Tournaments SMPL II - Managers Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
SMPL-2.png

Welcome to the second edition of the Sun & Moon Premier League! This thread is for the signups for those who wish to manage in the tour. Information about the tournament can be found in the SM OU Discord server. The hosts for this edition of SMPL are Rae, Javi and Clementine.

There will be 6 teams for this tournament.
When signing up, YOU MUST SIGN UP WITH AN ASSISTANT MANAGER and state who they are. ONLY ONE OF THE TWO MANAGERS will be able to purchase themselves for 15k credits prior to the draft if they wish to do so.

Please sign up using the following format:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Managers will be chosen based on experience in SM tournaments, their level of involvement in the community and knowledge of the playerbase, their general competence, and prowess in managing in other high level tournaments in other tiers. If you do sign up, it would be worth explaining why you and your assistant manager would be good picks with relation to the above criteria.

The 10 Slots for this tournament are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM OU
SM OU [Suspect Slot]
SM DOU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM PU
SM LC

Tiers and number of slots are subject to change.
The SM OU [Suspect Slot] will be similar to last year's Suspect Slot. We'll post more informations in the near future.

Signups will close on Friday March 17th, 11:59 PM GMT+1.

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Manager: Leru
Assistant Manager: Stone Cold
Team Name: Dave's Darmanitans

Both Stone Cold and me have experience managing several official team tournaments and I am positive on the sheet in all of SM OU, SM Ubers, SM UU and SM NU. I also won the SM PU Cup, so we will be able to support the majority of tiers in the tournament.

Last edited:
Manager: fakenagol
Assistant Manager: ABR
Team Name: Abr's Alakazams

Me and ABR go way back since 2019 when we shared a mutual server together. He's also considered to be a top 5 player of all time. Empo also considers me a top 5 player of all time so I guess it's not fair that two top 5 players of all time get a team? haha joking! Anyways, ABR, my good buddy, is currently managing the Wifi Wolfpack right now with Tony and shows great leadership skills as his team is doing well and can potentially make it to playoffs. ABR in addition to this is positive on the sheet, has won SPL multiple times and has won WCOP with team US East and also teamed with afrabs in 2013 as well too.

Furthermore, me and ABR have great individualistic success. I have won stour (twice), ost (once), and slam (once) too. I am currently in SPL and my team is currently in playoff potential. ABR also has won stour, ost, and classic. ABR's OST win was also in SM as well vs ben gay. I guess you can we would be a good team together. We would be like the Steve Nash of pokemon, successful individual careers turned to cioaches like his tenure with the Nets before he got fired.

With ABR's great leadership experience, playing ability, and his fantastic teambuilding, we are surely to become the next dynasty in SMPL

Manager: Excal
Assistant Manager: HANTSUKI
Team Name: DPL Diancies

Hantsuki and I simply go way back, having a great run in DPL together. We also have complimentary synergy, as Hantsuki won SPL as a manager and I am currently managing a bottom-placing SPL team. This is also quite simply a great time to sign up, as brazilians may soon become endangered on smogon. We are really looking forward to this wonderful opportunity as we just can't see a universe where we lose with our unparalleled expertise and wisdom!

Manager: fakenagol
Assistant Manager: ABR
Team Name: Abr's Alakazams

Me and ABR go way back since 2019 when we shared a mutual server together. He's also considered to be a top 5 player of all time. Empo also considers me a top 5 player of all time so I guess it's not fair that two top 5 players of all time get a team? haha joking! Anyways, ABR, my good buddy, is currently managing the Wifi Wolfpack right now with Tony and shows great leadership skills as his team is doing well and can potentially make it to playoffs. ABR in addition to this is positive on the sheet, has won SPL multiple times and has won WCOP with team US East and also teamed with afrabs in 2013 as well too.

Furthermore, me and ABR have great individualistic success. I have won stour (twice), ost (once), and slam (once) too. I am currently in SPL and my team is currently in playoff potential. ABR also has won stour, ost, and classic. ABR's OST win was also in SM as well vs ben gay. I guess you can we would be a good team together. We would be like the Steve Nash of pokemon, successful individual careers turned to cioaches like his tenure with the Nets before he got fired.

With ABR's great leadership experience, playing ability, and his fantastic teambuilding, we are surely to become the next dynasty in SMPL
can we remame to “fake breeze: a tale of hardship and redemption”

Staxi

Staxoat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Manager: Staxi
Assistant Manager: Tuthur
Team Name: Shooting Star Dreamers

Returning managers who won the very first edition of smpl. On top of that I won SCL I and 2021 UPL as a manager and tuthur is a competent player who recently won ZU olympiad and also led ZU. We will make sure to create the most competitive team and win the tour back to back!

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Manager: Egor
Assistant Manager: Ainzcrad
Team Name: Communist Tequila Torkoals

Time to lead our Torkoals franchise onto a bigger stage. Our duo has managed a number of discord team tours, I am one of the current team USSR captains at RCoP & WCoPP, Ainz has managed some Smogon leagues like NDPL and AG Snake. We both are quite active across the SM generation and are knowledgeable of the playerbase.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Manager: Fc
Assistant Manager: Spellcaster
Team Name: Swagging Summerchus

We managed last year and have since gotten better at the game and managing so we are going to win. I've managed a million lower tier pl's / snakes / wcups atp and Spellcaster has co managed w me for a few of them to good results.

