Survivor Smogon Survivor: The Official (Started! Join server to spectate)

Hi F3! Congrats on making it to FTC.

Drookez hi drookez <3 grats on making another FTC!! after your robberies in S6 and S9 i'm really happy to see you make it so far again and i think you played a very good game. you were literally never a target and i think you're pretty much a ftc lock as early as f10 which is really impressive! however, some people on the jury feel that your game is extremely similar if not essentially identical to one other finalist's game (i'll leave it to you to determine who that is but i'm sure it's obvious!) i'd like to give you this opportunity to list maybe one or two things about your game that make it unique and make it stand out from the other finalists' games. i know you mentioned some things briefly in your speech but i'd love to see you go a little bit more in-depth with some of those points. :)
Yessssss it’s good to be back!!! I don’t think it’s weird at all that Clouds and I have a similar game considering we have been together ever since the first swap which means we also meet the same people and go to the same tribal councils. This also meant our paths to FTC were also similar. However, i think our gameplay is a bit different. In non-social aspects, I think overall I performed better than him in challenges. In most challenges, I ranked higher. Of course, I don’t think we needed to win any to secure our safety but it signals that Im putting my fullest into the game. As stated before, I’ve also found at least the clues to most advantages. I found the steal a vote i gave to jalmont, all 4 clues locations for the idol which i told you, the link to the gdrive which i gave to clouds etc. On the social side, I think I developed a strong bond to most even though i dont know them before. As an example, i paired with in the hills for the pairing up challenge when most people went for their old allies that they’ve known before (joe-clouds) (outlaw-josh), which proves that i am open to new alliances too. I respect clouds social game, but I believed he let his allies go a bit too easily. He was close with Dyo since the first two tribes, but allowed him to be eliminated first on the third. I also think the joe vote was close enough that something could be changed, particularly with in the hills which clouds is presumably close to as well. For the most part, i wasn’t too affected by most eliminations since the person i wanted to work with going forward was still around.

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I respect clouds social game, but I believed he let his allies go a bit too easily. He was close with Dyo since the first two tribes, but allowed him to be eliminated first on the third. I also think the joe vote was close enough that something could be changed, particularly with in the hills which clouds is presumably close to as well.
Definitely fair here, but I'd argue that this was evident in your own game in cases such as the pairing challenge when trace was shafted despite us having been in a pretty strong trio. I know part of this was a result of our discussion about it, but ultimately you called the shot and I respected it. I'm sure part of it came down to trace being a bigger threat, and I obviously wasn't opposed since I was close to hills. F21 challenge was so tough all around and definitely the saddest of the game though, and timezone chaos put us in that situation to begin with.

Another element of it is that I feel like I was more likely to be perceived as letting some allies go that I shouldn't have because I had a wider range of connections to fall back on, and once Finance rolled around, I became much tighter with you/SSR as Dyo became pretty inactive. Bending my back to save someone who didn't even seem to be phased by the fact that he could go didn't feel like it was worth it, and so Spiderz called every shot for that one challenge and everyone let him. With Joe, I had a target that several in the game didn't have to deal with, which was being in a power duo that was recognized and discussed. Winning the challenge based on how well we knew each other only added to that, but there were no scenarios in which Joe and I proceeded further in the game without the target being there. Doesn't mean I wasn't gonna try–without Whydon's rally to vote him I would've kept marching forward–but it also meant the optimal thing for me to do in that situation was keep quiet. Sucked a ton, but game.

I know Whydon also considers himself someone I let go way too easily. I'm aware he planned to go far and probably even endgame with me, but his DM spam to get me to vote Josh at F11 among other factors added a layer of unnecessary stress. I liked Blakers, and I probably would've considered not voting him there with an alternate vote that wasn't Josh, but when you get hit with the "i feel like ppl dont really care about what i want v_v" and other dramatic & untrue statements, it's a deterrent. He spent F11/F10 telling me how I was playing too hard into SSR and RAD's hands and other reasons my gameplay was bad, and so it made the decision a ton easier. I like you a lot Whydon, I know you don't vote for me here and I'm not sure how much longer you'll continue to pretend I don't exist over a online Survivor game vote, but you gotta put yourself in my shoes.

