Other Metagames [SS Alternatium] Shiny Teeth and Me

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Greetings all. To celebrate Alternatium's recent awarding of Pet Mod of the Season, I have decided to craft a RMT to give the metagame some hype prior to it's ladder launch on Showdown!

Alternatium is a Gen 8 National Dex based Pet Mod in which the main concept is that only Pokemon that have alternate forms on Showdown are allowed, and each form is redesigned to be it's own unique Pokémon. For example, Keldeo and Keldeo-Resolute are no longer the same Pokémon with the exception of sprites, now they are both redesigned to be very distinct from each other and in the case of Resolute even received new names to boot.
IMG_20220102_194601.jpg

With 128 unique Pokémon, Alternatium is quite the diverse metagame, with several unexpected top metagame threats waiting to be explored.

Now with that done with, time to get into the team itself, Shiny Teeth and Me

:shaymin::deoxys-attack::sandslash::corsola-galar::eternatus-eternamax::genesect:
(Click Link to get the PokePaste)

:ss/Shaymin:
Typing: Grass
Statine: 115/60/115/85/95/85
Abilities: Poison Heal | HA: Unaware
Shaymin @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Ability: Poison Heal
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Toxic

Shaymin serves as the defensive glue of the team, checking multiple threats such as Kyogre-Primal, Sandslash-Lustrous and Dugtrio, while also serving the role of status sponge. Giga Drain and Knock Off are it's chief forms of dealing damage while not being overtly passive, being able to stomach quite a few hits with it's massive 115/115/95 bulk compounded with Poison Heal. It's physical bulk is maximized to tango with the multitude of Ground types in the tier, and with PH it can avoid the 2HKO from Modest Specs Hydro Pump in Heavy Rain from Primal Ogre.

:ss/deoxys-attack:
Typing: Rock / Dragon
Statline: 60/115/75/115/75/110
Abilities: Life Gem*
Life Gem - Essentially Life Orb as an ability
Deoxys-Gem @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Life Gem
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Deoxys-Gem serves as the main wallbreaker on the team, being able to drop massive Draco Meteors, heavily denting teams that lack the proper switchins. It's ability Life Gem gives ut a second Life Orb, allowing Deoxys to shine bright as it utilizes the full extent of it's offensive movepool. Mixed sets hit hard on both sides, being able to simultaneously muscle past SpD wals like Raticate-Alola with Stone Edge and cleanly OHKO any Slowbro with Draco Meteor that feels confident to stand in the wake of its attacks. 110 Speed is a good speed tier to get on too, as it gets the jump on various Silvally forms and beasts like Thundurus-Therian.

:ss/sandslash:
Typing: Ground / Fairy
Statline: 79/125/75/69/85/97
Abilities: Sand Rush | HA: Pixilate
Sandslash-Lustrous @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Pixilate
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Return
- Fake Out

Sandslash-Lustrous is the team's resident S Rank and provides crucial unblockable hazard removal for the team via Fairy type Rapid Spin. Fairy Ground is near unresisted coverage in the metagame, sans Rotom-Fan, allowing it to reck havoc on teams. Even with no boosting item it still deals big damage, allowing it the freedom to utilize Leftovers to provide it more longevity and give it more opportunities to get rid of rocks. Fake Out also carves the niche of decently strong priority to revengekill weakened threats. 97 Speed is a key speed tier, giving it the jump on the overcrowed 95 speed tier, making some Silvallies and Darmanitan quake in their boots.

:ss/corsola-galar:
Typing: Water / Ghost
Statline: 100/100/70/70/100/70
Abiities: Levitate | HA: Liquid Scales*
Liquid Scales - If targeted by a foe's move, this Pokemon restores 1/10 max HP.
Corsoul @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Scales
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Strength Sap
- Poltergeist
- Scald

Corsoul sets rocks, spams Scald and nails resists with a decently strong Poltergeist. Liquid Scales gives Corsoul a second set of Leftovers, greatly augmenting it's already good bulk, making it our best bet as a SpD tank. Strength Sap and Scald ensure it can go toe to toe with big threat SD Sandslash-Lustrous while still keeping up Rocks. 148 SpD with a Sassy Nature allows Corsoul to avoid the 2HKO from Specs Deoxys-Speed's Psycho Boost, while dumping the rest into Defense allowing it to live a few stray Knock Offs and soften up certain attacks.