Manager: Howkings
Assistant Manager: Skypenguin
Team Name: Andromeda Galaxy Cosmogs

AGC.png

Manager: Askov
Assistant Manager: mncmt
Team Name: tbd

mncmt and I simply go way back, having a great run in SPL together. We also have complimentary synergy, as mncmt is easily one of the top 5 players at the moment and I am currently one of the the bottom 5 brazilians player according to smogon's superstar elodin. This is also quite simply a great time to sign up, as brazilians may soon become endangered on smogon. We are really looking forward to this wonderful opportunity as we just can't see a universe where we lose with our unparalleled expertise and wisdom!
Skypenguin and I simply go way back, having a great run in SPL together. We also have complimentary synergy, as Skypenguin is easily one of the top 5 players at the moment and I am currently one of the the bottom 5 italians player according to smogon's noob superstar Tricking. This is also quite simply a great time to sign up, as italians may soon become endangered on smogon. We are really looking forward to this wonderful opportunity as we just can't see a universe where we lose with our unparalleled expertise and wisdom!

Skypenguin

Skype (nguin)
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
Manager: Howkings
Assistant Manager: Skypenguin
Team Name: Andromeda Galaxy Cosmogs

View attachment 498791

Skypenguin and I simply go way back, having a great run in SPL together. We also have complimentary synergy, as Skypenguin is easily one of the top 5 players at the moment and I am currently one of the the bottom 5 italians player according to smogon's noob superstar Tricking. This is also quite simply a great time to sign up, as italians may soon become endangered on smogon. We are really looking forward to this wonderful opportunity as we just can't see a universe where we lose with our unparalleled expertise and wisdom!
Confermo
Alternatively if we don't get selected I would like to manage the Brooklyn blazikens with Mr. Bossaru

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Manager: lax
Assistant Manager: sasha
Team Name: TBD

Credentials:
ABR has said I could possibly be a top 10 SM OU player of all time. This past year, I won UMPL & GSCPL, lost ORASPL finals TB, managed and lost NU Snake Draft in the semis, won as a player on my UPL team, lost and failed to qualify for MonotypePL playoffs, lost and failed to qualify for UU Snake playoffs as a player, lost both SPL and SCL as a player failing to qualify for playoffs, lost in Drewvintational SV UU Release Tournament, lost in ORAS Invitational Play-Ins, and lost and failed to qualify for Smogon Classic. I am also always looking to challenge myself and enjoy nice long walks in nature.

my co-manager sasha is a very dedicated manager and has achieved numerous finals as a leader and friend to the players. Additionally, sasha has played in many officials as well.

HANTSUKI

satan saves xmas
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RUPL Champion
Manager: Excal
Assistant Manager: HANTSUKI
Team Name: DPL Diancies

Hantsuki and I simply go way back, having a great run in DPL together. We also have complimentary synergy, as Hantsuki won SPL as a manager and I am currently managing a bottom-placing SPL team. This is also quite simply a great time to sign up, as brazilians may soon become endangered on smogon. We are really looking forward to this wonderful opportunity as we just can't see a universe where we lose with our unparalleled expertise and wisdom!
confirming, if i don't get banned until the tournament start........

sasha

one eyed owl
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Manager: lax
Assistant Manager: sasha
Team Name: TBD

Credentials:
ABR has said I could possibly be a top 10 SM OU player of all time. This past year, I won UMPL & GSCPL, lost ORASPL finals TB, managed and lost NU Snake Draft in the semis, won as a player on my UPL team, lost and failed to qualify for MonotypePL playoffs, lost and failed to qualify for UU Snake playoffs as a player, lost both SPL and SCL as a player failing to qualify for playoffs, lost in Drewvintational SV UU Release Tournament, lost in ORAS Invitational Play-Ins, and lost and failed to qualify for Smogon Classic. I am also always looking to challenge myself and enjoy nice long walks in nature.

my co-manager sasha is a very dedicated manager and has achieved numerous finals as a leader and friend to the players. Additionally, sasha has played in many officials as well.
confirming, to add on i've managed many sub forum tours, winning things such as mwp and managing oras pl to finals

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Egor
Assistant Manager: Ainzcrad
Team Name: Communist Tequila Torkoals

Time to lead our Torkoals franchise onto a bigger stage. Our duo has managed a number of discord team tours, I am one of the current team USSR captains at RCoP & WCoPP, Ainz has managed some Smogon leagues like NDPL and AG Snake. We both are quite active across the SM generation and are knowledgeable of the playerbase.
Confirming, free the sus haha :blobuwu:

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Thank you all for signing up! Here is the list we concluded with:

Leru and Stone Cold - Dave's Darmanitans :darmanitan:
Excal and HANTSUKI - DPL Diancies :diancie-mega:
Staxi and Tuthur - Shooting Star Dreamers :jirachi:
Fc and Spellcaster - Swagging Summerchus :pichu:
Howkings and Skypenguin - Andromeda Galaxy Cosmogs :cosmog:
lax and sasha - TBD :golem:

We will move forward with the administrative stuff shortly and follow up with managers regarding draft info. In the meantime, if you could all obtain team logos for yourselves, the host team would appreciate that greatly (not a requirement).

Please join our discord server (anyone is welcome to join) and PM/Ping me (Clem#3471) to get everything ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)