SPL XV Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
It's time to kick off this SPL season, starting off with deciding team managers. Only post in this thread if you would like to signup to manage, any other kind of posts will be deleted and your posting access in Tournament Policy may be revoked. Everyone (past, assistant, and new managers alike) are required to sign up if you wish to manage with no exceptions. You are allowed to sign up as a solo manager (i.e. you do not necessarily have to sign up with an assistant manager anymore.) Draft will be scheduled for weekend of the 6th-7th of January and Week 1 will start on January 15th.

This year there will not be any sort of rebranding. No team will change names and we will provide the logos. The 10 available franchises are: Dragonspiral Tyrants, Wi-fi Wolfpack, Alpha Ruiners, Cryonicles, Team Raiders, Congregation of the Classiest, Circus Maximus Tigers, Stark Sharks, Indie Scooters, and Ever Grande BIGS.

This year's format is:
  • SV OU
  • SV OU
  • SV OU
  • SV OU
  • SS OU
  • SM OU
  • ORAS OU
  • BW OU
  • DPP OU
  • ADV OU
  • GSC OU
  • RBY OU
Manager signups will close December 24th. The hosts will announce the selected managers and open player signups shortly afterwards.

I will be signing up with Yelodash as my Partner
My achievements as a Manager includes winning BLT 6 and PSPL; Reaching Play Offs with Team UK (first time in 10+ years) and I have experience from managing in ROAPL a few years ago.
I have took part in 2 SPLs, 1 Snake, 2 SCLs and took part in every WCOP since 2018.
Finally I have built several teams that got used for this year's WCOP and I been learning ADV and DPP OU recently in my spare time.

Yelodash has played in many Tournaments which includes winning French PL and reaching Top 4 in several side tournaments.
He reached play offs for Classic and has played in SPL, SCL and WCOP.
His WCOP run being the most impressive as he won an important tiebreaker game, helping Team UK to reach play offs.
Yelodash has also managed in Arrow PL that he won.

We will be happy to manage any team.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Genesis7 and I would like to manage a team (preferably the tigers)!
Confirming, I have managed two SSDs, won one, and made top 3 in the other. I have also won unofficial team tournaments in the past, such as RoAPL, and OUPL. Knowledgeable on all gens in the tour, played SPL games in 2 of the 9, and have played official team tour games in 4/9.

z0m and I have teamed in SPL in the past and aim to put together a very competitive draft. He has won a WCoP in the past with a then unproven squad of US Westers and has had experience managing in this tournament in the past. I strongly believe we are a great duo choice to manage in this tournament, and hope to bring a legitimate trophy to the cursed Tigers for the first time. Also OK with any other team though.

Fear

GSC Monarch
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
High standards; what I've been aiming to represent and the quality that I would use to describe myself ever since my introduction to Smogon's most competitive tournament.
My overall experience is well known but for introduction's sake I specialize in old gens and I participated in every iteration of spl since 2017. I have been part of the old gen council since 2018, without being a stranger to the later generations whom I've been involved with (such as taking part in suspect votes through the years)
I have been burdened by a hefty pricetag in SPL for half a decade and I carry perhaps the best cumulative GSC record to date.
Most importantly though, I have been a dominant presence and a leading figure in any team tournament I've been part of, not just out of necessity but also because of character.

As someone who's been part of a great deal of SPL, I know firsthand how much of a difference a good manager can make. In the last iterations of SPL I've been wandering from team to team as a lone wolf in search of an appropriate pack. I don't have the intention of signing up as a Gen2 player for this year, yet my involvement with SPL begins anew by signing as a manager.

For this tournament, I decided to partner up together with Aurella.

I have known her over the years and while the Italian-Greek resume obviously speaks up for itself, I've chosen Aurella not only because I'm looking for a hard worker but also because we provide direct and supplementary support to all generations.
There's mutual trust and our personatities don't clash as we share similar values and ideas. Her work ethic and drive to help and support a team are greatly valued as was known on her 2022 SPL Team and she's not unfamiliar to the managerial scene either, having managed team Italy and SCL/SSD teams.

Aurella and I are confident that we are laying out the proper foundations upon which a team can depend upon and announce our readiness to be on the frontline for this SPL.

High standards; what I've been aiming to represent and the quality that I would use to describe myself ever since my introduction to Smogon's most competitive tournament.
My overall experience is well known but for introduction's sake I specialize in old gens and I participated in every iteration of spl since 2017. I have been part of the old gen council since 2018, without being a stranger to the later generations whom I've been involved with (such as taking part in suspect votes through the years)
I have been burdened by a hefty pricetag in SPL for half a decade and I carry perhaps the best cumulative GSC record to date.
Most importantly though, I have been a dominant presence and a leading figure in any team tournament I've been part of, not just out of necessity but also because of character.

As someone who's been part of a great deal of SPL, I know firsthand how much of a difference a good manager can make. In the last iterations of SPL I've been wandering from team to team as a lone wolf in search of an appropriate pack. I don't have the intention of signing up as a Gen2 player for this year, yet my involvement with SPL begins anew by signing as a manager.

For this tournament, I decided to partner up together with Aurella.

I have known her over the years and while the Italian-Greek resume obviously speaks up for itself, I've chosen Aurella not only because I'm looking for a hard worker but also because we provide direct and supplementary support to all generations.
There's mutual trust and our personatities don't clash as we share similar values and ideas. Her work ethic and drive to help and support a team are greatly valued as was known on her 2022 SPL Team and she's not unfamiliar to the managerial scene either, having managed team Italy and SCL/SSD teams.