Last edited:
I know Whydon also considers himself someone I let go way too easily. I'm aware he planned to go far and probably even endgame with me, but his DM spam to get me to vote Josh at F11 among other factors added a layer of unnecessary stress. I liked Blakers, and I probably would've considered not voting him there with an alternate vote that wasn't Josh, but when you get hit with the "i feel like ppl dont really care about what i want v_v" and other dramatic & untrue statements, it's a deterrent. He spent F11/F10 telling me how I was playing too hard into SSR and RAD's hands and other reasons my gameplay was bad, and so it made the decision a ton easier. I like you a lot Whydon, I know you don't vote for me here and I'm not sure how much longer you'll continue to pretend I don't exist over a online Survivor game vote, but you gotta put yourself in my shoes.
My read on the game was that you were as committed to working with me as I was to you. Obviously I was wrong. In the same way that I would've never voted Eli/Ayia/SSR/Rad because they are oog friends, I would have never voted for you. I do not appreciate having someone tell me things like "would you go to ftc with me? I'm 99% positive you'd beat me but I'd also go with you because idc that much and I'd try to give it a shot" "i would never vote for a friend" "I told you I wanted 9th anyways, I'm not here to win" when these are just...not true statements AND are coming from someone who probably figured I would be a F10 vote as early as F12 (or at the very least knew you would never go far into the game with me)? Especially when it's someone who I am being 100% honest with because I value them as a friend oog, not to say you didn't value me but is it my fault that I felt like trash after reading the messages you were sending me during the hour before my vote? Maybe it is, like I've said I'm an emotional and often irrational person but at the end of the day I felt a certain way and still feel a certain way and it goes beyond whatever strategy you or anyone else thinks was at play. I made a read and thought you were my hard ally which made me think that you were playing into a vote that would give too much power to Rad/SSR (again, an incorrect read, which I obviously know now). You told me enough pleasantries and sweet-nothings to make me feel that way (good for you! that's how a good social game works) but my apologies for assuming that someone who asked me to join this game and someone who I considered to be close to oog would not go against me, or if they did, would at least not gaslight me in the moments leading up to my elimination in a game that I repeatedly said I was not concerned about winning. Like at least SSR gave me the decency of not leading me on by ghosting me the entirety of the merge LMAO which is why he probably would've had a good chance of getting my vote had he made FTC despite the fact that he also stabbed me and is an oog friend. No amount of me "putting myself in your shoes" is going to make me feel better about how that vote went, there are a million different ways you could've handled it and you did it in a way that lost you a potential jury vote and left me feeling burned both in and out of the game, and I'm not going to be led to believe that any of that is my fault because you could've easily DM'd me or pulled me into a VC and told me how you were feeling because from the way it sounds it seems like I hurt your feelings by saying your gameplay was weak / you were annoyed with how I was handling our in-game relationship (a way that I would've handled any of my other hard alliances but point aside). In any case, I'm sorry for being upset over being voted out by a close ally after playing this game for 2 freaking months and I'll be sure to avoid it in the future by never playing another survivor with friends ever again! :toast:

You are free to respond but this is all I'll say on the matter, you played well and should be proud of how far you've come but you're better off addressing other members of the jury who might actually have their minds swayed because my vote never goes on you here. If you have personal concerns with me "pretending like you don't exist" then please DM me on Discord because there's really no use in talking about it on a public forum (though I've already told you how I feel so I'm not really sure why this public callout was necessary but I guess I might be missing something here).

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
thanks for the responses! midterm tomorrow so i may respond to them later... or not! depends on how i feel.

hey Drookez! good job making it here. i don't really have any serious question for you, because as you went utr in the game, you also went utr in the jury! i have actually talked to you less than i have joshua, so i don't exactly know any serious social complaint i'd have. i think the fact that we barely talked is both a flaw and a boon for you because i dont really have anything to pinpoint specifically other than activity... so i guess i'll be gauging your reactions to other people. good luck!

i guess i do have something though, my question is, why did you avoid connecting with me as much? you gave me false promises at f10 that you would do your best to keep me safe, but dumped me as soon as the people you were following (from my pov, ssr/clouds) decided to do so as well. i told you there was no reason to lead me on, so why did you do so?

thanks for the responses! midterm tomorrow so i may respond to them later... or not! depends on how i feel.

hey Drookez! good job making it here. i don't really have any serious question for you, because as you went utr in the game, you also went utr in the jury! i have actually talked to you less than i have joshua, so i don't exactly know any serious social complaint i'd have. i think the fact that we barely talked is both a flaw and a boon for you because i dont really have anything to pinpoint specifically other than activity... so i guess i'll be gauging your reactions to other people. good luck!

