Project SS NU Teambuilding Lab v2.0 (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I have a balance built around this core? I prefer my sets, but you can change it as you please. https://pokepast.es/a1ee8d15acdd52ed
Hi SimonBoi! Put together a balance for you centered around the two sets you wanted:

(Click the Image for the paste)
1626967652154.png

We tried to retain the Dragalge and Bronzong sets you requested, the main change made was to run speed on dragalge since its an offensive set.
Diancie was chosen as a bulky stealth rock setter with a dragon-type immunity and fire-type resistance to help out dragalge and bronzong defensively. Sirfetch'd was added as a key physical breaker to help dragalge disassemble teams, and Leek was opted for over Choice band to retain flexibility in chosing moves. Mantine was chosen as an obligatory Fighting resist/ ground immunity, blastoise check, as well as defog user to get rid of hazards. Rotom-mow was added as a speed control and pivot, as well as a method to cripple bulkier clerics and walls through trick. Something to remember with this team is that, since the requested core is very slow as is, and the bronzong set chosen was not stealth rock, the team was already resigned to having 3/6 very slow pokemon. This means that your main methods of speed control are Rotom-mow and Sirfetch'd First Impression. Keep this in mind if considering tricking away Rotom's Choice scarf as it is required on the team for emergency speed control when needed, especially if Sirfetch'd has gone down.

Hope you enjoy the team!

Hi SimonBoi! Put together a balance for you centered around the two sets you wanted:

(Click the Image for the paste)
View attachment 360354

We tried to retain the Dragalge and Bronzong sets you requested, the main change made was to run speed on dragalge since its an offensive set.
Diancie was chosen as a bulky stealth rock setter with a dragon-type immunity and fire-type resistance to help out dragalge and bronzong defensively. Sirfetch'd was added as a key physical breaker to help dragalge disassemble teams, and Leek was opted for over Choice band to retain flexibility in chosing moves. Mantine was chosen as an obligatory Fighting resist/ ground immunity, blastoise check, as well as defog user to get rid of hazards. Rotom-mow was added as a speed control and pivot, as well as a method to cripple bulkier clerics and walls through trick. Something to remember with this team is that, since the requested core is very slow as is, and the bronzong set chosen was not stealth rock, the team was already resigned to having 3/6 very slow pokemon. This means that your main methods of speed control are Rotom-mow and Sirfetch'd First Impression. Keep this in mind if considering tricking away Rotom's Choice scarf as it is required on the team for emergency speed control when needed, especially if Sirfetch'd has gone down.

Hope you enjoy the team!
Tysm!

Hello, I‘d like to request a team around Choice Specs Exploud. I feel like it‘s a cool mon that works well with a team that has measures to bring it in slowly and safely, and that‘s what I‘d like to experiment with.

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Is it possible to ask for a specs sylveon with a wishpasser in it?
Hey Eltigras , here is the team you requested!

Screenshot_1.png (click the image for the team)

So the team started it out with the core you requested: specs Sylveon and a wishpasser (this being Vaporeon). Vaporeon was chosen because it can deal with the rare fire types that exist in the tier and resist Sylveons main STAB. Talonflame and Heliolisk both provide momentum for Syvleon to come in and just click buttons. The former also provides defog support while the later provides speed control and a reliable check to Blastoise (if it ever decides to click shell smash). Bronzong provides rocks and a decent special wall while also providing a good breaker thanks to the ID+Body Press combo. Vileplume alliveates the pressure on Talonflame and Sylveon from fighting types and also completes the Fire/Water/Grass core with Vaporeon and Talonflame. Hope you enjoy the team!

Hey Eltigras , here is the team you requested!

View attachment 361600 (click the image for the team)

So the team started it out with the core you requested: specs Sylveon and a wishpasser (this being Vaporeon). Vaporeon was chosen because it can deal with the rare fire types that exist in the tier and resist Sylveons main STAB. Talonflame and Heliolisk both provide momentum for Syvleon to come in and just click buttons. The former also provides defog support while the later provides speed control and a reliable check to Blastoise (if it ever decides to click shell smash). Bronzong provides rocks and a decent special wall while also providing a good breaker thanks to the ID+Body Press combo. Vileplume alliveates the pressure on Talonflame and Sylveon from fighting types and also completes the Fire/Water/Grass core with Vaporeon and Talonflame. Hope you enjoy the team!
Thanks for the team. I must be a lowclass noob because i cant make it work as per freaking usual xD

Requesting a team around Machamp. The set is flexible, can be full 4 attacks w/ vest or Flame Orb, Bulk Up, etc.