Aurella and I are confident that we are laying out the proper foundations upon which a team can depend upon and announce our readiness to be on the frontline for this SPL.

Confirming, Fear's presence demands quality and I plan to uphold that vision as his manager partner in this new venture for both of us. With the returning advent of 4 SV starting slots and a fresh DLC meta to boot the workload of supporting an entire SPL team between just two managers is enormous, yet I'm confident we're just the right people to handle such a thing, with our combined skill sets, experience and tools proving so.

These past few months I've reflected on every team I've ever been on or supported, both bad and good, and all the lessons learned along the way. To that end I've invested in new support tools and concepts to meet needs I couldn't before, and have refined my sense and awareness of the proper compositions of healthy and competitive teams. I want to see this through together to the end with Fear and I know he feels the same.

We're here, we're ready.

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Yup njnp and I are respectfully requesting to manage the Tigers or Cryos for this iteration of SPL.

I have managed in the past with Pearl for SSD 1/2/3 making finals the third go. Hopefully we get a chance to hopefully turn the tigers around this year but honestly we will take any team.

Exotic64 and I would like to manage Cryos this SPL.

I’ve managed for ndpl, puwc, and currently managing in oupl while having experienced in official tours like wcop for west + side team tours as well such as roapl, epl, hpl, uuwc, etc. Exotic has experience managing teams with a recent being for oupl and played for several side PLs. If given the chance I believe we could do well this tour.

Last edited:

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Look, I am a self aware user. I understand that SPL has been a thorn in my side for some time. But as someone who preaches the Warrior Spirit, it's up to me to take action and understand my short comings. It's up to me to rewrite history. I thought that this was an issue I must solve on my own. I felt defeated and needed to figure out what I wanted to do next on this site. So I sat out of SPL 14, internally defeated and unsure of my future.

The Beginning
IMG_5351.jpeg

I missed SPL. I missed competing. But I enjoyed the new direction of the BIGS and I enjoyed watching the weekly matches. But I hated I wasn't involved. As I contemplated if I wanted to quit or keep pressing on, I received a message....

The Unlikely Ally
IMG_5350.jpeg

Although Leru is not anyone's first choice, his persistence and annoyance paid off. He challenged me to become a better manager. So we trained. Tournament after tournament, I was determined to increase my knowledge and improve myself as manager.

Winning tournaments are hard. Official or unofficial. But my warrior spirit never died. Larry and I understood how important each tournament we managed was, laser focused on improving ourselves.

Eye of the Tiger

SSPL: Finals
SMPL: Finals
ORASPL: 6th* (Drafted MANNAT)
BWPL: 4th
DPPL: Semifinals
ADVPL: Finals
GSCPL: n/a
RBYPL: n/a
ROAPL: Finals
WCoP 2023: Finals (Larry)
SCL III: Finals (ongoing)

With the intention of scouting talent and bettering ourselves, we trained. Tournament after tournament, replay audit after replay audit. Hours of turn by turn analysis. We put in the work.

IMG_5347.jpeg

The Next Chapter
Look, we haven't been perfect. We've taken risks on drafting users, and some have worked out tremendously. Some not so much (tier). But we've had the opportunity to truly understand who can help elevate us to the next level.

That's why Leru and I will be requesting with the Cabals unsolicited blessing, the Indie Scooters (Dave scoot scooted in SPLVI, Larry scoot scooted in SPLXIII) for SPL XV.

IMG_5349.jpeg

Last edited:

Javi

Que no respiren, que no respiren!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Dorron and me signing up to manage. We don't have a prefered franchise.
Me myself, I have managed in several randbats team tournaments (specially RBTT and Randbats WC), in EPL (Español Premier League) and in UUWC. I have also been a host in several PLs, so I do have a deep knowledge about how to manage a team.
My mate Dorron can provide more info on his experience, but he was Team Spain captain this year for WCOP.

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Dorron and me signing up to manage. We don't have a prefered franchise.
Me myself, I have managed in several randbats team tournaments (specially RBTT and Randbats WC), in EPL (Español Premier League) and in UUWC. I have also been a host in several PLs, so I do have a deep knowledge about how to manage a team.
My mate Dorron can provide more info on his experience, but he was Team Spain captain this year for WCOP.
Confirming, I've managed WCOP, ROA Olympics, MonoWC, NDWC twice, Retro Cup, Español Premier League and LJDA twice among other tournaments. I have also hosted different tournaments. We are more than confident that we will perform here.

MichaelderBeste2

is the Smogon Tour Season 35 Championis the 1st Smogon Masters Winner
World Defender
Managing a team (preferably Sharks!) with reformed player MichaelderBeste2.

Bro got healed from the VGC Syndrome, don't worry guys.

Confirming. As for myself, I gotta do a little introduction cause it wouldn't be the first time I have to manage a big team. I already managed in World Cup of Random Battles twice as well as the Random Battle Team Tournament (which might be the biggest tour on a website based on an attendance basis). My highest prestige tournament I managed was this years Team Germany in World Cup. It was so fun giving it my all back then.

Some might remember what I've written in SCL. That's why I'm even more eager to do things better. I would pour my soul into helping the Fairy Gen slots and I can give overall advice as well. I'll also bring back fun activities (Bobble League!!!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)