[SRS BSNS] A tag for a FORVM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought of this idea a while ago but can say I am not hell bent on it. just thought to share it out.

I have an idea that if we placed a tag for serious discussions that the poster can use to show its a serious discussions, it definitely will improve the quality of contributions to the thread.

Now of course I am sure we love how hilarious discussions can steer off course at "a FORVM" and we probably are not going to be to quick to get rid of that. However is there actually is topics that are to be taken serious it will be more serious if there was a tag looming in it.

A tag won't make a difference to users want to troll a serious thread. Besides, it would just clutter up the forum and make it look ugly IMO.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do really serious topics even get derailed like that anymore? I know some guy whined about it around a year ago which is why there's a sticky that says to treat serious treads seriously. Honestly, i haven't seen such derailing happen in a long time.

Anyway, tags have their place in forums like C&C but they aren't really appropriate for a forum. A serious thread with a solid OP and thread title doesn't need a tag to not get derailed. Also they're ugly like Omi said.

threads aren't divided into just 'serious' and 'not'. every thread created in a forum has its own style, and thus a forum needs to be moderated on a case by case basis. it's up to the staff to decide what goes and what doesn't in a particular thread to keep it on track.

in other words, i don't see this being helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)