i guess i do have something though, my question is, why did you avoid connecting with me as much? you gave me false promises at f10 that you would do your best to keep me safe, but dumped me as soon as the people you were following (from my pov, ssr/clouds) decided to do so as well. i told you there was no reason to lead me on, so why did you do so?
I connected with you least because I knew i couldn’t take you far. Out of the you, ayia, whydon, rad core, I believed you were the biggest threat and I made this clear to SSR and Clouds. Even when they were leaning to switch to Andy, I told them that I think Eli is the better vote (which, circumstances or not, was my vote for the tribal). Personally, i don’t like to start connecting to people if I already decided to vote them sooner or later, sorry about that. I gave you a false promise to save you at S10 because Zoa has emerged as a challenge threat and you were the player that could come close to his performance - this means keeping you mean a better chance Zoa could burn his idols/be eliminated. Unfortunately, after F10, Ayia became a challenge god for the next 2 challenges which meant Zoa’s position weakened significantly. This has also meant that the value in keeping you as a counterbalance to Zoa diminished - ultimately leading to my vote on you. So no, I did not drop you because SSR and clouds told me to do so. I did it because I already identified you were a threat from the beginning, saw the value in keeping you around until that value diminished.

Nuxl

I connected with you least because I knew i couldn’t take you far. Out of the you, ayia, whydon, rad core, I believed you were the biggest threat and I made this clear to SSR and Clouds. Even when they were leaning to switch to Andy, I told them that I think Eli is the better vote (which, circumstances or not, was my vote for the tribal). Personally, i don’t like to start connecting to people if I already decided to vote them sooner or later, sorry about that. I gave you a false promise to save you at S10 because Zoa has emerged as a challenge threat and you were the player that could come close to his performance - this means keeping you mean a better chance Zoa could burn his idols/be eliminated. Unfortunately, after F10, Ayia became a challenge god for the next 2 challenges which meant Zoa’s position weakened significantly. This has also meant that the value in keeping you as a counterbalance to Zoa diminished - ultimately leading to my vote on you. So no, I did not drop you because SSR and clouds told me to do so. I did it because I already identified you were a threat from the beginning, saw the value in keeping you around until that value diminished.
you identified the guy who was proclaiming to be a goat and hardtrolling more than half the time since minute one as the biggest threat...?

I would like to add that despite playing under the radar, which was my intention, a lot of thoughts went into each vote. With Zoa’s looming idol plays, it was clear that we needed to pressure Zoa into playing the idol but keep the votes off him. If we didn’t keep the votes off him and put too much on Zoa, the game could easily be flipped as our votes would be nullified and another alliance could take the lead. Although there may be no big flashy plays, I think it’s the smaller jury/vote management like these that benefited my strategy more.
you identified the guy who was proclaiming to be a goat and hardtrolling more than half the time since minute one as the biggest threat...?
Yes. And perhaps this decision was made before I even knew you proclaim this. I knew you were capable of becoming a challenge threat in the right challenges, while you can become a strong social player as you had many experiences with social games before and knew a lot people from this community. I understand that you maybe truthful when you said you were goating/hardtrolling, but I rarely believe what people say in Survivor especially claims like the ones you said. Additionally, I was allied with Whydon coming into merge so I was not afraid of him, while I had more confident keeping RAD at bay. This left you and Ayia as people i was nervous about coming into merge, which was also reflected as I had the least conversations with the both of you. And I’m sorry for that.

Last edited:
Drookez I told you joe was an option on f13 and yet the reaction most people on the losing side of that vote was it was a blindside. What did you do with that info and why?
I am not sure if it was because I asked you right before I had to leave or whether a lot of the vote changes happened when I was offline, but I brushed that vote off as you were the only one to have dropped Joe’s name to me. To me, it didn’t mattered too much because I had never been on a tribe with Joe in the game, although I did want to work with him if he had stayed alive longer. In any case I still had a strong alliance to fall back on, and a bright side to come out of the vote was that I am sure I have cloud’s full loyalty as my biggest threat to his allegiance is out of the game. So even if I had known majority would be on Joe, I probably would be neutral with him leaving. (Even clouds who, out of anyone should be the one saving Joe, couldn’t do it). Blakers was a much better option for me there because I have blindsided him before, although he never brought this up so I had a slight hope that he isnt vengeful of me. All in all, i didnt mind the vote.