Looking for a team build that chews up those balance/bulky offense teams w/ middling speed in the 60-80 range.

If anyone wants to go real experimental w/ this and try out some heat stuff they've been wanting to mess with then I'm game.

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
sad cricket noises :psycry:
:psywoke: Deeerpz
Aight bro sorry ab the wait, gonna be real completely forgot ab the request. BUT I have your requested team and because you’ve waited so long I have an extra bonus team for you. The Exploud one I have for you was not built by me though it was built by Pokeslice. The reason I didn’t build it is because I have been extremely busy with school and only started building again last night for NU Swiss, your request completely forgotten :psycry:

Nonetheless I am going to explain the idea of the two teams I have, both similar, and hopefully you like them!

:ss/ninjask: :ss/exploud: :ss/magneton: :ss/xatu: :ss/mudsdale: :ss/vaporeon:
(Click the sprites for the team paste)

Ninjask @ Heavy-Duty Boots/No Item
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dual Wingbeat/Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Protect
Ninjask serves as speed control for the team and a potential late game cleaner once it’s checks are gone or weakened. Pretty self explanatory, U-turn out on the Physical walls that try and check it and bring in Exploud to collect. No item acrobatics Jask could be used but only if you are confident in your ability to keep SR off your side of the field.

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Overheat
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
Originally Timid Nature, I made him Modest for the extra power. Click Boomburst and claim. Shadow Ball is specifically to hit Heatproof Bronzong, which is probably the best Exploud answer in the tier. Make sure to get Exploud in safely as it’s defenses are poor and it very much enjoys the safe switches.

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic/Teleport
Magneton is here to facilitate the Jask and Exploud sweeps. Trap Bronzong and the few Coppers around and volt around. It ks also the steel type for the team, so if you would like a bulkier spread you can go with this spread which barely avoids the 2hko from specs exploud. EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpA / 240 Spe. Offensive is still nice but it makes the opposing Dragalge and Exploud match up much harder. Make sure to almost always click Volt on the steels as they tend to have a move to hit Mag super effectively. Teleport is a cool option for people who are leaning towards Togedemaru as their Rotom Mow answer. Also let’s you take momentum from Flip Turn Dragalge and other slow pivots. Health on Mag is important otherwise your Rotom-Mow mu is very difficult.

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Psychic
- Roost
- Teleport
In order to keep hazards off, Xatu is here. It also serves as a fight resist, although be wary switching this into a Sirfetch’d as they do pack Knock Off.

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
SR setter and general purpose physical wall. Muds is important as it gives you a Volt Immune and a way to check threats like Drapion and Tauros. Protect is here to scout Scarf Rotom-Mow.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 40 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Here’s another team I’ve really been liking during NU Swiss.

https://pokepast.es/a8e2204fecc87566

Pretty self explanatory, just try and overwhelm fight resists with Croak or Pass, and then win with the other one and your defensive backbone.

Hope you enjoy the teams!

:psywoke: Deeerpz
Aight bro sorry ab the wait, gonna be real completely forgot ab the request. BUT I have your requested team and because you’ve waited so long I have an extra bonus team for you. The Exploud one I have for you was not built by me though it was built by Pokeslice. The reason I didn’t build it is because I have been extremely busy with school and only started building again last night for NU Swiss, your request completely forgotten :psycry:

Nonetheless I am going to explain the idea of the two teams I have, both similar, and hopefully you like them!

:ss/ninjask: :ss/exploud: :ss/magneton: :ss/xatu: :ss/mudsdale: :ss/vaporeon:
(Click the sprites for the team paste)

Ninjask @ Heavy-Duty Boots/No Item
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dual Wingbeat/Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Protect
Ninjask serves as speed control for the team and a potential late game cleaner once it’s checks are gone or weakened. Pretty self explanatory, U-turn out on the Physical walls that try and check it and bring in Exploud to collect. No item acrobatics Jask could be used but only if you are confident in your ability to keep SR off your side of the field.

