Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

If you're being excessive about it, yes. On broader terms: the moderators of a section are typically the ones who decides what happens with these. If you're frequenting some subforum and want advice I suggest talking to those on how they would want you to act in those cases. Generally I would think the moderators would prefer if you left it to them, but it can vary per section.
soooooooo is it okay if I am "not excessive"?
excessive is a vague term.
am I being excessive in this comment https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ion-v4-dlc-is-live-on-ps.3732644/post-9909617 ?

should I delete it? should I rephrase it? should I let it as it is?

I certainly wasn't trying to be rude, that's for sure.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
soooooooo is it okay if I am "not excessive"?
excessive is a vague term.
am I being excessive in this comment https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ion-v4-dlc-is-live-on-ps.3732644/post-9909617 ?

should I delete it? should I rephrase it? should I let it as it is?

I certainly wasn't trying to be rude, that's for sure.
Pragmatic rule of thumb is you can dunk on / minimod people (though you’d just quote them and say “you can’t double post”, no need for formality or wordiness) at the bottom of another post that contributes to the thread’s discussion at hand. Adding another post just to tell people not to double post is flooding the thread, and the issue with double posting is it floods the thread, so you become part of the problem rather than the solution.

It’s all still up to the individual mods of your section though.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I'll keep this brief, is it possible through a pokémon PID, reverse engineer a copy of a player's game?
No. PID determines specifics about a single Pokemon (IVs, nature, ability, gender, ect), but have nothing to do with a specific player's game.

With additional information you can sometimes calculate new info about a person's save file - for example, if they tell you that the specific PID is a shiny Pokemon and they tell you the trainer ID number you can get a good approximation of what their SID is - but certainly nothing to recreate their entire save.

I was thinking, since there's custom mon "lists" for things like doubles or ND, but more notably VGC where within the format it will display only the legal options, what's stopping OMs from getting the same treatment (For example, in AAA, Iron Hands is banned, but will still show up on the list; and on the inverse even though Arceus is illegal, it will also still show up)?
I assumed at first it'd be some technical limitation due to the way things are structured around the "main" smogon usage based tiers (i thought), but it's only baseless conjecture so if anyone knew i'd like to be told why

What do these "USA vs the world" tournaments relate to? Like I know Smogon World Cup relates to FIFA World Cup but what about the other one?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
What do these "USA vs the world" tournaments relate to? Like I know Smogon World Cup relates to FIFA World Cup but what about the other one?
These tournaments are more or less the creation of Smogon users from a specific scene (UU, I believe?) disconnected from any real-world parallels. They're simply designed to be another (quick) tournament to run that can be a fun team environment. There may be some real-world examples that are similar (apparently, America Ninja Warrior...?) but the tournament simply came to be from members of the community creating the concept.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
These tournaments are more or less the creation of Smogon users from a specific scene (UU, I believe?) disconnected from any real-world parallels. They're simply designed to be another (quick) tournament to run that can be a fun team environment. There may be some real-world examples that are similar (apparently, America Ninja Warrior...?) but the tournament simply came to be from members of the community creating the concept.
I wanted to wait for a knowledgeable user on the topic to answer first, but since there is no real source I’d like to propose we retroactively make the inspiration RuPaul’s Drag Race since it does [country] vs The World seasons which are named as such :boi:

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Would it be possible for this forum to add the following things as stuff that can be quickly shown within text :like this:? For example, :poke ball:, instead of having to manually link elsewhere such image or uploading it directly to the respective post.

These would be quite useful when discussing sets, and in particular I'm certain some OMs and several Pet Mods would benefit from this quality of life addition, I'd think the text that'd be used within :this kind of code: is also quite self-evident for each respective type, so I'm going to omit suggestions on that to ease reading.

I was thinking, since there's custom mon "lists" for things like doubles or ND, but more notably VGC where within the format it will display only the legal options, what's stopping OMs from getting the same treatment (For example, in AAA, Iron Hands is banned, but will still show up on the list; and on the inverse even though Arceus is illegal, it will also still show up)?
I assumed at first it'd be some technical limitation due to the way things are structured around the "main" smogon usage based tiers (i thought), but it's only baseless conjecture so if anyone knew i'd like to be told why
This still hasnt been answered

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
This is relating to Showdown, so idk if I should post it here (pm me if so!), but you should tier the tiers. Like tier Uber, OU, RU, etc. by usage rates or something instead of alphabetical order. It’ll help people new to the tier make good teams easier by knowing the best Pokémon

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Where would I post a thread that asks “How would you make a team/tier these Pokémon” I.e., I’m making a Fakemon region and I just made the Pokédex of returning Pokémon and asking people (assuming everything follows the same rules (except for bans) of Nat Dex) what they think, how good the meta game would be, what team they would make, and how they personally would tier them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 3)