Other [SPOILERS] Ubers Crown Tundra DLC Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I posted the team above with the thought that none of the new pokes would be too ridiculous, but boy is Calyrex causing everyone to freak out, and for good reason.

It’s stats are: 100.85.80.165.100.150, making it faster than even Zacian, and it has a 120 BP Ghost move with unnerve and a special version of moxie combined. It has Psyshock to hit special walls and Draining Kiss for Dark-types. It’s pretty nuts, obviously. The only relief is that it’s typing, Ghost/Psychic is absolutely bad defensively, and it’s overall pretty frail. My fear with this mon was that it was going to have nothing that could switch-in to it defensively, but it appears at least Yveltal can do the job:

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Calyrex-2 Draining Kiss vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 250-294 (54.8 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Calyrex-2: 424-504 (124.3 - 147.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The good thing about defensive Yveltal is that you don’t need offensive investment at all, you can still get momentum with foul play/knock off/u-turn. This is also without an item so you’re free to run Boots or anything else. I think this could be a staple for Balance teams post-dyna ban.

Marshadow and Giratina-O will likely see more usage since they can Shadow Sneak him as well, I expect Psyspam teams to make some sort of a return due to this. It’s also just slow enough that base 90 Scarfers like Kyogre can come in and revenge kill it.

Calyrex will definitely be a beast and has a lot of options up it’s sleeve. You can run Sub to stop priority moves, or use Trick to mess up Yveltal. You can even drop Psychic coverage and go for Sub + NP or something else. Maybe resist berries could be decent, as well. It’s ability to snowball with it’s ability will be really insane. Hopefully revenge killing and Yveltal may be able to help at least somewhat keep it in check defensively, but we’ll have to see. I hope the meta doesn’t become too offensive with this and Zacian and Kyogre running around.

(Obv all the above is subject to change with more info + is meant for when dyna hopefully gets banned)

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
What if? Lunala had good stats? The question finally answered. I think Regielectric or w/e its called might have potential provided it gets hazards or support move such as Sr / taunt / spikes / magic coat whatever, a offensive hazard mon with 200 speed is absolutely menacing. not sure what else to comment, Kyogre is back, Kyogre is Kyogre, Rain good etc etc.

The Ice one is really disappointing LOL like usual ice pokemon, always a disappointment

Last edited:
What if? Lunala had good stats? The question finally answered. I think Regielectric or w/e its called might have potential provided it gets hazards or support move such as Sr / taunt / spikes / magic coat whatever, a offensive hazard mon with 200 speed is absolutely menacing. not sure what else to comment, Kyogre is back, Kyogre is Kyogre, Rain good etc etc.

The Ice one is really disappointing LOL like usual ice pokemon, always a disappointment
Poor Ice Rider.
Its stats and sig move are insane too. Excluding speed of course. 50 speed unfortunately means it just gets outsped by everything. At least you can set Trick Room and do a WP set or smth.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
To make up for my post on the top, here's another team, one which I've been using on ladder:
https://pokepast.es/c76514ea56c941ab

I tried to make a somewhat balanced team for this meta and it's actually pretty fun to play with, despite probably not gonna end up being good in the long run. Scarf Ogre can revenge Calyrex and just melts shit with Spout, Calyrex does it's thing and kills almost everything, and tbh it's so fast it basically acts like a secondary scarfer. The rest of the mons are just to try and deal with the insane amount of offensive threats currently. Lugia is honestly pretty fun to use, as it can spread Twaves to a lot of members of the opponent's team and it deals with Zacian and Xern fairly well, a good blanket check to a lot of things. Special Defensive Ygod, as I said above, is the best and probably only counter to Calyrex at the moment, and it can do a lot with it's utility options so it's not just a sitting duck. Nec is mainly here for more Zacian and Xern checks, as well as a back-up physical wall and Steel-type, not to mention Rocks (a lot of Focus Sash nonsense on ladder of course). Eternatus is my primary water resist and it's nice to use vs. other more balanced teams due to it's high speed and Toxic. I also gave it Haban Berry to lure out Ditto, giving Calyrex more opportunities to sweep. Might want to find a place for Defog somewhere on this team for webs.

