Project SS RU Teambuilding Competition (Round 7: Swords Dance Spam Submissions!)

Approved by EviGaro and phantom
OP stolen from NU Teambuilding Competition

buildingcomp.png

(thank you to Loom for the amazing banner! :D)
Welcome the Pokemon Sword and Shield RU Team Building Competition! This competition encourages players and builders to create a team around a Pokemon that of my choosing. The premise of the competition is that players have five days to build and submit their teams. If other users have suggestions for other users' teams, don't be afraid to give them in this thread! Just remember to be respectful and only give constructive criticism. After the five days are up, users will have 3 days to vote for the best team. The winner of the best-voted team will be submitted into the Hall of Fame! I hope you all have fun participating in this competition, and if you want to, you must follow these simple rules!:

1. Do not be disrespectful to anybody when giving criticism
2. Do not copy other builds
3. Follow the format listed below and make sure to build around the given Pokemon
4. You may work with other people but make sure to credit all of the builders who worked on the team
5. You are not allowed to vote for your own team when the voting phase begins
6. Do NOT ask people to vote for your team

Here is an example of the format:

This team rocks a Quiver Dance Ribombee, which i personally consider to be the best set in this meta for a multitude of reasons. Roost is amazing so you can repeatedly switch into Virizion, and Mega Blastoise almost countlessly, and Fairium Z is just an all around amazing nuking move for shit like Umbreon, and other mons. HP Fire does like 35 to Metagross unboosted which is phenomenal damage especially after you start boosting. Raikou is there to break bulky waters and things like Golisopod. Machamp is absolutely amazing when it comes to being a wallbreaker and synergizes with Raikou amazingly, because it stops the bulky special walls that will usually stop Raikou in it's tracks and prevent a sweep. Mega Blastoise is just here for removal and it's pretty much just your bread and butter Mega Toise spread and set. Roserade is here to set up Spikes, and make Ribombee's job easier while breaking bulky waters for the team. Metagross is my stealth rocker and is easily the best choice for this team as it provides a Rock, and Flying type check.

Round 1: Raichu-Alola

1st: Mac3 (3 pts)
2nd: Expulso (2 pts)
3rd: Loom (1 pt)

Round 2: Crustle

1st: Loom (3 pts)
2nd: Mac3 (2 pts)
3rd: gorex (1 pt)
Round 3: Abomasnow

1st: GoldCat (3 pts)
3rd: Slowbrosky (1 pt)

Round 4: Fighting-type Spam

2nd: The Amuse (2 pts)
3rd: Gatorboy (1 pt)

Round 5: Toxicroak

1st: Loom (3 pts)
3rd: Katy (1 pt)

Round 6: Druddigon

2nd: eifo (2 pts)
3rd: GoldCat (1 pt)

Round 7: Swords Dance Spam

1st:
2nd:
3rd:

2nd: eifo (2 pts)
3rd: Goldcat (1 pt)

CURRENT ROUND

Don't be afraid to ask any questions and have fun!

Last edited:
Round #1: Raichu-Alola
While rather new to the meta, Raichu-Alola has definitely been a powerhouse threat due to it's amazing coverage and high Speed stat. This makes it a perfect nominee for Round #1 of the SS RU Teambuilding Competition!
Deadline for Submissions is Sunday, April 19th at 11:59 P.M. GMT-4
Good luck and have fun :)​

:pincurchin: :raichu-alola: :dhelmise: :scrafty: :silvally-fairy: :jellicent:

Pincurchin @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Discharge
- Spikes
- Memento

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Surf

Dhelmise @ Leftovers
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Power Whip
- Anchor Shot
- Synthesis

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Work Up
- Surf
- Parting Shot

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Scald
- Recover

This team has Alolachu as the main wincon, so it seems to be a pretty good team for this spotlight(I have like 10 of these teams in my builder, but this one has alolachu as the wincon, so it is the coolest). Pinc is the perfect teammate, because it can set hazards to soften mons, as well as break sashes and sturdy on the other side. With Memento support, it can get a nearly free Plot up and sweep thru the whole team. The main threats to the Alolachu sweep are Linoone and especially Gastro. The team has Intimidate sub Scrafty to play around both of those mons as well as to act as a secondary wincon. Dhelm and Jelli is to bait the opponent to Knock every single turn(It happens), and then they jus knock into Vally or Scrafty and then they take 0.
This is the only team(hopefully) so I win(hopefully).
Also I rlly hope fairy-vallys picture shows up or I'm sad.
edit: I had to edit it for fairyvally cuz I'm dumb