Nuxl

I would like to add that despite playing under the radar, which was my intention, a lot of thoughts went into each vote. With Zoa’s looming idol plays, it was clear that we needed to pressure Zoa into playing the idol but keep the votes off him. If we didn’t keep the votes off him and put too much on Zoa, the game could easily be flipped as our votes would be nullified and another alliance could take the lead. Although there may be no big flashy plays, I think it’s the smaller jury/vote management like these that benefited my strategy more.

Yes. And perhaps this decision was made before I even knew you proclaim this. I knew you were capable of becoming a challenge threat in the right challenges, while you can become a strong social player as you had many experiences with social games before and knew a lot people from this community. I understand that you maybe truthful when you said you were goating/hardtrolling, but I rarely believe what people say in Survivor especially claims like the ones you said. Additionally, I was allied with Whydon coming into merge so I was not afraid of him, while I had more confident keeping RAD at bay. This left you and Ayia as people i was nervous about coming into merge.
when you call your actions jury management it stops becoming jury management btw

in fake merge i literally shitposted lol. i told multiple people in my tribes to stop talking to me and i did the same in f13 as well. i don't really know what that says about your threat analysis if you continued to be hyper fixated on this because of any prior reputation i had and not because of my particular actions in game (i was very open about how little i cared, i think?). i am honored that you think i was threatening but i think you stating that shows how closed minded your reads were and that, even if i did try, i would have never been able to work with you considering you would have kept giving me false hope so i don't know if you can call that good jury management if i never even got a chance :pirate:

thanks for owning up to it though! remember the game isn't relevant to my vote but if you disagree then feel free to state so :0

when you call your actions jury management it stops becoming jury management btw

in fake merge i literally shitposted lol. i told multiple people in my tribes to stop talking to me and i did the same in f13 as well. i don't really know what that says about your threat analysis if you continued to be hyper fixated on this because of any prior reputation i had and not because of my particular actions in game (i was very open about how little i cared, i think?). i am honored that you think i was threatening but i think you stating that shows how closed minded your reads were and that, even if i did try, i would have never been able to work with you considering you would have kept giving me false hope so i don't know if you can call that good jury management if i never even got a chance :pirate:

thanks for owning up to it though! remember the game isn't relevant to my vote but if you disagree then feel free to state so :0
I don’t think you should discredit yourself. But yes, I do agree that what I posted there was more vote management than jury management so the latter may not apply to the point I made. I respect what you say, but it’s a tough choice. Consider my position - we never met before merge so I cant gauge how much effort you are putting into the game. I worked with the knowledge i had, that you a) could be a social and challenge threat if necessary, b) were still alive and well connected which meant you werent throwing all game, and c) was reaffirmed by my allies when i asked whether eli is a threat. I don’t think the goal of survivor is to work with everyone, it’s to stick with players that benefit you. Obviously, this mean that some players are there just to get you farther in the game. Again, im not the type to force a conversation only to eliminate you from the game. As for pre-game reputation, unfortunately that is unavoidable in open games like this. It will affect all of our decisions one way or another (like how Josh’s mentioned in his opening speech that DLE was a threat), so the best way is to be aware that they exist, use it to your benefit but dont base your social game around preexisting relationships. Oh, and it doesn’t hurt to own up to any reputation you may have <3 #SheepRISEUP

Alright well hey there f3! You guys have definitely gotten the obligatory congratulations enough already so I’ll just use that brief acknowledgement of it as mine. I’ve been waiting a long ass time for us to reach this point and I just wanna say that my vote is completely up in the air for this.

Drookez I wanna start off by saying that one thing that I wish could’ve been different about my experience in this game is that I wish we had spent more than one voting round together so that we could actually maybe work together. I was really hoping to work with you a lot in the merge! And looking back on that, it doesn’t seem like I was alone on that, which I feel is another indicator of how well you were playing. That being said, us not really having the time to work together is kinda what makes it hard for me to outright vote for you. Pretty much everything I know about your game I know from the perspective as a juror rather than as a player, and I feel like I don’t know you as well from both a game and a personal perspective as I do the other two. Hell I can’t even really think of a burning question I have to ask you LOL. If anything, I’ll be paying attention to your responses to other questions, and I don’t want you to think that you have no shot at getting my vote.

