Speed Matters - Round 1

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Approved by Zebraiken

speed matters art UPDATED.png

tournament art (and the cutest klefki to ever exist) by the amazing fx (sun) (heart), tysm! :toast:

Speed Matters

Like many tiers, a single boost in speed in Ubers can often change the entire outcome of the match as revenge killing becomes significantly harder - resulting in a (relatively) high dependence on priority attacks such as Extremespeed, Sucker Punch, etc. But what would Ubers look like if everyone moved EXACTLY as they should, had no way to change their speed, and no access to priority? If you're interested in knowing or finding out - sign up now!
This tournament will test your teambuilding and (hopefully) promote creativity and reward those who think this 'new meta' through. Good luck!
Tournament Rules
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Best of 1 (if Finals opponents wish to make it Best of 3 they are permitted)
  • Battles should take place on either the PS (main) or Smogtours servers.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Battle Clauses:
  • 6v6
  • Sleep Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
  • Moody Clause
Non-Standard Rules:
  • NO THUNDER WAVE ALLOWED
    • However moves that drop the enemies speed such as (but not limited to) Icy Wind or Rock Tomb ARE allowed.
  • NO positive priority moves are allowed. This includes but is NOT limited to:
    • Protect/Detect
    • Spiky Shield/King's Shield
    • Magic Coat
    • Snatch
    • Endure
    • Baby Doll Eyes
    • Ion Deluge
    • ALL >0 priority attacks
      • Note: Pursuit IS allowed under this rule despite having a +8 priority when your opponent switches out
  • NO Abilities that grant certain moves priority, so the following 2 abilities are banned:
    • Gale Wings
    • Prankster
  • NO Abilities that alter speed, which includes but is NOT limited to:
    • Speed Boost
    • Weak Armor
    • Sand Rush / Swift Swim / Chlorophyll
  • NO speed boosting moves, which includes but is NOT limited to:
    • Rock Polish/Agility
    • Geomancy
    • Shell Smash
    • Quiver Dance
    • Dragon Dance
    • Shift Gear
  • Trick Room - despite having a negative priority - is NOT allowed in this tour.
  • NO Sticky Web. (s/o Mysterious M for reminding me!)
  • NO speed altering items are permitted, so the following items are banned:
    • Choice Scarf
    • Salac Berry / Starf Berry (chance of it giving +2 speed)
    • Iron Ball
    • Macho Brace
  • NO items that change a pokemon's priority bracket are permitted, which means the following are banned:
    • Full Incense
    • Lagging Tail
    • Custap Berry
  • Phazing moves ARE allowed, such as:
    • Roar/Whirlwind
    • Dragon Tail
    • Circle Throw
  • If you find an exception or perhaps a rule I forgot, this does NOT entitle you to abuse any loophole. If I find that someone has done this and used it to their advantage, instead of notifying me, I reserve the right to disqualify them from the tournament. Just because something is not listed here does NOT mean it's allowed if it subverts the "theme" of the tournament. USE COMMON SENSE!!!
    • If you are unsure about anything feel free to VM/PM me here on Smogon or find me on smogtours/main server under the name Crestfall.

Rounds will last one week apiece with the possible exception of Round 1 lasting two weeks (in case this hits a high number of entrants). I encourage everybody to post when they are active and ready to play so that I can gauge activity at the end of the round. Otherwise, unfinished match advancements will be decided by coin flips.

Good luck to all the entrants!!! :toast:

Round 1

Round 1 Deadline: Thursday, October 6th @ 11:59pm EST
Subs: Samqian blinkie Californium Matame BelmontGabriel + frania darksylvion (this is sign-up order and thus the order in
which you will be subbed if slots open up, sorry if you really wanted to play!)

Last edited:

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
ugh why the hell do people ask to sub for tours that they don't even have time for...so upsetting. Costs the slot from someone else actually willing to play >_>

Californium > Samqian to fight ZipZ AleF
if you can't get it done by deadline I can give a day extension too if you really need it.

Sableye had Prankster.
oh. didn't see that

Also my opponent blinkie scheduled that we would be playing around this time, but his last activity on the forums was over an hour ago and he is not on either showdown or smogtours.

edit: Lost ggs

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)