#smogonvgc Live Practice Tournament 2 - Landorus Giveaway FRIDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, in an effort to promote activity here in the VGC subforum, we'll be holding a practice tournament this Friday at 5 pm US central time (GMT -6). If this tournament goes over well enough, we'll do more like it and hopefully have more fun stuff for everyone. This week, we'll be giving away an Adamant Landorus (soft reset by yours truly) to everyone that enters the tournament to use in future live tournaments, or one of the many premier challenges being held across the US (and the world?).

This week, Professor Birch will be running the bracket, so send your PMs to him when you see him on IRC!

The rules are simple:
  • Flat Doubles, pentagon Pokemon ONLY. Basic VGC rules here, folks. If it's not allowed on ORAS Battle Spot, it isn't allowed here.
  • For the purpose of having the tournament run on time, strategies such as Minimize are STRONGLY discouraged. Id' like to keep this tournament fun and fast; these strategies are neither.
  • Competitors will need a copy of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire to enter.
  • The tournament will be Swiss, best of one with a top cut that will be determined by how many people enter.
  • Each round will last a maximum of 30 minutes. If the match is not completed within the timeframe, it will be up to the host to decide who wins or who loses.
  • If there is a disconnection, it will be up to the host to decide who wins or who loses. Make sure to have a camera handy to get some proof if you're nervous about this.
  • Since this is a non-weighted practice tournament, you may change your team between rounds. However, it might be better practice for you not to do so.
  • You must join the IRC channel #smogonvgc in order to participate. PM whoever is running the tournament your username and friend code to enter. Make sure to join the chat and register early! The link will be provided at the end of this post.

landog -
Landorus

Nature: Adamant - Ability: Sand Force/Intimidate - Location: Pokemon Omega Ruby
IVs: 31/31/29/x/29/31

This week, we'll be giving away landog the ORAS-caught Landorus. Landorus-Therian is by far the most common and threatening non-mega in the metagame right now, with a fearsome attack stat that powers a terrifyingly powerful Earthquake and the best support ability in the game, Intimidate, landog will certainly find a place in many a team.

So even if you're not confident in your skills or your team, remember that this is just for practice and that you're getting a free Landorus and stop by #smogonvgc this Friday to show your support for VGC on Smogon! I hope to see you then!

The link for the IRC channel, #smogonvgc is Here.
HOW TO RECEIVE LANDORUS:
  • Step 1: Catch a Poochyena
  • Step 2: Offer the Poochyena for a Landorus on the GTS
  • Step 3: Enter your username that you entered the tournament with in the message box. If you don't do this, you'll be ignored!
  • Step 4: Refresh the GTS to receive your Landorus. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I am 100% in. Currently doing 3 online tourneys for vgc. Getting a lot of experience.

What is a VM?

I am 100% in. Currently doing 3 online tourneys for vgc. Getting a lot of experience.

What is a VM?
VMs are can be interpreted as writing on a profile wall. To do so, just go to Professor Birch's profile (Clicking his name, Searching his username, etc) and you can see a little post option that says in light gray letters "Write Something". Basically you can join the tournament by sending a PM ( Personal Message ) or by VM ( Writing on a profile wall ). Hope you understand and good luck in the tournament!

I want it so much but i am only available for 2hours or so Friday... I guess it is far too short to participate...

Free Landorus for everyone that enters?

I'm not sure about the future of vgc on this site, but that Landorus sure looks sexy all shirtless Shulk-ish like that. Count me in.

I'm from New Zealand, am I allowed to enter?
There is no limitation based on location, if this is like the last one, which it presumably is. The question is whether you can be awake at that time. I even played a German player, and s/he would've been playing past midnight.

To get Landorus, should we re-list Poochyena at a certain time? I imagine it would be a bit of a pain to find them otherwise.

What if we haven't seen Landorus in our games yet? We can only ask for what we've seen.
At the bottom of the list of letters there's an option to type in a name of a pokemon, and thus you can pick a pokemon you haven't seen before.

How long do these usually take? It would be around 11PM my time when it starts =[ I played in a NB live, and it went on for at least 7 hours, but I hope it isn't that long

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
How long do these usually take? It would be around 11PM my time when it starts =[ I played in a NB live, and it went on for at least 7 hours, but I hope it isn't that long
see:

The one last week took about two and a half hours, for five rounds, and about another half an hour for the top cut match. That one had 23 people participating.

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Will the matches be played on PS? If so, I'm in. Don't have a team on AS yet, soooo.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)