Project SS NU Boss of the Sauce: Season 2: The Revival and Rebrand @ #264

Aawin

whole lotta vibes in the city
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
NUPL Champion
Before I forget as well, I'll post mine
bots.png

Expected to be a lot lower, but I'm chill with how this turned out

https://pokepast.es/bab4f2cdb4373bd9 the team I used, utilized Charjabug on this semi-decent webs team. This was the final draft of the team, where I climbed to my final ELO. A couple substitutions were made, i.e changing Garbodor's set eventually because spikes are nuts, and I had a Rapidash over Malamar (Malamar was added recently because Indeedee ran me over with expanding force), and Basculin was special, but since it got Flip Turn, I decided to use it.

However, my most creative set got me from 1000 to 1280
garbodor.gif

Garbodor
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thief
- Gunk Shot
- Stomping Tantrum
- Toxic

This set was pre-dlc, before Garbodor got Corrosive Gas, but my team struggled with the fatter eviolite mons such as Clefairy and Ferroseed, and Piloswine to an extent. Thief was epic because it shut down these fatter mons by stealing their eviolite, making them weaker versus my team. It also stole heavy-duty boots from Rotom-S and Rotom-F, making them take stealth rock damage. Two interactions that were beneficial were versus opposing Garbodor, where they run either black sludge or rocky helmet, both items Garbodor appreciates. The spread is ideal because it outruns jolly/timid Abomasnow, and can steal its light clay before it can set up Aurora Veil, or get a super effective hit off.

I definitely forgot to snag replays, it didn't even cross my mind.

also Charjabug is a nice check to physical attackers, will eat sand if it rises to NU

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
1592842566258.png

Creative Set

Basculin @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Liquidation
- Superpower
- Hydro Pump
- Aqua Jet

You make your opponent think you are just physical and then bam, their avalugg is destroyed by hydro!!! Basculin is cool because of adapdability stab, is really fast and can revenge kill with aqua jet, specs is cool as well ;o

I went for charjabug webs, but due to a personal loss this past weekend and related events, I didn't get to do a proper ladder run unforch.

I opted for an odd team to try and take advantage of webs.

Charjabug @ Eviolite
Ability: Battery
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Running both Toxic and Twave on spdef charja ended up working better than I thought since it is pretty bulk and hard to get rid of quickly through offense, so this allowed it ample time to cripple away the enemy after webs were set.

1592844146234.png

Looking forward to next week so I can put in some competition at least.

I started with charjabug webs but once dlc dropped I switched to some meme pincurchin stuff.
Most of my points were generated by pincurchin teams so I'll post a creative set from one of those teams.
Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rising Voltage
- Shadow Ball
- Rain Dance
- Weather Ball

I found it hard to breakthrough opponents teams with Rising Voltage since so sanda and pilo were so common, so I opted to run Rain Dance on the switch to scare them out with a weatherball, unfortunately it just led to some prediciton games of the opponent doubling around.
1592851859828.png

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
peak:
Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 8.54.03 PM.png

Here's an outdated team I used with special def Pincurchin. That set had a really cool niche of switching into specs Indeedee, which is gone, and its main defensive support Porygon2 is also banned so the team really isn't worthwhile in the least now.

This was a funky weak as pin got a huge buff with the introduction of Rising Voltage, and we saw a lot of teams try to test it out that weren't even BOTS accounts. I tried the other bugs, and all were very bad for the most part. Even Charja could have probably been better replaced by Orbeetle at this point.

Aawin

NUPL Champion
Okay, so with the time limit up for voting, I'm officially calling it for week one! Congrats to Elias PSY on solidifying their spot in the tournament as this weeks boss, and to skierdude101 for winning the 3 extra bonus points! Points will be listed below!

Week one- This shit bugs me standings-
Boss- Elias Psy- 1469 Elo - 18 pts
2nd- Soup Eater - 1460 Elo- 15 pts
3rd- Aawin - 1385 Elo- 13 pts
4th- Ho3nConfirm3d - 1350 Elo - 11 pts
5th- Yoshiblaze - 1293 Elo - 9 pts
6th- schleeby - 1280 Elo - 7 pts
7th- Luck O' the Irish - 1225 Elo- 5 pts
8th- skierdude101 - 1214 Elo- 6 pts (3 pts plus bonus 3 from creative set)
9th- z3ll1- 1204 Elo- 2 pts
10th and below- xerovis GW Sablenite - 1 pt
No participation- MonkeySniper Machineae ToastedBunzzz02- 0 pts

Week two will be up shortly, getting the draft ready for it :) Week two will run starting tomorrow (June 24th) at noon gmt -4 until June 30th at 11:59 (23:59) PM gmt -4. Please register your next weeks alt as "XXXX" BOTS2!

Aawin

NUPL Champion
Now for week 2!

Week 2- Items galore!

This weeks theme, courtesy of quziel's suggestion and schleeby's and xerovis' approval, is based around items! Not just any items, however! This week focuses on the items that do not see much competitive play! A list below will be given, and you can give input on which items I forgot, and which I should take out.

Absorb Bulb, Adrenaline Orb, Air Balloon, ANY BERRIES (HP RESTORING OR TYPE RESIST), Blunder Policy, Cell Battery, Eject Button, Eject Pack, Electric Seed + other seeds, Luminous Moss, Mental Herb, Normal Gem, Power Herb, Red Card, Room Service, Snowball, Throat Spray, Weakness Policy, White Herb

ANY TYPE BOOSTING ITEM (Mystic Water, Metal Coat, etc.), Big Root, Binding Band, Bright Powder, Expert Belt, Flame Orb (and Toxic Orb), Focus Band, Grip Claw, Iron Ball, Kings Rock, Metronome, Muscle Band, Protective Pads, Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Ring Target, ROCKS (Damp, Heat, Icy, Smooth) Safety Goggles, Scope Lens, Shed Shell, Shell Bell, Sticky Barb, Terrain Extender, Utility Umbrella, Wide Lens, Wise Glasses, Zoom Lens

The requirements- one consumable item (throat spray, electric seed, etc.), one policy (blunder or weakness), and one item of your choice! Three mons will have the non-standard items, while the other 3 will be standard

edit 1- took out smoke ball, does not exist on PS!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)