Last edited:
:raichu-alola::pincurchin: :dhelmise: :steelix: :hitmonlee: :alcremie:

Fun offensive team with terrain extender Pincurchin and nasty plot Raichu. With spikes nasty plot Raichu sweeps through the meta. Hitmonlee is also a physical sweeper under electric terrain that checks a lot of the meta. Alcremie is also a fun mon to use, once its set up its diverse move pool surprises a lot of people. Dhelmise for rapid spin support and Steelix as an offensive rocker.

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Pincurchin @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Memento
- Discharge
- Toxic Spikes

Steelix @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Hitmonlee @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Throat Chop
- Earthquake

Dhelmise @ Leftovers
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Power Whip
- Anchor Shot
- Toxic

Alcremie (F) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire
- Draining Kiss
- Giga Drain

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1098798012
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1098815182

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:charizard::clefairy::copperajah::gastrodon::raichu-alola::weezing:

This team includes scarf Raichu-Alola as a way of revenging dangerous breakers such as Bewear, and Charizard (in sun), which are big threats to this team. The ev spread allows Raichu-A to take one sun boosted solar beam from Charizard after rocks, which forces it out and allows the team to gain momentum. The 5 other mons are meant to wall as much of the tier as possible while chipping the opposing team down so that Raichu-A can clean late game. Charizard outspeeds Morpeko, while the special attack investment allows it to hit ohko Virizion with air slash, the rest is put in hp for bulk. Weezing outspeeds max speed Rhydon to be able to burn it before taking damage, rest is put in hp and defense, I can't remember what the Copperajah spread does but it serves as an Indeedee counter with help from Clefairy's wishes. Gastrodon beats non-solar beam Charizard in sun and checks Snorlax together with Weezing.

:charizard::clefairy::gastrodon::perrserker::raichu-alola::weezing:

This version abuses Raichu-A more as it has nasty plot to be able to sweep weakened teams after getting chipped from the defensive core. In the early game Raichu would just volt on the switch-ins to get chip and only set up a np when its checks are in range of its attacks. Scarf Perrserker is used to serve as a soft check to psychics and can get heavy chip on Steelix and Copperajah with close combat. It outspeeds specs Indeedee and ohkoes with u-turn while the rest is put in special defense to better tank Indeedee's hits. The rest of the defensive core is the same as the previous version.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
:vileplume: :raichu-alola: :passimian: :snorlax: :mudsdale: :dhelmise:

I just grabbed the top meta mons (Plume, Passimian, Snorlax) and threw them together with 4 attacks Raichu. Despite this, the team looks pretty solid. Mudsdale sets rocks while Dhelmise removes hazards. This helps alleviate a lot of pressure from Raichu-A sinse hazards can be a nuisance. Passimian is one of RU's premier pokemon for speed contol and it fits perfectly on this team with it's Fighting-type STAB. Plume and Lax wall everything Raichu removes non choice scarf Fighting-types so that Snorlax can sweep later. Very easy to use and 1 dimensional team

trace

tell me
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
:raichu-alola: :passimian: :vileplume: :cramorant: :steelix: :ninetales:

I started with specs raichu for immediate power and paired it with scarf passimian to create a voltturn core. steelix is there to basically set up stealth rock and blanket check some mons. I then add vileplume cuz it's just too good to not use and pretty much checks stuff like mudsdale who'd otherwise threaten this team. Cramorant is basically here to check fire types + ground immune and to defog hazards away as raichu doesn't particularly like being exposed to hazard in general. Lastly, I added ninetales so I have a wincon for myself while preventing my team to get 6-0d from like frosmoth and vanilluxe.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:raichu-alola: :passimian: :froslass: :copperajah: :virizion: :drednaw: (click for importable)

I decided that I wanted to do VoltTurn + Spike stacking + other misc. powerful mons that check common threats.

:raichu-alola: LO 4 attacks Raichu-A has awesome coverage but appreciates chip on foes like Steelix, Snorlax, Copperajah, and many other miscellaneous offensive Pokemon that it cannot KO from 100% health (such as Indeedee).