TheyCallMeJoshua I was really happy that we got to work together pretty extensively (relative to the time I was in the game that is). Except for one isolated moment of paranoia, I always had a lot of trust in you. My biggest hesitation in voting for you is that I feel like your game was a little bit weaker overall than the two guys sitting next to you. So my question to you is this: in the game I thought you were a really sweet guy, and I still do think that. But it’s FTC right now and if you want my vote I’m gonna need to see a bit of a nasty side. Tell us why the other two finalists don’t deserve to win the game. Not why you deserve to win more than them, but why they don’t deserve it.

Clouds After everything I’ve heard about your game and especially how you handled me getting voted out, I gotta say there’s a couple things I’m still pretty confused on. You’ve been saying that when Whydon told you about the vote against me you saw it as this big moral dilemma and a moment that really demotivated you, but I’ve heard some things from other jurors that kinda make me question that. Whydon told me that you had leaked both zoa’s idol and his SwP to him, which was big game info that I brought up to you. And Nuxl also mentioned that you leaked a pecking order that I had for how to proceed throughout the merge. Honestly I don’t actually remember making one but looking back on it if I did I wouldn’t be too surprised LOL. Whether or not either of those pieces of info were the catalyst for the vote against me I don’t know, but at least from my rationale it seems like it would be. And then even after the deadline to play advantages had passed you still chose not to tell me that you knew I was the vote and sent me to the jury thinking you were just as blindsided as I was. And this is all after you had told me earlier in the game that you got a lot more motivated in the game when we finally crossed paths and basically just gave me a lot of reassurance that you really did wanna work with me. So all of that being said, I just wanna know: were you playing me the whole time? Or was there any point where you genuinely wanted to go to the end of the game with me, and if so where in the game did that change?

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Alright well hey there f3! You guys have definitely gotten the obligatory congratulations enough already so I’ll just use that brief acknowledgement of it as mine. I’ve been waiting a long ass time for us to reach this point and I just wanna say that my vote is completely up in the air for this.

Clouds After everything I’ve heard about your game and especially how you handled me getting voted out, I gotta say there’s a couple things I’m still pretty confused on. You’ve been saying that when Whydon told you about the vote against me you saw it as this big moral dilemma and a moment that really demotivated you, but I’ve heard some things from other jurors that kinda make me question that. Whydon told me that you had leaked both zoa’s idol and his SwP to him, which was big game info that I brought up to you. And Nuxl also mentioned that you leaked a pecking order that I had for how to proceed throughout the merge. Honestly I don’t actually remember making one but looking back on it if I did I wouldn’t be too surprised LOL. Whether or not either of those pieces of info were the catalyst for the vote against me I don’t know, but at least from my rationale it seems like it would be. And then even after the deadline to play advantages had passed you still chose not to tell me that you knew I was the vote and sent me to the jury thinking you were just as blindsided as I was. And this is all after you had told me earlier in the game that you got a lot more motivated in the game when we finally crossed paths and basically just gave me a lot of reassurance that you really did wanna work with me. So all of that being said, I just wanna know: were you playing me the whole time? Or was there any point where you genuinely wanted to go to the end of the game with me, and if so where in the game did that change?
Hey Joe, thanks! Whydon was filled in on zoa's idol + SwP after your vote, when it was no longer a detriment to your own game for me to tell anyone. It was better that people knew then didn't know at that point in the game, so it would be factored in down the line. As for Eli's comment, I genuinely don't know what he's referencing there–our only discussions leading up to your vote in our 1on1 were about how he's goating whoever asks and doesn't care about the game, but I'll let him elaborate on this more if I'm forgetting something. I can't even think of a time we talked about an exact pecking order you had aside from us discussing everything hypothetical in vc, and I hope you don't think I would go to Eli and say "Joe wants [list of people in order] out", that would be one of the most brainless things to do and make no sense. You were my #1, as long as you were in the game it was always going to be that way, and any important game info we discussed stayed between us. I can't control what gets talked about in the jury chat, but I also understand it's part of the game and that I made Whydon/Eli both not feel great on their way out.

I 100% had the intentions you thought I did, I knew we probably weren't making it to endgame together but I figured we could make at least mid-merge before one of us got blindsided. If I wasn't here to play the game with one of my closest friends on the site, I wouldn't have instantly vc'd with you and told you everything at fake merge and then again at merge. You'll see on post-game review but I harbored some pretty intense guilt for not saying anything during your vote, and ignorance is bliss in the sense that sometimes I wish I wasn't told about it to begin with. But I know as someone who knows Survivor even better than I do, you can see why it'd be smart to keep quiet there, as awful as it feels. In hindsight, I could've said something like "keep your votes" when Whydon was trying to get hills to vote off and you guys were discussing it in the alliance chat, but I didn't know how likely it actually was that Eli hadn't submitted a vote. His concerns that maybe he hadn't developed while we were in a vc and slowly progressed, but it still seemed up in the air.

