So I finally lost in the Showdown Wifi Tourney

To Pablo after making a run :( I could have beaten bonta-kun in the first round but was pummeled by hax and defeated PBB in the sixth round. Did I mention I didnt make top 16 last year because Eruption missed both pokemon? yeah... this team has bad luck all over it.

Typhlosion (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+Sp Atk, -Atk)
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Protect
- Quick Attack

This thing does some massive damage to trick room teams. The primary goal here is to protect while latios icywinds and hit them with Eruption next turn. Quick Attack allows me to take down level 1 smeargles.

Latios (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Icy Wind

Calm Mind utterly rapes Rain Dance teams. Hidden Power Ground lets me take down those Metagross everyone uses these days. Lum berry allows me to wake up and put any sleeper liek scarf smeargle or crobat in a postition where it will be slower than typhlosion and be be beaten with eruption+ icy wind.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Selfdestruct

Snorlax is one of the pokemon that allow me to fall back once my starters fall. Self Destructing snorlax is rarely seen and may be unexpected and removed two pokemon. Im thinking of putting protect on this guy.

Salamence (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Protect

My power hosue that comes in to swiftly end the game once the opponent takes a fury of eruptions. Salamence also helps in the way that intimidate will make physical attackers weaker which may be a problem to this team. Focus Sash protects me from both Ice and Dragon attacks which no item can do.

My tourney team has only ever lost to PBB, based on a 90% accuracy miss, followed by a succesful Double Protect on his part, or else I would've won handily :P.

The team looks great man, but I personally really dislike Snorlax as a stand alone Pokemon. IMO it really lacks offense, with Doubles being so fast-paced, I think you're better off investing more in attack, than going all out full special wall. I don't think it really fits your themeas all your 3 other attackers can really dent things bad from the get go.

With that said, it is your best response to Rain Dance if Latios doesn't succesfully pull of Icy Wind, but I dunno, I'm just no a fan of any Snorlax set that doesn't either Explode the turn it comes in or sets up Belly Drum under Trick Room.

Quick Attack on Typhlosion is a great move though, but you shouldn't Quick Attack right off the bat against Level 1 Smeargles, but rather Eruption, as you'll still hit both opponents, and then next turn you can finish off said Smeargle.

I am a huge fan of your lead combo though, it probably wrecks other 'goodstuff' teams that aren't prepared to deal with Icy Wind.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52325
not really helpful because it doesnt show anyone's teams or anything

Pablo, I really have no clue what to replace snorlax with though.
I only quick attack because Typhlosion is often the target of fake out because of its potential damage
Did you use the same team against pbb? It was pretty ingenious

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52325
not really helpful because it doesnt show anyone's teams or anything

Pablo, I really have no clue what to replace snorlax with though.
I only quick attack because Typhlosion is often the target of fake out because of its potential damage
Did you use the same team against pbb? It was pretty ingenious
Yeah the exact same one, and thanks for the compliment. If Showdown were tomorrow I'd use that team but with a few changes.

I was scared of Latios using Substitute, as that really wrecks havoc on Trick Room teams, and I honestly didn't remember from our previous battle it was a CM Latios. I only remembered the Icy Wind strategy.

I actually ran trick room on latios before I used reflect or Hidden power Ground. Both have been useful. but trick room immediately screwed trick room up because smeargle no longer had fake out to mess with me. Ill try out sub and see how it goes

When you say your Typhlosion does massive damage to TR teams, what kind of TR teams? From what I can see, your lead has nothing on a Slowbro/King + Hariyama combo (people, uh, do still use that, right?). Afterwards it seems that only Snorlax will save you. Personally I would find Taunt or something a lot more reliable at stopping TR but I dunno what kinda stuff people are running at Showdown.

Still, I find the rest of your team pretty interesting and can't think of much anything else to comment on at the moment. Still, I have to ask, when do you find the time to spam CM on Latios, and what kind of RD teams are you facing? Am I correct in assuming it's mostly special based ones (lacking Kabutops, Floatzel, and Toxicroak) and that you use Icy Wind beforehand to null Swift Swim?

Man, I'd be really interested in seeing how this team plays.

Why don't you make typhlosion modest, since he appears to only be mild for QA, which you said is only there for smeargle, which has 20 hp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)