Gallade (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Leaf Blade

Assault Vest Gallade is completely underrated. With base 115 SpDef coupled with 125 Attack, Gallade is able to sponge most special hits and retaliate with lethal damage. Drain Punch gives Gallade nice recovery while being able to hurt unsuspecting Greninja fairly hard. Jolly Nature allows it to outspeed Jolly AV Tyranitar variants and easily KO.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

No one is prepared for CB Entei. If Charizard has been able to set up the sun previously, CB Sacred Fire does some of the scariest damage ever, and that 50% chance to burn can cripple any switch-in that would dare try to take the hit. Extreme Speed lets Entei revenge kill weakened Pokemon such as Talonflame or Azumarill. Stone Edge is for coverage, and Bulldoze lets Entei deal with non-ballon Heatran.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Toxic

Gliscor has gotten much love this generation. His bulk is unmatched and has won me many matches. Knock Off's buff has made it so useful. Gliscor can come in on a physical hit or a locked electric/ground move and knock off an item or two, giving my team valuable advantages. Earthquake is for STAB/coverage, Protect for scouting or an extra turn of Toxic Stall.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Rash Nature
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Charizard Y has been my favorite mega-evolution of this generation. He is SO powerful. Flame Charge on a forced switch to get a nice +1 Speed and nuke everything that comes in. There aren't many things that can take a Fire Blast from 154 Special Attack. Solarbeam for Drought abuse and HP Ice for the Garchomp/Dragonite who want to try and set up on Charizard.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Metagross is a great utility Pokemon. He sets up my rocks, he checks fairies and dragons, he has priority. His bulk lets him pretty much guarantee that rocks get up, and leftovers gives him a slight form of recovery. I generally lead with him unless I see a lot of ground/fire type attackers that could potentially lead off.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

Latios is a phenomenal wallbreaker. HP Fire, especially if boosted by the sun, can really threaten common switch-ins such as Ferrothorn or Breloom. Dragon Pulse and Psyshock for STAB, and Ice Beam for coverage.

Let me just go on record saying this is a pretty good team but run defog on Latios I know that you set up rocks but Zard needs the support speaking of which run focus blast and/or roost so your not walled by heatran and with the latter increase your longevity also since when is breloom a switch in to Latios?

Last edited:
Gallade: I'd personally go for Psycho Cut instead of Leaf Blade (STAB).
Charizard: Flame Charge seems awfully weak and it should rather be replaced with either Roost or Focus Blast. Normally, I'd recommend Air Slash, but I guess Fire-type Pokemon will already suffer from a Drought-boosted Fire Blast in the face. If you really want to counter Dragon-type Pokemon, why don't you use Dragon Pulse instead?
Latios: Thunderbolt instead of Ice Beam and Defog instead of Hidden Power Fire. Most people would recommend to take it more risky and go for Draco Meteor instead of Dragon Pulse, but that's up to you to decide. Defog is still important because two of your Pokemon are weak to Rock, and I'd hate to see them suffering from Sneaky Pebbles (Stealth Rock).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)