Either way, I'm looking forward to putting everything in the rearview and vc'ing with you to review the chaos that was this game, and I'll see you on NYE? ((:

My question to TheyCallMeJoshua :

Why?

Interpret this as you will.
Alright. So I'm going to interpret this why as something similar to "why didn't we work together during this game?"

When we got to the merge, I considered working with you in some capacity.
Being left out of the vote at F13 caused me to want to stick with the people I had more trust in before the merge (SSR, RAD, Clouds). I figured that it would be better for me to make sure those relationships weren't ruined because of that. When I heard you were throwing my name out at F11, I felt less motivation to continue working with you. It didn't help that it felt like you thought I was dumb because you told me that you "forgot" that you threw my name out twice around F10. At that point, I knew we wouldn't be able to have a working relationship in this game.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Drookez I have a hard time understanding your game because you didn't directly work with me and you're claiming subtlety is an important factor for winning. There is nothing for me to consider first-hand about how your ftc spot is a result of your actions. Your game sense evaluations for alliance and player capability make sense to me but I don't see how you'd set up ways that go with the flow. Every player since blakers' elim has a reputation as a power player this game, so I'm also considering the likelihood that you were overlooked because of your competition's perceived threat levels rather than your actions. How has your subtlety worked out this game? Which jurors can back you up about this to get a more complete idea about your game?

Clouds You'd mentioned in the answer to my first question is to consider how well-accounted the impact of each vote went. A portion of the jury question the way you treated them in the votes they were voted out. Did you consider this in your game? How did you think jury would vote this ftc?

Clouds

False Pretenses
Clouds You'd mentioned in the answer to my first question is to consider how well-accounted the impact of each vote went. A portion of the jury question the way you treated them in the votes they were voted out. Did you consider this in your game? How did you think jury would vote this ftc?
My goal was to consider this with everyone, especially after merge, and I know the biggest flaw in my game was the way I talked to a few people in the hours leading up the vote in which they went home. With you & Eli, I should've talked to you about where my vote was, and I believe you were the only two (aside from zoa, who people were afraid of telling in the event that he had idol #18393049) post-merge who I did not talk with prior to their vote about why I was voting them. I think it's interesting that some people consider it a positive that Drookez didn't talk to most people he voted beforehand considering it's the easy route and less respectable in my own eyes, but I also get that in comparison to my conversations with like, Eli, ghosting was better than (unintentional) gaslighting. With Whydon, it was a bit different in the sense that he did know I was voting him out, but no amount of me letting him down easy was likely to compensate for me giving him false hope earlier in the game, and I get that.

Aside from this though, I was honest and up front with everyone who I discussed my reasons for voting them with, as there's never a good reason to blindside in most cases. But I totally own that I could've done better on this front, and I've reflected pretty hard on it.

Drookez I wanna start off by saying that one thing that I wish could’ve been different about my experience in this game is that I wish we had spent more than one voting round together so that we could actually maybe work together. I was really hoping to work with you a lot in the merge! And looking back on that, it doesn’t seem like I was alone on that, which I feel is another indicator of how well you were playing. That being said, us not really having the time to work together is kinda what makes it hard for me to outright vote for you. Pretty much everything I know about your game I know from the perspective as a juror rather than as a player, and I feel like I don’t know you as well from both a game and a personal perspective as I do the other two. Hell I can’t even really think of a burning question I have to ask you LOL. If anything, I’ll be paying attention to your responses to other questions, and I don’t want you to think that you have no shot at getting my vote.

TheyCallMeJoshua I was really happy that we got to work together pretty extensively (relative to the time I was in the game that is). Except for one isolated moment of paranoia, I always had a lot of trust in you. My biggest hesitation in voting for you is that I feel like your game was a little bit weaker overall than the two guys sitting next to you. So my question to you is this: in the game I thought you were a really sweet guy, and I still do think that. But it’s FTC right now and if you want my vote I’m gonna need to see a bit of a nasty side. Tell us why the other two finalists don’t deserve to win the game. Not why you deserve to win more than them, but why they don’t deserve it.

