Threat List

Vikavolt- This Pokemon is extremely hard to move around with especially if it is choice specs since it can 1shot the whole team very easily, your only answer is with Galabro, but that gets 2hkod by Bug buzz so ur best bet is to try and poison it before it becomes too destructive.

Bewear- This mon can be easily handled if its SD sets because u have Slowbro Galar and Quagsire to tank a lot of its hits. The main reason why this is on the threat list is because of the Choice band, if this pokemon has a choice band as an item it becomes very hard to play around with, but your main choice is with Avalugg, and hope it always double edge's

Replays
VS Papito Ade
VS JoNoMo
VS YailySD
VS Diggie
VS rubzez
VS bazzwhooper
Vs Urkundenfaelscher
VS Catboy500
VS I_Cannot_Splel
VS SirFresh
Vs ohaidude
Vs kerorek
Vs parnstar
VS Steve77s
Vs Finagle the Bagel
Vs s2014
VS HailFall
Vs Jornsy
VS triplecx3
Vs RahelGamer03
Vs maxflarelady
(there are more replays I'm just lazy to post em.)
Peak

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)