Gen 3 Someone Help Please

Ok I have been in advanced for a while I had a working team but now I am having Flaws

Someone Tell Me What You See

Moltres @ Petaya Berry ** Scorch
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute

I love Moltres, it has like the highest special attack power of fires.... grass... nails pert on rocks...2hkos ttar..... fire blast can do a suprising amount to counters... you'd expect to nail poor tres

Salamence (M) @ Liechi Berry ** Dragoon
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Ya.. standard DD mence... with Fire Blast To handle steels..... SKARM

Starmie @ Leftovers ** Shuriken
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 41 HP / 217 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

I have been using starmie for a while... This poke sweeps late game

Sceptile (M) @ Petaya Berry ** Reptile
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 17 HP / 252 Spd / 241 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Endeavor
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leaf Blade
- Substitute

I love endeavor on sceptile..... it endeavors... helps me get rid of threats my team has problems with

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers ** Hi I'm Fat
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 96 HP / 156 Atk / 136 Def / 3 Spd / 49 SAtk / 59 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

My buddy Jigz ran this and then i added fire blast which number 1 breaks gars subs can burn meta... and others.... 2hkos skarm status absorber

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers ** Tyrant
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Spd / 32 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

This one sub tar with ice beam for flygon............ .clay... mence.... and others don....... MAN HANDLES BLISS
ohkos duggy switch ins

On Moltres. I'm not sure if HP Grass OHKOs TTar, but if it doesn't, TTar OHKOs it with Rock Slide before you can 2HKO. Assuming they're both starters. Unless TTar gets unlucky and misses. I like your Moltres, though.

Snorlax, I find is your hardest Poke to take out, at least when I play you. Also your TTar I have trouble with.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You could boost Moltres even more with Sunny Day. It also helps with your other two berry activators who would have their time of setting up and sweeping limited with Sandstream chipping away its health steadily but surely. Also powers up FBlast of Lax and Salamence which is nice, although I'd personally go Rock Slide on Salamence, seeing how Skarmory doesn't like this team. Aerodactyl also seems to be able to do a good amount of damage with no Rock resist in this team, as well as Zapdos with no solid electric absorbers. I'd put Sunny Day over Agility, since substitute protection imo would be really great against stuff like faster electrics and to 2hko Ttars when it switches in.

You could also play Moltres defensively this way with Morning Sun now having better recovery then Recover when its sunny. Pillowrath suggested Fire Blast (or Flamethrower), Sunny Day, Morning Sun, and Toxic. The point is to toxi-stall things that would usually wall it (like Thick Fat lax) with the boosted Morning Sun and then still maintain itself as an offensive threat with a Sunny Day-enforced Fire Blast. Flamethrower would give it a better stamina against Blissey who would wear down from Toxic and loses 30% from Sunny Day flamethrower. Toxic would also help wear down water pogies, letting DDmence for an easier sweep.

Yea, IBeam on Subpunchtar is annoying =0. I'd give it enough sp atk to OHKO Duggy with Ice Beam...or else the advantage of Ice Beam is lessoned. I'd go Brave, give it 264 Sp Atk, max its HP, put some in Speed to outspeed things (atleast 157 Speed) and put the rest into Atk.

And your Lax are wasting EVs (specifically the EVs in Speed and Sp Def), recheck them. Make sure that you checked "snap" at "Expert" where you do the EVs. FBlast seems nice, but that's an easy switch-in for viltar (Rock Slide, Substitute, Focus Punch, HP Bug) and CBTar that'll totally destroy your team.

Also, I'd give Salamence 270 Speed and rest in HP or Sp Def, since its defensive capabilities is what sets it apart from CBmence. Extra HP would actually let it counter Gyarados, etc. Makes it more possible of you getting that Liechi boost imo.

I wouldn't start out with Moltres, since there are too many common openers that would have an edge over it. Salamence is probably the best.

CB Aero could give you problems. A Jolly one would 3hko at most to take down any of your pogies. With 7 more points in Defense or 14 more points in HP, Snorlax could survive the 3rd hit, but there's no way once its Leftovers is disabled by your Ttar's Sandstream.

Curselax could also give you problems, since it could switch into Starmie, Moltres, and even Snorlax and DDmence if it has to. Sure you could predict its Curse and bring in your Sceptile to Endeavor, but that'll prolly require some sacrifice. With the set Pillowrath suggested to me (the one with Toxic), your Moltres would be one less pogey it'll have an easy set up, and will very likely save you from crippling your own team unnecessarily.

CMkou also has it easy against this team. Lax and Sceptile would be 3hkoed even without the Sandstream, and those are the best thing you got. This is also a good reason why you shouldn't go Naughty on Ttar, since Ttar not only Sandstreams but also has great Sp Def to beat Raikou 1 vs 1. Raikou stills 3hkoes it even without any CM, however. Your team has a potential of beating it with Sandstream, Sceptile, and Snorlax, but you'll struggle for it, and most likely lose against a well-played Raikou.

Swampert and Steelix would seriously help with your team's defense. Steelix could go over Salamence; Swampert could go over Snorlax. Also, Flygon could go over Sceptile. You NEED a Rock resist, though, as well as extra Raikou / Zapdos coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)