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Overheat
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
Originally Timid Nature, I made him Modest for the extra power. Click Boomburst and claim. Shadow Ball is specifically to hit Heatproof Bronzong, which is probably the best Exploud answer in the tier. Make sure to get Exploud in safely as it’s defenses are poor and it very much enjoys the safe switches.

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic/Teleport
Magneton is here to facilitate the Jask and Exploud sweeps. Trap Bronzong and the few Coppers around and volt around. It ks also the steel type for the team, so if you would like a bulkier spread you can go with this spread which barely avoids the 2hko from specs exploud. EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpA / 240 Spe. Offensive is still nice but it makes the opposing Dragalge and Exploud match up much harder. Make sure to almost always click Volt on the steels as they tend to have a move to hit Mag super effectively. Teleport is a cool option for people who are leaning towards Togedemaru as their Rotom Mow answer. Also let’s you take momentum from Flip Turn Dragalge and other slow pivots. Health on Mag is important otherwise your Rotom-Mow mu is very difficult.

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Psychic
- Roost
- Teleport
In order to keep hazards off, Xatu is here. It also serves as a fight resist, although be wary switching this into a Sirfetch’d as they do pack Knock Off.

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
SR setter and general purpose physical wall. Muds is important as it gives you a Volt Immune and a way to check threats like Drapion and Tauros. Protect is here to scout Scarf Rotom-Mow.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 40 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Here’s another team I’ve really been liking during NU Swiss.

https://pokepast.es/a8e2204fecc87566

Pretty self explanatory, just try and overwhelm fight resists with Croak or Pass, and then win with the other one and your defensive backbone.

Hope you enjoy the teams!
I appreciate you coming through dude, thanks for the bonus team aswell.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT

roxiee is stepping down from the TB Lab due to being too busy on Smogon with other things. Thanks for all the help roxiee and maybe we'll see you back someday.

With this news, we're looking for a builder to take their place. PM me on here or Discord (Oathkeeper#2335) to apply!

While I build most of my teams I would like to request a team built around Life Orb Sheer Force Druddigon + Ninjask.
Hello Sabella, apologies for the long wait. Below are two teams, the first is by me and the second is by Meri Berry. Click the images for Pokepaste. Pokemon Card idea inspired by UU's version.

drudd.pngjask.pngcomfey.pngmagnet.pngdragalge.pngxatu.png

The team started off with the core that you requested, which was Druddigon and Ninjask. The speed on Druddigon outspeeds Goodra after a Scale Shot, though it can totally be swapped for a different move such as Gunk Shot or Sucker Punch. (you'll also outspeed modest eggy but no one uses it anyways) A cleric and form of hazard removal seemed important, which is where the Comfey comes into play. The speed on Comfey will outspeed Adamant/Modest Decidueye. Magneton is the next member of the team, helping form a nice voltturn core with the other members of the team. It is able to pressure Vaporeon and Steel types, with the speed for Modest Exploud. Dragalge also helps pressure Vaporeon, and appreciates Druddigon breaking/weakening common shared checks. It's also the Salazzle check of the team, which would otherwise be very threatening. Xatu walls (?) Mudsdale and Bronzong, and is the final component to this pivot team. Thanks everyone at teambuilding lab for helping create this team! Below are two replays I have collected of the team in action:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1401965994
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1402184784

drudd.pngjask.pngstarmie.pngmow.pngescavalier.pngrhydon.png

Unlike the other team, this team is less pivot-centric and instead focusses on pressuring common switch-ins to Ninjask and Druddigon. Starmie's acts as a decent status absorber against the likes of Bronzong, Mudsdale and more, while also serving as a potent breaker. Mowtom serves as a check to Ghost-Types, and helps form a nice pivot core with Ninjask. It also acts as an emergency defogger, and can help further pressure things like Diancie and Mudsdale. Escavalier can be a potent late-game cleaner/wincon, helping scout and further pressure things like Talonflame and Mudsdale. Rhydon is the volt immunity and SR setter of the team, also acting as a Salazzle and Tyrantrum check.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1402240210
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1402244287

Hope you like the teams!

