4. Possible Changes
5. Threatlist
6. Replays
7. Conclusion

1. Pokepaste

The Team : https://pokepast.es/ff21f2cc26f110cf

2. Teambuilding Process

:sneasler:-:kingambit:
Is started the build with this core that I mentionned in this Thread. This is a Core I really wanted to build around, so here we are. The objective of this core is pretty easy : Sneasler is here to spread status on the opponent's Kingambit checks like Great Tusk, Dondozo or Moltres so Kingambit can clean more easily in endgame. Kingambit also answer Gholdengo, a great counter to Sneasler.

:sneasler:-:kingambit:-:hatterene:
The biggest counter to this Core (and in particular Sneasler) is Gliscor, because it can switch on Sneasler's Attack without fear being poisoned, and Kingambit can't break past. Hatterene was chosen to complete this Core to counter Gliscor, but it also gives the team a very good slow sweeper which is very strong against defensive teams.

:sneasler:-:kingambit:-:hatterene:-:great-tusk:
Hatterene can't answer all the Hazard Setters, so i decided to add Great Tusk to have an additional Hazard Control. It's also our Kingambit check in early and mid-game.

:sneasler:-:kingambit:-:hatterene:-:great-tusk:-:skeledirge:-:clodsire:
With this 4, I only missed a solid defensive Core. Skeledirge and Clodsire were my choice, because they can answer (almost) every Pokemon that were threatening for the previous 4. Skeledirge also pressure Corviknight, a big counter to the team.

3. The Pokemon

:sv/sneasler:
Sneasler (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Poison Touch
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Dire Claw
- Switcheroo
- U-turn

Sneasler is the first Pokemon of the Core I previously mentionned. Its primary role is to Poison Great Tusk, Dondozo, Moltres or Ting-lu with Dire Claw, Close Combat and U-turn. It also acts as a really effective Revenge Killer thanks to Choice Scarf, which allows it to outspeed Protosynthesis Speed Walking Wake, Energy Booster Iron Valiant and Roaring Moon at +1 in Speed. The Set is pretty basic, Switcheroo is useful to cripple defensive walls, and can also remove Gliscor's Toxic Orb and Ninetales-A's Light Clay.

:sv/kingambit:
Kingambit (F) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Kingambit is the second member of the main core of the team. In this team, I don't need KIngambit's defensive prowess because I already have Clodsire to check Ghost-Types, so I went with a Full Speed set to get past as many opposing Kingambits as possible. This also allows you to play Black Glasses to be able to break past Dondozo in the endgame. Tera Flying can clutch in endgame thanks to the Ground Immunity and Fighting Resist.

:sv/hatterene:
Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Healing Wish

Hatterene is our answer to Gliscor and Hazard Stack in general, thanks to its Ability Magic Bounce. It's also a very powerful slow sweeper against defensive teams once its answer has been removed. Again a very standart set. 60 Speed EVs allosw you to outspeed Toxapex with some EVs in Speed. In this set I decided to play Healing Wish in the last slot to give Kingambit a second chance to sweep, but it can also be useful in endgame if Great Tusk, Skeledirge or Clodsire are in low range.

:sv/great-tusk:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

Great Tusk is our second way to control Hazard, so Hatterene is not too much pressured. It's also our Rocker and our Kingambit early / mid-game answer. It can check opposing Great Tusk, as well as Dragonite thanks to Ice Spinner. The set is pretty basic, I decided to play max speed to outspeed Glimmora and Gholdengo. Ice Spinner hits Dragonite and Gliscor hard. Tera Dragon gives us a Ogerpon backup answer.

:sv/skeledirge:
Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Hex
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Skeledirge is our answer to a lot of Pokemon. Iron Valiant, Iron Moth (if Clodsire is in low range), Kingambit (with Tera and when Great Tusk can't answer it anymore), Roaring Moon (with Tera), Cinderace, Hatterene, Zamazenta, Ogerpon (if you tera), Sneasler, etc... It's also our way to pressure Corviknight, a big counter to the team. The is pretty classic here. I decided to make it mixed so you can answer Ogerpon, Kingambit and Roaring Moon more easily. The spread allows you to take 1 Power Whip while not Tera + 1 non-tera Ivy Cudgel and one Burned Power Whip while Tera.

:sv/clodsire:
Clodsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Clodsire is here to check Ghost-Types (Gholdengo and Dragapult), Rain (Barraskewda, Basculegion, Manaphy and Greninja may have an attack to kill you so you can Tera), Walking Wake, Enamorus and Zapdos. Pretty classic set here too, the speed is too speed creep against opposing Clodsire.

4. Possible Changes

Sneasler : You can play this set instead if you feel that you don't need the speed control and you want the Static and Flame Body Immunity.

Kingambit : You can run a more bulky set, and you can change the item and the Tera Types as you want.

Hatterene : For the last slot, several options are possible : Mystical Fire to hit Steel-Types, Nuzzle and Substitute.

Clodsire : I never tested it, but Heavy Slam on Spikes helps you against Balloon Gholdengo and Substitute Enamorus.

5. Threatlist

:sv/ogerpon-wellspring: :sv/ogerpon-cornerstone:
Both of them are really hard to answer, you will need to Tera Skeledirge but if you miss Will-O-Wisp, only Sneasler can Revenge Kill them.

:sv/rillaboom:
This team's only grass resist are Sneasler, Skeledirge and Kingambit. Sneasler has a poor bulk and Skeledirge fear Knock Off. Kingambit have a correct Bulk but no recovery, so Rillaboom can do enormous holes in the team.

:sv/great-tusk: :sv/landorus-therian:
As this team don't have a Ground-Immunity, Ground-Types are very threatening, especially Great Tusk and Landorus. The only answer in the team are Great Tusk (but it can't take 3 Banded Headlong Rush) and Tera Flying Hatterene.

There may be threats missing that I forgot to include.

6. Replays

Sorry, no replays yet !

7. Conclusion

Thanks you for reading my RMT, and if i did a mistake or I forgot something, let me know if the comment. Bye !

Last edited:
I would recommend adding most Ground types to the threat list, your team has 4 Ground weaknesses and no resistances outside of Kingambit using Tera (which is rarely a good idea until lategame). Landorus and Great Tusk are threatening in particular. There's no easy way to fix this, but Tera Flying on Hatterene and a Defensively invested Great Tusk would help.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Ice spinner is almost needed for pokemon like gliscor, like Pinkacross said your team has a lot of ground weaknesses and don't have much answeres to them, don't replace it with knock off, though knock off is pretty good for great tusk

I would recommend adding most Ground types to the threat list, your team has 4 Ground weaknesses and no resistances outside of Kingambit using Tera (which is rarely a good idea until lategame). Landorus and Great Tusk are threatening in particular. There's no easy way to fix this, but Tera Flying on Hatterene and a Defensively invested Great Tusk would help.
Yes ur right, I lost against Srn's Sun because of Band Great Tusk. A more bulky Great Tusk is a very good idea. Thanks !

https://pokepast.es/9fd97b12150b790a Here is an updated version of the team after Pinkacross 's comment, with Tera Flying Hatterene and a more Bulky Great Tusk set to have an easier Match'Up against opposing Great Tusk. The Speed EVs allows you to outspeed Ogerpon after 1 Rapid Spin.
I had an other idea but idk if it's viable. Chesnaught may be a good option on Great Tusk because it bring a Ground Resistance, a Kingambit Check, and an Ogerpon Check. The only problem is that you lack a spinner.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)