:froslass: Froslass's Spike stacking accomplishes this. While Froslass isn't generally a good mon in SS RU, and I have never used it before in this tier, I think it fits very well onto this team because it can set Spikes while beating common forms of hazard control (Xatu dies to Ice Beam; Charizard gets TWaved and then 2HKOed by Hex). It also spreads paralysis with TWave, which is a nice way to lure in and cripple Salazzle and Ninetales, who pose a fairly big threat to this team.

:copperajah: Copperajah sets SR and checks Indeedee.

:virizion: :drednaw: SD Viriz and Drednaw hit hard and cover the team's defensive holes; Viriz can switch into Ground-type attacks from Rhydon/Mudsdale/Steelix, and Drednaw can switch into Salazzle.

:passimian: Scarf Passimian completes the Volt-Turn core with Raichu. The double fighting-type pairing of Pass and Viriz is nice because Stone Edge Virizion can often pave the way for Pass to clean up late-game, and Passimian's Knock Off can help remove Leftovers/Boots and make Spikes a bigger problem for opposing teams.

It's super fun to use! Enjoy! :heart:

Last edited:
:raichu-alola::vileplume::rhydon::passimian::escavalier:
(click for paste)

Being that the chosen Pokemon for this round was Alolan Raichu that was my immediate starting point in the builder

:raichu-alola: + :passimian:
I chose Passimian as my scarfer for this team due to the amazing synergy it and Raichu have. Passimian is able to handle troublesome dark-types and Snorlax for Raichu, while Raichu handles the bulky water types that give Passimian issues. These two also form an extremely potent volt turn core letting momentum stay in their favor.

:raichu-alola: + :passimian: + :escavalier:
Now that I have Passimian I wanted a solid answer to things like Indeedee and fairy types. Assault Vest Escavalier is 3HKOd by Scarf Indeedee at full and is 2HKOd by Specs. Escavalier also provides a secondary check to Snorlax, and a check to Psychic types for Passimian.

:raichu-alola: + :passimian: + :escavalier: + :rhydon:
I decided to add Rhydon to the team due to it being an amazing Salazzle answer. I chose a more Special Defense oriented spread due to most things that max speed adamant speed creeps are speed creeping it back. This spread allows you to be 3HKOd by +2 Salazzle's Fire Blast after Stealth Rock, rather than being near 2HKOD with no investment. Rhydon also handles troublesome pokemon like Charizard, but its also able to muscle past a lot of others after a boost, most notably Jellicent and Vileplume.

:raichu-alola: + :passimian: + :escavalier: + :rhydon: + :vileplume:
Vileplume is able to handle water-types that annoy Charizard and Rhydon while also acting as a physically defensive wall for the team. Vileplume is also able to provide offensive pressure after a Growth. This mon also checks fighting types like Passimian that can give Escavalier, Rhydon, and Raichu trouble.

:raichu-alola: + :passimian: + :escavalier: + :rhydon: + :vileplume: +

Lastly I added Charizard because it's able to provide hazard removal for the team. Charizard is also able to neuter Ninetales by poisoning it, and is able to roost against it fearing minimal damage. Steel types are also put in check by Charizard, specifically Escavalier and Silvally Steel which can become very problematic without it.

Round #1 - Voting Phase *click on the Team # to the find the description/importable of the team*
Team #1 - :Raichu-Alola::Pincurchin::Dhelmise::Scrafty::Silvally-Fairy: :Jellicent: by 413XPlayz
Team #2 - :Raichu-Alola::Pincurchin::Dhelmise::Steelix::Hitmonlee::Alcremie: by PooperScoopr
Team #3 - :Raichu-Alola::Charizard::Clefairy::Copperajah::Gastrodon::Weezing: by Mac3
:Raichu-Alola::Charizard::Clefairy::Perrserker::Gastrodon::Weezing: *version 2*
Team #4 - :Raichu-Alola::Vileplume::Passimian::Snorlax::Mudsdale::Dhelmise: by BP
Team #5 - :Raichu-Alola::Passimian::Vileplume::Cramorant::Steelix::Ninetales: by trace
Team #6 - :Raichu-Alola::Passimian::Froslass::Copperajah::Virizion::Drednaw: by Expulso
Team #7 - :Raichu-Alola::Vileplume::Charizard::Rhydon::Passimian::Escavalier: by Loom
Deadline for Voting is Wednesday, April 22nd at 11:59 PM GMT-4
*Remember that you may NOT vote for yourself if you have a submission*
*Also remember to vote for your top TWO favorite submissions (vote for the submission not the version)*
GOOD LUCK :)​

Last edited:

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator
The offensive core Raichu-Snorlax seems really interesting so BP's team is my favorite and then Mac3's mainly because of the robustness of the defensive core helped with the scarf Raichu, witch can outspeed every other scarf in the meta like Passimian or Indeedee.