Oh, boy. :grimacing:

Drookez - Out of the 3 of us sitting here, I felt Drookez had the easiest route to get to the end starting from the merge. I had no idea the extent to how long SSR (one of my closest allies) and Drookez had known each other. If I had known, I probably would have made different choices. If I had to guess, I would say that Drookez probably knew others more extensively than I thought.

Clouds - One of my personal struggles with Clouds during this game was how unreceptive he was to my feelings when I learned that he was the one who flipped to vote out Outlaw. This relates a bit to Eli's original question for me as this was the reason why I was so upset with Clouds. He voted out my best friend, and then proceeded to tell me that I was taking the game too seriously and shouldn't be giving myself a headache about it as if it was wrong of me to have these emotions. I believe members of the jury may have had their own personal struggles with Clouds during the merge.

Yeah, it was unfortunate. I really did want to work with you throughout merge because I knew you were close with clouds who is my long-time ally and also I knew you would give the numbers on my side against the people that I want to vote in the future - namely people like Blakers, Eli etc. In hindsight, aiming to ally with you was the right call since most people that voted to eliminate you were people I wanted to vote off anyways meaning that I was correct about the sides that were forming. Sad about our short time, but know that my willingness to pm you and initiate a conversation meant that I really wanted to work with you if you were around longer. (As I said, evidenced by eli and Ayia, I usually dont start conversations if I knew I had to vote them sooner or later)

Drookez I have a hard time understanding your game because you didn't directly work with me and you're claiming subtlety is an important factor for winning. There is nothing for me to consider first-hand about how your ftc spot is a result of your actions. Your game sense evaluations for alliance and player capability make sense to me but I don't see how you'd set up ways that go with the flow. Every player since blakers' elim has a reputation as a power player this game, so I'm also considering the likelihood that you were overlooked because of your competition's perceived threat levels rather than your actions. How has your subtlety worked out this game? Which jurors can back you up about this to get a more complete idea about your game?
Here's how my FTC spot was a part of my own doing:
I was minority in both your vote and Joe's vote. Guess what happened to everyone else that were on the minority both times? They were eliminated. The only exception is Josh, whose name has been mentioned countless times after as an elimination candidate and did receive many votes in following tribal councils. I received none. If you argue that I was only taken to FTC because I was a relatively lower on the scale of power players, then do you believe that Josh received more votes than me because he ranked higher on the scale according to other players? I don't think so and I think juries will agree with this. Despite being on the minority, I took it as an opportunity to get closer with Josh, Zoa, In the hills etc. - players that have stated that they trust me. With that, I have the numbers on my side to take out people I think needed to be eliminated - the Eli, Whydon, Ayia, Rad core among others. I think it's the small moves like this that mattered more this game - I didn't need to make flashy blindsides while I had numbers behind my back. I am also curious to your reasoning regarding to being overlooked. SSR, Clouds, and I did not receive votes throughout merge (except F4)- this is definitely NOT because no one think we are are the top threat. Some jury members have even stated that our alliance were in control during their final words. I attribute this success to playing up that other players were more threatening, and managing my relationships to make sure I was always safe. Our alliance had strong control of merge without any major resistance, and I think a part of that is being subtle about your actions. I made sure I had the numbers and that my allies trusted me through to the end, which is how i got to FTC.

There was more jury talk about ssr's and clouds's play than yours. Thanks for clarifying
I honestly believe that most votes since F11 were mostly fixed. We knew who had to go, we just didnt know when - and of course we needed to play around immunities and advantages. Any play is likely overstated, given that I don't think any one player can claim they came up with the vote on *insert name here* on their own, especially from F11. In my opinion, the most impressive "play" was that we were never targeted for any vote despite multiple people thinking we were threats, which I already explained why in my earlier post. Another impressive play is playing around idols - we burned all of zoa idols while still maintaining control of majority. It's the subtle things like these that juries can miss, and I don't think they should miss it. There was a lot of talk about how we should play around idols while maintaining control of the vote, and we all played a part in the discussion. For one, I would argue that Zoa had a lot of trust in me and I did my part being intentionally vague so that he played his idol while at the same time, voting with him and thus maintaining his trust going forward.

All 3 of you know how happy I was to make it far in this game, and even though it resulted in my elimination in 4th place, I wouldn't have played this game any other way. That being said, I still am undecided about who to vote for and your answers to these questions will lead me to my decision.