Currently the meta is a mess and will continue to be so unless dynamax is banned, so try to have fun with it and experiment til dyna ban hopefully comes.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
1. When will Game Freak learns to stop making bulky ice types??? They've made offensively oriented ones before, like Weavile, and it has been pretty good in a lot of OUs.
2. What do you guys think about Naganadel with Dynamax + Max Ooze + Beast Boost? I know it's extremely frail and there's Zacian (though it doesn't like Fire Blast), but I think it might have potential or at least a niche. (In case you didn't know Max Ooze is the max move that boosts SpA lol)

1. When will Game Freak learns to stop making bulky ice types??? They've made offensively oriented ones before, like Weavile, and it has been pretty good in a lot of OUs.
2. What do you guys think about Naganadel with Dynamax + Max Ooze + Beast Boost? I know it's extremely frail and there's Zacian (though it doesn't like Fire Blast), but I think it might have potential or at least a niche. (In case you didn't know Max Ooze is the max move that boosts SpA lol)
Naganadel is handled defensively by common mons such as Eternatus, Zacian-C, and NDM, and there are many more reliable mons that exist that can sweep better while also having more bulk and speed and don't need Dynamax to be effective. It's also prone to being easily revenged due to the prevalence of faster threats that can OHKO it, most noticeably Calyrex-Shadow-Rider.
I highly doubt Naganadel will have a viable niche outside of being an offensive threat that can use Spikes.

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
Naganadel is handled defensively by common mons such as Eternatus, Zacian-C, and NDM, and there are many more reliable mons that exist that can sweep better while also having more bulk and speed and don't need Dynamax to be effective. It's also prone to being easily revenged due to the prevalence of faster threats that can OHKO it, most noticeably Calyrex-Shadow-Rider.
I highly doubt Naganadel will have a viable niche outside of being an offensive threat that can use Spikes.
Hmmmm....
252 SpA Naganadel Max Wyrmwind vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eternatus: 470-554 (97.1 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Naganadel Max Flare vs. 152 HP / 0 SpD Zacian-Crowned: 268-316 (73.8 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Naganadel Max Flare vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 210-247 (52.7 - 62%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I see your point, but getting OHKO-ed or 2HKO-ed doesn't look like a great check, doesn't it? I mean NDM can take advantage of Naga's fire moves with WP (and it can Dynamax for now, though I doubt that it will last) but Zacian obviously can't switch in and coming in after Naga got a kill means Naga's got a speed and possibly a SpA boost or sun. And it's not completely Dynamax-reliant --- it can set up NP or Spikes while not Dynamaxed.
Also revenging it often implies that it got a kill already, and Beast Boost boosts its speed, so I doubt that Calyrex-Shadow-Rider will be able to revenge it.

I get that it can be defensively checked by many mons, and there are other (often better) alternatives, but it can still have a niche, can't it?

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Hmmmm....
252 SpA Naganadel Max Wyrmwind vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eternatus: 470-554 (97.1 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Naganadel Max Flare vs. 152 HP / 0 SpD Zacian-Crowned: 268-316 (73.8 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Naganadel Max Flare vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 210-247 (52.7 - 62%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I see your point, but getting OHKO-ed or 2HKO-ed doesn't look like a great check, doesn't it? I mean NDM can take advantage of Naga's fire moves with WP (and it can Dynamax for now, though I doubt that it will last) but Zacian obviously can't switch in and coming in after Naga got a kill means Naga's got a speed and possibly a SpA boost or sun. And it's not completely Dynamax-reliant --- it can set up NP or Spikes while not Dynamaxed.
Also revenging it often implies that it got a kill already, and Beast Boost boosts its speed, so I doubt that Calyrex-Shadow-Rider will be able to revenge it.

I get that it can be defensively checked by many mons, and there are other (often better) alternatives, but it can still have a niche, can't it?
I think you kinda proved his point by only showing Dynamax calcs. Yeah it could have a niche, but you would certainly be handicapping yourself by using it. It would be extremely prediction reliant as well, as Eternatus and Zacian-C are both faster, so one wrong move and that shit is too frail to take any kind of hit from those mons. Additionally, any team running a Blissey or Chansey and this thing is toast. Just pivot in, TP out into Eternatus and Naga is history.

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
I think you kinda proved his point by only showing Dynamax calcs. Yeah it could have a niche, but you would certainly be handicapping yourself by using it. It would be extremely prediction reliant as well, as Eternatus and Zacian-C are both faster, so one wrong move and that shit is too frail to take any kind of hit from those mons. Additionally, any team running a Blissey or Chansey and this thing is toast. Just pivot in, TP out into Eternatus and Naga is history.
Fair. Just note that Draco Meteor still OHKOes Eternatus after rocks and Fireblast still 2HKOes Zacian-C. Can't say you're wrong, though. I'm still gonna use it just because I can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)