ORAS OU Speed Based Offensive Team

This is my actual OU Singles Team, and i'm going to explain it down :)
(Also, sorry for my english or if i'm breaking any rule)

/--/X/--/

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch

Charizard-Mega-X is a pretty good sweeper, with it's ability tough claws, it can easely OHKO many pokemon of the tier after jus one dragon dance. I prefer dragon claw, because outrage can easely be a "self-destruct" againts azumarill and other fairies. flare blitz is charizard X main STAB move, and different to outrage, flare blitz isn't forced to be used next turn (altough there's still a high recoil. Thunder punch is a type coverage against azumarill, I don't like roost cause charizard x don't have flyng type.

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Alakzam is a great B Spe BL, it's almost the perfect Sp Sweeper for my team. Somentimes I prefer using it with choice scarf, due to treaths that outspeed him. Psych and Psychok are excelent to break walls such as chansey (that has a high SpD stat, and one of the lower defense stats of the tier). Focus blast is a risky move that has low accuaricy, but deals damage as great as Psy---. As alakazam outspeeds many pokemon of tier, it can make ghost / psychic just blow.

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Scald

Look at it cute face and Def stats! it can TW anyone and just go back with regenerator!
Tryng to stack 6 Calm Mind can be difficult, but 2 are sufficient. thunder wave grants one or other move being interupted, while slowbro just stack calm mind and recuperate itself with slack off. Scald is a great move, that has STAB and + the calm mind stacks, and also 1/3 chance to burn, a wonderfull move for this set.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Shell Smash
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Rest

Shuckle can stack inverse shell smash, being more and more resistant. stticky web provides -outspeeds and can bring oponent's defogger/spinner out. knock off serves to retirate items such as leftovers. rest will just cure it, to stack more after.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Iron Head

Just a common defogger, that has a big Atk stats & Speed stat, and two nice STAB moves. Choice Scarf makes almost unoutpeedable, always cleanin' the floor.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Heal Bell
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost

Heal bell just cures status on slowbro and shuckle, so they dont lose life as walls. nasty plot is to stack is opponent will surelly chance pokemon. air slash can make pokemon easely flinch with its ability serene grace. roost provide longevity.

Thanks for reading everything, want to know your opinion. :D​

Hi, nice team you have there.

I recommend changing Choice Specs on Alakazam to Life Orb - thanks to Magic Guard you won´t suffer the recoil and are able to switch attacks. And using both Psychic and Psyshock seems redundant, especially when your Charizard X already covers special walls. You can replace one of them with a coverage moves like Energy Ball or Dazzling Gleam.

Change Rock Tomb on Excadrill to a stronger Rock attack like Stone Edge or if you are worried about accuracy Rock Slide. Rock Tomb is too weak and due to the Choice Scarf the speed lowering effect is not really needed.

Also Shuckle doesn´t fit your offensive team at all, with Rest and Contrary Shell Smash it is just going to sit there doing absolutely nothing (the least you could do is give it Toxic). And give your Shuckle Stealth Rock because this hazard is just too useful to be ignored, no matter whether defensive or offensive.

Hi, nice team you have there.

I recommend changing Choice Specs on Alakazam to Life Orb - thanks to Magic Guard you won´t suffer the recoil and are able to switch attacks. And using both Psychic and Psyshock seems redundant, especially when your Charizard X already covers special walls. You can replace one of them with a coverage moves like Energy Ball or Dazzling Gleam.

Change Rock Tomb on Excadrill to a stronger Rock attack like Stone Edge or if you are worried about accuracy Rock Slide. Rock Tomb is too weak and due to the Choice Scarf the speed lowering effect is not really needed.

Also Shuckle doesn´t fit your offensive team at all, with Rest and Contrary Shell Smash it is just going to sit there doing absolutely nothing (the least you could do is give it Toxic). And give your Shuckle Stealth Rock because this hazard is just too useful to be ignored, no matter whether defensive or offensive.
Thanks for the suport man, I'll do the changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)