Not open for further replies.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
SS CAP Cyclohm Cup II
[based on sparktrain's original Cyclohm Cup]
[art by Rocket Grunt]

1630872008587.png
Okay pals, it's time to open up signups for CAP's long-awaited mini team-tour, the Cyclohm Cup. The premise of the tour is very simple: users sign up in groups of three or as a free agent. Free agents may later be assigned to teams or grouped together to form new teams. The current plan is for each team to play each other in a round-robin format, then depending on the number of participants the top 2 or 4 teams will play each other in a single-elimination format. If we get a high enough volume of signups, the general tournament format will switch from round-robin to single elimination. Each game will be a best of one in the SS CAP format. The team that wins 2 out of 3 wins the week. A sample matchup would look like this:

Team 1 vs Team 2
Player A vs Player X
Player B vs Player Y
Player C vs Player Z
All standard Smogon tournament rules apply. Since this is a team tour I do feel it necessary to emphasize the fact that ghosting is illegal, and will result in your team's immediate disqualification. I will also mention now that posting replays is required if you want a winpost to be valid. If no replay is saved, the game will be invalid. No exceptions.

When signing up, please have one member of the team post the list of all three members, as well as a name for your team. Please keep team names civil and respectful. Those on the team that don't make the post should like the post to confirm that they do in fact want to be on the team.

Signups will be open until September 12th at 11:59pm GMT-5, with week one starting immediately afterward.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Since we're nearing the end of signups, I find it pertinent to suggest for everyone signed up as a free agent to contact one another to form a team, otherwise the free agent teams will be randomly assigned. With 5 free agents signed up there will be two who don't get placed on a team, barring additional signups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)