Round #2: Crustle
While Crustle is completely unranked on the Viability Rankings, let's see if the builders out there can make a viable team around this Shell Smashing crab!
Deadline for Submissions is Monday, April 27th at 11:59 P.M. GMT-4
Good luck and have fun :)​

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:crustle::vanilluxe::slurpuff::silvally-dark::charizard::mr. mime-galar:

A veil team built around double hazard Crustle which allows for chip on opposing team for the sweepers of Slurpuff, Silvally, Charizard and Mr. Mime to have an easier time. Vanilluxe puts pressure on steels for Slurpuff and Mr. Mime while also setting up veil to allow the sweepers safe setup. Darkvally is a dangerous sweeper in its own right, but paired with Slurpuff it makes revenging Darkvally very dangerous as it would allow Slurpuff to set up and possibly sweep. SubBD Charizard is an underrated sweeper which very little teams prep for, as flying + fire coverage hits almost the whole tier for neutral damage, teams without a bulky rock type just drop to this thing, as it outspeeds scarf Indeedee, which is the fastest commonly used scarfer. The HP investment allows for the salac to be eaten at 25%. Slurpuff is pretty self-explanatory but Play Rough is STAB, Drain Punch hits steels, and Facade hits for good neutral damage. Mr. Mime gives this team hazard control while also being a sweeper thanks to rapid spin's +1 speed this generation together with NP.

termnal

formerly Lpow12

So obviously I started this team with Crustle, and I tried both double dance and shell smash sets but the extra coverage slot on the shell smash makes the difference so I went with shell smash. It is adamant with enough speed to out run Salazzle at plus 2 with the rest put into HP with heavy duty boots to preserve sturdy to guarantee a shell smash.

The next team member is Silvally fairy and its main job is to stop dragons and keep hazards off the field. Max HP and max speed make sure that it can get a defog off to clear the way for Rapidash or Virizion if they get chipped to low, and get a KO or 2 if your opponent thinks you are defensive. Parting shot helps keep momentum and offensive pressure on your opponent and toxic helps deal with opposing walls.

Scarf rapidash is a very good mon that I think has gone un-tested and it very good in the meta-game right now. It out runs scarf Vanilluxe, Accelgor, and Salazzle and with good coverage and pretty good base attack can hit almost any mon for neutral damage. The only drawback is its weakness to rocks so keeping them off the field or wish passing with Flareon is important.

Unaware Quagsire is a simply a good physical wall and I chose it over Gastrodon because of unaware. This allows it to check set up mons like DD Scrafty and belly drum Slurpuff without much trouble.

Choice specs Virizion is a special wall breaker and can break a lot of mons who switch in to it expecting a physical attacker. Double grass coverage helps is longevity with giga drain and air slash is for opposing Virizions or to his mons like Charizard and Salazzle for neutral damage. Specifically it deals with Steelix, Copperajah, Mudsdale, and opposing Virizions well.

The last mon on the team is SpDef cleric Flareon. This beats Salazzles without poison coverage 95% of the time. With wish and heal bell you will never get KO'ed and flare blitz breaks will always break Salazzle's sub. Heal bell is also good for stopping Salazzle from clicking toxic on every mon on the team. Heavy duty boots allow it to always switch in freely to keep most special attackers in check.​

(click)
+
For this team I decided to go with dual hazards Crustle with Aurora Veil support. This really lets Crustle shine due to augmenting its bulk and making it Taunt proof with Mental Herb, always letting you get at least 1 hazard up before being neutered. Vanilluxe being the setter can also take care of water-types like Gastrodon with Freeze Dry and Taunt opposing Pokemon.

++

Being that this is going down the Aurora Veil offense route I decided to add Slurpuff due to it being a terrifying set up sweeper while behind it. Slurpuff also acts as a fighting resist which greatly helps Vanilluxe.

++
+

Now that I have 3 steel weak Pokemon I decided to use Passimian as my steel-Type answer. Passimian also provides speed control due to it being Choice Scarfed.