Last edited:

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Hello Sabella, apologies for the long wait. Below are two teams, the first is by me and the second is by Meri Berry. Click the images for Pokepaste. Post idea inspired by UU's version.

View attachment 367045View attachment 367046View attachment 367047View attachment 367048View attachment 367049View attachment 367050

The team started off with the core that you requested, which was Druddigon and Ninjask. The speed on Druddigon outspeeds Goodra after a Scale Shot, though it can totally be swapped for a different move such as Gunk Shot or Sucker Punch. (you'll also outspeed modest eggy but no one uses it anyways) A cleric and form of hazard removal seemed important, which is where the Comfey comes into play. The speed on Comfey will outspeed Adamant/Modest Decidueye. Magneton is the next member of the team, helping form a nice voltturn core with the other members of the team. It is able to pressure Vaporeon and Steel types, with the speed for Modest Exploud. Dragalge also helps pressure Vaporeon, and appreciates Druddigon breaking/weakening common shared checks. It's also the Salazzle check of the team, which would otherwise be very threatening. Xatu walls (?) Mudsdale and Bronzong, and is the final component to this pivot team. Thanks everyone at teambuilding lab for helping create this team! Below are two replays I have collected of the team in action:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1401965994
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1402184784

View attachment 367057View attachment 367058View attachment 367059View attachment 367060View attachment 367061View attachment 367062

Unlike the other team, this team is less pivot-centric and instead focusses on pressuring common switch-ins to Ninjask and Druddigon. Starmie's acts as a decent status absorber against the likes of Bronzong, Mudsdale and more, while also serving as a potent breaker. Mowtom serves as a check to Ghost-Types, and helps form a nice pivot core with Ninjask. It also acts as an emergency defogger, and can help further pressure things like Diancie and Mudsdale. Escavalier can be a potent late-game cleaner/wincon, helping scout and further pressure things like Talonflame and Mudsdale. Rhydon is the volt immunity and SR setter of the team, also acting as a Salazzle and Tyrantrum check.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1402240210
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1402244287

Hope you like the teams!
The pokemon cards were a great touch haha. Going to look at these now thanks so much

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a team around Machamp. The set is flexible, can be full 4 attacks w/ vest or Flame Orb, Bulk Up, etc.

Looking for a team build that chews up those balance/bulky offense teams w/ middling speed in the 60-80 range.

If anyone wants to go real experimental w/ this and try out some heat stuff they've been wanting to mess with then I'm game.
Hey Grimm,
Sorry for the long way, I build a first team with a Xatu + Machamp core but after playing with it I really disliked it and scrapped the version.

:ss/Machamp::ss/Talonflame::ss/Rotom-Mow::ss/Bronzong::ss/Heliolisk::ss/Guzzlord:
>>team import<<
So I chose to build around what I believe is Machamps best set at the moment. Guts makes Machamp a really strong hitting pokemon without the need of an choice item to make proper use of its coverage. Talonflame and Rotom-C are two of the best pivots in the tier at the moment and add a lot of defensive value to the team, e.g. Talonflame checks the faster Fighting type breaker Sirfetch'd. They also synergize really well with each other, but their primary role is to bring in Matchamp. Bronzong is self explanatory and is just really good as a defensive backbone. I prefered Heatproof because the team already has two Ground type checks and Heavy Slam because you already have two Copperajah checks. Chocie Scarf Heliolisk adds speed control and a way of dealing with most Blastoise sets. Guzzlord helps the team to fight against the Ghost types like Decidueye, that like to come in on Heliolisk and Bronzong and also adds another check to Rotom-C and Celebi.

I hope you enjoy your team, let me know how it works for you!​

Pokeslice

Thanks for the Dance
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
requesting a team around nasty plot salazzle, a interesting mon that would be very fun to try out
I'm a big fan of NP Salazzle. It's a fantastic mon to play around with and a GIANT threat. Anyways, here's what I built for you!