Drookez
  • The familiar formulation alliance of you and I along with clouds existed from f20 all the way to f4. If Josh had lost f4 immunity and been an elimination candidate next to either myself or clouds, would you have stayed true to the alliance and voted out Josh or voted out an alliance member to secure an easier FTC?
  • One of your points as to why we should vote for you to win is that you were never considered as a target at any tribal council, and you also say that due to time zones you were kept out of the loop about a lot of votes that changed close to deadline. This could also be interpreted as playing a goat game of sorts in that you never were the leading force behind any vote and just voted wherever you felt the majority was. Please explain to me why I’m wrong.
  • Why did you give the advantage that you found to Jalmont, and how do you think his use of it to save himself and eliminate Outlaw affected your game?
  • You had a large amount of outside relationships from the beginning of the game to the end. Do you think your strongest allies were the people you knew beforehand, or did the alliances you formed with the people you met in game benefit your game more?
To all 3 of you:
  • Give me one positive about each of your other finalist's games. What do you think they did well in this game?
  • Out of the people not in the final 3, who do you think deserved to win this game the most?
  • If you had to vote for a winner between your other 2 finalists at this FTC, who would you vote for, and why?
  • What was your favorite moment of this game?
Some other lighthearted questions:
  • Pancakes or waffles?
  • What was the worst challenge in this game, and why was it the business proposal?
  • Pokemon showdown tournament between the three of you, which tier would you beat them at and who would be your star Pokemon?
  • What's your go to song or playlist? (I'm running out of music to listen to)
  • Do you praise rufflets?

Sorry for making this so long-winded, but I have no clue who to vote for and I felt this would be the best way to make that decision. Congrats again on making it to the end of an 80 PERSON GAME, you should all be very proud of yourselves!
1) Unfortunately, eliminating josh was out of the question. I knew it had to be one of you and clouds as the F4 vote, with a slight lean towards you as I had identified you as the biggest FTC threat.
2) This only applied to the first few votes - I knew who was going home each time since F11. But actually if you look at the vote I placed (being voting Blakers instead of Joe, Eli instead of Andy), they were all in my better interests rather than following the majority. I had identified eli as a potential threat, while I knew Blakers likely wont trust me after blindsiding him. On the other hand, I just met joe and Andy and were neutral about them - their elimination doesn't meaningfully changes my path to winning. So I disagreed that you think I just followed majority because my votes reflected the person I preferred to be eliminated. And I stood by those votes.
3) I found the advantage on my first tribe and I was forced to gift it - I could not use it on myself. During the second tribe, Jalmont's tribe was in trouble as they had lost the diplomat summit. We were close on our first tribe so I decided to gave it to him to help him out. His use didn't affect me much at all, I never counted on Outlaw to be on my side and I couldn't let Jalmont merge with others from marketing leading to his elimination the next.
4) I will make a full post dedicated to this point.

To Clouds: Clouds was likable to a lot of people in the game, including me! I think this has allowed him to ally with the people he needed, be flexible about his options, and exert influence. I respect his play.
To Josh: You were on the minority since the start and made it to FTC while many others didn't. You should be proud no matter what happens.

- I have to agree with most and say Zoa. Returning from RI while being there since the start is a miracle run and he proved to be a challenge/advantage threat at merge.

- Clouds, because he was my ally since the second tribe. We've been through a lot of the same things, and I knew it wasn't easy. He has a good social game, and would have my vote.

- Probably when Clouds and I were trying to solve the idol clue with the colors and our google doc started glitching and highlight random cells in grey and we thought it was intentional LOL that was too funny Clouds i hope you agree

-Pancakes! Sorry Whydon <3
- mood tbh
- randbat with dynamaxing belly drum slurpuff
- STREAM FUTURE NOSTALGIA
- praiserufflets

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
this isn’t a question, but just for clarification. the last time you could use an idol/advantage in this game was at F6, meaning I would always use one after winning 3 straight immunities, because I just had to win one more immunity to get full use out of them, and not burning them would be unnecessarily risky. if any of you actually obtained one or asked one of the people that i showed the idol to (joe or josh), you might know this critical piece of information. anyone saying they forced idol burns or whatever isn’t really expressing the full story.

Clouds

False Pretenses
Probably when Clouds and I were trying to solve the idol clue with the colors and our google doc started glitching and highlight random cells in grey and we thought it was intentional LOL that was too funny Clouds i hope you agree
How'd I overlook this omg, the couple hours in which we were entering anything and everything into the cells to make them turn grey and how we really thought we did something.. legendary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)