Tournament Spotlight Trios II - The Real Winner Is The Friends We Made Along The Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
approved by corruption

art by in the hills
OP lightly stolen from Eggs OMM Trios
Welcome to the second-ever Spotlight Trios! The goal of this tour is to have some fun games with friends and Spotlight non-perma-ladder OMs!

In this tournament, the tiers played are:
Re-Evolution
Inverse
Fortemons

Players should sign up as teams of three (and provide a team name) with each player being assigned a particular tier, or as free agents while stating their tier preferences. Signing up as a free agent is a good way to advertise your availability, and you can get picked up by a team later (if this happens, please delete your free agent sign up). Depending on sign ups, I may try and group un-teamed free agents into teams after sign ups close.

An example team sign up:
Code:
Team name: The Terrific Talonflames
Inverse: in the hills
Re-Evolution: Isaiah
Fortemons: UT
If I signed up as a free agent, my post would look like one of these:
Code:
Free agent, can play anything
Code:
Free agent, prefer to play Inverse
All standard tournament rules and guidelines apply. This means that ghosting is not allowed, including from teammates. Replays are mandatory. Also, since this tour is primarily to showcase the metagames, we want to avoid deadgames if at all possible. To encourage this, the first tiebreaker for playoffs will be total games played, then differential. This means that even if your team has already won the week 2-0, playing the last game is always better for playoff positioning.

Depending on the number of sign ups, there will be a 3-5 week regular season, followed by a 1-2 week playoff. My goal is to maximize the number of teams included, which may require pool play; if it’s a number that works well for weeks however, we will do weeks. Please make sure you are able to play for the entire tour, as there are no subs.

Signups will close whenever I damn we’ll feel like it! Good luck to all!

Last edited:

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
The Scarlet Division
Team OM Mods (name TBD): in the hills KaenSoul Kris
Three Lions: Greybaum beauts Tea Guzzler
Free Agents 1: ASKid679 rarre MultiPokemon
Free Agents 2: Turtlek giove97 Runoisch

The Violet Division;
The Other Guys 2.0 (Losr Will Be Remembered): TTTech Career Ended Nihilslave
The Real Agency(Not Fake)(Truthful)(Never False): thebestever543 Parmesan Cheese Codename C.A.T
Paul Blart: Mall Copperajah: AquaticCarlie Joeshh jawabarat
Ponchlake Turned TPP into a Newt: ponchlake Cratersmash Sulo
Week 1
Team OM Mods vs Free Agents 1
Three Lions vs Free Agents 2
The Other Guys vs Paul Blart
The Real Agency vs Ponchlakes

Week 2
Team OM Mods vs Free Agents 2
Three Lions vs Free Agents 1
The Other Guys vs Ponchlakes
The Real Agency vs Paul Blart

Week 3
Team OM Mods vs Three Lions
Free Agents 1 vs Free Agents 2
The Other Guys vs The Real Agency
Paul Blart vs Ponchlakes

Last edited:

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
Appeals + C&C Lead
Scarlet StandingsPointsGames PlayedDifferential
Team OM Mods46+4
Three Lions46+4
Free Agents 206-2
Free Agents 106-6

Violet StandingsPointsGames PlayedDifferential
Ponchlake Turned TPP into a Newt46+4
Paul Blart: Mall Copperajahs26+2
The Other Guys260
The Real Agency01-6

Last edited:

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
Appeals + C&C Lead
In a three-way tie for first place we have Inverse, Fortemons, and Re-Evolution, so that’s what we’ll play!

Sign ups are now open! Feel free to sign up as a full team, or with free agents. Good luck!

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
Appeals + C&C Lead
Alright, sign ups are closed, it's time to get this show on the road!

We had nine free agents that I sorted into three teams; time to make new friends! (If you want to provide a new team name, just let me know). There are two, four team divisions found here, and the tour format is going to be a three week regular season where the top two teams from each division go to the playoffs!

Replays are required, please play all your games (total games played will be the first tiebreaker!!!), schedule on walls please (posting 'contacted' here counts for literally nothing), I hope all teams have fun, etc. Also, since this is week-based, if you want to switch your slots between weeks, just DM me; otherwise I will assume you keep the same slots.

Without further ado, Week 1!

Week 1

OM Mods - [3][0] - Free Agents 1
Inverse: in the hills vs ASKid679
Re-Evolution: KaenSoul vs rarre
Fortemons: Kris vs MultiPokemon

Three Lions - [2][1] - Free Agents 2
Inverse: beauts vs Turtlek
Re-Evolution: Greybaum vs giove97
Fortemons: Tea Guzzler vs Runoisch

The Other Guys - [2][1] - Paul Blart: Mall Copperajahs
Inverse: Career Ended vs AquaticCarlie
Re-Evolution: TTTech vs Joeshh
Fortemons: Nihilslave vs jawabarat

The Real Agency - [0][3] - Ponchlake Turned TPP into a Newt
Inverse: Parmesan Cheese vs ponchlake
Re-Evolution: thebestever543 vs Cratersmash
Fortemons: Codename C.A.T vs Sulo

The deadline for week 1 is Monday, February 13th at 10:00 AM EST!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)