:ss/Eternatus-eternamax:
Typing: Dragon / Fighting
Statline: 110/170/85/30/105/50
Abilities: Rough Skin / Iron Fist | HA: Defiant
Manustorm @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brick Break
- Recover
- Dragon Tail
- Spikes

Manustorm is a peculiar Pokémon. With its statline one might think it is simply too powerful, until you look at it's list of physical STABs and realise that it sums up to Brick Break, Dragon Tail and Focus Punch. This team utilizes a contact punishing set with RH + Rough Skin, taking out a quarter of a foe's HP just for attacking. It's main role is to consistently swap into Kyogre-Primal and set Spikes, while being able to force out foes with DTail racking up hazard chip in the process. Even uninvested, Brick Break hits liie a truck, always maintaining Manustorm's offensive presence versus offending builds. It can serve as a blanket Water and Rock type check in general, and gives the team one of its best bets versus most Rain builds.

:ss/genesect-douse: (yes, I know)
Typing: Steel / Bug
Statline: 85/110/75/110/75/110
Ability: Private Wi-Fi*
Private Wi-Fi - Secondary type changes to the Drive it is holding. When active Pokemon share a type, all have their highest stat raised by one stage.
Genesect-Password @ Shock Drive
Ability: Private Wi-Fi
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Techno Blast
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Genesect-Password, unlike any other variant of Genesect in the meta, is designed exclusively around utilizing each Drive in a unique way. When it holds the Shock Drive, it summons Charge upon switchin, making it's next Electric type move be a massive nuke everytime it switches in. This combined with it's ability Private Wi-Fi, that replaces the Bug typing with Electric, makes it quite the formidable threat to face. But the secondary aspect of Private Wi-Fi is Password's key to success. When it faces an opposing Steel or Electric type, it gets a boost to it's highest stat (Speed in this case) which turns it into a very scary sweeper. This makes it very adept at preying upon popular opposing Steel types, and thanks to its colourful coverage, it's able to easily 1v1 most of them and proceed to sweep. It id a double edged sword however, as the ability also boosts the foe's highest stat, leading to some interesting matchups. Opposing Electric types generally tend to exploit this to their benefit as well, so be smart to keep it from randomly switching in on them.

Major Threats to the team.
:Genesect: Genesect-Delta
Quite honestly this Pokémon is nuts, my best best against offensive variants of this Pokémon is to chip it down and just preserve the health of my own Genesect to 1v1 it, as otherwise, its Expanding Forces comb down my squad with little opposition.

:Weezing-galar: Weezing-King
Bullies the hell out of my defensive Core thanks its Dark/Fairytyping, bulk and Neutralizing Gas, and gives a few of my offensive threats hell too. Genesect should be able to freely swap into any of it's usual moves though, but it's definitely an annoying presence to face and eats up alot of my momentum.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8alternatium-274

I only got the one replay, but the rest have either been corrupted or unable to be uploaded in their current format, but the team has been played versus alot of players, so it's battle tested.

Shoutouts

Shout out to several players who helped test this team and eventually shaped it to be what it is Deviation395 Scoopapa Superior Serperior abismal Moretto

Shoutout to DuoM2 who inspired me to create this team in the first place, primarily so they could get into the metagame.

Special Shoutout to ViZar, who I not only faced with the team, but has been a solid pillar in general to help me personally run this metagame and do the bulk of the work to ake this metagame playable. Big thanks to him!

Now that that's all out of the way, I hope you all enjoy the build and get excited for Alternatium when it finally gets its ladder later this year.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)