:ss/salazzle: :ss/heliolisk: :ss/bronzong: :ss/mudsdale: :ss/mantine: :ss/passimian:
paste in sprites
:salazzle: :Heliolisk: - I wanted to build around NP Toxic Salazzle rather than the semi common Sash variants and Heliolisk made a fantastic partner, switching into Water-types like Vaporeon and Mantine and Volting out on Grass-types that come in on it, bringing Salazzle in for free. I went with Scarf for a way to pressure out faster Pokemon like Talonflame or Aerodactyl.
:bronzong: - Zong fit the team perfectly, as I needed a Ground switch in and a Psychic resist. I was originally SR, but changed it to IDBP as you'll see later. It also appreciated the Normal-typing from Lisk
:mudsdale: - I realized at this point that Drapion and Guzz kinda ran through the team and I needed a switch in of some kind. So, SR Mudsdale got added to the team. Smack Down was filler of choice here to better pressure Xatu, because with almost no chip, +2 Salazzle KO's it. Muds also helps versus Bronzong, especially Heatproof.
:Mantine: - At this point, I needed a Defogger, Sirfetchd switch in, and way to pressure Ground-types reliably, so I went with Mantine. Mantine also provides a secondary Ground immunity and another way to switch into Scald's for both Salazzle, Zong, and Mudsdale, making it a good fit. I opted for Toxic>Hurricane because the team handles Croak well and having another way to reliably beat Vaporeon is awesome.
:passimian: - This last slot took me a bit to pin down, but I wanted some offensive breaker that could either bait in or beat Guzzlord, a consistent Salazzle answer. I ended up deciding on CB Passimian, an underrated and cool set that baits in Sylveon for Salazzle and threatens out Guzzlord while laying out powerful CC's and baiting Talon. You can also bluff Scarf Passimian in a lot of games too, catching unexpected KO's.

In this last slot, I also really love CB Decid, but for the sake of an easier Guzz matchup I went with Passimian, but if you want to try it, here it is!
:decidueye:

I'm a big fan of NP Salazzle. It's a fantastic mon to play around with and a GIANT threat. Anyways, here's what I built for you!

:ss/salazzle: :ss/heliolisk: :ss/bronzong: :ss/mudsdale: :ss/mantine: :ss/passimian:
paste in sprites
:salazzle: :Heliolisk: - I wanted to build around NP Toxic Salazzle rather than the semi common Sash variants and Heliolisk made a fantastic partner, switching into Water-types like Vaporeon and Mantine and Volting out on Grass-types that come in on it, bringing Salazzle in for free. I went with Scarf for a way to pressure out faster Pokemon like Talonflame or Aerodactyl.
:bronzong: - Zong fit the team perfectly, as I needed a Ground switch in and a Psychic resist. I was originally SR, but changed it to IDBP as you'll see later. It also appreciated the Normal-typing from Lisk
:mudsdale: - I realized at this point that Drapion and Guzz kinda ran through the team and I needed a switch in of some kind. So, SR Mudsdale got added to the team. Smack Down was filler of choice here to better pressure Xatu, because with almost no chip, +2 Salazzle KO's it. Muds also helps versus Bronzong, especially Heatproof.
:Mantine: - At this point, I needed a Defogger, Sirfetchd switch in, and way to pressure Ground-types reliably, so I went with Mantine. Mantine also provides a secondary Ground immunity and another way to switch into Scald's for both Salazzle, Zong, and Mudsdale, making it a good fit. I opted for Toxic>Hurricane because the team handles Croak well and having another way to reliably beat Vaporeon is awesome.
:passimian: - This last slot took me a bit to pin down, but I wanted some offensive breaker that could either bait in or beat Guzzlord, a consistent Salazzle answer. I ended up deciding on CB Passimian, an underrated and cool set that baits in Sylveon for Salazzle and threatens out Guzzlord while laying out powerful CC's and baiting Talon. You can also bluff Scarf Passimian in a lot of games too, catching unexpected KO's.

In this last slot, I also really love CB Decid, but for the sake of an easier Guzz matchup I went with Passimian, but if you want to try it, here it is!
:decidueye:
thanks for the team man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)