++
+
+

Silvally-Ghost acts as an amazing set-up sweeper under veil, while also synergizing extremely well with Passimian which provides a dark-type check while also forming a u-turn core.

++
+
+
+

Lastly I added Salazzle due to it being another fighting resist and a secondary way to shred apart troublesome steel-types. Salazzle is also a very potent special attacker under veil and is able to deal massive damage after a Nasty Plot.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 1.13.45 AM.png

(sensei still forced me)

:crustle:
started with this because it's the mon to build around. cool mon and stuff, but really slow speed tier that can result in it being outsped by some scarfers even after a shell smash. hence, decided to go with somewhat of a lure set that could bait in certain checks to other stuff, pretty cool. power herb solar blade at +2 nukes the standard lazzle check, like rhydon, gastro and jellicent, all of which are comfortable taking a hit from standard shell smash crustle or can switch in to hazards crustle.

:crustle: + :salazzle:
speaking about lazzle, this mon is s rank and one of the strongest threats in ru, so why not add it in when theres such a cool lure. ideally, all of lazzle's common checks bar scarfers are lured in by +2 solar blade to let lazzle go ham.

:crustle: + :salazzle: + :froslass:
wanted to support crustle and lazzle with hazards, decided suicide lead froslass could be a pretty cool addition. not only does it do well into the standard fare hazard prevention such as xatu, or common rockers with taunt, it also has a fantastic speed tier that allows it to always get at least one layer of spikes up.

:crustle: + :salazzle: + :froslass: + :hattrem:
thought it'd be cool to add in some variant of hazard prevention to ensure that crustle's sturdy always stays intact. with spikes, couldn't really afford a defogger and the viable spinners didnt really fit too nicely in the team. enter hattrem, aka i picked this because xatu is boring. hattrem has surprisingly good defensive bulk coupled with eviolite that allows you to switch in decently well into common rockers, and also has good coverage along with nuzzle that allows you to cripple stuff that are looking to take advantage of hattrem to set up. also, if you didn't notice already, i dont have rocks, cuz rocks is a meme when boots exist and i dont have knock on this team + its spikes ho so didnt really wanna fit a boring rocker. hattrem provides a way to get rocks if u bounce them back.

:crustle: + :salazzle: + :froslass: + :hattrem: + :silvally-dark:
hey indeedee still exists in this tier, so i wanted something that is able to abuse indeedee being locked into psychic to set up. sd flame charge allows you to pretty much clean the entire tier pretty well, furthermore if they are being weakened by spikes on entry. psychic fangs can be slashed with iron head but i made the import at 1am so i cant be bothered to change it, but figured iron head could be cool to hit silv-fairy + other defensive fairies such as aromatisse looking to stop silvally-dark, while psychic fangs can hit your standard fare of virizion and other stuff.

:crustle: + :salazzle: + :froslass: + :hattrem: + :silvally-dark: + :whimsicott:
figured whimsicott could be cool here, since the common problem it faces as an offensive mon is that it sometimes comes short of 2hko'ing certain defensive mons. enter spikes, which can help whimsicott wear down these said defensive checks, and allow it to dent through opposing teams with its high speed tier and decent coverage options apart from stab. tailwind in the coverage moveslot allows support for late game crustle or salazzle or silvally-dark sweep by pushing them above common scarfers speed tier, and is a good move to click if opting to sack whimsicott or going for game with one of those sweepers.

Last edited:
Round #2 - Voting Phase *click on the Team # to the find the description/importable of the team* (sorry for the delay)
Team #1 - :crustle: :vanilluxe: :slurpuff: :silvally-dark: :charizard: :mr. mime-galar: by Mac3
Team #2 - :crustle: :silvally-fairy: :rapidash: :virizion: :quagsire: :flareon: by Lpow12
Team #3 - :crustle: :silvally-ghost: :vanilluxe: :salazzle: :slurpuff: :passimian: by Loom
Team #4 - :crustle: :salazzle: :froslass: :hattrem: :silvally-dark: :whimsicott: by gorex
Deadline for Voting is Friday, May 1st at 11:59 PM GMT-4
*Remember that you may NOT vote for yourself if you have a submission*
*Also remember to vote for your top TWO favorite submissions (vote for the submission not the version)*
GOOD LUCK :)​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)